Injuries 2011/12

Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hawkeyepnx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hawkeyepnx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Injuries 2011/12
    Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 7:34am
Hey everyone! Looking to see who had their season cut short, whay happen, how it happened, etc. Be serious, dont embelish.
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 8:43am
wasnt my injuries but mother nature was injured and couldnt snow so that ruined my season
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just before descending into the Waipio Valley Hawai'i

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 8:48am
Tendonitis in my left ankle, along side a broken bone from a few years back.

Renewed some right knee pain from an old motocross injury, and fractured my tailbone on a rock hiding under some pow.

Didn't cut my season short, but sure made the last few weeks of it laborious.....
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 9:03am
Ouch! What a depressing thread haha. Last year I broke my collar bone off one of the kickers? That shit hurt and it pretty much ended my season. I put in about 10 days before it happened.

Cool thing was I had insurance on my season pass...and I got a full refund for it!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 9:06am
lack of snow ended my season early. 

oh then I got hit by an suv...that didn't help but it was minor.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 9:20am
Originally posted by rzero

Play Frogger much as a kid ???

-b
get bent
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 9:22am
no serious injuries from this season except for minor soreness and cramps from regular riding, 2 seasons ago took a nasty fall off a trojan horse jib & buckle off to the side and slammed upside down onto may rib cage no fractures just ended up with some bruising and swelling.
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

Originally posted by rzero

Play Frogger much as a kid ???

-b

I got hit before the game loaded.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 11:22am
Lower back spasm and spine misalignment on my L4/L5 from a previous work injury that put me on the shelf and killed most of my season. Rehabbed it enough to do some boarding this year.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 12:45pm
Bruised tailbone, partially torn rotator cuff, non-displaced fracture of left humorus bone. I kept riding. Sometimes with a sling, sometimes without. Advil does wonders.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by julius77

Bruised tailbone, partially torn rotator cuff, non-displaced fracture of left humorus bone. I kept riding. Sometimes with a sling, sometimes without. Advil does wonders.

Dude I feel ya on the tail bone I wacked it on and ice quarter pipe in Copper in Jan and it still is killing me. I doesnt help that I am biking a lot to get read for a triathlon and the roads suck ace
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 5:13pm
No injuries but then again didn't even get to try much since there was no pow to cushion the fall.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 5:28pm
Broke a bone in my foot in March, not snowboarding related, but it kept me from the last week of riding this year.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 5:37pm
Did a full on scorpion going around 30mph... I think I tore something.
I did ride on it the next day... hurt like hell but I pushed through...
It still hurts today (1 month later).
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Witty1

Did a full on scorpion going around 30mph... I think I tore something.
I did ride on it the next day... hurt like hell but I pushed through...
It still hurts today (1 month later).

I think you may need to get it checked out before it permanently damages you for good.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 6:59pm
Bombed a choppy trail way too fast at the start of the season and sprained my front ankle. Screwed up my progression for most of the season.
///M3ntal View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ///M3ntal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 7:23pm
I pulled a hamstring and that kept me out a couple weeks but that was it.
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 7:28pm
Blew my left knee out for the 4th time. Had surgery in early January. Worked hard and was able to get a few days in the last few weeks.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget yo

I think you may need to get it checked out before it permanently damages you for good.

I did actually. No spinal damage.
It's all muscular.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 8:11pm
i had a seperated left shoulder in the middle of march and it kinda shtooked up the last few weeks of my season. anytime id fall i would reinjure it.  besides that, im happy to report an injury free winter Clap
Camber Is The New Rocker.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 8:22pm
first season in a while in which i didn't take any time off for injury.  i did dislocate my shoulder for the second time, but i was back at it 3 days later which was the next time i was gonna ride anyway.  wore my brace for the rest of the season and it was fine.. feels better now but i need to do physical therapy again.

last year i almost broke my back and took a break for a couple days, and then i tore the MCL in my knee and was out for the rest of the season as of mid-january.

year before that, i needed about a week off when i hurt my back.  tweaked it bad or something and i kept seizing up one day.

year before that i dislocated my shoulder (1st time) and was out for 9 days before i had to go back out.. it was dumping and there was pow to be ridden.  wasn't supposed to go back for about 6 weeks but i rode with my immobilizing brace inside my jacket.  that was interesting, but worth it.

it was nice to not have been held back by injury this year, although the first couple days after i popped my shoulder out again, i went real mellow.
Shaz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 4:05am
I was boarding at Sunpeaks just standing at the side of a run talking on an empty slope and an old skier ran right into me a ski on either side of my board. I broke my finger and ripped the tendon from the bone. I've only just got it out of the cast. Now I have to try to bend it. It hurts more now than when I broke it. 
Redheaderr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Quote Redheaderr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 8:20am
I also screwed up my finger.  I was at the top of the hill turned my board to go downhill and just fell down.  Apparently you can still break a finger by falling while barely moving though.  Didn't really cut my season short but I figure it's so lame it's funny.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 9:11am
My tail bones is in deep pain from falling off a box snowboarding.
The box was high in the air with a four foot drop. Its hard to sit down sometimes.
sucks!
bucknasty View Drop Down
Local
Local
Rip.

Quote bucknasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 9:46am
First day of the season I landed on my ass onto ice, about a 5-foot drop off a jump. Landed on one ass cheek instead of square on the tailbone, and ended up with some soft tissue damage in my ass cheek and hip. Kept on riding and tore my MCL the same day.

That put me out a good 2 months or so, then I promptly sprained my ankle on my return to the slopes. Back to rehab...

Still not fully healed but good enough to get several good days of riding late in the season, but I feel like I'm just barely getting back into the groove I was in at the end of last season.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 10:38am
Originally posted by bucknasty

First day of the season I landed on my ass onto ice, about a 5-foot drop off a jump. Landed on one ass cheek instead of square on the tailbone, and ended up with some soft tissue damage in my ass cheek and hip. Kept on riding and tore my MCL the same day.

That put me out a good 2 months or so, then I promptly sprained my ankle on my return to the slopes. Back to rehab...

Still not fully healed but good enough to get several good days of riding late in the season, but I feel like I'm just barely getting back into the groove I was in at the end of last season.

Thats a rough day. You escaped the horrible tail bone injury, but hey, you cant escape them all.
I am happy my wrist is feeling great this year. I messed it up good couple years back. I think I fractured it, but I never got it checked out.
bucknasty View Drop Down
Local
Local
Rip.

Quote bucknasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by humblerooster

Thats a rough day. You escaped the horrible tail bone injury, but hey, you cant escape them all.
I am happy my wrist is feeling great this year. I messed it up good couple years back. I think I fractured it, but I never got it checked out.

I was lucky I didn't damage my tailbone but sitting down was torture for a good 3-4 weeks. I definitely feel your pain there. I also have a wrist issue that shows up every once in a while but at least it doesn't keep us from riding!
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by bucknasty

Originally posted by humblerooster

I was lucky I didn't damage my tailbone but sitting down was torture for a good 3-4 weeks. I definitely feel your pain there. I also have a wrist issue that shows up every once in a while but at least it doesn't keep us from riding!

DANG you should really be careful on the slopes man. Sucks that you accumulated some injures, but at least it didn't END your season.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
gsoccer04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gsoccer04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 6:44pm
Hyper extended my elbow playing indoor ultimate frisbee.. That put me in a sling for a good 3 weeks but still went boarding with it out of the sling once before i was released..

still here to talk about it so i guess it was worth it

Edit: i also bruised my knee cap one of the last good days of the year when i smashed my knee on a rock in the glades... didnt miss anything for it but she's still tender
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 7:07pm
Sprained my ankle really bad on a trampoline and it was messed up for a couple of months but I learned my lesson that Trampolines are dangerous but alot of fun :)
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 7:54pm
Concussion. don't really remember how I fell and it's probably a black hole in my memory bank visually, long story short I fell off a 180 ft box and i think turned my neck, 
according to my friend I was conscious the whole day but I just don't have any recollection.
yes I was wearing a helmet.
Long hair don't care!
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 8:27pm
Lame. I didn't even get injured snowboarding. I got injured wrestling )=
Torn Meniscus in my left knee.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2012 at 7:18am
i got lace bite first on my left foot, then my right.  caused by my ice hockey skates, and it caused some mild discomfort in my snowboarding boots. Now i have to wear little gel inserts to prevent it from getting worse.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2012 at 7:21am
Originally posted by getkong

i got lace bite first on my left foot, then my right.  caused by my ice hockey skates, and it caused some mild discomfort in my snowboarding boots. Now i have to wear little gel inserts to prevent it from getting worse.

I've had that before from my hockey skates, not very much fun.  I, too, got some gel inserts to put inside the tongues of my skates.  They work.

screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2012 at 12:17pm
The season's not over for me yet, but so far so good.  My shoulder still acts up once in awhile from a major crash a couple years ago, but I've only had butt plants lately and my impact shorts worked well even when I landed on the edge of a box.
Weymaro View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Weymaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 6:49am
I fell off a longboard last week and broke both of the bones in my left forearm
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 11:30am
Ahhh threw out my back again playing volleyball. May have to think about shutting it down to save myself for the playoffs in 3 weeks.
evo_1320 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Snowboarding

Quote evo_1320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 11:50am
No SNOW! Hope for a lot this next winter.
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 6:37pm
i've been having sciatica pain in my lower back for years now from herinated discs. is gotten a lot better but the one day i thought i won't need to wear my impact shorts, i fell on my tailbone... think i fractured it... it still effing hurts. went riding a week after that with my impact shorts... fell on my back and my tailbone hurted so much that i can barely ride... the pain of doing an ollie felt like a knife went through my back and shots down my left leg and upto my back of my head. effing sucks.    
hawkeyepnx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote hawkeyepnx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2012 at 6:59am
I ended my season on the 3rd day I went out. It was some very icy hard-pack that I came down on and from the height on my launch and my lack of experience, just was too much. It was like jumping from a 2 story roof while moving. I ended up with a level 3 shoulder separation on the left, swelling in the bicep and tricep, bruising throughout the pec muscle and shoulder and I had a similar injury to my hip. That has not been diagnosed because I originally thought it was just sore from the landing. I am having in examined soon. The shoulder is at 90%, I can workout again with limited restriction, except for heavy weight. The hip still bothers me a lot and would probably be at 70%. After 4.5 months its been a long road, lots of rehab and painkillers, and my collar bone looks a tad off permanently.
 Post Reply Post Reply