0 Staff | 10 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 393,541 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1617181920 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 10:01am
You gotta cut the Chiefs fans a break. They've been through a lot.

Can you imagine being a KC fan? You'd be angry too.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Cooperla

I disagree.  A player was on the ground injured and they start cheering?  Asinine behavior.  A human being's health is much more important than a game, at least outside of KC.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 10:48am

Key word "fan". They are not invovled in the game in any way, shape, or form. Of course I'd be angry, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed and people cannot seem to grasp that concept. 

That is a human being on the ground, who is clearly hurt and people are cheering? Absolutely ridiculous. Kansas City fans should be ashamed.

Kudos to Eric Winston for blasting them.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

The Giants secondary is in shambles right now, and their pass rush is almost non-existant. If Nicks is still out, I don't think the Giants can even hope to win the game.

The Niner D can match up well with the Giants offense (as we were able to see 2x last year) and with the development of the 49er passing game, especially the deeper patterns that were on display yesterday, I'm not sure if the Giants will be able to keep up.

Niners 24
Giants 14

I'll be at the game too. Niner Nation!

envious of you...lol

eli is a genius so its hard for me to say this game is a given even if we have a MUCH stronger defense, it's the offense that's a little inconsistent...we took on two "sure thing" teams just now so there's nothing to really prove...wiping the floor with them? that's EXPECTED (because the odds said so, lol) but we're talking about eli manning here. we can stop him but he COULD still make the big plays too...and he's done that before against us

anywho, we're definitely gearing up for some pay back against this team...

i can not WAIT to see some more CK and akers on the field...yes, that's right, i just remembered we had THREE QUARTER BACKS.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 11:41am
Yeah, that's some frickin BS. Cheer for a good (clean), hard hit (though, for the life of me i cant imagine why a fan would cheer for their own team members being hit)... Cheer for a guy ONCE HE GETS UP (opponent or otherwise), but don't cheer while he's down for the count.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 3:04pm

solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 6:54pm
Looks like the Patriots are gonna walk away with that division.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:33pm
Pats should walk away with it, I think Miamia could make it to 8-8 at best.

Glad to see the Saints finally chalk a win with a great comeback on Brees' record day
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 10:21pm
i don't think there was a doubt in anyone's mind that they weren't...tom brady's a genius, it's the rest of his team that sucks...

it just so happens that every other team in the division sucks harder...seriously, the jets, dolphins, bills...we just saw the niners wipe the FLOOR with 2 of them and no one really has expectations for miami, lol.

on another note...atlanta is looking PRETTY hot right now...
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 10:49pm
Atlanta are looking great, before this week I would have also said the Texans but they were efficient without being spectacular against the Jets and take away 1-2 plays the result could have been much different
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 3:20am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Atlanta are looking great, before this week I would have also said the Texans but they were efficient without being spectacular against the Jets and take away 1-2 plays the result could have been much different
You're right.  Take away a couple of plays and Houston would have won by more.  The Jets scored on a 100-yard kickoff return.  I thought the Texans looked pretty solid last night.  They didn't win in a blowout, but even when it got close, it never really seemed like the Jets had a chance.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 3:36am
^ J.J. Watt is a beast.  The dude is 6' 5½" tall, weighs 290, runs the 3-cone faster than Clay Matthews (who weights 40-50 pounds less), has a 37" vertical leap... beast.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 4:06am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ J.J. Watt is a beast.  The dude is 6' 5½" tall, weighs 290, runs the 3-cone faster than Clay Matthews (who weights 40-50 pounds less), has a 37" vertical leap... beast.
Oh, I didn't hear anything about him last night.  Except for the 200 times that the commentators gushed over him.  He does appear to be a freak, though.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 5:17am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Oh, I didn't hear anything about him last night.  Except for the 200 times that the commentators gushed over him.  He does appear to be a freak, though.

Rex Ryan was gushing over him after the game as well. J.J. Watt is the new man crush of the NFL, sorry Clay Matthews.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 5:44am

You're right.  Take away a couple of plays and Houston would have won by more.  The Jets scored on a 100-yard kickoff return.  I thought the Texans looked pretty solid last night.  They didn't win in a blowout, but even when it got close, it never really seemed like the Jets had a chance.

Totally. I watched the game and really never thought that Houston gave NYJ a chance to really feel like they could pull off the win. Nevertheless, that was the first proof anyone had that this year's squad could hold in a close game, and they did that in spades. I Had never heard the name JJ Watt before, but I'm certainly gonna pay more attention to him now.. That dude was EVERYWHERE! Two plays where he got around the corner on the right end and smothered Sanchez; it was a beautiful thing!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Key word "fan". They are not invovled in the game in any way, shape, or form. Of course I'd be angry, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed and people cannot seem to grasp that concept. 

That is a human being on the ground, who is clearly hurt and people are cheering? Absolutely ridiculous. Kansas City fans should be ashamed.

Kudos to Eric Winston for blasting them.

I agree. You can cheer for big hits, but it's something totally different when you cheer for injuries. That's a person with a family and friends playing football. When a player goes down, especially from a hit to the head, you're talking about a person's livelyhood, or even their life. Cheering when someone gets hurt is just wrong.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 9:54am

ATL has a cake schedule. They haven't played anyone tough so far. The Broncos are the only team with a decent D that they've played and Peyton almost made one of his signature comebacks.
Every other team they've played is not good, they almost lost to a terrible Carolina team, at home.

They will cruise through their season, win the NFC South, and then have another quick exit from the playoffs once they face a decent team with a good defense.
Boardingon22s View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 11:25am
Who thinks its time for Tebow time? Jets need help.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Boardingon22s

You must be a Patriots fan. LOL  Timmy is a joke.  The Jets have all sorts of problems, and I don't think he's going to magically fix things. 
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 12:13pm
Unless Tebow can play WR, RB, OL, and DB all at once, I don't know if he can really help. The Jets suck in so many ways, not just an ineffective QB
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

Originally posted by Boardingon22s

You must be a Patriots fan. LOL  Timmy is a joke.  The Jets have all sorts of problems, and I don't think he's going to magically fix things. 

Correct! I won't argue that he's a good QB.. he's not.. but his first pass of the game WAS actually on target, i think he just caught the WR off guard lol. Then he was taken out for  two quarters. No player can be expected to get into any kind of rhythm when they're off the field for half the game.. especially a "QB".
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 4:23am
No one looking forward to Niners/Giants more than Kyle Williams. That boys out for redemption.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 4:41am
Originally posted by letourneau41

Rex Ryan was gushing over him after the game as well. J.J. Watt is the new man crush of the NFL, sorry Clay Matthews.
I guess we'll just have to be content seeing Clay Matthews in literally every commercial since he isn't getting gushed on during pregame anymore.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:08am
Originally posted by solocreep

No one looking forward to Niners/Giants more than Kyle Williams. That boys out for redemption.

what if he has to return a punt in the 4th quarter again...Dead
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:33am

I guess we'll just have to be content seeing Clay Matthews in literally every commercial since he isn't getting gushed on during pregame anymore.

Is this a "Discount Double-check" reference? lol
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:44am
^^ I liked the Discount Double Check ads.  But the Verizon ad that has the geek Saints fan turning into a stud because he watches games on his phone... then p'o's mathews in the airport?  how stupid is that?  mathews is all "teddy bear" in other ads, you can't go to badass in the next.  Doesn't work that way.

Let's talk about a real football player ad:  "De-CALF!! De-CALF!!"  "Aaaand it's FULL!"  those were masterful.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
gwaki View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:45am

Unless Tebow can play WR, RB, OL, and DB all at once, I don't know if he can really help. The Jets suck in so many ways, not just an ineffective QB

You never know.  All it takes is one leader to step up and boom you can win.  Look at the turnaround last year of the broncos.  That being said I don't believe he can do it.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:58am
Originally posted by gwaki

You never know.  All it takes is one leader to step up and boom you can win.  Look at the turnaround last year of the broncos.  That being said I don't believe he can do it.

The Broncos turn around last year had as much to do with their defense as it did with Tim Tebow. You can't only score 17 points a game and win that game without a good D.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 8:40am
I'm ready for it, put Tebow in.

If it works, great. If it doesnt, maybe all those people who spend all day polishing his nuts will finally shut up.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 8:55am

If it works, great. If it doesnt, maybe all those people who spend all day polishing his nuts will finally shut up.
Honestly, I don't think it will/would shut them up.  There will be something to blame.  He gets the credit, but none of the blame.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 10:17am

Honestly, I don't think it will/would shut them up.  There will be something to blame.  He gets the credit, but none of the blame.

No shi+. The media will never relent on Tebow news, until he's 6' under. When he's on a winning team, it's TEBOW TIME!.. when they, it's back to criticizing his arm/other performance issues. Notice how the Jets are REALLY struggling, but Tebow is conversely the main focus of the media/team, while still being the least of their issues. But I don't like the Jets anyway, so suck-on, Giants wannabes!
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 12:02pm
The game plan and D won them so many games last year, running so much chewed the clock then they had the ball and their D played great. Tebow did make plays when it counted though there is no denying that
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 9:54pm
I haven't been giving my Niners enough attention whatwith baseball in the bay going berserk, but I love that Alex has a better QB rating than Manning right now, especially since I had to listen to lots of haters over the years.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 10:29pm
Not sure which Manning youre referring to, but I'd gladly trade Smith for either one. That said,  I still think we can pull off the win come sunday.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 10:49pm
Smith is doing everything that's asked of him, in that system either Manning would only be asked to do the same things so at this stage I'd stick with stability
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 11:58pm
smith is  coming into his own right now...but atm, yes

in the future...if we win...what then? honestly, i think he's pretty freaking competent
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 3:06am

Smith is doing everything that's asked of him, in that system either Manning would only be asked to do the same things so at this stage I'd stick with stability
The good news is that the Giants wouldn't consider trading Eli Manning for Alex Smith ever, so you guys don't have to worry about it.  But I guarantee if for some reason that trade was offered, SF would unload Alex Smith no questions asked.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 4:09am

The good news is that the Giants wouldn't consider trading Eli Manning for Alex Smith ever, so you guys don't have to worry about it.  But I guarantee if for some reason that trade was offered, SF would unload Alex Smith no questions asked.

There isn't a GM or coach in the NFL who wouldn't trade Smith for Manning. Eli is clearly the better QB. If Manning was on the 49ers you would see a lot more down field throws.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 6:50am

The game plan and D won them so many games last year, running so much chewed the clock then they had the ball and their D played great. Tebow did make plays when it counted though there is no denying that

No joke. the 2011/2012 NFL thread is plagued with 4th quarter recaps of the Broncos last year lol

Tonight's game is gonna be garbage. I have Pitt picked to win it, but not for any reason other than 1) if they win, i've got a correct pick, and 2) I hate em so I'm happy when they lose. Not sure whether Locker is still benched with the shoulder issues, but if Hasselbeck can pull it off then that makes me even happier! GO TITANS!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 6:50am
I watched that first 49ers game on Sunday night football a few weeks back, and what I saw wasn't an Alex Smith fest per se, but a really well rounded football.  I think Harbaugh has created a heck of a team of rag-tags, and they just don't care!  Stout D, bruising run O, effecient pass O. 
At least that game, they were a lot of fun to watch.  Any other year (Cardnals? Really? Seachickens doing decent? Fisher with the Rams too!) they walk away with the division, right into the NFC Champ game says I.

/not a 49ers fan, but a fan of good football.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:03pm
Whoa, Titans knock off the Steelers. Nobody saw that coming.
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:31pm

Why not? Steelers haven't been that great at all this season, and Titans have been better than their 1-4 record. I couldn't believe the spread was steelers -6, if I bet on games I woulda jumped all over titans +6

I'm not saying Titans were a lock to win by any means, but the Steelers definitely weren't a lock either. Especially when they've already lost to the Raiders.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 12:31am

I watched that first 49ers game on Sunday night football a few weeks back, and what I saw wasn't an Alex Smith fest per se, but a really well rounded football.  I think Harbaugh has created a heck of a team of rag-tags, and they just don't care!  Stout D, bruising run O, effecient pass O. 
At least that game, they were a lot of fun to watch.  Any other year (Cardnals? Really? Seachickens doing decent? Fisher with the Rams too!) they walk away with the division, right into the NFC Champ game says I.

/not a 49ers fan, but a fan of good football.

hard to say it's COMPLETELY harbaugh's doing, could very well be the OC and DC's...on that note, their contract expires this year!
our DC probably isn't going anywhere, or so rumors say but our OC...i can't say, i heard word that he might become a head coach for a college football team

but that's mostly based on rumor...hopefully the work is harbaugh's doing
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 2:05am

It's not that big of a shocker that the Steelers didn't win. Like Rasta said, they just haven't played well this year and when you lose to the Raiders, you know somethings wrong. But really, that game could've gone either way.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 2:34am
It wasn't that big of a shocker because it was a road game, but the titans definitely have not been better than their 1-4 record. They've set an NFL record for points against in the first 5
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 3:17am

Yeah, apparently Shaun Suisham's range is exactly 52 yards and no more.  Same as Lawrence Tynes.  I heard some guys on ESPN this morning saying Tomlin should have punted instead of giving his kicker a shot to win the game.  That's easy to say in hindsight, but seriously if your kicker put one through from 52 yards earlier in the game, why wouldn't you take a shot from 54 to try to win it in regulation?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 7:16am

i don't think any game results shock me in the nfl...like they say, any given sunday...in this case..thursday LOL
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 8:01am
Originally posted by lightning80

i don't think any game results shock me in the nfl...like they say, any given sunday...in this case..thursday LOL

Really? Vikings over the Niners, Colts over the Packers, Cardinals over the Patriots, etc. Not shocking???
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 8:19am
things are shocking if they only happen rarely..you were readily able to name those games just like that..means they happen all the time...so, it's not shocking.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 8:34am
I'm not shocked at any of those games.  Mildly surprised?  Sure.  Shocked?  Nope.  Dumbfounded?  Nah.  Flabbergasted?  Absolutely not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 43>