Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Call of Duty Black Ops 2
    Posted: May/14/2012 at 1:36pm
Hey guys, I haven't seen a thread for Black Ops 2 yet so here it is. Discuss the game, upload vids, do whatever. I wanna hear your opinions!

Personally, I'm not quite sure about BO2. The crazy robot stuff looks like it could either be cool or a total bust. I'm a hardcore multiplayer guy though so we'll see how that translates too.
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 2:49pm
By seeing the trailer, i dont think im going to buy this one, and i have all the others
jackdunn View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote jackdunn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 3:01pm
When is the release date for it ?
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 3:38pm
i've all but stopped playing mw3, due to the terrible lag from a 3-bar connection.  i'm in ca, and most of my friends are on the east coast, so it's always pretty bad.  i don't remember having those issues with BO playing with the same group.  
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 4:31pm
@jackdunn it will be out November 13, 2012
trailer itself looks way too futuristic and not realistic,i hear treyarch is using the same engine platform just like with MW,looks BO2 is a being over hyped and disappointment is waiting around the corner.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 8:33pm
like i said, i'll be waiting to see what happens in multiplayer because that makes it or breaks it for me. I'm hoping they don't have like half the team play as the robots or something... Just stick with the formula that works.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 8:41pm
I am not too stroked about this game. I noticed a trend
I love a CoD game and then the next one I hate it, then again I love it.
I really love all the MW games but Black ops disappointed me last time.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 6:19am
Ill wait for some reviews about the multiplayer. The actual game is,okay for me but its all about the multiplayer.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 6:57am
Yeah, i usually play through the campaign when my internet is down or something like that.  i would say half of my friends don't even bother with the campaign.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 8:07am
Originally posted by getkong

Yeah, i usually play through the campaign when my internet is down or something like that.  i would say half of my friends don't even bother with the campaign.

I'm definitely one of the people that never both with the campaign. I think I've completed 4% of MW2 and that was the best I've done with any of the CoD games.

Not sure if I'll get BO2, I'm really tired of the revolving door of CoD games that don't add much value.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 8:31am
Originally posted by solocreep

Ill wait for some reviews about the multiplayer. The actual game is,okay for me but its all about the multiplayer.

9.0-9.5, count on it.  Don't think for a second sites like IGN don't get money to give good reviews for these games.  No matter how good/terrible it is, it will sell millions upon millions of copies.

My son is pretty excited due to the rumors about a much expanded Zombies mode though.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Funinc158 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Funinc158 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 8:36am
call of duty black cocks is terrible compared to the mw series or even compared to BF3. It just doesn't have that "realistic" feel to me. Black Cocks 2 just looks even more terrible.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 8:59am
Will not buy.

Probably won't buy another COD game ever again. It's consistently gotten worse since the OG Modern Warfare. And I'm talking just the Modern Warfare franchise, not even World at War or Black Ops. Those do not even deserve to be associated with COD.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Will not buy.
Probably won't buy another COD game ever again. It's consistently gotten worse since the OG Modern Warfare. And I'm talking just the Modern Warfare franchise, not even World at War or Black Ops. Those do not even deserve to be associated with COD.

Have you played mw2 or mw3? I'm just curious. All the modern warfare games have been consistently awesome in my opinion. Black ops, not so much.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by ianbejamin

Will not buy.

Have you played mw2 or mw3? I'm just curious. All the modern warfare games have been consistently awesome in my opinion. Black ops, not so much.

He's saying that the MW games have gone downhill since MW1 or CoD 4, and that the WaW and BO franchise shouldn't even be associated with CoD because they're so bad. I think.
Snowboardr13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Snowboardr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 12:26pm
I have to say that after watching the trailer and play the first Black Ops, it doesn't really look all that good to me. Chances are that i probally won't end up buying the game at all.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 12:32pm
Are Black Ops made by a different group under the name of Call of Duty.
I heard there are two groups and they alternate making games.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2012 at 2:26pm
black ops is activision and modern warfare is infinity ward (i believe, correct me if i'm wrong)
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2012 at 3:18pm

black ops is activision and modern warfare is infinity ward (i believe, correct me if i'm wrong)

Somewhat correct. Activision publishes all the Call of Duty games, treyarch produces the black ops/waw and infinity ward does modern warfare, though the last one had 2-3 studios working on it to churn it out. You can definitely tell the difference between the games from each studio.
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2012 at 12:29pm
I preorder it yesterday when I picked up Ghost Recon Future Soldier. The BO2 trailer looked good and I am down for some new stuff with futuristic weapons. I didn't pick up MW3 because it looks bland to me. But I been having fun on BF3 with some buddies.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by getkong

there is a campaign mode?  I never even noticed....
-zakk

Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2012 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by broys

Will not buy.

He's saying that the MW games have gone downhill since MW1 or CoD 4, and that the WaW and BO franchise shouldn't even be associated with CoD because they're so bad. I think.

This.

and ya, I own all 3 MW games. 
The OG one was really fun, and I played the shit out of that game until everything started to get hacked.
MW2 was still fun as well, but the ease of noob tubing and camping was frustrating at times.
MW3 is eh, I mean it's basically just new maps for MW2. I actually wanted to go return it the day after I bought it since I was pissed I paid $60 for it.
Since they came out with the Infection playlist though, it's all I've been playing, and that's really fun. I haven't put on Team Deathmatch in forever.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2012 at 1:14pm
One of the reasons I dont like campaign mode is the stories take too long. Its a game, just wanna run around and shoot stuff. You can't skip some of the stories cuz you have to move to let the story continue.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2012 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by solocreep

One of the reasons I dont like campaign mode is the stories take too long. Its a game, just wanna run around and shoot stuff. You can't skip some of the stories cuz you have to move to let the story continue.

I've read a lot of reviews saying that the campaign for mw3 was too short. I don't play the campaign really but that's what i've heard so it's interesting that you say the opposite.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2012 at 2:06pm
might be the same people who play RPGs and play like 60+ hours on single player.

I tricked myself into thinking Fallout New Vegas was kind of a FPS instead of an RPG, and stopped when clear headshots were just missing.  Stupid RPGs.
sleeepili View Drop Down
Local
Local
catching air at bear

Quote sleeepili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 6:11pm
man 1 game a year is too much. i was really into mw2. when black ops came out i obviously had to get it, but never played it much. then i never even knew mw3 came out. and like the week after i found out there was such thing (like a month ago) i saw the trailer for bo2...
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by kyle521

By seeing the trailer, i dont think im going to buy this one, and i have all the others

by looking at trailers, it looks like the same damned thing...even for the "future"...
admirable effort but it's not "future" enough. go too far and you get "ghost recon territory". go even FARTHER and you get halo.

IW/treyarch needs to find a new IP. SURE, it's fine to keep pumping out speed/crack style gameplay but not the same damned thing over and over...or "map updates" in the form of $60 game discs
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2012 at 4:44am
Isn't it always the same dang thing? Run around and shoot. (unless you're one of those campers)
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2012 at 10:13pm
^map design makes all the difference...treyarch and IW are quite different in how they test and approach it
in this case, Mw3 has FEWER camping spots than the previous MWs/cods

at least that's what i think
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2012 at 6:28am
the new modern warfares have made it much harder to camp which is definitely a good thing. I remember back in the day with one man army perk, you could just stay in one spot the entire game... Hopefully, black ops follows
gfcthomas View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gfcthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2012 at 7:43am
to bad my xbox got the red ring and i dont have money to buy a new one
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2012 at 5:52pm
I was playing black ops earlier and I hope they dumb down ghost pro a little on part 2. Campers mess me up right before my blackbird.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2012 at 9:10pm
great! day1 dlc bullshit...:/

this stuff is getting standardized...and ridiculously dumb.
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 8:58am
The fact that they consulted with CoD Pros and others on the multiplayer makes me have hope that Black Ops 2 will be as good or better than the original, atleast on competitive modes.
"Don't think, just do."
JoeRocket1212 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 9:03am
going to pass on this game...  i feel like it is going to have too many planning involved...  i feel like some first person shooters get away from the shooting aspect of the game...  but i understand the appeal, just not for me.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 10:36am
for mw3, i got the elite membership or whatever, and have barely played it enough to even know what the new map names are.  whoops.
Silent311 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Silent311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 1:46pm
I have played enough to max out the prestige in each game since COD 4 MW... I am not excited for the new one...but $60 is chump change compared to...lets say my last weekends drinking binge.
World at War was a fun twist... the engine was just a tad bit too slow, but I figured it was based in WWII and things were not hyper speed like now.
CoD MW2 was fast and fun....but a few things suffered, such as the mic quality and then you ofcourse had the tube tube triangle with unlimited claymores and such. and now its all hacked.
BLOPS was back to a slow engine...I feel like I'm on drugs when I play it...just bad response... lag like crazy and really unplayable. I do like the zombie levels still.
MW2.5 errr 3... Come on IW...couldnt even make new emblems or anything...just reworked the stupid MW2...at least the engine was fast... but the cheese weapons like AKIMBO and overpowered shotguns make this game worthless. For Elite - the competition sorta makes it fun. Given a task and competing against other clans is kinda entertaining.
BLOPS 2... assuming the engine will be slow. The zombs should be fun.

xKevlar View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xKevlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 7:15pm
Not too sure how I feel about the concept of Black Ops 2, considering how they thrive on the whole modern warfare type of combat. I guess it's time for change? :p
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 7:29pm
I have played all the call of duty games. I feel all the modern warfare games were superior to the treyarch ones, especially multiplayer. I still buy the treyarch ones cause zombies is so much fun.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 7:40am
the group of friends i used to play cod games with almost completely stopped playing together.  now i just play forza for a bit when im on xbox.  bought ssx, but it's pretty weak.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 7:42am
Got to level 6 prestige on MW3, said "What the hell and I doing" and never picked it up again.

My son is pumped for BO2 just for the new zombie modes though.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
tangles View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 1:49pm
BO2 looks crappy wont be buying this one, shame
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 4:00am
Won't be buying BO2 either. Still playing BF3, which is great. So no need to get something that looks mediocre at best.
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 4:04am
Ill buy it just because ive been a fan since mw1 and for the story. But as for the multiplayer, itll probably be about the same and disappointing. 

note 
not prestiging 
and not buying map packsAngry freakin scam. Just giveme all the content when i buy the gd game.
Worst I had was wonderful.
ShredDatPow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredDatPow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 1:45pm
I have watched the trailer for it and the only thing that really looks like it might be decent is the zombies. I'm not much of a CoD fan, I tend to stray more to BF3 than anything else but I think that I might buy it for the zombies and the fact that it will be all anyone is going to play after it comes out.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 6:15pm
Hmm i dont see why people are so set on not getting it. cod games are always a lot of fun. its only 60 bucks and you get to shoot zombies all day. I have BF3 and I really like it but they are two different games. I feel cod multiplayer is a LOT more fast paced which I like. 
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 9:33am
if my buddies get it, i'm sure i will too.  even if i play it for only a couple weeks, i've spent money on worse things.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2012 at 5:06am
There is some multiplayer gameplay vids on Youtube now and it looks good. I think if they can take the good things from MW2/3 and BO and remove the overpowered garbage it should be fun.  

I've been playing the hell out of MW2 lately and why the hell are people still cheating in this game. Its not like it matters how quick you rank up, the damn leaderboards are jacked anyway.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 2:14pm
I've been playing MW3 constantly waiting for black ops 2 to come out. I hope they include sticks and stones.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by diviesti

There is some multiplayer gameplay vids on Youtube now and it looks good. I think if they can take the good things from MW2/3 and BO and remove the overpowered garbage it should be fun.  

I've been playing the hell out of MW2 lately and why the hell are people still cheating in this game. Its not like it matters how quick you rank up, the damn leaderboards are jacked anyway.

because it is really easy to mod it and its fun to mess around with the mods haha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>