0 Staff | 12 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 399,906 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3233343536 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by dvdngu

Originally posted by letourneau41

I was hoping that the Seahawks would pull it off as well.  Gotta love Russell Wilson.
The first field goal that was kicked didnt make it..... but SOMEONE called a time out. Dead

Statistically speaking, icing the kicker doesn't even work. Wasn't a fan of that call either, but ya know after the timeout and seeing the botched kick, Carrol knew the second was gonna go in :| lol
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 1:58pm
yeah..icing the kicker doesn't work...and you definitely don't do it so late that the kicker get a free "practice" shot...
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 5:50pm
R.I.P vikings... let there be hockey!!!
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 7:44pm
Calling the timeout so close to the kick is stupid if you asked me. Just call it as soon as they line up so to maximise the time the kicker has to think about the kick but stopping him from having a practice kick.

twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Originally posted by Von44

Very disappointing to see the Packers lose. Great game by Kaepernick. Totally played out of his mind. Packers seriously need to improve on D. Tired of seeing this part of the game being their downfall.

Packers also need to get a better O-line so Rodgers isn't playing from his back the whole game.

No one can doubt the decision to play Kaepernick over Alex Smith now. It's obvious Smith couldn't have played a better game than what Kapernick did. Crabtree finally living up to his expectations, thanks to Kaepernick.

not JUST that but the chemistry between CK and crabtree! it's shtooking AWESOME to watch them play!
it's like another jerry rice and steve young OR montanna!
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 10:43pm
The 9ers would have to be ecstatic with Crabtree's development. As sad as it is for Alex Smith, the change to CK is the best for the team. I still find it hard to fathom how Smith lost his job initially, Kaepernick obviously must have been doing amzing things behind the scenes at practice etc
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 3:15am
Originally posted by sideways99

Originally posted by rurchan

I'm glad Ravens won, Ray Lewis deserves a ring before he retires. He's soooo good. I'm glad he's gonna be an analyst
He already has a ring.

Yeah, a guy who plea bargains his way out of murder charges and testifies against his buddies deserves a 2nd ring.    I'm sure the families of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar feel Ray Ray deserves another ring, too.

I agree 100%, Ray Lewis should be wearing prison gear.  I wouldn't mind seeing a Patriot ripping Ray's arm right off.
Backside10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 5:04am
Originally posted by ctoma

I'm glad Ravens won, Ray Lewis deserves a ring before he retires. He's soooo good. I'm glad he's gonna be an analyst
He already has a ring.

Yeah, a guy who plea bargains his way out of murder charges and testifies against his buddies deserves a 2nd ring.    I'm sure the families of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar feel Ray Ray deserves another ring, too.

I agree 100%, Ray Lewis should be wearing prison gear.  I wouldn't mind seeing a Patriot ripping Ray's arm right off.

Prison gear, haha, I have had this same visual about Ray for years. It's always like they let him off the cell block to come play the game or something.
Nitro Rook 156, Burton Cartels
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 5:23am
Originally posted by Backside10

Originally posted by ctoma

He already has a ring.

Prison gear, haha, I have had this same visual about Ray for years. It's always like they let him off the cell block to come play the game or something.

I've been surprised over the years of his NFL career that the fact that he literally got away with murder has rarely come up. Nice to see some other people have never forgotten what he got away with or what he actually knows.

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 7:15am
we don't have to worry about ray lewis getting another ring...they can't beat the patriots..and even if they do..they can't beat the niners (who i think will beat the falcons). my predictions: Pats vs. 49ers in the SB.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 10:30am

we don't have to worry about ray lewis getting another ring...they can't beat the patriots..and even if they do..they can't beat the niners (who i think will beat the falcons). my predictions: Pats vs. 49ers in the SB.
I dont like both the niners and the Falcons, but I really hope the niners win....
Falcons just aren't that good of a team.....so surprised they made it this far....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by jjfreak

I dont like both the niners and the Falcons, but I really hope the niners win....
Falcons just aren't that good of a team.....so surprised they made it this far....

how are the falcons not a good team?  they have a nasty offense and their D isn't bad either
MOAR powderz plz!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by MTpow

how are the falcons not a good team?  they have a nasty offense and their D isn't bad either

And they were the #1 seed.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by MTpow

Their offense is really the only thing going on for them. The main problem they have is being able to close out games. They start out good, but they always seem to do worse in the 4th qtr.  There is just no way they beat SF, that's for damn sure.  49ers look like the clear favorite to win the Superbowl. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 12:09pm
im definately pulling for he falcons for sure. especially way before i go for a west coast team. ATL is 3 hours away so im pulling for the south.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 2:23pm
ATL had a PRETTY soft season up until now...and even then, you could argue that the seahawks were garbage up until it "counted"

i don't think it will be a cake-walk for the 49ers but i think this is the falcon's one true chance to really test themselves

on that note, we're one step closer to the "master plan", aren't we...RAVENS?
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 2:56pm
I never believed in the Falcons all season. I couldn't believe that they were winning some of the games that they did. I was also expecting the Seahawks to run a train on them but they proved me wrong. I've been wrong about a lot of things this season but I really hope I'm not wrong about the Falcons. I only see them beating my niners if they have the deep ball working for them. If they can keep the Smith brothers from pressuring Ryan then they might have a chance, but hopefully Justin is ready and they can get the ball rolling on some sacks. I don't see the falcons being able to stop our ground game especially with the read option that was devastating against gb. I think the niners win, not a blow out, but comfortably.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

I never believed in the Falcons all season. I couldn't believe that they were winning some of the games that they did. I was also expecting the Seahawks to run a train on them but they proved me wrong. I've been wrong about a lot of things this season but I really hope I'm not wrong about the Falcons. I only see them beating my niners if they have the deep ball working for them. If they can keep the Smith brothers from pressuring Ryan then they might have a chance, but hopefully Justin is ready and they can get the ball rolling on some sacks. I don't see the falcons being able to stop our ground game especially with the read option that was devastating against gb. I think the niners win, not a blow out, but comfortably.

Justin Smith isn't really drawing a double team. It doesn't look like he's 100% but he's still effective. Going with the Niners on this one. I'm okay with either AFC team in the superbowl.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

Justin Smith isn't really drawing a double team. It doesn't look like he's 100% but he's still effective. Going with the Niners on this one. I'm okay with either AFC team in the superbowl.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 5:22pm
I'm going with Patriots and the 9ers. Would love to see that matchup
shurst94 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Bretton Woods Peak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 6:38pm
I was at their regular season game in Foxboro, GREAT GAME! Really pulling for that superbowl!
rhcpclassic View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
First day of the 2012/13 season

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

I'm going with Patriots and the 9ers. Would love to see that matchup

+1
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 9:28pm
I'm rooting for the 49ers for this Super Bowl out of the teams that are left
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 10:16pm
I'd like the Pats or 9ers to win it. Brady to add to his legacy and 9ers because I love watching them play. Much like everyone else I don't know why but the Falcons just don't really appeal to me so not fussed how they go this weekend. Ravens are solid, they'd be great to watch if they can repeat last weeks performance
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by twolf123

ATL had a PRETTY soft season up until now...and even then, you could argue that the seahawks were garbage up until it "counted"

i don't think it will be a cake-walk for the 49ers but i think this is the falcon's one true chance to really test themselves

on that note, we're one step closer to the "master plan", aren't we...RAVENS?

The only time I remember the Falcons surprised me was their Monday night performance against the Broncos, where they confused Peyton Manning into throwing I think it was 3 picks?

It'd be nice to see a competitive game between the 9ers and Falcons

I'd really like to see a Har-bowl with the brothers coaching against each other, 
but the Pats are such a well oiled machine this time of year that their tough to stop, w/ or w/o Gronkowski.
Long hair don't care!
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:07am
If you think the patriots arent going to win the Superbowl this year, you're out of you're head.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 5:01am
Originally posted by xxbeachbum0804xx

If you think the patriots arent going to win the Superbowl this year, you're out of you're head.

I said the same thing last year, losing Gronkowski really hurts the Pats.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 5:32am
Well see. The pats still have to face the ravens d and possibly the niners too. The deep threat of torrey smith is also worrying the pats.
MurphyMasta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 5:35am
Im going to the AFC championship this weekend woohoo. GO pats!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 5:58am
Well, after the first game of the year I said the 49ers to win... I guess I'm doing ok in that department.  The 9er falcon game is going to be a good one.  
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 6:07am
Pats would have won the superbowl last year if welker caught that pass late in the 4th. That was with an ineffective gronk.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 6:55am

I'd like the Pats or 9ers to win it. Brady to add to his legacy and 9ers because I love watching them play. Much like everyone else I don't know why but the Falcons just don't really appeal to me so not fussed how they go this weekend. Ravens are solid, they'd be great to watch if they can repeat last weeks performance
They are good but I can't see the Ravens getting past the Pats at this point. I mean they barely beat the Broncos where Peyton choked. But I see it being a Pats/9ers SB where Pats win the whole shabang even without gronk.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 6:57am

They are good but I can't see the Ravens getting past the Pats at this point. I mean they barely beat the Broncos where Peyton choked. But I see it being a Pats/9ers SB where Pats win the whole shabang even without gronk.

I couldn't see the Raven's getting past the Broncos either.  And just because they "barely" got past them, that doesn't mean they can't barely get past the Patriots.  You only need to win by 1 point.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 7:06am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I couldn't see the Raven's getting past the Broncos either.  And just because they "barely" got past them, that doesn't mean they can't barely get past the Patriots.  You only need to win by 1 point.
true, but how often do you see Brady choke in the playoffs? Ravens offense was hit or miss throughout the season as opposed to the Pats just seemed to be consistent each week. They just haven't been slowing down at all. Ravens can't rely on those hail mary passes like last week if they want to get to the SB.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 7:54am
I do think it is going to be an SF/NE superbowl though, but I think all 4 teams belong in the conference championship.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 7:55am

True, but how often do you see Brady choke in the playoffs? Ravens offense was hit or miss throughout the season as opposed to the Pats just seemed to be consistent each week. They just haven't been slowing down at all. Ravens can't rely on those hail mary passes like last week if they want to get to the SB.

Solid argument. The Belichick-Brady combo makes hell to pay for any Playoff opponent. But just as the Ravens barely squeaked by the Broncos, NE didn't look quite as sharp against Hou this go around as they did in their match-up earlier this season. Bal has been playing some inspired 2nd half football this post-season. Gotta imagine if they can keep it close, the 4th quarter will be a hell of a showing. I'll be rooting for Baltimore, (namely cuz I'm bored with NE playoff runs), but I still think NE holds the edge and will take this game.

After Kaep's showing last week.. it's hard to pick against em in ATL. Atl was 30 seconds from being eliminated, but showed some toughness in that field goal drive to win it (though, they showed some idiocy in the ensuing kick off lol). I don't imagine Kaep having quite as stellar of a game against the Falcons, but I'll pick SF anyway.

In other news.... Chip Kelly WILL become the Eagles head coach.  Bad decision? I think so.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 8:10am
I think the Bears messed up by hiring a guy that hasn't been in the NFL for over 8 years.  That's quite a risk. 
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 8:14am
I think bears messed up by firing Lovie Smith in the first place without having a solid plan and coach waiting on deck.  After that mistake, this guy is just a gamble.  They should have spent their time hiring people who can protect their quarterback and tailback.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

True, but how often do you see Brady choke in the playoffs? Ravens offense was hit or miss throughout the season as opposed to the Pats just seemed to be consistent each week. They just haven't been slowing down at all. Ravens can't rely on those hail mary passes like last week if they want to get to the SB.

Solid argument. The Belichick-Brady combo makes hell to pay for any Playoff opponent. But just as the Ravens barely squeaked by the Broncos, NE didn't look quite as sharp against Hou this go around as they did in their match-up earlier this season. Bal has been playing some inspired 2nd half football this post-season. Gotta imagine if they can keep it close, the 4th quarter will be a hell of a showing. I'll be rooting for Baltimore, (namely cuz I'm bored with NE playoff runs), but I still think NE holds the edge and will take this game.

After Kaep's showing last week.. it's hard to pick against em in ATL. Atl was 30 seconds from being eliminated, but showed some toughness in that field goal drive to win it (though, they showed some idiocy in the ensuing kick off lol). I don't imagine Kaep having quite as stellar of a game against the Falcons, but I'll pick SF anyway.

In other news.... Chip Kelly WILL become the Eagles head coach.  Bad decision? I think so.

I don't think that Pats need to choke to lose to the Ravens.  Flacco (the 70 yards hail mary that should have never happened aside) has been outperforming that Flacco that you think about when you think Ravens.  I think it should be a good game.  
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 9:37am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I don't think that Pats need to choke to lose to the Ravens.  Flacco (the 70 yards hail mary that should have never happened aside) has been outperforming that Flacco that you think about when you think Ravens.  I think it should be a good game.  

Totally! Flacco's been playin some good ball, too. And certainly has done better in his road games than (like you said) the Flacco that comes to mind when the Ravens are brought into discussion. While I stated my picks already, I don't feel terribly confident in em. Just hoping I get at least one of em right this week. Went 1-3 last week.. YUCK!
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by letourneau41

I think the Bears messed up by hiring a guy that hasn't been in the NFL for over 8 years.  That's quite a risk. 
I think it's a hilarious joke of a hire! The CFL, Come On?!?! That's where all of the guys who can't cut it in the NFL end up, players & coaches alike. Can't wait for next season to watch the disaster that the bears will be! LOL
goalieman24 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:20pm

Barely?? Maybe I'm seeing things, but wasn't Denver the #1 seed? Baltimore also put up 38 on the number 2 or 3 ranked defense.

If Baltimore special teams had played better, there's 14 pts back. Flacco and Smith just missed on at least 1 other deep ball that would've been a sure touchdown, I think there were 2 missed actually. So that makes for a 21, possibly 28 point swing. If you ask me, Denver "barely" escaped a total stomping... and Peyton had zero to do with any of those situations.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:22pm
well..hiring coordinators to become head coaches are hit and miss..taking one that's already a head coach might work better...but who knows...
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by goalieman24

Barely?? Maybe I'm seeing things, but wasn't Denver the #1 seed? Baltimore also put up 38 on the number 2 or 3 ranked defense.
If Baltimore special teams had played better, there's 14 pts back. Flacco and Smith just missed on at least 1 other deep ball that would've been a sure touchdown, I think there were 2 missed actually. So that makes for a 21, possibly 28 point swing. If you ask me, Denver "barely" escaped a total stomping... and Peyton had zero to do with any of those situations.
There were lots of things that were screwey in that game... how 'bout the Raven's pick 6 TD... a tip drill because the Bronco reciever was being held and the defender got away with it?  how about how the Ravens were 3rd and long, and the Broncos got a BS pass interference called against them very early in the game?  Change those two plays and you have another 14 point swing.
And Denver's deep coverage getting blown to bits? that was just pathetic. :-/
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 3:03pm
Chicago let go of Lovie Smith and got Marc Trestman? Idk bout that one. Gotta see how that one pans out.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 6:48pm
Trestman has been around and has a decent resume. Just because he isn't coming from one of the storied college programs no one knows about him
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 10:46pm

Trestman has been around and has a decent resume. Just because he isn't coming from one of the storied college programs no one knows about him

I remember when he was the OC for the Niners. And it wasn't great. I hear he won two championships in like the Canadian league or something like that as a HC. He's starting with a good bears team that went 10-6 (I think) but if he's the same guy I remember from the niner days. It won't turn out well. So like I stated above, we're just gonna have to wait and see how it turns out. I doubt he does better than Smith. And he took Rex Grossman to the superbowl.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 8:22am
Yes, it is easy to second guess a choice, but let's be honest, compared to the Chicago Bears organization, we really don't know anything.

Eager to see how it turns out.  Let's go 2013-2014 season!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 9:38am
Originally posted by marry

hi,
welcom to this forum site,here you can find lots of thing, i suggest you for your problem you have to contact any other expert, righ know i am not able to give you answer sorry for that
thanks
top ten classified website

Wtf are you talking about?  Nice spam.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 5:11am
It would suck if both Harbaugh's don't make the superbowl again this year....haha
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 43>