0 Staff | 14 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 386,511 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1415161718 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 4:37am
So, we have normal refs back, but how furious are GB fans going to be if they miss the playoffs by a single game???

Sad that one team had to get screwed like that to get the NFL to pull their heads out of the as$es
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 5:07am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

So, we have normal refs back, but how furious are GB fans going to be if they miss the playoffs by a single game???

Sad that one team had to get screwed like that to get the NFL to pull their heads out of the as$es

LOL. So would it be as bad if it happened to a non playoff team?
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 5:59am
Originally posted by solocreep

LOL. So would it be as bad if it happened to a non playoff team?
Haha no, I would have said that about any team that got hosed by those footlocker associates.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 6:11am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Anyone Ravens or Browns fans?

I'd love to the Browns stick it to the ravens tonight

Not sure what dream world you're living in.. but that's just not gonna happen! With the exception to their rookie kicker, that team is solid. Fortunately they shouldn't have to rely on the kicker to make a GW field goal tonight.

Players are taught in peewee football to knock that shit down. While the call may have been bad, it was the player's ultimate responsibility to make sure that ball did not get caught. So if the Pack misses the playoffs by a game, you can't put all the blame on the refs. FUNDAMENTALS!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 6:58am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Anyone Ravens or Browns fans?

I'd love to the Browns stick it to the ravens tonight

Not sure what dream world you're living in.. but that's just not gonna happen! With the exception to their rookie kicker, that team is solid. Fortunately they shouldn't have to rely on the kicker to make a GW field goal tonight.

Players are taught in peewee football to knock that shit down. While the call may have been bad, it was the player's ultimate responsibility to make sure that ball did not get caught. So if the Pack misses the playoffs by a game, you can't put all the blame on the refs. FUNDAMENTALS!
You obviously didn't see the Titans Lions game this weekend where those fundamentals batted the ball right into the hands of the offense and they scored a TD Big smile
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:09am
^^^ unfortunately the Browns are 12-point road dogs, and we're getting prepared to take a beating.  But I still have my cribbs jersey on in the office today.  Go Browns!

-b
get bent
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:21am

You obviously didn't see the Titans Lions game this weekend where those fundamentals batted the ball right into the hands of the offense and they scored a TD Big smile

No no. We've all seen those instances where that happens. But that's the exception rather than the rule! A lot harder to catch a ball being swatted to the turf than it is to grab one in the air (or, in this case, in someone else's possession lol).

Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

^^^ unfortunately the Browns are 12-point road dogs, and we're getting prepared to take a beating.  But I still have my cribbs jersey on in the office today.

I hear ya there. Though it's college ball, the cougs play oregon this weekend.. I had to return the jersey i ordered cuz it was too big, so i won't even have it around to wear.. Teey're taking a beating either way, but I still wanna show support! Guess it'll have to wait til next week!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:43am
Good to hear that order will be restored in week 4. Who knows what else could've happened had they not come to an agreement. I don't fully blame the refs on the packers loss but they def do deserve some of the blame. But what's done is done.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:54am
Cleveland has to rely on Trent Richardson all night to get anything going and the Ravens know that. And the Ravens happen to have a pretty good run D. Tonight's game is going to be ugly for the Browns.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 8:25am
^^^ Yeah Buffalo completely stacked the box against us and T.Rich was unable to get anything going.  When we tried to go over the top, Weeds wasn't able to hit the deep ball even though we had a couple good changes.  Only hope is to open up the run/west coast short passing game with the vertical pass tonight, but egghhh . . . prolly not likely from what I've seen so far.

-b 
get bent
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 8:47am

^^^ Yeah Buffalo completely stacked the box against us and T.Rich was unable to get anything going.  When we tried to go over the top, Weeds wasn't able to hit the deep ball even though we had a couple good changes.  Only hope is to open up the run/west coast short passing game with the vertical pass tonight, but egghhh . . . prolly not likely from what I've seen so far.

-b 
Doesnt help that Cle #1 WR is out for the game either.
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 9:09am
Im pretty sure the threat of teams not showing up and or walking off from the game was enough to make this finally happen. Well lets just pretend the season started now
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 9:35am
Cleveland will be out of it before the 1st half is over. The Brown's just don't have the talent to keep up with Baltimore. Flacco is actually looking pretty good so far this season.
ABrad25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Play hard or look good

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 9:36am
Thats why some people say that the ravens have a shot at winning it this year. There looking real good 
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 11:56am
As long as Torrey Smith puts up another game like he did on Sunday night, I don't care who wins.

I need my fantasy points!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 12:10pm
They definitely look solid. But hell if i won't say that Atlantas defense isn't fierce. That is one fun team to watch. I like baltimore too, anything to take the NE attention off the Jets/Pats. The seachickens can only win by fluke, so I'll be waiting a while before I'll see them in the playoffs again lol
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Von44

Good to hear that order will be restored in week 4. Who knows what else could've happened had they not come to an agreement. I don't fully blame the refs on the packers loss but they def do deserve some of the blame. But what's done is done.

nah man, that was SUPPOSED to be a clutch play where the throw was botched...the ref should take 100% of the blame (ESPECIALLY the review booth). the vikings played a good game that day but not THAT good...
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 1:27pm
Well the lingerie league refs can go back to their league now.....oh wait, they were fired from that league.  So glad the normal shitty refs are back, I never thought I'd be glad to have those clowns back in charge.
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 4:47pm
^^^^^ They were all basically High School refs. How embarrassing... You know if they would have just rocked it they would have been only half remebered as the guys that helped out. Now they will be legendary in the NFL for the next 100 yrs
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 6:46pm
Another great finish, the Browns hung in there with their dropped passes woes continuing. Once again a QB puts up big numbers against the Ravens defense. I think they're still an AFC power but have transitioned to relying more heavily on the offense in the absence of Sugss.
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 3:45am
Originally posted by twolf123

Originally posted by Von44

nah man, that was SUPPOSED to be a clutch play where the throw was botched...the ref should take 100% of the blame (ESPECIALLY the review booth). the vikings played a good game that day but not THAT good...
The Vikings did play a pretty good game that day, it just wasn't against the Packers.  I think the team you're looking for is the Seahawks.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 6:50am

Another great finish, the Browns hung in there with their dropped passes woes continuing. Once again a QB puts up big numbers against the Ravens defense. I think they're still an AFC power but have transitioned to relying more heavily on the offense in the absence of Sugss.

That was a heck of a lot better game than I anticipated! I was at a hockey game, but kept running out to the bar to check the score. Even able to take a couple shots into the end zone at the finish.. good TV :).
The Ravens defense (especially the ends/outside LBs) has really taken a drop in performance recently. But any time ya got Ray Lewis staring you down.. it's gotta make ya feel a bit queasy lol.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 7:11am
I wish THIS DUDE would start catching the football.  Anyway, not completely disappointed with CLE's performance last night, if they continue their growth we might win two or three games this season

-b
get bent
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:54am
Glad we're talking about the game itself, and not how the refs did.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Seriously.  Thank God the refs are back!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by robnezz23

Originally posted by lightning80

Seriously.  Thank God the refs are back!

Now its about complaining about players and coaches.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:09pm
the only downside is that ed hochuli's back
http://www.scoresreport.com/tag/ed-hochuli-blown-call/
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:28pm
There are bad calls or even blown calls..then there are calls that are not according to the rules because the refs don't even know the rules. I'd take the refs that actually know the rules that just happen to miss something.
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by sdwc96

The game clock on the TV broadcast is not official, but it did look like the Ravens got away with one. Still, the Titans blew the game with their three turnovers, 12 penalties and inability to find the end zone without Chris Johnson. One play/call doesn’t make or break a game for a team.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:52pm
Greg Little usually makes those acrobatic catches....and then drops the easy ones
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by sdwc96

The game clock on the TV broadcast is not official, but it did look like the Ravens got away with one. Still, the Titans blew the game with their three turnovers, 12 penalties and inability to find the end zone without Chris Johnson. One play/call doesn’t make or break a game for a team.
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:58pm

I wish THIS DUDE would start catching the football.  Anyway, not completely disappointed with CLE's performance last night, if they continue their growth we might win two or three games this season

-b

The Browns played a decent game. I'm a bit disappointed the Ravens didn't put the game away earlier but there were some missed calls (PI, illegal contact), some stupid penalties (Holding on Oher, Unsportsmanlike conduct-Kruger), and blown plays (Flacco INT in the endzone).
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 11:45pm
I need to force myself to sleep.  Niners v. Tebow comes on at 10a and I made the mistake of telling a friend I'd go to a sports bar, which means I need to get there early to stake out a spot.  I don't care about last week's pathetic game anymore, but they better win today or I'm gonna start worrying!
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 12:05am
Will be great to watch Atlanta and Carolina go at it, hopefully Cam can have a decent game and the offenses light it up
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 8:53am
Tebow's 1st pass as a Jet gets his TE injured.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 11:02am

Tebow's 1st pass as a Jet gets his TE injured.

i've always wanted to see a game of tebow and the 49ers...turns out it was probably going to be no different, what a HELL of a shutout!
we totally made up for last week in SPADES and i hope this keeps our determination going!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 11:59am
The jets offense is soooo bad. I think its time for ny to draft another qb and start anew-the sanchez era is getting worse as time goes on
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 1:43pm
49ers killed it!  That game was over long ago.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 1:56pm
i was hoping the raiders would come through...they just got destroyed during that 2nd half...

on a BETTER NOTE

im not sure what to make of this...this is supposed to be an away game, right? hahahaha
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 5:25pm
Saints with no wins yet? Their post season hopes are almost over.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 5:41pm

...almost over, ummmmm. It's Over! Only one team in the modern era has ever made the playoffs after a 0-4 start. Not to mention that the Falcons are running away with that division. ...but a very insightful post none the less. Confused
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 6:45pm
Noooo! Spread on my Parlay card was +2 Giants. All ties lose. Two tries for the giants to win but they choked. So close to $100.   
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 8:05pm
the packers/saints shootout was fun to watch..neither team was playing defense.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 11:34pm

with the interim INTERIM coach at the helm...they technically won't have a season until next season. i feel bad for brees, he seems like a good guy for the most part...
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 3:12am

Noooo! Spread on my Parlay card was +2 Giants. All ties lose. Two tries for the giants to win but they choked. So close to $100.   
Fairly long kick that Tynes missed at the end, but I was pretty surprised that it didn't get there.  I wouldn't have been surprised at all if he had completely shanked it or pulled it left (like he did when the Eagles called a TO) but I was shocked when it came up short.  From the angle on TV I just assumed it was good.  That sucked.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 6:17am
Regular refs had some iffy calls/non-calls this weekend. But overall, well done.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 6:24am
I would love nothing more than to see Chicago get stomped tonight!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 6:33am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Fairly long kick that Tynes missed at the end, but I was pretty surprised that it didn't get there.  I wouldn't have been surprised at all if he had completely shanked it or pulled it left (like he did when the Eagles called a TO) but I was shocked when it came up short.  From the angle on TV I just assumed it was good.  That sucked.

I was in the kitchen finishing dinner when this game was wrapping up, but I had been in the living room when the Gaint's got the ball back. Saw them march up field, then retrned to the kitchen and listened to the sportscasters.. the audio came, "its up.... and it's short!" and im like "Did I just hear that?!".. Checked the final score and sure enough I did. Nevertheless, I picked Philly to win, so i wasn't all too displeased :). Wound up 12-2 with tonight's game coming for my nflPicks league. I've got the Cowboys tonight, but so do the other 2 people I'm tied with. Might make a change, just for the chance to outright win the week.
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 12:05pm
The only bad thing about Kaeppernick playing well is that the minute Alex Smith has a bad stretch all the impatient Niners fans are going to be calling for a change.  Better problem to have 2 good QB's than 0 tho.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

The only bad thing about Kaeppernick playing well is that the minute Alex Smith has a bad stretch all the impatient Niners fans are going to be calling for a change.  Better problem to have 2 good QB's than 0 tho.

i think CK will be freaking AMAZING in 2-3 years. he doesn't quite have a throwing arm but HE HAS FREAKING JETS...
and i'll stress this again, he doesn't have a throwing arm, lol. on that note, i'll take alex smith on a bad day (as long as it's not his old school days) over CK any day since he's a little more predictable and can't quite read an opponents defense as well as alex.

teams have to plan for, not 1 but, TWO QBs!

i kinda feel bad for the jets though...good on them for making use of BOTH tebow and sanchez...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 43>