0 Staff | 12 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 386,335 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3031323334 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by letourneau41

Originally posted by solocreep

Nice win for chip Kelly last night. On to the NFL where he has interviews with the browns and I think the bills

I think I'd rather stay with Oregon rather than go to either one of those Organizations.  Plus I'm not so sure his system will work in the NFL.  His system is based on speed and everyone is fast in the NFL.  

Yeah, Kelly has the life of Riley in Eugene. He pretty much has the NW recruiting pool all to himself, excellent facilities, and endless supplies of money. And yeah, while you can recruit all the speedy freaks you can find in college, there isn't nearly as much parity with that in the NFL. And on top of that, their offensive scheme is a bit gimmicky to begin with (spread option with a number of outs). NFL defensive coordinators will eat that stuff up.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 1:24pm
Oregon is facing some NCAA inquiry to some recruiting violations...It's probably in Chip Kelly's best interest to get out to the NFL before the hammer comes down...
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 1:30pm
^^ Not unlike his fellow Pac coach Pete Carroll!  I think he knew that the NCAA was going to go bananas on USC as well.

--> That being said, it would be really hard to give up the life of a King in Eugene for the life of WIN OR ELSE NFL fans.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 4:00pm
Looks like Coach Kelly is taking his talents to Cleveland. Where every coach fails.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 1:51am
That'd be Weeden one and done then which would be a shame. If Kelly runs his scheme that is.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 3:48am
He picked probably the most difficult task. Win the division that has the ravens, Steelers and Bengals. And do it with the browns. Good luck.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 5:58am
Kelly has already stated in an earlier interview that his style of play at Oregon would not work and he would have a different style of play.  Kelly has a pretty good football mind it will be interesting to see what he comes up with for the NFL.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 6:45am
im surprised. especially since his name was thrown around at san diego as well. granted facing peyton manning is the most ideal situation, at least he'd have rivers over weeden.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 6:58am

Looks like Coach Kelly is taking his talents to Cleveland. Where every coach fails.

Where did you hear this.  Everything I read said he only interview with them.  He also has an interview with the Eagles today.  I wouldn't say he's a lock to go to Cleveland at all.  
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 7:07am
^Same, i haven't heard anything about him finalizing a deal with the browns.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Von44

^Same, i haven't heard anything about him finalizing a deal with the browns.

Well there was a report stating he was very close to a deal. Usually when that's stated, it comes down to how long and how much money pretty much. So if there this close, then Chip and the organization probably already see eye to eye on what needs to be done with the Browns organization.

Nothing is for sure, but I'd put my money on him going there. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Redheaderr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 11:19am
Bengals and Texans about to start with Minnesota and Green Bay at primetime.  Let's hope the games are all close and live up to the hype.  I have to take the Texans over Bengals, but I think the Viks will upset the Pack.  Adrian Peterson has just been insane, I think he gets 2tds and close to 200 yards tonight.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Redheaderr

Bengals and Texans about to start with Minnesota and Green Bay at primetime.  Let's hope the games are all close and live up to the hype.  I have to take the Texans over Bengals, but I think the Viks will upset the Pack.  Adrian Peterson has just been insane, I think he gets 2tds and close to 200 yards tonight.
NO WAY!!!! AP had a tremendous year but that's as far as he goes tonight. GB is at home where they're 7-1 and I believe it'll be a close game. But Rodgers will come up with a big in the end.

Go Packers!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 11:38am
My picks. Bengals upset the Texans. A lot having to do with how well the Bengals D plays. And I think GB comes out puts up a win in that rematch.  I think they'll do a better job at containing AP.
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 11:38am
Let's see if Cincy's D can keep it up and bring home their first playoff win in a long time
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 1:04pm
Looks like both teams D's are making this game close and interesting. I'm still sticking with Bengals on pulling off the win.
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 1:16pm
Defense wins games but i didnt think that meant scoring all the points.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 2:03pm
With Ponder being ruled out for the game it looks like the Packers will be moving onto the next round.  Even with Peterson they need to have Ponder in the game. 
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by sdwc96

Defense wins games but i didnt think that meant scoring all the points.

That's the downfall with the Bengals. They look awful when they're struggling on offense. But when they're on par, they look great.  Truthfully I didn't think either of these teams would win the superbowl.  

Would like to see the Packers lose against Vikes but I don't see that happening. /
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 4:11pm
Bears offense didn't disappear in the 2nd half, they never had an offense in the first place. Their defense was scoring all the points.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Bears offense didn't disappear in the 2nd half, they never had an offense in the first place. Their defense was scoring all the points.

We aren't even talking about the Bears here. More so todays game. But because you stated it, i have to comment. 

Bears did have an offense, it just wasn't utilized properly. We are ranked 15th in overall offensive TD's. So clearly we did have an offense and the stats prove it. Also, towards the second half of our season, we weren't scoring that many td's on defense as we did to start off the year. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 1:50am
Both games were unexciting. Hopefully the final two wild card games are a little more entertaining
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 4:32am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Both games were unexciting. Hopefully the final two wild card games are a little more entertaining

And i guess thats what led to lovies firing. Though not many expected it, the fact that they could t make do with their weapons was his demise.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 4:41am
It sucks for the vikings didn't have ponder. The game would have probably been closer. I think they still lose but at least it would be a little more exciting
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 2:38pm
The Seahawks are going to be tough to stop.  They are looking good right now.  Lynch is a tough runner. 
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 3:40am
I kinda want ray Lewis to make one more superbowl appearance.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 4:35am

Yea, but dont think they gonna beat the Broncos....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 4:52am
Originally posted by jjfreak

Yea, but dont think they gonna beat the Broncos....

Lewis has his ring, it's time for Champ to at least get to the big game, and hopefully get one as well.

I'm really glad this game is a home game.  No one wants to go to Bal for the playoffs.  It will be a much closer game than the last one.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 6:13am

The Seahawks are going to be tough to stop.  They are looking good right now.  Lynch is a tough runner. 
That was a big road win for them! Even though RG3 went down with an injury the Seahawks have a tough time on the road. Hope they can make it past the Falcons. Their defense is going to have to play their best game of the season in Atlanta. It's going to be a battle of the birds! LOL!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 7:59am
The Seahawks should have stayed out east. The flying back and forth between the coasts is going to wear them out...

RG3 should have sat after he got hurt, he was pretty ineffective after that. The backup played well enough during the regular season when RG3 was out and probably would have played better than RG3 with the bummed knee...
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by lightning80

The Seahawks should have stayed out east. The flying back and forth between the coasts is going to wear them out...

RG3 should have sat after he got hurt, he was pretty ineffective after that. The backup played well enough during the regular season when RG3 was out and probably would have played better than RG3 with the bummed knee...
There is a picture of his knee basically sideways on ESPN.  He definitely tore something.  I would be shocked if he doesn't start on the PUP list next season.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Oinker

That was a big road win for them! Even though RG3 went down with an injury the Seahawks have a tough time on the road. Hope they can make it past the Falcons. Their defense is going to have to play their best game of the season in Atlanta. It's going to be a battle of the birds! LOL!

I was REALLY worried when the Redskins went up 14-0 in a hurry. Then RGIII's injury started re-showing itself, and it seemed like the Seattle D made some necessary adjustments to shut them down. Of course, with RGIII gimped, it's a little easier only having to cover one running threat.
Atlanta is a solid team, but they do have their weaknesses, and hopefully Seatown will be able to exploit em. It's a tall order to win 2 road games (both entirely across the country, no less). But they seem to have shaken their crappy road road performances. They still gotta show up though!

Went 4-0 with my playoff picks for the weekend. Gf went 3/4 (solely cuz im an ass and made my picks early and told her she couldn't make the exact same picks as me lol).
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 8:16pm
Just watching the RGIII footage you could tell he tore something. To twist like that there was always going to be damage.

I see Reggie Wayne thought Ray Lewis's dance at the end of the game was disrespectful. He needs to relax he's celebrating a playoff win on his home ground that he will never play on again.
endsz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 3:34am

Just watching the RGIII footage you could tell he tore something. To twist like that there was always going to be damage.

I see Reggie Wayne thought Ray Lewis's dance at the end of the game was disrespectful. He needs to relax he's celebrating a playoff win on his home ground that he will never play on again.

Yea I thought he tore something too when that happened, but walked off the field at his own power...but yea reports are that he has a partial tear in his LCL, but they don't know how severe it is right now.

Good thing nothing tore. I really hope he comes back just as strong, I love watching QBs that can run
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 8:11am
Yeah, I have no problem with Ray Lewis doing his dance in his last home game. He'll never get to do that again! Let him enjoy it, let him soak it in, let him have memories for the rest of his life. I bet most of the documentaries about him in the future will have footage of the dance...maybe then Reggie Wayne will see how special it is and do his own dance at the end of his career. Tongue
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 8:30am

Lighten up Reggie! Some of these pro athletes & that whole disrespect thing is ridiculous. This is one of those cases. The man is playing his last home game & showing some enthusiasm for the sport that he has played in for 13 years. Relax Reggie!!!

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Oinker

Lighten up Reggie! Some of these pro athletes & that whole disrespect thing is ridiculous. This is one of those cases. The man is playing his last home game & showing some enthusiasm for the sport that he has played in for 13 years. Relax Reggie!!!

Winners Dance, Losers Cry.  Plain and simple.
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 9:24am
Went 3-1 on Wild Card week.

Predictions for this weekend:

Denver, Seattle, Green Bay, New England

As much as I despise New England they have a really good team, would like to see them out.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 5:46pm
I'll take Denver, Seattle, 9ers and New England
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 8:51pm
So Rob Ryan got fired as D coordinator of the Cowboys. How irritating would that be if he ended up with brother Rex.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Commissar

As much as I despise New England they have a really good team, would like to see them out.
I've got the same picks this wkd. And also would love nothing more than to see the Pats eliminated but they are at home where they look almost unbeatable. Texans haven't been playing all too well down the stretch so it's kindof an uphill battle imo.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 5:19am
I'll be pulling for the Ravens, cuz of Ray Lewis. The Niners, Patriots, and Even tho I think Seattle is gonna win, ill be pulling for the Falcons. It'll be chaos if Atlanta goes out the 1st game again.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 5:38am
I've got the Packers, Broncos, Pats and Seahawks this weekend.  I think the with the way Aaron Rogers is playing that he'll easily pick apart that 9er's D. 
endsz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 6:51am
I went 4-0 in wildcard weekend. For this weekend, I take Pats, Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks this week.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 8:20am
My picks (in bold) for the upcoming games:

Baltimore @ Denver
Green Bay @ San Francisco
Seattle @ Atlanta
Houston @ New England
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 11:50am

So Rob Ryan got fired as D coordinator of the Cowboys. How irritating would that be if he ended up with brother Rex.

Aww. But how'm I gonna get my Football Fabio fix?! Weird-lookin bastard.

I generally play football with some buddies at 2 pm on sundays. Glad the Seatown game is earlier this weekend so I don't have to miss it/watch it later. :D
I've got Denver (Flacco just isn't a good road QB... Manning's great whereever he plays lol), GB (I really just don't have a lot of faith in Kaepernick), NE (they slaughtered the Texans once already, I've no reason to believe they won't beat em again), and Seattle (they're playing their hearts out these past few games, and I feel Atlanta fairs better against heavy pass offenses, rather than spread-option ones). Go Seahawks!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 12:25pm

i thought he did pretty good as the defensive coordinator...they had a bunch of injuries to the starters and he kept the team in the games. what they need is a new qb...
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 4:19am
Not chip kelly but brian kelly interviewed with the eagles. I don't think he'll end up as the HC there. Just a hunch.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Commissar

Yep, I agree with this, but still going to bet on the Texans cause they get such good payout.....hahaha
GAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 1:05pm
If Green Bay and Seattle win, it would be a rematch of the replacement ref game. But I'm hoping for Niners/Falcons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 43>