1 Staff | 22 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 395,880 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: May/14/2012 at 9:35am

Off season workouts have begun, time to get a thread for the new season rolling!

Also, I've been gone awhile, madness that has happened since last posted:

Tebow help take our terrible team to the playoffs and beat my most hated team the Steelers in OT. - AWESOME!

Got WHOOPED by Pats my second most hated team - sad but expected.

PATS LOSE in SB - Big smile

Von Miller is as big a stud as I was hoping and gets Defensive Rookie of the Year- AWESOME!

Signed Manning - AWESOME....if he is Peyton of old, not old Peyton.

Traded Tebow, don't think we got the value we should have.

Broncos 2012 Draft, HUGE MEH!!!!!  I think they traded too far back, and reached for a backup QB in the second round, but with all drafts only time will tell.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 10:01am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Of course this is always awesome, but especially so when it's my Giants, doing it AGAIN!

Hoping history doesn't repeat itself though... fail to make any noise in the playoffs the following year, and not even make the playoffs for the next two.

Was pretty excited about the Giants draft though.  Was awesome seeing two Hokies get picked.  Still would have liked to see them draft an ILB or an O-lineman early, but year after year they decide it isn't necessary.  I've given Reese the benefit of the doubt though.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Sintexo

Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Of course this is always awesome, but especially so when it's my Giants, doing it AGAIN!

Hoping history doesn't repeat itself though... fail to make any noise in the playoffs the following year, and not even make the playoffs for the next two.

Was pretty excited about the Giants draft though.  Was awesome seeing two Hokies get picked.  Still would have liked to see them draft an ILB or an O-lineman early, but year after year they decide it isn't necessary.  I've given Reese the benefit of the doubt though.

I'm hoping NE suffers the SB loser curse and doesn't even see a whiff of the postseason.  Something that isn't too likely seeing as how they scored the EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE!!!  So annoying.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 10:18am
I know, it really is.

Playoff teams:
Giants, Broncos, Ravens - 1, 2, and 4.

Next closest isn't until the Saints at 11.

Then you got 49ers, Texans, Packers, Patriots - 26, 29, 31, 32.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 10:38pm
im not even sure how the saints are gonna pull themselves together for the upcoming year...
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 4:36am
Saints are in rough shape no doubt, but as long as they have Brees they will be competitive.  I don't think there is anyway they don't extend Brees contract.  If they don't, I think there will be a huge market for him next year, because he was one of the major opponents to Franchise tags in last years lockout.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 7:03am
San Fran peoples... am I really going to have to pay $100+ to go to the Lions-49ers game in September?  TIcketmaster is attempting to rape me.

Love,
MT

edit: found some $60-$100 tickets on nfl ticket exchange... score.
MOAR powderz plz!
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 7:06am
Originally posted by MTpow

San Fran peoples... am I really going to have to pay $100+ to go to the Lions-49ers game in September?  TIcketmaster is attempting to rape me.

Love,
MT

You can pay $200 and take me.

Ticket prices are going to be ridiculous this year, due to the success they had last season. Tickets sky rocketed toward the end of last year. I could've gone to the Browns game for like $12, but once they started winning, crept up into the $50 range for shit seats.

Bay Area fans are horrible bandwagoners. Giants tickets blew up once they won the World Series in 2010. You used to be able to get bleacher seats for around $10-15 bucks at the games, and last year, bleacher seats were $45 and every game was sold out.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Love,
MT

You can pay $200 and take me.

Ticket prices are going to be ridiculous this year, due to the success they had last season. Tickets sky rocketed toward the end of last year. I could've gone to the Browns game for like $12, but once they started winning, crept up into the $50 range for shit seats.

Bay Area fans are horrible bandwagoners. Giants tickets blew up once they won the World Series in 2010. You used to be able to get bleacher seats for around $10-15 bucks at the games, and last year, bleacher seats were $45 and every game was sold out.

if i had the spare change laying around i'd consider it but unfortunately that's prob not gonna happen... I scalped a ticket for a Giants game last year for $15.. pretty solid deal.. just went and sat wherever I wanted except the lady was hounding me out on McCovey Cove or whatever its called up above right field.  

I'll end up picking up a ticket in the upper reserved section in candlestick I'm guessing.. now I just need to convince my boss that I need to go down a day early.. hmm..
MOAR powderz plz!
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 7:18am
That'll be a real good game to go to live. I'm jealous.

I'm gonna try and score tickets from the parents to the NYG rematch on October 14th. 2 days after my 23rd birthday, so hopefully I can convince them to drop the money/help me out with buying two tickets for a friend and I.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 7:26am
I have a feeling Broncos tickets are going to be even harder to find with Manning this year.  Even at the start of last season following our 4-12 record, they were still hard to come by, and you were still paying about 2x face value for them. 

Denver people love their Broncos.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 7:39am

I'm gonna try and score tickets from the parents to the NYG rematch on October 14th. 2 days after my 23rd birthday, so hopefully I can convince them to drop the money/help me out with buying two tickets for a friend and I.

yah i'm pretty stoked hopefully it all comes together... my san fran trip will be the week before my birthday and i'll also be treated to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert while I'm there... not disappointed at all.  Will definitely be going to a Giants-Rockies game that week too.
MOAR powderz plz!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 7:40am

yah i'm pretty stoked hopefully it all comes together... my san fran trip will be the week before my birthday and i'll also be treated to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert while I'm there... not disappointed at all.  Will definitely be going to a Giants-Rockies game that week too.

Saw RHCP in Imola Italy during my backpacking trip through Europe.  They put on a great show.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 7:43am

Excellent trip.
I was debating on buying RHCP tickets as well, not sure if I will though.
AT&T Park is one of the nicest ball parks in the country, if you've never been.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 7:52am

Excellent trip.
I was debating on buying RHCP tickets as well, not sure if I will though.
AT&T Park is one of the nicest ball parks in the country, if you've never been.

such an awesome park.. ranks up there ahead of Safeco and slightly behind new Tiger stadium as far as places i've went... old metrodome was the worst by far.. and the Red's stadium is ok.. just something about it that i don't like.. might be the giant riverboat in centerfield..
MOAR powderz plz!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 8:13am

such an awesome park.. ranks up there ahead of Safeco and slightly behind new Tiger stadium as far as places i've went... old metrodome was the worst by far.. and the Red's stadium is ok.. just something about it that i don't like.. might be the giant riverboat in centerfield..

Damn, MT, when were you in Detroit to catch a game?  Lemme know the next time you're in town, I'll buy you a beer at Tiger Stadi... I mean Comerica Park (I hate corporate names on ballparks).

I'm taking the family to Wrigley next month for the Cubs-Tigers game.  We caught a game at Coors Field last month, that's a nice ballpark.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 8:22am

Truth. There's a lot of good, hardcore fans in the Bay, but once a local team starts winning the bandwagon overflows to the point of ridiculousness. The Niners were trendy from the moment they started winning last year and will be again this year for sure.

Also I second going to AT&T that's a great ballpark.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 8:35am
Petco Park is a real nice ballpark as well, right in the middle of the city.

The Coliseum is awful though, as is Dodger Stadium.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 10:15am
Originally posted by ctoma

Damn, MT, when were you in Detroit to catch a game?  Lemme know the next time you're in town, I'll buy you a beer at Tiger Stadi... I mean Comerica Park (I hate corporate names on ballparks).

I'm taking the family to Wrigley next month for the Cubs-Tigers game.  We caught a game at Coors Field last month, that's a nice ballpark.

Past couple years right around school start up i've had to head out there to assist... caught a friday night game and then the sunday afternoon game (from the comfort of a suite).. ended up meeting austin jackson outside of my hotel and had him sign a ball.  Top stadiums on my list to visit are Fenway and Wrigley.. someday!
MOAR powderz plz!
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 10:28am
ct - will be at Wrigley (hopefully) on 6/25 watching vs Mets...deJesus Bobblehead night!

Need to check the Panthers schedule to see what kind of games will be worth going to this year...
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 1:41pm
The Cowboys open the season at the NY Giants...I guess Dallas will start the season with a loss...
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2012 at 6:55am
People in Philly are getting sucked in again.  "If Vick doesn't turn the ball over..." "If the Defense holds up..."  I love the Eagles, but come on.  The Eagles were the butt of a million "Dream Team" jokes and one of our biggest rivals won the Super Bowl for the second time in five years.  
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Geez

People in Philly are getting sucked in again.  "If Vick doesn't turn the ball over..." "If the Defense holds up..."  I love the Eagles, but come on.  The Eagles were the butt of a million "Dream Team" jokes and one of our biggest rivals won the Super Bowl for the second time in five years.  

Hah, that's how every team is in the pre-season. There's Colts fans that are saying "If Luck become an All-Pro, we've totally got a chance of making the playoffs this year." It's all about hope, because once the games starts the soul-crushing defeats come. The difference is the Eagles have the players to actually make the playoffs so it's not as bad.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2012 at 11:23am
In case you didn't see it
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 4:57am

Thanks for the reminder.  I always forget to enjoy the Giants' Super Bowl victories in the offseason.  I would appreciate it if the Eagles organization continued underachieving.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 6:11am
Yay, Niners officially not gonna be on hard knocks. Focus on football. Love it.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 7:08am
That's a pretty sick Championship Ring.  I remember when I was around 10 my uncle had some buddies on the 49ers when they were awesome.  I remember putting on one of their superbowl rings and it felt like a planet on my finger, they are HUGE!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 5:29pm
Faceplant: I recognize the achievement, but gotdamn don't rub it in.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 6:48pm
drew brees sounds pretty fed up with saints management-man im glad im not a saints fan-complete disaster
sleezyslee View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 7:10pm
who isn't fed up with all the bullshit that has happened with the saints
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 10:37pm
well, it's mostly that they were caught...i wouldn't be surprised if other teams did this but it still stinks up the game...
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 5:18am
Originally posted by timpiper

drew brees sounds pretty fed up with saints management-man im glad im not a saints fan-complete disaster
Brees just wants them to pay him, and he is using everything else as bargaining chips.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 8:38am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Originally posted by timpiper

Brees just wants them to pay him, and he is using everything else as bargaining chips.

I doubt Brees is just holding out for money, though I'm sure he wants a long term deal. He's always been about the team and he's just not pleased with how they franchised him instead of another guy and didn't negotiate a long term deal with him after he brought them back from obscurity.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 8:57am
You would think they would do what was in their power to keep their franchise QB happy, a Super Bowl champion who is still performing at a high level and is loved in the community.  It will get done, but it just makes no sense.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 12:47pm
they need to just throw money at brees..he's a proven leader and winner..lighting the defense up on a weekly basis. with all the chaos and bad press the saints have been having, they need to just wrap up the deal and have something positive for a change.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 4:21pm
Saw footage of niner training camp. Randy Moss was running routes and who was in the background? Kyle Williams. Lol awesome!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2012 at 6:18am
Clayton was saying that the McCoy deal may help the Forte because he is currently at $7.7 mil and looking to make up over $9.  The McCoy deal seems to show that the going rate franchise RB is around 9 .  However, for some reason it is is a snag for Ray Rice.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2012 at 8:08am
As training camps beging accross the NFL, Andrew Luck is still in college for a couple more weeks. Not sure how the veterans on the team feel about that...
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2012 at 9:45am
Originally posted by lightning80

As training camps beging accross the NFL, Andrew Luck is still in college for a couple more weeks. Not sure how the veterans on the team feel about that...

I'm sure nobody is pleased that their rookie savior QB is missing off-season practices. Peyton Manning had a quote about adjusting to his new system and receivers in Denver that connections are made in the off-season. Luck's missing out on some of that, which isn't good.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2012 at 3:22pm
So, when the NFL players want to appeal a suspension or penalty, they have to appeal to Roger Goodell, the guy who suspended/fined them.  When the Cowboys and Redskins want to appeal a penalty, they get an arbitrator (still upheld the punishment, but you get my point).  Who negotiated this collective bargaining agreement?
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 6:21am
Niners sign punter andy lee till 2018. Niiice. HE's been key in flipping field position.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 7:39am
NFLPA suing the NFL for the salary cap penalties on the Redskins and Cowboys. I don't see how the NFL can penalize teams for exceeding the salary cap when there was no salary cap. How can the teams violate the "spirit" of the salary cap when there wasn't one. There was no new CBA. So, there's no way to know that there would be a salary cap in the future and what $ amount it would be. I think what the Redskins and Cowboys did was very smart and shouldn't be a violation of anything since there wasn't anything to violate.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 8:04pm
I doubt the players will win their suit for saying that there was collusion.  But on the face of it: there is no salary cap, but there is unspoken agreement among owners not to spend, and then penalize those that do, without writing it into the CBA, thus cutting players out of money.  That looks a lot like collusion.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2012 at 5:13am

How dare he finish college.  That's just selfish.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2012 at 1:47pm
I guess it's rare for players to actually finish college before joining the team for organized practices, since a lot of them are leaving before their senior years. Not everyone can get in Stanford and graduate. Props to Luck for wanting to finish. But, he better work his tail off once he get to Indy..or all the vets are going to let him know how they feel real fast.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2012 at 10:22am

NFLPA suing the NFL for the salary cap penalties on the Redskins and Cowboys. I don't see how the NFL can penalize teams for exceeding the salary cap when there was no salary cap. How can the teams violate the "spirit" of the salary cap when there wasn't one. There was no new CBA. So, there's no way to know that there would be a salary cap in the future and what $ amount it would be. I think what the Redskins and Cowboys did was very smart and shouldn't be a violation of anything since there wasn't anything to violate.

Not like spending more money really helped those teams anyway lol.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2012 at 5:20am
Looks like Nick Fairley wins the Pacman Jones Memorial Award for Most Offseason Arrests.  Do somebody have him in their office pool?
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2012 at 6:42am

Looks like Nick Fairley wins the Pacman Jones Memorial Award for Most Offseason Arrests.  Do somebody have him in their office pool?

its was only a matter before it happened. I thought it ws gonnabe someone from the bengals
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2012 at 10:11am

What a great start to his career after missing most of last season with injuries. He better get his shit together before he gets bounced from the NFL.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2012 at 11:23am
Originally posted by broys

What a great start to his career after missing most of last season with injuries. He better get his shit together before he gets bounced from the NFL.

He was always an immature fvck up, even before the Lions drafted him. 
Why do you think he fell to #13 when he was regarded as a top 5 draft pick.

The Lions are the new Bengals of the NFL. It doesn't surprise me considering their coach is a total ignoramus. Shit always flows from top to bottom...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 43>