0 Staff | 7 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 392,086 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2930313233 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Dec/31/2012 at 7:12am
Peyton also did all that with a new team, however he did have some help playing in a trouble division. AP had a monster year, I thought for a moment they were going to give him the ball one more time to try and get the record. 
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2012 at 7:39am
I think if AP got the record the MVP would be his, but with Denver winning the #1 seed I think Peyton locked it up. 

Crazy Lovie Smith got fired, can't say I seen that one coming.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2012 at 7:52am
Adios Lovie!!! Lots of teams cleaning house on NFL Black Monday! Amazing Rex Ryan still has his job with the Jets.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by diviesti

Originally posted by Commissar

Packers Vikings, this game delivers! Go PACK

It delivered so much you get to watch it one more time! 

Lol nice one. It will undoubtedly be another good matchup. I don't really have a favorite, though. Takes some excitement out of the match for me.

In reading post game reports yesterday, I learned both Russel Wilson and RGIII broke Rapesaburger's rookie QB rating record (RGIII's was higher, so he now holds the record)... anything to take big Bendover out of the record books is a positive for me!

I can't say I'm too surprised Smith was fired. Starting 7-1 and then missing the playoffs is a notable collapse. Given they had a few injuries here and there, and the first 8 games  were defintely the easier half of their schedule, but someone's gotta be to blame. I doubt Lovie will have a problem finding a coaching position elsewhere. That man knows defense.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2012 at 8:54am
finally the chargers got rid of aj smith and norv turner. im surprised to hear that theyre not going with andy reid.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2012 at 10:11am
Am I reading the headlines right? Lovie Smith got fired? Daaang. Cuz the GM can't put together a decent I line. Oh well. He'll find work.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2012 at 2:00pm
I just cannot believe how great the Broncos did this year.  But people in my office keep saying "they haven't beat anyone good."  Is that true?  I don't think so.  They've won 11 straight!!!  I can't wait to watch the next win.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2013 at 4:48am
They're in a weak division. But they did beat the ravens and I think the bengals.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2013 at 11:15am
Niners gonna try out some kickers. Good for them. Akers missed too many FGs.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2013 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by solocreep

They're in a weak division. But they did beat the ravens and I think the bengals.

Truth. They do benefit from playing in a weak division, but they did have some good wins over the course of the season. You're right with the win over the Ravens and the Bengals, and both those games were away games, which is all the more impressive.
The downside is, their three losses are to Houston, Atlanta and NE, all solid playoff teams (though Houston is playing like garbage of late). The losses to Houston and Atlanta were early in the season, arguably when the new Manning offense hadn't fully gelled. A rematch with any of those teams would be bound to be good.

I feel the playoff team to beat in the AFC would still be the Patriots.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2013 at 3:57pm
I think the home-field advantage gives Denver the edge against New England. New England will not be able to run as fast of an offense as they were in the first match up. They'll burn there selves out by the 2nd quarter running plays every 20 seconds at altitude if they try that again. If the game was in New England I would give New England the game, regardless it should be be a good game if they do face off.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2013 at 11:53pm
How does Rex Ryan still have a job and Lovie Smith gets canned? It's time for the Jets to send big mouth Rex on his way and he can go be a D coordinator somewhere for a while and bring unwanted publicity to that team
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 6:10am
GO BRONCOS!!!

Still can't believe they ended up with the #1 seed and home field all through the playoffs.  Houston better win their game this weekend or they will be kicking themselves forever for blowing that season long #1 seed.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 6:21am
Andy Reid interview with the chiefs today. I was thinking he might go to AZ to reunite with Kolb. But then again there's probably a reason why they let him go in philly.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 6:25am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

How does Rex Ryan still have a job and Lovie Smith gets canned? It's time for the Jets to send big mouth Rex on his way and he can go be a D coordinator somewhere for a while and bring unwanted publicity to that team

The Jets did fire their GM, Mike Tannenbaum. But I agree Ryan should've been given the boot as well.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 7:40am
Rex Ryan still has a chance of getting fired. The new GM might want to get a different coach since it's pretty obvious that Rex Ryan isn't fit to be a head coach.

And I think the Cowboys have to really consider getting a different QB. Romo is good enough to have some good games and put up good numbers. But, when the game counts, he just doesn't have what it takes to win the games. Maybe there's a QB from college that can surprise everyone like a Russel Wilson that they can find in the draft...
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 9:50am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

GO BRONCOS!!!

Still can't believe they ended up with the #1 seed and home field all through the playoffs.  Houston better win their game this weekend or they will be kicking themselves forever for blowing that season long #1 seed.

Yeah Houston gave us a late Christmas present.  The Broncos are going to be damn hard to beat here in Denver. 
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 9:56am
Originally posted by letourneau41

GO BRONCOS!!!

Yeah Houston gave us a late Christmas present.  The Broncos are going to be damn hard to beat here in Denver. 
I'm just tempering my expectations and if we are one and done it wa still an awesome season with sweeping the division.  Obviously I hope we take it all, but only one team gets that each season.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 10:10am
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 10:11am
Wow. David Akers vs Billy Cundiff. Winner gets to be the kicker in the Niners playoff run.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 10:18am
What happened to Akers? He used to be one of the more reliable kickers in the league. But he's missed a bunch this season...
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 11:18am

I just ordered this since it was on sale for today only.

5 feet of Broncos Pride!!!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
That's awesome. You gonna put that on your lawn?
I hope Broncos win it all.....I've been making good money on Broncos all season long.
Going to keep betting on them.
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 11:22am
Originally posted by lightning80

What happened to Akers? He used to be one of the more reliable kickers in the league. But he's missed a bunch this season...

That's what age will do to you.  I think he's losing some of his physical abilities.  
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
GoldDragon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 11:27am
Broncos all the way!!!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by jjfreak

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
That's awesome. You gonna put that on your lawn?
I hope Broncos win it all.....I've been making good money on Broncos all season long.
Going to keep betting on them.
Hell yea I'm putting that thing on my lawn...every gameday from here on until someone steals it LOL
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 12:04pm

That's what age will do to you.  I think he's losing some of his physical abilities.  

He's now 38 years old, and has been playing since 1998, so yeah, he's certainly getting along in the years. And it's mainly the long-distance kicks that have been affected, which would suggest he's just not up to par with his former self. In 2010, he hit 82% (9/11) of FGs from 40-49 yds, and 33% (1/3) from 50+. In 2011, he hit 55% (6/11) from 40-49, and 78% (7/9) from 50+. This year he is 53% (7/13) from 40-49 and 33% (2/6) from 50+. Some considerable dips in numbers between years.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 12:15pm

Wow. David Akers vs Billy Cundiff. Winner gets to be the kicker in the Niners playoff run.
It would be pretty funny if they replaced him with Cundiff and he shanked a kick that cost them the game like he did for BAL last season.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 12:26pm
Cundiff wasn't even any good for the Cowboys and Redskins...pretty sure he's not an upgrade from Akers. Wasn't there a backup kicker on the roster?
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 10:10pm

Cundiff wasn't even any good for the Cowboys and Redskins...pretty sure he's not an upgrade from Akers. Wasn't there a backup kicker on the roster?

Idk any team that carries a backup kicker.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 4:09am

The only time I remember a team carrying two kickers regularly in the regular season was the Broncos with Elam.  Elam had the field goal/extra point duty, while we had another dude do the kickoffs.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 6:41am
Ray Lewis going out in a blaze of glory. Calling it a career after this season. No way the ravens lose this weekend.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 6:57am

Ray Lewis going out in a blaze of glory. Calling it a career after this season. No way the ravens lose this weekend.

He already got a ring, I'd rather Champ Bailey finally get one after being one of the best CB in football history.  If we don't get it this year, I don't see him ever getting one.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 7:50am

There certainly wasn't a backup kicker before. The only kickerson the 9ers roster are Akers and Cundiff. I think most teams avoid multiple kickers namely cuz they very very seldom get injured, and an extra would just be salary that could be otherwise devoted elsewhere.

I always like when players announce their final "ride" before the end of the season. Tends to get the entire team to push a little harder to get where they wanna go. Lewis has been an absolute beast over the course of his 17-season career. 228 games played, 227 of which he started, 1336 tackles, and through it all, has remained with the Ravens organization. Truly a class act in the sport.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 7:55am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

[QUOTE=lightning80] Cundiff wasn't even any good for the Cowboys and Redskins...pretty sure he's not an upgrade from Akers. Wasn't there a backup kicker on the roster?

There certainly wasn't a backup kicker before. The only kickerson the 9ers roster are Akers and Cundiff. I think most teams avoid multiple kickers namely cuz they very very seldom get injured, and an extra would just be salary that could be otherwise devoted elsewhere.
In the NFL the back up place kicker is usually the punter. Not that they are intercahangeable by any means but that's how they usually structure the roster.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 8:05am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

I always like when players announce their final "ride" before the end of the season. Tends to get the entire team to push a little harder to get where they wanna go. Lewis has been an absolute beast over the course of his 17-season career. 228 games played, 227 of which he started, 1336 tackles, and through it all, has remained with the Ravens organization. Truly a class act in the sport.
It actually says a lot about the Ravens organization that they kept him on at a pretty nice salary when he clearly lost of step the last couple years.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 8:06am
I'm not liking the Packs chances this wkd against AP. I'm predicting Peterson to run over the GB def but Im hoping Rodgers can come through with a bigger game.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Von44

I'm not liking the Packs chances this wkd against AP. I'm predicting Peterson to run over the GB def but Im hoping Rodgers can come through with a bigger game.

Doubtful that the Pack lose two weeks in a row to the Vikings.  Peterson's legit but Christian Ponder is terrible and Aaron Rogers will improve playing the same defense 2 weeks in a row. 
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 8:54am

I would be suprised if the Vikings beat the Pack this week, tough to beat a team 2 times a season let alone 1 week later.

I'm taking Baltimore and Houston for the AFC this week.

As well as Seattle and Greenbay for the NFC.

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by diviesti

I would be suprised if the Vikings beat the Pack this week, tough to beat a team 2 times a season let alone 1 week later.

I'm taking Baltimore and Houston for the AFC this week.

As well as Seattle and Greenbay for the NFC.

I think there is a real possibility both HOU and BAL lose.  I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the AFC teams win/lose.

I agree with your NFC picks, although I'd rather have SEA and WAS both move to the next round.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 10:22am
Texans screwed up losing to the Vikings. It's their fault Chicago Bears isn't in the playoffs
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 10:24am
Originally posted by rurchan

Texans screwed up losing to the Vikings. It's their fault Chicago Bears isn't in the playoffs

You're blaming the Texans for the Bears missing the playoffs?  I'd so Lovie Smith had more to do with it than the Texans.  You can't count on other teams to win so you can get in.  If the Bears could win a that mattered they'd be in the playoffs.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by rurchan

maybe you should blame the offensive play calling and chicken cutlet for not feeding the rock to Forte moar?
MOAR powderz plz!
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 10:55am
The Bears offense disappeared in the second half of the season, if the defense wasn't scoring they weren't going to win. 
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 11:32am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

The Bears offense disappeared in the second half of the season, if the defense wasn't scoring they weren't going to win. 
The bears offense has been weak for years. Not to mention they can't beat a team that has a winning record. Lucky for them they always get a nice easy schedule to make them look like a contender instead of the pretenders that they truly are.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 11:53am
Looks like Andy Reid will be the 1st coaching domino to fall. He's close to closing a deal with the Chiefs.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 12:07pm
I'm taking Ravens, Bengals, Packers and Seahawks for the wild card round
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 4:27am
Nice win for chip Kelly last night. On to the NFL where he has interviews with the browns and I think the bills
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 5:27am

Nice win for chip Kelly last night. On to the NFL where he has interviews with the browns and I think the bills

I think I'd rather stay with Oregon rather than go to either one of those Organizations.  Plus I'm not so sure his system will work in the NFL.  His system is based on speed and everyone is fast in the NFL.  
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 5:41am

Originally posted by Von44

Doubtful that the Pack lose two weeks in a row to the Vikings.  Peterson's legit but Christian Ponder is terrible and Aaron Rogers will improve playing the same defense 2 weeks in a row. 
I'd hope so cuz losing back to back weeks to essentially one guy would be embarrassing.

Also, nice to read up on some bears bashing to start my morning.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 7:39am
Chiefs made a solid move bringing in Reid.  He is a verteran coach who will help turn them around.  I don't want them winning the division of course, but it's embarrasing to have two teams in the AFC West picking #1 and #3 in the draft this year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 43>