0 Staff | 14 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 404,320 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1516171819 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

The only bad thing about Kaeppernick playing well is that the minute Alex Smith has a bad stretch all the impatient Niners fans are going to be calling for a change.  Better problem to have 2 good QB's than 0 tho.

I think Alex did well enough last year to not question him so easily this year. Although I have fond memories of calling for Hill back in Alex's days of bad stretches, I think he's proved himself to the point that the fans won't be calling for Kaep just yet. But it is refreshing seeing him in with the different type plays he's able to run although our offense shows a pretty good range of plays. If only he could've connected with Moss. I'm itching for Moss to be productive
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 2:22am
Alex has done exactly what he's supposed to do, make the essential throws, don't turn it over and rely on the D and running game. At his current pace he's on track for statistically the same season as last year
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Von44

I would love nothing more than to see Chicago get stomped tonight!
Well, that didn't quite happen.  5 INTs later, that turned into a laugher.  It really wasn't a bad game midway through the 3rd quarter.  17-7 and the Cowboys had the ball after Cutler fumbled.  Then Romo coughed the ball up on the very next play, and the wheels came off.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 5:16am
Week 11 , Niners vs Bears is gonna be a good. I hope both teams are at full strength that day.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 6:07am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Originally posted by Von44

I would love nothing more than to see Chicago get stomped tonight!
Well, that didn't quite happen.  5 INTs later, that turned into a laugher.  It really wasn't a bad game midway through the 3rd quarter.  17-7 and the Cowboys had the ball after Cutler fumbled.  Then Romo coughed the ball up on the very next play, and the wheels came off.

I did end up switching my pick over in my work "pick-em" league to the Bears yesterday, and was very glad i did! I totally felt confident in the argument that either one of those QBs can cough up 4+ INTs in a game... and needless to say... BOOM! Not only do i get to be this weeks "top dog" in picks.. i got to watch the Cowgirls get stomped... Good way to wrap up a Monday! Now I'll just have to choke and wind up with like 3 correct picks next week lol
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Week 11 , Niners vs Bears is gonna be a good. I hope both teams are at full strength that day.

Kidding right?

You rattle Cutler and he turns into an interception machine. Aldon, Justin, and the rest of the front 7 will get to him and it'll be over quick. Especially with Chicago starting Chilo "Turnstile" Rachal on the line lol.

Bears are overrated.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 4:54pm
As the commentators said before the game the Cowboys haven't got a home field advantage at their new stadium. They suggest that because it's s big and extravagant it gets the opposition so pumped up they outplay the boys.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 3:07am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

As the commentators said before the game the Cowboys haven't got a home field advantage at their new stadium. They suggest that because it's s big and extravagant it gets the opposition so pumped up they outplay the boys.
The other slight issue that the Cowboys have is that their franchise QB is a choke artist, and every now and again he just melts down.
ABrad25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Play hard or look good

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 4:54am
The Cowboys quarterback has the ability to be a top quarterback in the league but mentally has nothing going for him. If he could ever get over that hump a lot of people in that small state of Texas would be happier. 
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 5:38am
I think the Jets are done for the season. Holmes is most likely out for the rest of the year. Ouch. Might see Tebow soon. Then it'll be Tebow coverage 24/7 on ESPN
Redheaderr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 7:01am

I think the Jets are done for the season. Holmes is most likely out for the rest of the year. Ouch. Might see Tebow soon. Then it'll be Tebow coverage 24/7 on ESPN

I hope Tebow has been sandbagging til they make him starter.  Then we can have TEBOW TIME again!!! Personally I don't think he's very good, but I'd still like to see him pull out some wackiness once the jets are down and out with nothing to lose.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Redheaderr

I hope Tebow has been sandbagging til they make him starter.  Then we can have TEBOW TIME again!!! Personally I don't think he's very good, but I'd still like to see him pull out some wackiness once the jets are down and out with nothing to lose.

They play Houston so they're gonna lost big no matter who is at QB. Maybe the following week when they play Indy.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 7:45am
Originally posted by ABrad25

The Cowboys quarterback has the ability to be a top quarterback in the league but mentally has nothing going for him. If he could ever get over that hump a lot of people in that small state of Texas would be happier. 

Not having the mental capacity to succeed in the NFL is a bit more than a "hump"! I love that Romo etal. are choke artists! Makes every "gimme" game all that much more fun to watch. My sole complaint is that they have a bye this week so they can't amass another glorious loss.
---
Not a whole lot of games this weekend i personally take interest in. I would like to see the Eagles run through Pittsburgh, and Atlanta's defense facing the Redskins could be interesting. Since the Falcon's D certainly had some weaknesses exposed against the Panthers last week, that game could be a fairly decent scorefest.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 5:20pm
Can't wait for Tebow Time!! Killer that Holmes is out for the season, this week in my fantasy team I have 5 on the bye and him injured!! Not good!
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 10:29pm

that's ONLY if he does well, like last year...well...sort of. broncos basically carried him into the playoffs and then they just got spanked big time after that :/
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 1:00am
All the Jets are done talk is pretty premature, they're 2-2 after all. As much as I wanna see Tebow back I think he's a few weeks off at least.

Big game in the NFC west thursday night, I'm taking the Rams with a 50+ yarder to win it
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 4:52am

All the Jets are done talk is pretty premature, they're 2-2 after all. As much as I wanna see Tebow back I think he's a few weeks off at least.

Big game in the NFC west thursday night, I'm taking the Rams with a 50+ yarder to win it
LOL! Teblow!!! I too can't wait to see him in an NFL game again. He is so hilariously bad, it's the funniest thing on television when he plays. He is going to make a horrible team even worse! LOL!!! As a QB the guy is an absolute joke. Give it a few more years and he will be flushed out of the league unless a team can turn him into a full back or tight end. But i doubt he even has the football smarts to play those positions either.
Schutte5 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Keystone 2013

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 4:56am
Vikings are for real
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Schutte5

Vikings are for real

Am I the only one that's shocked that they're 3-1?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 6:32am

Can't wait for Tebow Time!! Killer that Holmes is out for the season, this week in my fantasy team I have 5 on the bye and him injured!! Not good!

Ouch! That's pretty rough!

Vikings are for real

Am I the only one that's shocked that they're 3-1?

Indeed you are not. I've gotten burned with my NFL pick'em thing this season cuz they keep on winning, when they couldn't buy a victory last year. Not exactly sure what off-season changes they've made, but the victories speak for themselves.
New Orleans is a tough pick this week, as they kept it really close at Lambeau last Sunday, and it's only a matter of time til they eke out a win.

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 8:43am

Vikings are for real
I actually don't think they are.  Beating San Fran was impressive, but I honestly don't think that the Vikings are a playoff team.  Lots of season left.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 3:09pm
Let's go Rams. Don't let Kolb and the Cards run away with the Division. Stop the madness!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 3:30am

Let's go Rams. Don't let Kolb and the Cards run away with the Division. Stop the madness!!!
That was a snoozer last night.  The Cards got handled.  Kolb was under fire the whole game.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 3:36am
Talk about protection issues!!! It seemed like every time the QB dropped back it was a mess
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 3:38am
Kolb was sacked 9 times!  Other than the sacks the game was a statistical bore.  I'm glad I do not have players from either team on my FF team.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 5:21am
Originally posted by ctoma

Kolb was sacked 9 times!  Other than the sacks the game was a statistical bore.  I'm glad I do not have players from either team on my FF team.

Hard to believe that team was undefeated.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 5:36am

I'm not sure how they were undefeated either. Their defense looked sub par. Their O-line is terrible, I'm shocked that Vince Wilfork and the Patriots didn't tear them apart when they played them.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 5:39am
Originally posted by letourneau41

I'm not sure how they were undefeated either. Their defense looked sub par. Their O-line is terrible, I'm shocked that Vince Wilfork and the Patriots didn't tear them apart when they played them.
I think that says more about the Patriots this season than it doesn about Arizona.  I hope that means the Broncos can take them out this weekend, but it's always tough taking on the Patriots in NE.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 5:45am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Originally posted by letourneau41

I think that says more about the Patriots this season than it doesn about Arizona.  I hope that means the Broncos can take them out this weekend, but it's always tough taking on the Patriots in NE.

I'm a Bronco's fan as well. We always seem to have the Patriots number (except last year). Watching the Patriots this year I think we have a good shot a beating them unless we got off to a slow start like in the Atlanta or Texans game. If we score quick I think we will win. With Hernandez most likely out for the game we can concentrate more on Gronk.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 7:15am
I hear patriots have a decent running game now. I haven't watched much patriots ball but I'm guessing they use the pass to setup the run. I think Patriots got this .
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 7:16am

I hear patriots have a decent running game now. I haven't watched much patriots ball but I'm guessing they use the pass to setup the run. I think Patriots got this .
Broncos have actually been pretty good against the run this year.  Way different than the past couple years.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 8:28am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

That was a snoozer last night.  The Cards got handled.  Kolb was under fire the whole game.

No joke, right? It was on in the background at the bar i was at, and i kept looking over to see if anything worth watching was happening, buttttt was always disappointed. Scoring 3 points against the rams is... awful... How they managed to get their other wins is beyond me, too.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 8:43am
At the rate the O-line is letting the D through..Kolb will be sideline soon enough..then Skelton will play..for a few games..then..who's their 3rd QB? They need to start looking at FA QBs now, they'll need a few to replace the ones that go on IR.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 5:30am
Originally posted by lightning80

At the rate the O-line is letting the D through..Kolb will be sideline soon enough..then Skelton will play..for a few games..then..who's their 3rd QB? They need to start looking at FA QBs now, they'll need a few to replace the ones that go on IR.

Or maybe improve on pass protection, run game? Or how bout mixing in some quick passes so the QB won't be exposed. Stocking up on QBs? LOL. Cmon.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 9:36am
This Giants/Browns game has turned into a mess for CLeveland. Cleveland got up 14-0 in a hurry, and completely took the NY crowd out of the game. NY came roaring back, and will now be up 10 at halftime. The crowds way back into it, and this one is pretty much over for the Browns.. Despite picking NYG to win today, I was actually cheering for the browns after that start, too!
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 11:52am
49ers play call with CK's bluff was BRILLIANT...hell, it not only faked me out but the safety's as well!
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by shing02

49ers play call with CK's bluff was BRILLIANT...hell, it not only faked me out but the safety's as well!

AAAAAAAAAaaand it just came back to bite them toward the end of the 2nd quarter, he just doesn't have the toughness for that kind of ball handling when he's hit with a 300pound guy!

luckily PATRICK WILLLIS IS HUNGRY...and all is right in the world again. hopefully this isn't the end of CK! 
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 1:13pm
Penalties killing the Niners. The score would be much worse for the bills.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:19pm

i don't think it matters anymore because it's like the bills defense never showed up...even our secondaries got a td on the field!

we just took down two new york teams 79-3 and didn't let a SINGLE TD get through...i guess you can almost say the vikings game was a blessing...so we'll just leave it at just that (almost) until the end of the season
WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, NYG.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:27pm
niners just KILLED IT. HUGE offensive game and just destroyed it on defense. 
I was kinda hoping Hunter could get to 100 yards just cuz it'd be cool to have that extra 100 yard rusher. Alex balled out today
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:37pm
600+ yards on offense for the Niners today. Franchise record! Niners Defense on fire too. Only 3 points the last 2 games.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:58pm
Peyton and Brady both looked good today. Unfortunaetly the Broncos D didn't.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 3:50pm
Holy crap! WTF happened in the GB game?! I saw they were leading big at the half, and decided it wasn't a game i particularly cared to tune in on. Went to a concert and then checked the score later and i thought i was dyslexic! lol

I did enjoy watching the end of the ATL/WAS game. Atlanta's just a fun team to watch this year, and even though I don't care for the Redskins, they hung in there tough despite RGIII being out.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 7:33pm
Didn't see the GB/Indy game but what is going on with the packers? This looked like a sure win for them. They barely beat a Saints team that had no D and now losing to the Colts. Just speechless.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 9:42pm
Looks like its mock draft time for browns fans.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 3:46am
Originally posted by twolf123

i don't think it matters anymore because it's like the bills defense never showed up...even our secondaries got a td on the field!

we just took down two new york teams 79-3 and didn't let a SINGLE TD get through...i guess you can almost say the vikings game was a blessing...so we'll just leave it at just that (almost) until the end of the season
WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, NYG.
Let's not group the Giants in with the hapless Jets and Bills just because they are from the same state.  Can't wait for that game next week.  Hopefully San Fran got all of that scoring out of their system.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 5:06am
I think Niners/Giants will be low scoring. My mind might change tho
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 6:51am
I can see that. They both have pretty prolific defenses, but each has an offense that can pull a play out of nowhere, too. I think the main thing will come down to securing the ball and keeping long, methodic drives. Keeping each the opponent's offense off the field will allow their defenses to rest. I'll throw a guess out there and say final score: SF - 12, NYG - 10.

But first, let's not overlook Houston being able to DESTROY the Jets tonight! It'll be Tebowtastic!
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:23am
The Giants secondary is in shambles right now, and their pass rush is almost non-existant. If Nicks is still out, I don't think the Giants can even hope to win the game.

The Niner D can match up well with the Giants offense (as we were able to see 2x last year) and with the development of the 49er passing game, especially the deeper patterns that were on display yesterday, I'm not sure if the Giants will be able to keep up.

Niners 24
Giants 14

I'll be at the game too. Niner Nation!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:24am
Did anyone happen to catch how classy those KC Cheif's fans are? Nothing like cheering for your starting QB when he's unconscious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 43>