0 Staff | 3 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 421,341 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MurphyMasta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2012/2013 Season!
    Posted: Jul/12/2012 at 1:20pm
Feeling pretty good about this season for the Pats. I still am astonished we even made it to the superbowl last year with our defense. This year is going to be great hopefully chandler jones will step up and be a standout db. Dont'a hightower is also a beast so i think he will atleast do good work for our defense. From what iv'e seen Dont'a was a great player at alabama
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Originally posted by grapeape2669

Originally posted by Geez

Why is everyone handing the division to the 49ers?  Weird things happen every year and there is always one favored team that under-performs and another that comes out of nowhere.  The Niners have the most talent and the best defense, but the NFL season is super unpredictable.
No, the 49ers will win the NFC West without a problem.  The main reason is that the other teams are garbage.  I totally agree with you in every other division in football.

Uh no.

The other teams are not "garbage". The Seahawks had a top 10 defense last year, and a solid back in Lynch. They remind me a lot of the Niners a few years back, talented defense, but a suspect offense and IMHO, a sub-par coach.
If not for Ginn's 2 special team TDs in the home opener, the first game would have been much closer, and the second game at Seattle was a battle too.
The Cardinals also have a very solid defense, and did you forget they beat us at home last year?

The Rams are on the rise as well, they are young, have a good coach, and are in a rebuilding phase. They should compete for the division in a few years.

Like I said, it is the Niners' division to lose this year, but to say that they will "win it without a problem" is laughable.
You probably made the same argument last year, and then SF cruised.  The Seahawks had a top 10 defense last year, and were still 7-9.  The Cardinals are just average in every way, and the Rams won 2 games last year.  Rebuilding phase or not, they suck right now.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 6:29am

Why is everyone handing the division to the 49ers?  Weird things happen every year and there is always one favored team that under-performs and another that comes out of nowhere.  The Niners have the most talent and the best defense, but the NFL season is super unpredictable.
No, the 49ers will win the NFC West without a problem.  The main reason is that the other teams are garbage.  I totally agree with you in every other division in football.

Uh no.

The other teams are not "garbage". The Seahawks had a top 10 defense last year, and a solid back in Lynch. They remind me a lot of the Niners a few years back, talented defense, but a suspect offense and IMHO, a sub-par coach.
If not for Ginn's 2 special team TDs in the home opener, the first game would have been much closer, and the second game at Seattle was a battle too.
The Cardinals also have a very solid defense, and did you forget they beat us at home last year?

The Rams are on the rise as well, they are young, have a good coach, and are in a rebuilding phase. They should compete for the division in a few years.

Like I said, it is the Niners' division to lose this year, but to say that they will "win it without a problem" is laughable.
You probably made the same argument last year, and then SF cruised.  The Seahawks had a top 10 defense last year, and were still 7-9.  The Cardinals are just average in every way, and the Rams won 2 games last year.  Rebuilding phase or not, they suck right now.

The same argument last year? We had a brand new coach in a lockout shortened season, and let a bunch of our defensive starters walk in free agency, I thought we were going to suck ass, but Harbaugh shocked the NFL and took us to 13-3.

You're assuming that the other teams in the division are staying stagnant while the Niners get better. If the Cardinals or Seahawks get even average play at the QB position, they could compete for the division title, the Niners won't go 13-3 this year.  Every single team in the division theoretically got "better", and like I said, it is the Niners' division to lose, but to say they will win it "easily" is asinine and homer-ish.
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 6:41am
clearly you are still hungover....just got ur txt Wink
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 5:53am
Brees $100M contract. Daaang. If N.O. ever gets hit by a hurricane again, dont wait for the government, hit up Drew Brees for some pocket change.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 6:41am
Who Dat Making Bank In N.O.?!?!?! Now that's a contract, huh?
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 9:01am
They finally got it done.  Clearly the Saints hardline tactics saved them some money... um no.  I guess any ill feelings get rinsed off pretty easily when you are getting $60mil guaranteed.
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 9:04am

They finally got it done.  Clearly the Saints hardline tactics saved them some money... um no.  I guess any ill feelings get rinsed off pretty easily when you are getting $60mil guaranteed.

Actually in the end it benefited both sides. Brees got paid and the saints saved a good chunk of cap space. Win-win

Also I highly doubt there would be any ill feelings on either side they both know it's a business and it was never the money as much as the structure
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 9:34pm
Holy geez thats a lot of moolah! and thats SAVING cap space?! sounds strange!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2012 at 7:55am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Holy geez thats a lot of moolah! and thats SAVING cap space?! sounds strange!

It has to do with the owner being able to pay cash, the structure of the contract and a lot of technical stuff Chris mortensen explained on SC. I thought it sounded strange too but I'm sure Mort knows what he's talkin about
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2012 at 5:44pm
After some thinking, that's a lot of money for someone who has trouble winning a playoff game on the road.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by solocreep

After some thinking, that's a lot of money for someone who has trouble winning a playoff game on the road.

He's won a Super Bowl and was the Super Bowl MVP...
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 3:16am

What was their backup plan?  They didn't have one.  New Orleans would have rioted if the Saints didn't get Brees signed.  If he had really wanted to cause trouble, he could have gotten even more money out of them sadly.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 4:56am
Fak, summers cruising bye with most training camps starting shortly, time to start mock drafting out my ass.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 5:04am
I'm noy saying dont sign him. Just saying "maybe" $100M is a bit much. Yeah he helped win a superbowl, broke Marino's record, etc. pro athletes contracts are a bit much and fans help pay them.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 7:27am

I'm noy saying dont sign him. Just saying "maybe" $100M is a bit much. Yeah he helped win a superbowl, broke Marino's record, etc. pro athletes contracts are a bit much and fans help pay them.

The problem is, Brees wouldn't sign for less and would have sat out..and the Saints didn't have anyone to fall back on. Who's the backup QB? Chase Daniel? Luke McCown? Brees' agent probably asked the Saints the same question and sat back and smirked.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 8:03am

I've never understood the whole "I got to do what is best for my family" mentality at this high of a level. This might just be me but I would rather take less money, say $75 million stay in the place that worships me for the rest of my career and give the team some extra capspace to sign better players around me to help win some games.

Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 9:11am
The thing is, Brees is loved by the Saints organization, it's fans, plus he is admired by many around the NFL. I fvcking hate the Saints almost as much as I hate the Seahawks, but I really like Brees.
Add the fact that he is a very high figurehead in the NFLPA, and you get a very complicated contract situation. If Brees, as a leader of the NFLPA, is not able to get the contract that, in my opinion, he deserves, why should any other players get contracts that they deserve? There was more at play than just Brees and the Saints.

Good for Brees though, classy guy and he finally got his payday after getting shat on by the Chargers. And if somehow this messes up the Saints organization due to cap space later on, and they have to let other key players go, I'm even more happy. That awful franchise can go back to mediocrity.
randman24 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 10:53am
ya ready for football wish the broncos would have kept tebow he would have been a better suit there.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by randman24

ya ready for football wish the broncos would have kept tebow he would have been a better suit there.

I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by randman24

While would've initially agreed with you, a number of interviews with other Broncos players following the trade led me to believe many of them were disgruntled with Tebow's mannerisms. I'm not quite sure what he'll be doing for the Jets, but I don't like the Jets anyway.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 5:39pm
And if you had Dez Bryant in your office pool for NFL players getting arrested this offseason, you are the winner!  In other news, water is wet.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 3:13am
Originally posted by diviesti

I've never understood the whole "I got to do what is best for my family" mentality at this high of a level. This might just be me but I would rather take less money, say $75 million stay in the place that worships me for the rest of my career and give the team some extra capspace to sign better players around me to help win some games.

That's easy to say when you have no chance of ever making $75 million.  But if you know you could get $100 million doing the same job, you might think otherwise.
bagelzzz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 3:52am
Go pats!!!!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 7:05am

That's easy to say when you have no chance of ever making $75 million.  But if you know you could get $100 million doing the same job, you might think otherwise.

TRUTH. I was thinking the same thing when i read this yesterday, but was runnin around too much to make the post. Knowing so many players go bankrupt shortly after their careers, that 25m will atleast keep em afloat for another..... 3-4 months :P lol
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 7:20am
Forte and Rice and clearly two of the best RBs in the league, but hasn't history showed us that you probably shouldn't overpay for RBs?  Forte is only 26, but he has a lot of mileage on it (and didn't he get hurt last year?).  And Rice is also extremely durable, but also has been used a lot.  I guess it makes sense if you look at it like, the Bears/Ravens are close to competing for a Super Bowl, so anything to keep these guys happy b/c they are the focal point of the offense.  In that view, the moves make sense.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 7:29am
Good job Marshawn Lynch. Enjoy being suspended for a couple games.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 12:04pm

And if you had Dez Bryant in your office pool for NFL players getting arrested this offseason, you are the winner!  In other news, water is wet.

for assaulting his MOTHER! Ouch
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by lightning80

And by the sounds of it, it's a recurring theme. Here's what his mother said

"I can't keep letting him do this," said Bryant, who made a call at a nearby friend's house. "I can't keep letting him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm tired."

What a pathetic excuse of a human being
Bonitis View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 12:38pm

glad forte and rice got paid. rare to see a main back these days. especially this season, seems like every team has a RB committee. and speaking from a fantasy POV, this sucks.

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 6:12am
Originally posted by RastaRider

And by the sounds of it, it's a recurring theme. Here's what his mother said

"I can't keep letting him do this," said Bryant, who made a call at a nearby friend's house. "I can't keep letting him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm tired."

What a pathetic excuse of a human being
Pretty messed up, but something tells me mama Bryant isn't innocent in all of this.  I have a sneaking suspicion that she's not a winner.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 6:37am

The National Felons League (a.k.a. - NFL) continues to amaze with their stupidity!!! Millionaire morons gone wild!

padres82 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 7:13am
CHARGERS BABY !!!!
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Bonitis

glad forte and rice got paid. rare to see a main back these days. especially this season, seems like every team has a RB committee. and speaking from a fantasy POV, this sucks.

I agree, I'm glad they got paid, they're both class acts that produce. A RB's shelf life is so short in the NFL that they're one of the few positions I think should be holding out for a good contract while they're in their prime.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 9:59am
How dumb is Elvis Dumervil? You're getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and you think it's a good idea to get road rage and flash a gun at somebody on a main drive in Miami. If he gets convicted it's a minimum 3 year prison sentence in Florida. What an idiot
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 10:13am
^Well, at least there have not been any strip-club shootings... yet.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 10:21am
Dez Bryant's mom has a long history of crack cocaine abuse, including jail time. His dad was his mom's pimp, literally. No wonder he's so messed up.

Guarantee you she isn't innocent in all this....not that I'm standing up for Bryant at all, but still.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 10:39am

Dez Bryant's mom has a long history of crack cocaine abuse, including jail time. His dad was his mom's pimp, literally. No wonder he's so messed up.

Guarantee you she isn't innocent in all this....not that I'm standing up for Bryant at all, but still.

It all probably started by the mom asking Dez for more money to spend on drugs and he said no...
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 10:48am
Right that's all pretty well documented, but if he has such a problem with her that he feels the need to use violence against her he just needs to stay away. This all happened at HER house. No excuse for putting your hands on your mother ever. Period. And anyone that does so is a pathetic human being

Of course this is all just my opinion based on the way I was brought up
Bonitis View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 12:58pm

j.kidd, DWI. Marshawn lynch, DUI.

These guys make millions of dollars...and can't afford to hire a driver?
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 1:12pm

where's the fun and excitement in hiring a driver?  same deal with plax.. why wouldn't he hire a security guard to pack his heat... cuz its way more cool to shoot yourself in the leg!  are you seeing a pattern  here?
MOAR powderz plz!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by MTpow

where's the fun and excitement in hiring a driver?  same deal with plax.. why wouldn't he hire a security guard to pack his heat... cuz its way more cool to shoot yourself in the leg!  are you seeing a pattern  here?

Kidd and Lynch both Cal guys. I guess deshawn jackson would be next.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 1:47pm
Or Aaron Rodgers ;)
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2012 at 4:52am

Or Aaron Rodgers ;)

He's king in green bay. They'll probably give him a warning.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2012 at 5:28am

It all probably started by the mom asking Dez for more money to spend on drugs and he said no...
Said no and then punched her in the face.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2012 at 7:03am
Oh brother... Vick just said he thinks the Eagles can build a dynasty.  Full disclosure, I am an Eagles fan.  And I can say with full confidence that every Eagles fan who saw that comment just cringed, especially (ESPECIALLY!) in light of the slightly less absurd "Dream Team" comment from last year.  I think this comment is worse.  The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl.  The Eagles did not make the playoffs last year.  More than 1 out of every 4 Super Bowls is won by a team from the NFC East (seriously, look it up), and the Eagles have none of those.

I really liked most-everything the organization did this offseason, but this quote will dog them all year.  Make no mistake.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2012 at 7:20am

Or Aaron Rodgers ;)

He's king in green bay. They'll probably give him a warning.

and send him home with another 6-pack...
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 5:15am

Oh brother... Vick just said he thinks the Eagles can build a dynasty.  Full disclosure, I am an Eagles fan.  And I can say with full confidence that every Eagles fan who saw that comment just cringed, especially (ESPECIALLY!) in light of the slightly less absurd "Dream Team" comment from last year.  I think this comment is worse.  The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl.  The Eagles did not make the playoffs last year.  More than 1 out of every 4 Super Bowls is won by a team from the NFC East (seriously, look it up), and the Eagles have none of those.

I really liked most-everything the organization did this offseason, but this quote will dog them all year.  Make no mistake.
First step to the Eagles building a dynasty would be to replace Vick.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 12:34pm

Ya the extra money is great, but the extra money will make it harder to win more SB's due to lack of quality depth on the team. He also makes a shit ton in endorsements as well, the more games/superbowls he wins, the bigger those paychecks get too. When its all said and done all the elite players in the NFL only care about one thing, how many Super Bowls they won. His one super bowl is tarnished by cheating now. 

I'm with Alka, I don't care about the cheating Aint's. Just trying to understand what he can't do with 75 mil that he can with 100
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 3:32am

When its all said and done all the elite players in the NFL only care about one thing, how many Super Bowls they won.
Do you really believe that?  I'm sure in many cases you are right, but a lot of these guys are greedy, and they want to get paid above all else.  A lot of them also care very deeply about their stats, and their legacy as an individual player.  Think what you want, but the Super Bowl is not the ultimate goal of every elite player.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 43>