0 Staff | 20 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 411,399 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1213141516 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 11:39am
Man, my Lions should work in vacuum development, they always find new ways to suck.LOL 
Hey-O

seriously, this shit is getting old already.  No secondary whatsoeva.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 12:59pm
early season loss for the 49ers...i hope this keeps us heated while we're out there next game because it only gets tougher here on out...

on another note...the f*** kind of ref calling was that? "49ers out of time outs.."...."we think"....WHAT DO YOU MEAN "WE THINK?"
WHO KEEPS TRACK OF THAT?
WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 7:21pm
The loss should fire up the 9ers and maybe a reality check for them.

Mikel Leshoure gettin it done for the lions, I drafter Alfred Morris and Leshoure as backups in fantasy and now have some quality trade material
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 9:42pm
9ers losing to the Vikes is one I didn't see coming. Thought that was a lock. And idk what to think of the saints anymore. Can't seem to buy a win these days.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 10:13pm
Screw u Detroit. Can't even beat the titans. That game was crazy. Should've picked the over instead of you guys.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Von44

9ers losing to the Vikes is one I didn't see coming. Thought that was a lock. And idk what to think of the saints anymore. Can't seem to buy a win these days.

no one saw it coming, it was a "sure thing" that niners were "supposed" to win...
NOPE...GOT COCKY AND COULDN'T READ FOR JACK. offense just stayed sidelined the entire time...
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 10:20pm
Not a Raiders fan, but I hope DHB is fine in the morning.  He's being kept at the hospital overnight for observation.  The failure to even call a penalty on that hit should be the last straw for this replacement refs experiment.  (Tho it was hilarious how Harbaugh owned them today.)
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 3:08am
Originally posted by Von44

Definitely crazy to see the Vikes beat the 49ers.  I guess sometimes you play down to the level of your competition.  I watched the whole second half just waiting for the wheels to come off and they never did.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 4:06am
49ers loss put Harbaugh at a loss for words after the game.  Never saw Jimmy struggling to put words together before.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 5:03am
Originally posted by ctoma

49ers loss put Harbaugh at a loss for words after the game.  Never saw Jimmy struggling to put words together before.

He has a tendency of being a sore loser. After a win he's easy to talk to, after a loss he's not that cooperative with the media.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 6:16am
Originally posted by snowj720

Man, my Lions should work in vacuum development, they always find new ways to suck.LOL 
Hey-O
seriously, this shit is getting old already.  No secondary whatsoeva.

They seemed to be trying to rebuild the defense with their draft choices this year.. Must just not be a congealing group yet. I'd say "give it time", but time + losing = fired coach.
------
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

Not a Raiders fan, but I hope DHB is fine in the morning.  He's being kept at the hospital overnight for observation.  The failure to even call a penalty on that hit should be the last straw for this replacement refs experiment.  (Tho it was hilarious how Harbaugh owned them today.)

That his was pretty brutal, but, as in every other game with these scrub refs, blatant calls are gonna be missed. Just don't wanna start up that discussion again. I'm not part of Raider Nation either, but I pretty much cheer for anyone playing the Steelers. Well done, g uys. Quality win after some tough losses.
------
I do some volunteer work on sunday evenings, where I open a local gym for adults to come shoot hoops. Fortunately, no one showed up last night so i was able to close up shop early and watch the Bal/NE game.. That was easily one of the most entertaining games of the season to date. For whatever reason, I'm on a baltimore kick this year, and was happy to see the Ravens get over the hump of beating NE. It's seemed like a hurdle they couldn't quite clear the last couple years.

I'm hoping tonight's game won't be a blowout. I'd say neither team has looked terribly consistent this year; I was really confused after the Seachickens lost to Zona. But that seemed to send the Cards on a roll. They're beating everyone!
Either way, Seattle is coming off a good/dominating win over Dallas, and CenturyLink Field (it feels unnatural calling it that) gets downright LOUD, and can throw any offense off track.  On the other hand... the Cheeseheads are the cheeseheads... guess I;ll have to wait n see!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:16am
Is it just me or has the number of illegal hits been increasing this season?  Normally I hardly ever hear of illegal hits in my newsfeed, but now I hear illegal hit here, illegal hit there, illegal hit everywhere!
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:27am
Cowboys won despite Tony Romo's 1 interception, 2 fumbles, and 4 sacks. No running game at all with only 38 yards on the ground. Good thing Josh Freeman had a worse game...
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:38am
Yesterday I was about to go apeshit on CBS for showing all the early games overtimes. I have no problem watching the early game all the way through, even if it goes to overtime. Once that game is over show me the 2nd game of the dbl header. Don't cut to the 0-2 Saints and 0-2 chiefs battling it out in OT, then once thats over cut to inept Dolphins and Jets game . By the time they turned on the Texans Broncos game the first quarter had a few minutes left. Of course they have to go to commercial timeout and miss more of the game because CBS didn't make enough money from the 50 minutes of overtime I had to sit through already.

end rant/
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Is it just me or has the number of illegal hits been increasing this season?  Normally I hardly ever hear of illegal hits in my newsfeed, but now I hear illegal hit here, illegal hit there, illegal hit everywhere!

Not so sure it's happening more.. it may just be a generic call by the refs, who otherwise don't know where to categorize it. Teams are learning what they can get away with with these new guys, and of course they'll exploit that to its limits. And of course, there have been new rules instituted this season which define what an "illegal hit" is.. so you may just be seeing more calls cuz the rules are less lenient.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:41am
Both the Saints and Jets are polarizing teams...which translates to more viewers..which translates to more $. And they figure people will stick around to watch Peyton.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:54am
"They seemed to be trying to rebuild the defense with their draft choices this year.. Must just not be a congealing group yet. I'd say "give it time", but time + losing = fired coach."

I think the Schwartz will be with us for a few more years, he did make an alright turn around from an 0-16 team, but man, getting close just don't cut it in the long term. 

I will say in the teams defense, I turned the channel when they turned the ball over for a defense td late in the 4th, not realizing they actually were still  in the game.  I about crapped when I turned back and saw they were in ot and if not for a miscommunication could have won the damn thing.  So they did alright and kept it interesting....still didn't walk away with the W though.  I think after so many losing seasons it's easy to lose faith when you see old habits (personal penalties, turnovers) hanging around.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:07am
Couldn't believe they screwed up the "draw the D offside"play.  Only the Lions.

And the Jets manage to be totally depressing even when they win.  Revis out, both sides of the ball look terrible, and they needed OT to beat a truly brutal Dolphins team.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Cooperla

And the Jets manage to be totally depressing even when they win.  Revis out, both sides of the ball look terrible, and they needed OT to beat a truly brutal Dolphins team.

Jim Schwartz has got to be kicking himself for the 4th down play. The lions D is looking pretty bad this year.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:17am

Every player knew what the play was...except for the one snapping the ball...
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:31am
Originally posted by snowj720

I will say in the teams defense, I turned the channel when they turned the ball over for a defense td late in the 4th, not realizing they actually were still  in the game.  I about crapped when I turned back and saw they were in ot and if not for a miscommunication could have won the damn thing.  So they did alright and kept it interesting....still didn't walk away with the W though.  I think after so many losing seasons it's easy to lose faith when you see old habits (personal penalties, turnovers) hanging around.

Oh man, do i hear ya. Was thinking the same thing in the WSU/Colorado (ncaa fb, of course) game over the weekend. Old habits die hard, I guess, but it doesn't make that @#)(* any easier to watch!
Boardingon22s View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 11:13am
how aabout that Pats game last night. 30 penalties and the BS chant lol.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 11:22am
LOL! i had totally forgotten about that chant! And those fans were completely correct.
<commentator>"That's the loudest manure chant I think I've heard in my years as a sportscaster."
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 11:51am
I don't like to rip on the refs because they're trying and all and I get that but last nights game was just too terribly called. Most of the other games weren't too bad so far but last night was a disaster. Who knows how that game would have gone if there were better refs, or at least refs who were consistent with their calls.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 12:26pm
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000064785/49ers-postgame-press-conference

post-game for 49ers for those interested...quite solemn...hope they come back and make it hot the rest of the season...
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 12:46pm
Awful game by the Niners in every single aspect of the game, other than KW's kickoff returns. We deserved to lose that one. Hopefully it's a slap in the face and gets the guys going, just like the Dallas loss last year did.
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Awful game by the Niners in every single aspect of the game, other than KW's kickoff returns. We deserved to lose that one. Hopefully it's a slap in the face and gets the guys going, just like the Dallas loss last year did.

Not as bad as how the Chargers played.

Did you google it?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 2:26pm
The replacement refs are bad, but people are still watching the games. So, there's no incentive for the League to give in to the regular refs at this point.
Redheaderr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Every player knew what the play was...except for the one snapping the ball...

Not Schwartz's fault.  He called the play and Shaun Hill tried to snap the ball and be the hero.  The way Leshore and Bell were bowling over defenders and falling forward every time, if you're going to be a dick and snap the ball, he should have handed it off to one of them.  I guess he felt he deserved the right to potentially lose the game since he threw the hail mary that kept them alive.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 3:43pm
Any predictions on the game? I'll take The Beast and the seahawks in a tight one
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 4:19pm
Seahawks are puttin up a tough fight, if they win this one some major contenders are starting the season at 1-2.

Lets go Seachickens!!!! 
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 6:49pm
Holy Shit.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 6:54pm
not a fan of GB but HOLY CRAP THAT'S BS....they just got screwed out of a game because of poor officiating...SMH to the MNF football refs...man...scabs...

@lightning80: there's about to be incentive not to...this is as bad as pacquiao being screwed out of a win...
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 6:55pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA REPLACEMENT REFS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A TERRIBLY CALLED GAME!
that was such a stupid game, drives should've been stopped, but they were extended by horrible calls. I really don't know what to say
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:02pm
what kills me is they reviewed it?????? like WTF? how could these jerkoffs look at the replay and blow the call? omg. 
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:03pm
what kills me is they reviewed it?????? like WTF? how could these jerkoffs look at the replay and blow the call? omg.
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
thrilla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:05pm
What's going on here? Patriots and Packers are 1 - 2 and Cardinals and Falcons are 3 - 0. It's some kind of twilight zone...
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by kikko

As they said, they can only review that he was in the field of play, they can't review possesion once they call it a td on the field.

Joke officiating all around, but damn it made for a wild ass game
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:11pm
Controversy aside, that Seattle defense looks legit. I thought the Niners would walk away with the division but, now I think its up for grabs. Niners, Seahawks and Cardinals look tough to beat early on. It might come down to who stays healthy.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:12pm
Well the patriots and packers defenses have issues wheras arizona has a kick ass defense. As for atlanta, matt ryan is really getting good-to put it mildly
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:32pm
WOW, the end of that game was insane. I don't really care for the Packers, but they really got hosed. Replacements are definitely affecting the results of games.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by thrilla

What's going on here? Patriots and Packers are 1 - 2 and Cardinals and Falcons are 3 - 0. It's some kind of twilight zone...

iono about the pats being 1-2 but the packers....man, to let refs decide the game like that...

the video for those who are interested
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:37pm
These replacement refs should consult the analysts on the rules of the NFL, since they obviously don't know. Having this happen on a MNF should really embarrass the League into giving into whatever the regular refs are asking for, plus more!
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:45pm
Stole this from Nick on thrives site.. freakin hilarious

BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:33pm
are you serious right now? all of wisconsin is about to flip some shizz. What blows my mind is how they REVIEWED IT, and still called a touchdown, what kind of crack are you on that you call that a Touchdown?!
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:36pm
that game really pissed me off. im a packers fan and that was total garbage, something needs to be done
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:24pm
As someone who dislikes the packers, I'm smiling over that controversial finish
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 11:39pm
Well all I can say is that no one should be betting on NFL games until the real refs come back.  Probably shouldn't bet on football at all of course.  Example, I would have bet on the Niners this past week when I was in Reno, but I was in too foul a mood from not getting any beverage service, so I bailed on the casino.  Lucky for me!
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 12:02am
Originally posted by timpiper

As someone who dislikes the packers, I'm smiling over that controversial finish

so much that it clouds reason? doesn't matter who you were rooting for, what matters is.............what the f*** are they doing?

the internet rage is coming...as is ESPN rage, lol...this is gonna be the story for the rest of the week...
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 3:09am
Originally posted by BoxStomper

are you serious right now? all of wisconsin is about to flip some shizz. What blows my mind is how they REVIEWED IT, and still called a touchdown, what kind of crack are you on that you call that a Touchdown?!
Terrible call.  Golden Tate was touching the ball, but that's about it.  Green Bay had clear possession of that ball, and that's after the blatant offensive pass interference.  I have tried to stick with these replacement refs and give them the benefit of the doubt, but they lost me last night.  And I don't even care about the Packers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 43>