Tribute to Doug Fagel

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tribute to Doug Fagel
    Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 4:54pm
thrive is the new sierra haha
NedHead2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grandpa Morstoel

Quote NedHead2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 3:39pm
Been gone for a while, so, sorry to see ya go, take care, and good luck. Always helpful, and entertaining, and a positive force in the sport. Liking Thrive. But, except for a few ol' timers from the Sierra days, this site is...
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Bartleby Badger

y'all might wanna check out this link now Wink
http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/

Excellent, going to register this morning.  Looking forward to paging through the info on all of the new gear.

Edit:  Having an issue registering on the site.  Clicking the Register link just pulls up a blank panel (tried using Firefox, Chrome and IE, same result):

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 2:34am

Yep, already registered.

Awesome site. Very nice. Thumbs Up

Bartleby Badger View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 1:30am
Is badger, is not problem
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by ctoma

^ Amen brutha'.  I can't spread the word about Thrive throughout the state of MI without actually testing the gear first.  I'll cover MI, batmanwest will cover OH.  If needed I will venture into IL and WI so we can cover the Great Lakes region.  I would offer to take IN, too, but I don't know if they have any hills there...

I gots NY as well. Ride there more than OH anyways. Got them great lakes on lockdown! Really though, gotta look more into the boards yall offer. I need me a solid cambered board for this year.
None the less seeing people strive after their passion in life gets me stoked. Best of luck to all of you!
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 7:19am

^^ LOLClap I actually don't know, assuming it's been picked up now and on the way to photography, then warehouse.

On a related note, website should be up by the end of the week/beginning next week. Won't be 100% finished but about 85-90% and most the major stuff will be there.

My paws is getting excited Tongue

Cool, can't wait to check it out Badger!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 7:04am
I'm sure you already have CO covered. If not, pick me!
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 5:24am

^ Amen brutha'.  I can't spread the word about Thrive throughout the state of MI without actually testing the gear first.  I'll cover MI, batmanwest will cover OH.  If needed I will venture into IL and WI so we can cover the Great Lakes region.  I would offer to take IN, too, but I don't know if they have any hills there...

Good point well made, I like your style Wink
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 4:33am
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 4:31am
boards and apparel have been thoroughly tested Wink will hit you up once we launch website tho Smile
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 4:29am

^ Need any beta testers?  For the boards, apparel, web site?  I volunteer.

I will second this Wink. ctoma and I could be the ice-coast testers. Gotta know how them thrives handle on the sloppy chop LOL
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 4:24am
^ Need any beta testers?  For the boards, apparel, web site?  I volunteer.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 4:23am
^^ LOLClap I actually don't know, assuming it's been picked up now and on the way to photography, then warehouse.

On a related note, website should be up by the end of the week/beginning next week. Won't be 100% finished but about 85-90% and most the major stuff will be there.

My paws is getting excited Tongue
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 4:06am
^ Which dock and warehouse?  I'll have some members of the "family" stop by to check it out...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 3:26am
I heard rumors that a large shipping container arrived in Oakland yesterday FAO Thrive Snowboard. Wonder what it could be? Wink
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 11:44am
Originally posted by soxfan47104

Dougs new instructional videos with Thrive!!!

RE-POST
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 11:38am
Been checking out the updates to the Thrive test site – looking good, pretty certain we'll have a Beta site up during August Clap
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 7:06pm
The spammers are out in force tonight!
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 5:16pm
Doug's Leaving? No....no....
I will miss you Doug, you made this site what it is, and the giveaways will never be the same without you.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 3:59pm
You, my friend, are cruel...   </3

vicente View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 3:43pm
I could keep going if you want. perfect edge just sharpened, fresh full pro tune and race wax. playing off every natural feature I could find everything really it was a perfect demo of oh so sweet a board, rode the 154 which is one of the shortest boards I've ever ridden and actually liked.

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 3:06pm
You continue to suck with more details. <3
vicente View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 2:34pm
I thought our friendship was past anger over such petty things it was fun though nice heavy fresh snow. 
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 1:22pm
Yep, you suck now too vic.
vicente View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 8:15am
I got a chance to ride them and work on them, great well put together boards fun to ride I could see myself on on for sure, Doug did an awesome job. 
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 7:26am

everytime i see a kaiser billboard..i think about thrive snowboards...

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 3:31am
Just checking there's some of Vegas left standing Shaka or did you party flip the entire city? LOL

Badger has been designing Thrive beanies today. Hurrah for badger, hurrah for beanies!

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by )(nfinit)(

I am just glad you both survived last weekend.  

You better come to CO for a meatup shaka.

fixed.

And yeah, we survived.........barely.  I don't think my hangover fully went away until yesterday actually.
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2012 at 10:42am
I am just glad you both survived last weekend.  

You better come to CO for a meetup shaka.
x_X
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2012 at 9:32am
I hung out with Doug at Mt. Hood for a bit yesterday.  I'm SUPER stoked for their upcoming season.  Talking to him about the various technical aspects of the boards gave me a boner.
soxfan47104 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote soxfan47104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 8:53pm
Dougs new instructional videos with Thrive!!!
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 2:53pm
Hoping the timing of the website launch doesn't get delayed!!!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 7:59am
^ Veruca Salt:  But Daddy I want a Thrive hoodie now!

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 6:23am
^^
Nowhere yet unfortunately Cry However once the website is up they'll be on there Clap

Don't feel too bad, my set are lost somewhere over the Atlantic at the minute so even I don't have one. Poor badger Cry

We had a small batch produced initially to give out at Mt Hood at the summer camps Doug was at, so there's a few pics on the Facebook page of people wearing them.

Just doing the Logo tees and hoodies this run because I'm super busy over here and haven't got time to artwork the other designs we've got going on but we've got about 4-6 designs for tees we'll be releasing over the next few months.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 3:25am
^ Bring those boards to MI!!!!

Where can one order a t-shirt and hoody?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 12:50am

All this talk about the Thrive boards and people who have already ridden them... damn you, damn all of you!!!  (that's just my jealousy speaking out, no harm intended)

I think the prestigious luxurious resorts of SE Michigan need some demo action, hook us up!

ha ha you never know dude, I kinda like visiting new states being a foreigner that I am  Pretty sure there'll be some type of meet up in CO at some point so try and make it over there for the full Thrive experience Wink

Was chatting with Doug yesterday and we're putting in a second order for men's t-shirts today. Also getting our first order of men's hoodies and women specific t-shirts as well. Big smile
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by superorb

Are you also on SkiSE?

The one and the same...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 11:29am
doh..i was misguided by ippy's post on the board specs...a 154 Renegade sounds good Big smile
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 10:17am
Originally posted by lightning80

Looking forward to trying out one on the slopes!!! Only 1 size for each model? I think I would want to try a smaller Renagade...

That's just not true. 2 sizes for the Renegade 154cm and 157cm, 2 sixes for the Accomplice 152cm and 156cm and 1 size for the Relentless 158cm.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 9:40am
Originally posted by mommehK

Oh my heart is officially BROKEN!!!! I was hoping for an early-season drop on the femme boards -- Thrive will be in my arsenal! I don't care how newb I am I'm going to support y'all, when you let me. ;)

Planning a Tahoe trip (prob March) and Doug already made the mistake of saying he'll be around for me to harass & ride with. Would LOVE to meet as many peeps as possible!

(Bring the Thrive to the EC for some publicity KKTHX)

Are you also on SkiSE?
Snow Day Colorado

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 9:39am
Originally posted by ippollite

So whens the girl board getting dropped. Did you guys manage to produce one for this year or is it not coming until 2014. You realise the world ends soon, right, so really in the interests of gender equality and fairness, you really should have one out for this season. I know i moan about this a lot, but its one of the most legit points i think i have. Girls shred, they shred just as hard as guys and get 1/4 of the options. 

What about youth models?  Youth gets jipped way more than women when it comes to gears.  I should know, I suffer youth sizes.  Cry
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 9:29am
Oh my heart is officially BROKEN!!!! I was hoping for an early-season drop on the femme boards -- Thrive will be in my arsenal! I don't care how newb I am I'm going to support y'all, when you let me. ;)

Planning a Tahoe trip (prob March) and Doug already made the mistake of saying he'll be around for me to harass & ride with. Would LOVE to meet as many peeps as possible!

(Bring the Thrive to the EC for some publicity KKTHX)
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 8:33am
And I'm a tall beefcake so I'd like to try a longer board :)
Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 8:22am

Looking forward to trying out one on the slopes!!! Only 1 size for each model? I think I would want to try a smaller Renagade...

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 5:34am
All this talk about the Thrive boards and people who have already ridden them... damn you, damn all of you!!!  (that's just my jealousy speaking out, no harm intended)

I think the prestigious luxurious resorts of SE Michigan need some demo action, hook us up!
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 4:56am
nah ippy.  I haven't ridden them all.  I actually am just lucky enough to be able ride a demo board for awhile.  Doug took what he liked about the demo and improved on it for all of the boards.

The one thing I can say, once I rode the thrive board, I didn't touch my other boards again.  It was just exactly what I wanted in a board!  I know that won't be the case for everyone, I was just lucky enough it worked for me.
x_X
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 1:01am
Originally posted by chillwill

When the Website is up and running,  is it going to have a forum section?

Yes, there will be a set of forums as we develop a community online
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 12:41am
When the Website is up and running,  is it going to have a forum section?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 12:01am
Lightning80 - sorry but the only chance of keeping a demo board is to buy one Wink. We haven't got a lockdown on exactly what our demo plans are yet but keep an eye on the Facebook page, we'll be shredding around north lake Tahoe most of the season so hit us up. We also got the Squaw/Alpine passes so we aren't just restricted to the Epic resorts and we always show Sugarbowl some love Big smile

Ippy - totally agree on women's boards (we ride with several ladies who charge super hard!) and the plan was to release one with the 3 men's boards but being first year with so much one off projects to do (branding, website from scratch, research, factory visits, sourcing etc.) and starting the process midway between traditional design/manufacture timings was tough to get everything produced that we wanted. It was tough to have to put it on the back burner, same with a more comprehensive range of outerwear and several other projects. 

Ideally the women's board will be a mid season launch in this coming season, but depends on how busy the factory is when we have the budget to produce them. Doug has probably done about 90% of the engineering design for the boards and I have a pretty good idea of what the graphics need to be, but at the minute we're just cranking on getting stuff ready for launch so once that's in motion we'll be back on products Big smile

We're deliberately keep info on Facebook to a minimum so that there's more 'new' content on the site when it launches, so more reason to visit Wink

Please keep breathing oxygen or we won't be able to shred with ya LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>