0 Staff | 7 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 396,764 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3940414243>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 3:18am
His 3 yr extension is still an indicator that theyll keep him. Theyll probably shop mallet around and pick a bargain qb in the draft, have him coach the new prospect for 2-3 yrs and then have brady retire. In the meanwhile brady is still looking for another ring so its a game of compromises.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 11:34am
Originally posted by sdwc96

His 3 yr extension is still an indicator that theyll keep him. Theyll probably shop mallet around and pick a bargain qb in the draft, have him coach the new prospect for 2-3 yrs and then have brady retire. In the meanwhile brady is still looking for another ring so its a game of compromises.

It doesn't even need to be a "bargain" qb.  This sounds like an Aaron Rodgers situation you are describing.  And that could happen this year or next year, depending on what is available late in the first/early in second round.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 12:04pm
Thats probably what belichek would do. I hate the pats because theyre just so good with their personnel.

So apparently the niners arent going after revis. I doubt moss is going to stay cause the league min for an 7-9yr player is over $800k. Thats pricey.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by nautika96

Thats probably what belichek would do. I hate the pats because theyre just so good with their personnel.

So apparently the niners arent going after revis. I doubt moss is going to stay cause the league min for an 7-9yr player is over $800k. Thats pricey.

That is pricey.  I think it might be time to get the next "future best receiver of all time"
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 12:19pm
Yea i thnk thats their plan. Especially after they got kc's 2nd round pick for alex smith, they should be sitting pretty on value picks.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 12:53pm
the 49ers have a bunch of picks this coming draft, enough to trade up for a top player that they want. with kapernick and the running game doing well, i don't think they're too worried about the receiver position. i think they'll be targeting their pass defense and maybe a backup running qb.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 1:18pm
Well see. Some recievers came on strong after smith was replaced. Having a good slot or deep threat to take advatage of the play action would be great for them.

I do agree that they probably need more secondary help. Especially if goldson leaves. But whi wouldnt want a shutdown corner?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 1:31pm
the price tag for revis will be too high and they wouldn't be able to afford to keep patrick willis, aldon smith, and other defensive players that have helped them in the past couple years. i heard this draft is a secondary-rich draft...so i think they'll opt to pay less for a star DB coming out of college than hurt the salary cap by signing revis.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 3:41pm
Right. Thats why i mentioned earlier that they were no longer pursuing revis. But it may take some time for a rookie to step up to the starting lineup. I know experienced qbs have targeted them for their inexperience. The niners in general hardly spend much in free agency anyways.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 4:23pm
I think players might ask for less if they play for the Niners cuz they're built as superbowl contenders.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 8:53pm
With the amount of picks the 9ers have accumulated they can set themselves up for the next few years if they do it right Trade up in this draft if they like a player or trade away picks for future drafts if they don't it will be interesting to see what they do
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2013 at 4:37am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

With the amount of picks the 9ers have accumulated they can set themselves up for the next few years if they do it right Trade up in this draft if they like a player or trade away picks for future drafts if they don't it will be interesting to see what they do

Yup. So far GM Trent Baalke has been awesome.
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2013 at 8:30am
you think flacco is worth the 6 year contract? i think hes overrated...
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by pyrotechnics

you think flacco is worth the 6 year contract? i think hes overrated...

6 years yes, $120 million +? Nope. He's good, but not that good. Good for him tho
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2013 at 12:10pm
^ Obviously winning the Super Bowl resulted in that contract.  I don't think he's a top tier QB but he may prove to be next season, who knows?

A lot of free agents out there, wonder where some will land.  Charles Woodson, Stephen Jackson, Reggie Bush, Victor Cruz, Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings, Tony Gonzalez, Jake Long... lots of big names, some well past their prime but still productive.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2013 at 2:16pm
While I don't think flacco is a top 5 qb, the dude just won the Super Bowl. Perfect timing for him, it'll be a contract they regret later on but they still had to pay him because some else would.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2013 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Jaydoc08

While I don't think flacco is a top 5 qb, the dude just won the Super Bowl. Perfect timing for him, it'll be a contract they regret later on but they still had to pay him because some else would.

He won the SuperBowl and he won it off his arm. Going into the playoffs I didn't think he was elite but he played like it when it counted and was consistently good across every playoff game. If he had of won the superbowl on the back of the running game and D he would not have been awarded $120M IMO but he still would have been locked up for a lengthy contract
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2013 at 4:55pm
Flacco isnt trent dilfer. For qbs its the ring that defines them between others. Would consder rivers an elite qb ? He doesnt have a ring and he has been struggling as of late. At his peak, that was the knock on him for not having a ring.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 4:45am
Moss won't be back with the Niners next season. All good, there's some decent free agents out there.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 5:50am
Really?! Joe Flaco is going to be the highest paid player in NFL history? Just because the Ravens won the super bowl does not make him a great QB. It's funny how when a team wins games it's all about the QB but when they lose there is plenty of blame to go around for the rest of the team. The Ravens didn't win games throughout the season solely due to Joe Flaco. It was that TEAM that won. True he had some good performances but is far from great. He is an average QB that excels at being a game manager. The Ravens are wasting a ton of cash on a very average player.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 1:48pm
I'd say he is definitely an above average QB. When they turned to a pass first offense Flacco came through with the goods, 11 TD's and 0 INT's he is only the second player to ever do that and his total QBR for the superbowl is much higher than any other QB in history. 
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 6:37pm
But theyve tried to do it earlier and flacco faltered a few seasons past. If didnt have anquan boldin i diubt flacco would have been as effective. A qb with that kind of money makes any reciever look awesome( ie peyton manning).
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 7:55am
Deadline to be franchised today. Making NFL offseason somewhat interesting
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 9:05am
Originally posted by solocreep

Yea i'm curious on what the cheifs are going to do. Will they franchise Bowe again, or the tackle albert? It impacts their draft tremendously depending on what they do.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 9:53am
Niners reportedly gonna let Akers go. Thank god. Even extra points were stressful with this guy.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 10:09am

I think the Lauren Silberman story is really cool! It would be great if she actually made it on a team as a kicker. I know it's a super long shot but would be cool. Maybe the 49ers could use her. Thumbs Up

sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 10:22am
^ That screams "publicity stunt".  She injured herself kicking a football 19 yards, how the hell did she think she was going to attempt a 60 yard field goal?

Silberman's goal was to try a 60-yard field goal. That thought was squashed just minutes into her tryout.

"You know, the distance wasn't there, but hopefully the scouts will notice my technique," she said. "It's not always length."

Sorry honey, in this case length does matter.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Oinker

I think the Lauren Silberman story is really cool! It would be great if she actually made it on a team as a kicker. I know it's a super long shot but would be cool. Maybe the 49ers could use her. Thumbs Up

Yeah, it is too bad about the injury, so we don't really know if she could compete.  Maybe next year, I guess.  Nobody would pick her up this year.

However, let's go 49ers.  Get a consistent good kicker!
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 10:28am
Originally posted by sideways99

^ That screams "publicity stunt".  She injured herself kicking a football 19 yards, how the hell did she think she was going to attempt a 60 yard field goal?

Silberman's goal was to try a 60-yard field goal. That thought was squashed just minutes into her tryout.

"You know, the distance wasn't there, but hopefully the scouts will notice my technique," she said. "It's not always length."

LOL!!! All very true. I just think it would be funny to see a woman compete in the boys club. The odds of her actually making it are next to impossible.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 10:38am
Reminds me of the lightning having a female goalie on the team back in the early '90s. Didn't last very long. But we're talking football where she could get crushed by a 300 lb'er. The likelihood of a female playing in the nfl doesn't seem feasible due to safety issues.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 10:50am
Injured or not, those kicks sucked. PR stunt IMO
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 12:09pm

LOL!!! All very true. I just think it would be funny to see a woman compete in the boys club. The odds of her actually making it are next to impossible.
i think everyone knew it was a stunt from the beginning...imagine her trying to stop a punt return.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 12:14pm
Suh would be a better kicker than that girl. He could at least tackle and play other positions.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 12:33pm

Yea i'm curious on what the cheifs are going to do. Will they franchise Bowe again, or the tackle albert? It impacts their draft tremendously depending on what they do.
No franchise tag for Bowe. They paid the man! A nice five year deal.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 1:18pm

No franchise tag for Bowe. They paid the man! A nice five year deal.

I'm sure Alex Smith is very relieved to hear this.

The female kicker was nothing short of a joke, she didn't even look like a kicker coming in and then "unfortunately" injured herself on her first kick. Publicity stunt
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 1:23pm
It doesn't even look like shes kicked more than 15 footballs in her life. The more I watch this, the more I wonder if she was like I think I'm gonna try out for the NFL today. Anyone can kick a ball, who needs practice
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by sdwc96

Suh would be a better kicker than that girl. He could at least tackle and play other positions.

If "playing other positions" is a factor, than Suh is a better kicker than every kicker in the league.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 3:17pm

That's one of the stupidest/most pointless articles I've ever read. Even as a PR stunt (which I too believe it is), if you're gonna put on some show for women's equality, at least have SOME skill in whatever you're trying to demonstrate. Otherwise you're just workin against yourself.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 3:29pm
Now that Alex smith is a chief, I wonder if the Niners are gonna bring josh Johnson back.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 11:48pm

Now that Alex smith is a chief, I wonder if the Niners are gonna bring josh Johnson back.

The 9ers would want a steady backup behind CK. If there were any veterans available that suit the role that would be perfect but the QB market has zilch. Matt Moore is about the best option haha
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 7:47am
What are the Ravens thinking? Am I the only one who thinks Flacco was overpaid? Dont get wrong, he's a decent QB but def not worth $120 million over 6 years and nor better than Rodgers, Bree's, or Brady. Idk
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Von44

What are the Ravens thinking? Am I the only one who thinks Flacco was overpaid? Dont get wrong, he's a decent QB but def not worth $120 million over 6 years and nor better than Rodgers, Bree's, or Brady. Idk
 They are seriously over paying him!!! He is nothing more than a game manager. Flaco is not the type of QB that is going to take over games and win them for the team. He is a role player on a good team. The Ravens will see what they have in him in another year or two. Nothing more than an average QB.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 9:23am
Flacco is a Super Bowl winning QB, and a MVP at that. Ask all of the other teams that didn't win it this year whether they wouldn't pay that price to win one.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 9:40am
So do you think hes worth more than drew brees? Clearly the ravens think so.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by lightning80

Flacco is a Super Bowl winning QB, and a MVP at that. Ask all of the other teams that didn't win it this year whether they wouldn't pay that price to win one.

Superbowls and MVPs are earned, not bought. Even if youbuy all the players, they still have to win.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 9:42am

That is assuming that they won because of him, and not everything else around him.  If that is the benchmark, why don't they pay everybody on that team more than the top player at their position.   They won because of all the pieces being in place, and a bad play by a Denver Safety.  I bet other coaches would pay for defensive backs to not tackle too.  

my vote: overpaid, but good.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 9:42am

Superbowls and MVPs are earned, not bought. Even if youbuy all the players, they still have to win.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 9:45am

Flaco was not the one & only reason that the Ravens won the super bowl. He is a role player on that team. Granted he had some good stats but part of that is due to him knowing his role on that team & the team around him playing within that scheme. Another huge reason that the Ravens won is due to a great defense. When a team wins it is not due to ONE single player.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 9:52am

Couldn't agree more
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 10:15am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Couldn't agree more

Agree. Chris johnson and revis both had huge contracts and then a few years later faltered to less than what they were before. Flacco needs to continue to perform to earn his paycheck. Otherwise it could lead to him getting cut at the end of his deal to avoid paying him his salary. Though its unlikely for wbs to be let go like that,its still a possibility
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243>