0 Staff | 16 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 395,907 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2021222324 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 3:13am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

And as far as the Superbowl, I couldn't tell ya! Seems almost anyone can throw together some unexpected wins of late! But I'll rattle off some playoff guesses:
AFC:
The East is kind of a mess. I'd suspect the Pats to win that division though.
The North, I'd say Baltimore, but they got a real dose of humble pie against Houston last week. They're still better than Cleveland and Cincy.. Pitt might give em a late season run for their money. Probably a wildcard spot to the non-winner.
Houston will likely take the South. when it comes to league play, Indy, Tennessee and Jax can't really compete.
The West is also a mess, but the Broncos seem to be pulling it together (especially tonight!). SD is a bust, and Oakland can't put together a consistent win streak.

NFC
EAST:  The Giants are in serious control of that division. Yet again another slow start that leads to them winning out. Romo et al just can't keep up.
NORTH: The Bears are playing solid. I'd expect one of the wildcard spots to go to the 2nd place team in this division, be it MIN or GB.
SOUTH: Atlanta is undefeated, so that kind of speaks for itself. However, while I'm confident they're playoff bound, they have had some weaknesses exposed, and certain playoff matchups could be surprised in a one-and-done fashion
WEST: 9ers. None of the rest of the division seems to be in that "elite" status every week to take back the division lead.

/Rant
Way to go out on a limb.  You just listed the current leader of each division.  I'm not sold on the Bears, and GB is looming back there at 4-3.  And Baltimore is banged up.  I could see them slipping.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 6:29am
Man Peyton looked good last night.  I really liked how he audibled so many run plays.  To me, it shows his ability to just see the football field in a different way.  It must be frustrating as a D coach to realize he's seeing things before you're calling them!

In other news, if, and I mean a big IF the Broncos can get through a muddled AFC (good schedule from here out), and the Giants can keep winning... Manning v Manning for the crown?
That would be cool.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 7:32am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Way to go out on a limb.  You just listed the current leader of each division.  I'm not sold on the Bears, and GB is looming back there at 4-3.  And Baltimore is banged up.  I could see them slipping.

Oye! I'm gettin called out a lot today! lol. I did post current division leaders, but to that end, I have watched all the teams play, and very few teams in the 2-3 spots have shown any real consistent momentum to overtake the lead. GB will likely end up with a spot (be it leader or WC). And the Vikings could put together Bal certainly is injured; I'm hoping the bye week allowed them to recuperate a bit, but Lewis being out is a huge hit. Whether he's 100% or not, he's a huge mental presence for opposing offenses. . Pitt started off slow but they seem to be coming together (I dont necessarily enjoy saying that; not a Steeler fan).
Either way, we're only half way through the season, and I'd probably call myself a bit brash for making such assumptions so early. Likely shoulda just left his post alone lol.

Manning was indeed on fire last night! The audibles were frequent, but well called (as the sustained drives and ass-load of points shows). Denver games have become fun to watch in more than just the 4th quarters now! The Jets... ehhhh lol
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 8:41am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

In other news, if, and I mean a big IF the Broncos can get through a muddled AFC (good schedule from here out), and the Giants can keep winning... Manning v Manning for the crown?
That would be cool.

That would be a great Super Bowl seeing two future Hall of Famer's go at it head to head in the big game. 
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 8:54am
Eli vs. Peyton would be a great Super Bowl matchup. Anybody know what their head-to-head record is?
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by lightning80

Eli vs. Peyton would be a great Super Bowl matchup. Anybody know what their head-to-head record is?
Best I can find is Peyton has beaten Eli twice.  Or should I say, Peyton's team has beaten Eli's team twice, since they don't actually compete head to head per se.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 10:28am
Niners had about 10 days off. Should be well rested, somewhat healed and slightly rusty. Hope they can carry on with the winning tradition since the SF Giants won the world series.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 11:05am
Originally posted by solocreep

Niners had about 10 days off. Should be well rested, somewhat healed and slightly rusty. Hope they can carry on with the winning tradition since the SF Giants won the world series.

They should have no problem beating the Cards, but if A. Smith starts struggling, I can see the Cards getting an upset win. Although that's gonna depend on if they can actually put up points against the 49ers, which isn't a easy thing to do. The match up doesn't really interest me too much, but I have two players from both teams going in fantasy. That should make it a little more interesting.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:54pm
The cars are hard to gauge I think, sometimes they look like a championship calibre defense and sometimes not so much. I'll go with the 9ers tonight
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 8:36pm
man, niners barely gave atlanta any yardage...everything went right that game

if only we could prove ourselves to a real team...since...atlanta is uh...atlanta...
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 10:34pm
The only teams that aren't leading their division currently that I can see overtaking the leader are Green Bay, and possibly someone overtaking the Ravens.
JBburton 18 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Oye! I'm gettin called out a lot today! lol. I did post current division leaders, but to that end, I have watched all the teams play, and very few teams in the 2-3 spots have shown any real consistent momentum to overtake the lead. GB will likely end up with a spot (be it leader or WC). And the Vikings could put together Bal certainly is injured; I'm hoping the bye week allowed them to recuperate a bit, but Lewis being out is a huge hit. Whether he's 100% or not, he's a huge mental presence for opposing offenses. . Pitt started off slow but they seem to be coming together (I dont necessarily enjoy saying that; not a Steeler fan).
Either way, we're only half way through the season, and I'd probably call myself a bit brash for making such assumptions so early. Likely shoulda just left his post alone lol.

Manning was indeed on fire last night! The audibles were frequent, but well called (as the sustained drives and ass-load of points shows). Denver games have become fun to watch in more than just the 4th quarters now! The Jets... ehhhh lol

My picks for division leads are Giants, Bears, Falcons, and 49ers in the NFC.  First wildcard be Green Bay, second is open to anyone IMO.  Minnesota won't stay consistent i feel, and other teams may come up out of nowhere.  I feel like the Falcons will have another 13-3, 14-2 like season and have an early exit in their first game.  I guess I will go with Giants Bears in the NFC championship this year.

For the AFC, I'm going with Pats, Steelers, Texans, and Broncos for division leads.  Wildcard spots are gonna be interesting this year.  Ravens will win one, but they aren't making it far.  They can't stop the run this year for shit (30th in the League?) and without Ray Lewis in the middle they are screwed in that regard.  Especially being in the north as the weather gets colder.  The rest of the AFC is just a mess.  I think Indy is going down soon, as I do not see them competing against much of their remaining schedule.  Besides a maybe few good performances (GB and maybe MIN, but MIN is inconsistent), they have been shaky or terrible against other mediocre/shitty teams, like losing to Jacksonville at home and getting blown out by the Tebows, err, Jets.  Maybe Cincy will pull it out, but who knows.  

Peyton has been playing better than ever of late.  If they keep playing like they did these last 1 and a quarter games, watch out.  Besides one quarter in the second week of the season, Peyton has been nearly unstoppable, and they were also close to winning that as well as a few fumbles away from possibly making a statement against NE.  Manning-Brady AFC Championship maybe?  Too early to call, but it would be sweet.

As for the Matt Barkley sweepstakes, I'm gonna pick the Chiefs, as they look absolutely TERRIBLE.  Must suck to be a Chiefs fan.

As for the guy above, I think you meant ARIZONA
shredBATALEON: (4:06 PM) dude jb your being such a dutch bag man
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 11:54pm
Damn, A.Smith was almost flawless in that stomping they gave the Cardinals.  18/19  232 with 3 td.  Looks like the Cards are back to being that iffy team again. Figured that would happen soon. And I think their schedule is kinda tough from here on out.  Bears vs Titans this coming up week. Hopefully our offense get their sht together!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 3:14am
Originally posted by shing02

man, niners barely gave atlanta any yardage...everything went right that game

if only we could prove ourselves to a real team...since...atlanta is uh...atlanta...
Atlanta is indeed Atlanta, and they're undefeated.  Not sure what that has to do with the 49ers.  But if you want to replace all of those Atlantas with Arizonas, we might be in business.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 5:57am
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Damn, A.Smith was almost flawless in that stomping they gave the Cardinals.  18/19  232 with 3 td.  Looks like the Cards are back to being that iffy team again. Figured that would happen soon. And I think their schedule is kinda tough from here on out.  Bears vs Titans this coming up week. Hopefully our offense get their sht together!

If there is any team that a team can usually get rolling against it's the titans.  Their D isn't good.  Cutler and Marshall should have a good day.  
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 6:02am
Originally posted by JBburton 18

As for the Matt Barkley sweepstakes, I'm gonna pick the Chiefs, as they look absolutely TERRIBLE.  Must suck to be a Chiefs fan.
They really are terrible and starting to make me nervous.  They are one good QB away from being a very solid team though.  I am hoping they pick up at least 3 or 4 more wins this season to get out of that top draft spot.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 6:10am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

They really are terrible and starting to make me nervous.  They are one good QB away from being a very solid team though.  I am hoping they pick up at least 3 or 4 more wins this season to get out of that top draft spot.

I'm not so sure they are a QB away from a solid team.  The D looks terrible and the O Line is also terrible.  Their QB's can't stay upright due to the O Line allowing a four man rush to blow through them.  Their D gave up 38 points to the Buccaneers and made Josh Freeman look like Aaron Rodgers.  
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 6:15am
Niners starting to pull away in the NFC west.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 6:22am
Originally posted by letourneau41

I'm not so sure they are a QB away from a solid team.  The D looks terrible and the O Line is also terrible.  Their QB's can't stay upright due to the O Line allowing a four man rush to blow through them.  Their D gave up 38 points to the Buccaneers and made Josh Freeman look like Aaron Rodgers.  
Freeman has actually been having a decent year though.  TB has put up pretty good points in most of their wins.  I haven't watched Chiefs games so you very well could be right about all the deficiencies.  That being said, I still don't want the having a top pick Big smile
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 6:25am
freeman is turning out to be a good fantasy QB this year also. maybe jackson made rivers a lot better and is now doing the same for freeman
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 9:18am
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Almost! Though the stat they posted about QBs whose record he broke.. (Craig Morton (1977 Denver) and Fran Tarkenton (1977 Minnesota)).. I had not heard much of before! I recall Tarkenton's name being brought up, but Craig Morton completely eludes me. <searches> Hm.. They both had really long NFL careers (each played 18 years). But i suppose since both their careers ended before i was born, I get a bit of leeway :D

Anyhoo.. The lack of depth/talent/whatever at Arizona's corner positions was made brutally apparent last night. It doesn't matter who's behind center at this point, cuz they're probably gonna end up injured. SF made quick work on Skelton last night. And the commentators were exactly correct, since the line cant hold on a run, and the line can't keep the QB protected, its REALLY easy to make defensive calls on em. Rough, ROUGH night for the cards. And i expect GB to bring some heat in on em this upcoming Sunday, too.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 6:13pm
V.Jackson is a fantasy beast this. I grabbed him and Gonzalez in a trade for Fred Jackson and Brent Celek at the start of the eyar, it's turned out to be the ultimate fleecing.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 4:39am
Kansas City @ San Diego tonight on NFL Network.  Feel the excitement.  I wonder if San Diego will figure out a way to lose this one.  It won't be easy, because I'm sure KC wants to lose too.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 5:13am

Kansas City @ San Diego tonight on NFL Network.  Feel the excitement.  I wonder if San Diego will figure out a way to lose this one.  It won't be easy, because I'm sure KC wants to lose too.

Considering KC hasn't lead a game at any point this season during regulation I'm guessing that San Diego is going to come up with a win.  Should be a fun game to watch considering Cassel and Rivers both love to turn ball over.  
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 5:15am

I see an epic battle between Rivers and mediocrity.  In the end, KC smacks him around a bit though.  He will definitely whine.  That's pretty much the only guarentee. 

j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 6:57am
This is gonna be one ugly football game. SD knows KC can't protect the QB, so I expect blitzes, and Rivers is.. well.. Rivers, so i expect a pick or two. Both these teams have some holes though, so despite its ugliness, it could turn out to be a good match to watch. Kinda glad im takin the day off from the gym :)
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 7:10am
chargers vs. chiefs...does it really matter whether they play this game or not? oh, wait, it does...it decides who gets a lower pick...
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 8:54am

chargers vs. chiefs...does it really matter whether they play this game or not? oh, wait, it does...it decides who gets a lower pick...

KC NEEDS to win this game to keep the Chargers off the Broncos tail, and to lower KC's draft spot. 
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 8:59am

KC NEEDS to win this game to keep the Chargers off the Broncos tail, and to lower KC's draft spot. 

I want KC to win, but they probably just want to hold a lead for at least a minute. Small steps....
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 9:06am
Falcons = SUPERBOWL CHAMPS 2012/2013!!! the Cowboys are about to get murdered this Sunday.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 9:15am
Originally posted by cds4288

Falcons = SUPERBOWL CHAMPS 2012/2013!!! the Cowboys are about to get murdered this Sunday.

i wouldn't be surprised if the falcons beat the cowboys this sunday. but, i'd love to see the falcons get their first loss Star
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 9:23am

The Falcons are a LONG was from being champions.  Have you looked at their schedule they have played?  The only winning team they have played this season in the Broncos.  They have had a very week schedule.  We will see how they do in the 2nd half of their schedule.  They look good but I wouldn't say they have proven much yet.  
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 9:31am
I was sad to see Ray Lewis out for the season. My Ravens Superbowl hopes are slowly dwindling.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 9:37am
Yeah they do have a good ways to go but I think they really are doing some good things and at least have a chance. Everyone they play looks pretty bad except for the Giants, looking at the records at this time. Who do you think looks better for now??
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 11:37am

i wouldn't be surprised if the falcons beat the cowboys this sunday. but, i'd love to see the falcons get their first loss Star

If Romo can stop being pick-tacular, I would actually pick this as my potential upset game of the week. The Cowboys have compiled a ton of yards (383 ydsPG average), they just haven't turned em into points (19.6 PPG; again, turnovers). Avoid those, and it could be a good night for Dallas in Atlanta.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 11:49am
My other favorite team that could also be a Super Bowl contender is DA BEARS!! Only one loss so far and beatinig the others teams pretty bad. They are actually my favorite. Too bad they won't play the Falcons in regular season.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 12:44pm

Yeah they do have a good ways to go but I think they really are doing some good things and at least have a chance. Everyone they play looks pretty bad except for the Giants, looking at the records at this time. Who do you think looks better for now??
They should have smoked the Broncos winning the turnover battle 4-0, but only pulled out a 6 point win.  They are definitely good this year, and will easily take the NFCS, but if they aren't careful they will be one and done again in this years playoffs unless they get tested the remainder of the season.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 1:09pm
Doesn't Matt Ryan and the Falcons struggle in the playoffs?
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 1:39pm
The Falcons will cruise to a division title, and then be a one-and-done team in the playoffs once they face a team with a good defense and a competent offense.

They should've killed the Broncos, like someone said, but they barely squeezed out a win. And then they barely beat an awful Carolina Panthers team, AT home.

Good team, but not Super Bowl contenders.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 1:57pm
Tonights game is going to be a joke. Two teams that play some sloppy football going at it. I'm picking Chargers to win this though. Although I wouldn't be one bit surprised if KC somehow won this. 
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 2:00pm
The only thing I can hope for out of tonight's game s that it's close at the end. I can't see it reaching any great heights, hopefully Charles rips a few nice runs off to make it entertaining
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 6:53pm
That game was close till the 4th. Then got outta hand real quick.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 12:46am
Got out of hand really quickly, huge hit on Charles hopefully he's good to go next week. Was a terribly boring game to watch
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 4:08am

My other favorite team that could also be a Super Bowl contender is DA BEARS!! Only one loss so far and beatinig the others teams pretty bad. They are actually my favorite. Too bad they won't play the Falcons in regular season.
Something tells me you have several favorite teams, and they tend to be teams with exceptional records.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 4:44am
HOLY HELL KC is terrible!!!

Worked for me since it hooked me up in fantasy starting the Chargers D, but man I am really starting to worry KC is going to get a top 3 picks this season.  It's almost like they are trying for that now.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 5:00am
The Chiefs are the first team to not hold a lead during the first 8 games since the 1929 Buffalo Bisons. Wow
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 5:36am
Originally posted by diviesti

The Chiefs are the first team to not hold a lead during the first 8 games since the 1929 Buffalo Bisons. Wow

Also known as officially the last season of the Buffalo Bisons.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 6:31am

HOLY HELL KC is terrible!!!

Worked for me since it hooked me up in fantasy starting the Chargers D, but man I am really starting to worry KC is going to get a top 3 picks this season.  It's almost like they are trying for that now.

Probably, and they'll probably be dumb and draft another QB they can't protect. The Chiefs play awful, are managed awful, and even with Rivers' less-than-stellar performance (and it's not hard to look stellar against KC), they showed no desire to win. There were sparks of hope from the defense for the first half, but the offense shit the bed enough that the D was likely just exhausted, allowing SD to capitalize.
That game was a mess.

All the early Sunday games seem to hold at least some entertainment value. DEN/CIN should be especially good, as both are trying to prove they're legitimate contenders.
Cleveland might be able to continue with their momentum of last week's win against a very banged up Baltimore squad. (My money's still on the Ravens, though)
Green Bay will likely decimate Arizona. Their LT/RT issues are just ridiculous. GB's defense isn't great, but they have enough blitz schemes to make this game an embarrassment in a hurry.
IND/MIA have both had sparks of brilliance this season (both nearly equaled in WTF moments). Could be a page turner of a game!
CAR/WAS features two running QBs, which should make for some exciting plays. (Though, the redskins have a notably better run D, so I'll give em the edge).
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 8:54am
Niners have been off since forever. A Thursday night game then a Monday nighter. Now a bye week.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 4:28pm
The Chiefs are destined for a top 3 pick there's no doubting that. Which direction should they go with the pick it's probably too early to speculate on that. It really wasn't that poor of a showing they just had a couple of things go wrong that lead to defensive TD's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 43>