0 Staff | 15 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 407,865 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3637383940 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by coolz

did you guys see the fast & furious commercial, so sick. they got me hooked 3months ahead of time. Heres a look if you missed it

WTF, that's insane! Glad they really up it this time. I'm ready to be wowed.

On another note, I wasn't really surprised the Ravens won but I wasn't a fan of them.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 6:31pm
What a game... niners tried a furious comeback but couldn't make it. I had some problems with the play calls on that last drive. Thought we should've tried the read option at least one more time. I also wanted ck to try to run to the other side on that bootleg. Personally thought there was a little holding on that last play but I'm okay with the no call. CK got pressured and had to throw it up. Congrats to the ravens. Still love my niners. we'll get it next year.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 6:50pm
It was definitely a hell of a comeback, 
I'd definitely say that whenever the refs put their whistles away it helped the Ravens pretty much every time... 
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 6:52pm
Good for the Ravens! Awesome comeback...but too bad it wasn't enough.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 6:52pm
That would of been a historic black out if the 49ers won..
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

That would of been a historic black out if the 49ers won..

Seriously, 28 to 6 deficit for the 49ers? geez. That would have been fun to see.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 7:20pm
Amazing game regardless on the 49ers not winning. 
That blackout really did turn the tide of the game.

I wonder how it was caused.....?
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 7:54pm
funny how that wasn't the first time the 49ers had a mystery blackout when they were playing.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 9:49pm
up until the last offensive play for the 49ers, everything was going for them...until they ran the same damned play twice

hopefully this just leaves the team hungrier than before...it's a shame we didn't take it this year but we're looking at some DAMNED fine team mates right now. hopefully willis and gore still have some steam left because they sure as hell deserve a ring
nuggetuconn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 3:31am
Originally posted by twolf123

up until the last offensive play for the 49ers, everything was going for them...until they ran the same damned play twice

hopefully this just leaves the team hungrier than before...it's a shame we didn't take it this year but we're looking at some DAMNED fine team mates right now. hopefully willis and gore still have some steam left because they sure as hell deserve a ring

I hope so too. I really dislike Flacco and Lewis.

It would have been an amazing comeback. I don't know about Kaeps. It seems teams will know how to defend him. Kid's got an amazing arm though.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 3:41am
Some iffy officiating but the Niners didnt play perfect. Glad that fake kick wasn't successful. Ravens were the better team this day.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 3:56am
Great game, but the veteran qb came out on top. Kaps looks good, but when you put pressure on him that's when he makes the mistakes.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 4:17am
Originally posted by cds4288

funny how that wasn't the first time the 49ers had a mystery blackout when they were playing.

It's a conspiracy...

If SF hadn't slept through the first half they would have won the game.  Kap, Vernon, Crab and Gore looked good in the 2nd half and the defense seemed much more energized in the 2nd half.  Where was that in the first 2 quarters?
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 4:29am
Pretty sure someone called in a favor at Buffalo Wild Wings, that game was getting out of control before the mysterious blackout. 
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 4:44am
Crazy game.....almost a great come back
I loved that last play where he just wasted time and took the safety
So scummy but smart.....haha
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 5:25am
Well....I got what I wanted.  A close game.  I was pretty annoyed after the 28-6 score but thankfully the blackout changed everything
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 6:09am
the commercials were stupid this year. there were maybe like one or two funny ones at most. Also i like how Han has been in 50 fast and furious movies after he died in tokyo drift 10 years ago....
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 6:34am
didnt you hear the teaser about believing in ghosts? yeah they suck but fast 5 was awesome 6 will be good too. also a busy year for the Rock. WWE champ and pumping out two films. that guy is making money
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 7:03am
The fast & furious series should have ended 3 damn movies ago. It's just dumb now.

Now back to the game.. Really enjoyed watchin that one! Wasn't wanting to see a rout, so was happy when SF battled back into it. Made my buddy pretty nervous! He has correctly picked the next year's SB champ 3 years in a row (he picks next years winner immediately after the current year's super bowl ends). He picked NE over ATL for next year.. Stay tuned!

The power outage was pretty crazy! I was soooo wishing they'd just play in the dark lol.
ShredDatPow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 7:09am
I am pretty sure that last night was the first game that they recorded stats after a power outage. I wonder when we will see that again?
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 9:38am
I was also disappointed in the Niners play calling at the end. Your running game helped put u in position to win, that defense looked tired, and Ngata was out.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 9:46am
Originally posted by jjfreak

Crazy game.....almost a great come back
I loved that last play where he just wasted time and took the safety
So scummy but smart.....haha

yup, i agree. that self-imposed safety was brilliant! it left only enough time for a standing kick return td for the 49ers to have any chance of winning the game. there were a lot of holding on that play too and the 49ers would have had to decline the penalty, if the refs threw a flag, because that would have given the ravens 1 more down to run out even more clock.

i though that sf should have pounded that last drive in with gore and kaepernick running, instead of throwing all those plays. 4 downs to run 7 yards, i think they would have made it.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 11:05am
That was a great game! 9ers made a hell of a comeback. Congratz to the Ravens on the victory. Looks like the murderer got his second championship ring afterall.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 12:25pm
How close to the endzone were the ravens when they did the safety? Isn't holding in the endzone an automatic safety?

It ended up being a great game I was scared the Ravens were gonna blow it out or at least hold their advantage which would have made it boring as hell to watch towards the finish
goalieman24 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Isn't holding in the endzone an automatic safety?

Yes. What's your point? They were going to take an intentional safety... a holding call would've given the exact same result.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 12:37pm

How close to the endzone were the ravens when they did the safety? Isn't holding in the endzone an automatic safety?

It ended up being a great game I was scared the Ravens were gonna blow it out or at least hold their advantage which would have made it boring as hell to watch towards the finish

it was a fake punt, intentional self-inflicted safety. so all the holding was intentional. so was the punter running to the corner to waste as much time as he can off the clock before he gets pushed out for the safety. giving up 2 points and running the clock was much better than the risk of a punt block. great strategy on older brother harbaugh's part.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 12:51pm
the strategy was a given, if you know your football it was the right call to make. Wasting clock time is way more important than giving up 2 points that won't decide the game
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 1:24pm
It's was a risky play when taking the safety. Let's say they quickly tackle the punter in the end zone and theres 8 seconds left now. All you need is a good run back and akers can kick a 60 yard field goal. There was clearly holding on the play, but it wouldn't have done much.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Jaydoc08

It's was a risky play when taking the safety. Let's say they quickly tackle the punter in the end zone and theres 8 seconds left now. All you need is a good run back and akers can kick a 60 yard field goal. There was clearly holding on the play, but it wouldn't have done much.

they couldn't quickly tackle the punter...because the entire ravens team was holding knowing it won't hurt them. and akers kicking a field goal is not a risk at all...if you've been watching him this seson.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 3:05pm
So I guess Ray Lewis will wait till after he's in the HOF to admit he used performance enhancing drugs. Smart move if he just keeps denying it.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

The fast & furious series should have ended 3 damn movies ago. It's just dumb now.

Now back to the game.. Really enjoyed watchin that one! Wasn't wanting to see a rout, so was happy when SF battled back into it. Made my buddy pretty nervous! He has correctly picked the next year's SB champ 3 years in a row (he picks next years winner immediately after the current year's super bowl ends). He picked NE over ATL for next year.. Stay tuned!

The power outage was pretty crazy! I was soooo wishing they'd just play in the dark lol.

atl getting anywhere was a fluke in the 12/13 season...maybe NE, just because it's tom brady.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 10:38am
ATL a fluke? They draft/sign some o-line and bolster their defense up, they may be the sb favorites. If their coach wasn't so conservative they would have beat 49ers.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 11:01am
ATL has been pretty consistent that past few years..they just have problems winning in the playoffs. I think they'll be in the mix again next year. but watch out for the saints, with their coach back, they're going to be looking for blood/revenge. Kaepernick is going to be better next year, with a full training camp as the starting QB and the experience that he got this season.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 1:04pm
I think Kaps will be good next year, he has to study. He panicked every time the ravens blitzed, he needs to be able to read the defense. Get him a go to wr and look out. Saints need d and some depth at o-line.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 3:14pm
So the Jags got a new logo. It looks similar to the one they had. New logo, same jags.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 3:28pm
If the Jags can hit on a decent QB or grab a veteran they would improve significantly. Saying that their pass rush was fairly porous as well last year but they have some good pieces on offense now
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 8:27pm

I think Kaps will be good next year, he has to study. He panicked every time the ravens blitzed, he needs to be able to read the defense. Get him a go to wr and look out. Saints need d and some depth at o-line.

i noticed this as well...something i felt alex should've taught him, that pressure "under the gun" just made him crumble...

atlanta was overhyped by their HORRENDOUSLY soft season with the ONLY TWO post season team in competition being NYG with an imploded manning to boot, and a completely blind Saints team (*feel bad for drew brees lol). i don't see what the hub-ub was about, their season should've been a perfect if they wanted to even be considered half decent.

getting to post season was a fluke for them

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 4:57am

Cut the kid some slack. He's still a rookie. Obviously nerves got to him but that was kinda expected when the championship game is on the line. CK knows what he's got to do to be better so there's no need to worry. He deserves some credit with that second half comeback.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Von44

Cut the kid some slack. He's still a rookie. Obviously nerves got to him but that was kinda expected when the championship game is on the line. CK knows what he's got to do to be better so there's no need to worry. He deserves some credit with that second half comeback.

I think he did good under pressure. He didn't take the sack which would have been worse. Only a few QBs in the league could have made those throws under that much pressure.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 5:58am
Originally posted by solocreep

Originally posted by Von44

I think he did good under pressure. He didn't take the sack which would have been worse. Only a few QBs in the league could have made those throws under that much pressure.

I think the kid played fine for beig such a young qb. At the end I thought they should rolled him out and let him use his legs, he could truck a db. But at least you guys got a franchise qb. My eagles are thinking about keeping Vick for another year or signing Alex smith.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 7:29am
Smith would have to be happy to go ANYWHERE other than SF at this point. Vick is on his way out, but with Chip Kelly's weird offensive schemes, he might opt for a QB with legs over a QB with an arm.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 9:12am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Smith would have to be happy to go ANYWHERE other than SF at this point. Vick is on his way out, but with Chip Kelly's weird offensive schemes, he might opt for a QB with legs over a QB with an arm.

Yea the problem with eagles is their front office. They need to see how n foles is with a healthy line and wrs. If he's bad they can draft a qb next year, which seems like a decent qb class. I don't see the hype about Alex smith. He'll get us 5-7 wins which does nothing.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 2:50pm
Smith is another bridge between QBs. He'll do until the teams future QB is ready.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 4:29pm
There's no way the Eagles should take Smith, they don't have the team around him to be competitive purely because he needs a dominant D. 
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:07am

There's no way the Eagles should take Smith, they don't have the team around him to be competitive purely because he needs a dominant D. 

And running game.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 7:25am
Ope! Wasn't meanin to start a discussion on Smith going to Philly! I was just tryna state Smith would likely be happy moving to any team (except O-line-free KC) in hopes of gettin some playing time!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 11:04am
If he doesn't find a team maybe he'll play in the cfl where 5-7 wins is favorite to win the cup. lol
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:52pm
NFL off season and no one got arrested yet. It hasn't even been a week so I'll give it more time.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 2:27pm
Eagles hired the browns linebacker coach Bill Davis as their defensive coordinator. Let's just say philly fans aren't to happy with the hire.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:00pm
Panthers have the toughest schedule based on numbers. Another year of watching Newton sulk on the sideline?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 43>