Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Call of Duty Black Ops 2
    Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 10:03am
Anyone picking this up tonight/tomorrow?
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 10:22am
This past week, Black ops 2 is all that my friends have been talking about.
IDK after the first black ops, I dont think I want to get it.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 11:10am
If i do get this it will be for one reason and one reason only. Zombies
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 11:19am
Buddy of mine has the day off work and is probably gonna get the midnight release.
I'm hoping for some good co-op modes, that last one was brutally hard! well some of the missions.
gearing up for some more sleepless nights.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 11:22am
the first black op was OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!!!!!! but MW3 blew balls. I hope it is a perfect mix of black ops 1 and MW2 those were by far the most amazing of the whole series. i didn't pre buy (waste of cash for a map pack...) it but i will get it when it comes out when i get a chance to get to a store.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 11:36am
Can't decide If I'm going to to pick up Black Ops. Bought MOH Warfighter and I'm enjoying it for the most part still. It's a nice change from the COD killstreak chaos.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 11:46am
I think the way they totally changed your gear layout is pretty interesting, plus the addition of an actual endpoint to zombies instead of just go until you die is pretty intriguing.

My son is getting it so I basically get it for free.  Even if it sucks I'm not out any coinBig smile
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 12:38pm
Ya the new point system for killstreaks I like, so assists and actually playing the objective will get your killstreak rewards too. I'm on the fence on Black Ops 1, loved MW2. In other words I'll probably get it, just may wait until I'm tired of Warfighter. Probably just in time for Battlefield 4 to make it more complicated.Confused
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 1:38pm
I too, am waiting for the reviews but the zombies mode is tempting!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

I think the way they totally changed your gear layout is pretty interesting, plus the addition of an actual endpoint to zombies instead of just go until you die is pretty intriguing.

My son is getting it so I basically get it for free.  Even if it sucks I'm not out any coinBig smile
Son's money your money.. it's pretty much the same its within the fam.. no?

Is this true and endpoint in Zombie mode? oh man...definitely gonna be playing this till we hit that.. I just know it.
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 6:01pm

Anyone picking this up tonight/tomorrow?

About to go snatch it here in a few. Hope the line isn't too crazy though
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 9:25am
Buddy of mine is actually getting it shipped, not picking it up.
woulda been playing by now lol
its okay I can wait no rush.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 10:05am
i just got it now on xbox 360. on my way home now to merc all of you. it came with a free lanyard too haha i didnt even preorder it or anything like that.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 11:48am
i have played one map and i already know it sucks.  Guns suck, graphics are all cartoons, grenades throw funny.  perks and other stuff is hokie.  

I'll be back on MW3 by January 1.  
-zakk

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 11:51am
and NOTHING beats MW2.  that was by far the best of the entire franchise.  I'm only get IW's releases after this abortion from Treyarch.  
-zakk

steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 11:56am
I honestly dont think i will get this game. Kids in school already pulled an all nighter last night which i think is a little overkill. Too many cod addicts out there.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 12:02pm
It's just funny to watch people play, they're all screaming and stuff.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 12:05pm
black ops 2 is apparently getting good reviews at least first impressions. im going to wait a week or two to see what people really think. Dont want to waste 60 bucks again like i did on MW3. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 12:24pm
It is very different from Moderm Warfare. Im having fun with it though. The maps are really fun at least.
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 12:26pm
would you recommend spending cash on it? i have battlefield that im still playing quite often. not sure if i should spend the money yet but im getting a good vibe
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by zakk

i have played one map and i already know it sucks.  Guns suck, graphics are all cartoons, grenades throw funny.  perks and other stuff is hokie.  

I'll be back on MW3 by January 1.  

Thats why I hate Black Ops 1, the damn cartoon graphics,. Wtf is that bullshit
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 1:39pm
yeah, I'll play it for a bit now that i bought the damn thing, but I'm glad I didn't delete any of my MW3 map packs when I was installing it.  

at least its on Xbox live and I can cuss a kids while I play #love
-zakk

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by bdanross

would you recommend spending cash on it? i have battlefield that im still playing quite often. not sure if i should spend the money yet but im getting a good vibe

I had no problem spending 60 bucks on it because I'm a COD fan. I mean it is really fun but very different from battlefield. I definitely like it more than the first black ops but I still think the modern warfares are better. I'd say get it if you're bored of your battlefield.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 4:53am
I got black ops 2 at midnight on tuesday night. The campaign was really cool.I think it's better than the first black ops. The multiplayer is fun, although I'm still getting used to it.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 5:10am
the story is kinda weird but so far so good. i am super tired for work this morning because i was up late playing it.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 5:21am
Originally posted by jhoang6

Son's money your money.. it's pretty much the same its within the fam.. no?

Is this true and endpoint in Zombie mode? oh man...definitely gonna be playing this till we hit that.. I just know it.
Well he is technically my step son but he has been my son for the past 8 years, but his biological dad pays his allowance so really it isn't my money Big smile

Played it a bit yesterday, I actually really like the way you can totally customize your layout.  I also enjoy the map much more than the maps in MW3.  I agree with Zakk that grenade throws are better but I disagree about the graphics, I think they are very clean, and they have much better use of different lighting.  Plus the echos on the canyon level are pretty cool.  Plus the way you earn killsteaks/scorestreaks makes playing objectives and shooting down enemy support more rewarding.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 5:27am
One thing I will say as a negative is spawn killing, especially on the ship level is still fairly rampant.  I got the new gunner ship on the boat and was basically able to completely annihilate the other team at their spawn point at the other end of the ship while my team was planting the bombs demolition.  I racked up like 25 kills in about a minute.  It's a pretty small map and probably the only one where you could pull that off, but shame on them for not shooting me down.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 5:33am
im not sure what the end point of zombies is.. i keep playing TranZit and i dont know what the hell to do. there is no help at all tho find out where clues are or what they are. its really hard.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 5:35am
Originally posted by cds4288

im not sure what the end point of zombies is.. i keep playing TranZit and i dont know what the hell to do. there is no help at all tho find out where clues are or what they are. its really hard.

Is there an endpoint, or is it just middle areas for Zombie mode?  My main attraction was there was finally a way to beat zombies.  My son and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 5:47am

One thing I will say as a negative is spawn killing, especially on the ship level is still fairly rampant.  I got the new gunner ship on the boat and was basically able to completely annihilate the other team at their spawn point at the other end of the ship while my team was planting the bombs demolition.  I racked up like 25 kills in about a minute.  It's a pretty small map and probably the only one where you could pull that off, but shame on them for not shooting me down.

Played for about 8 hours last night and yeah, the spawn points are completely F'd up.  IN typical tryarch style, working on weapons is now useless as you need f'n coins to get unlocks.  The point style kill streaks is interesting, not sold on it yet.  

The guns are all screwed up.   sniper riles can be fired off with almost no recoil, the sub machine gun class is way overpowered (as it has been in the past 3 titles).  Hardcore game mode only has 3 team based game modes, and if you're playing the little girl regular modes, it takes an entire clip to get their screen red and you have to pray another team mate is also firing and you get the kill bullet. 

I'm already over it.  

-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 6:11am

Played for about 8 hours last night and yeah, the spawn points are completely F'd up.  IN typical tryarch style, working on weapons is now useless as you need f'n coins to get unlocks.  The point style kill streaks is interesting, not sold on it yet.  

The guns are all screwed up.   sniper riles can be fired off with almost no recoil, the sub machine gun class is way overpowered (as it has been in the past 3 titles).  Hardcore game mode only has 3 team based game modes, and if you're playing the little girl regular modes, it takes an entire clip to get their screen red and you have to pray another team mate is also firing and you get the kill bullet. 

I'm already over it.  

I definitely noticed unless you want to unload a whole clip on someone you have to fire upper torso or head.  Leg/lower torso shots are basically worthless.  Guns always get nerfed later on in updates, but agreed, there is really no point in using any Assult Rifles, at least any I have unlocked by level 20 at this point.  I would think more hardcore modes will be added later too.

You only need tokens to unlock the gun initially, you earn all the attachments by using them.  What I'm not sure of is if those attachments stay unlocked after prestige, which from what I heard I think they do.  I have heard complaining about the token system but personally I don't have a problem with it.

Zakk check your PM.

Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 6:59am
I don't really have a problem with the token system. The SMGs are pretty powerful.
The spawning is horrible though. I love when I wake up to a grenade at my feet
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 7:06am
Originally posted by motoxninja80

I don't really have a problem with the token system. The SMGs are pretty powerful.
My favorite thing to do in the game is place a claymore next to a tac insertion so the second they spawn again they get blown to bits.

One thing I do love to death so far in BO2 is NO SECOND CHANCE!!!!
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 7:19am

My favorite thing to do in the game is place a claymore next to a tac insertion so the second they spawn again they get blown to bits.

that just sounds hilarious.  I need to do this. 
-zakk

Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 7:56am

I don't really have a problem with the token system. The SMGs are pretty powerful. The spawning is horrible though. I love when I wake up to a grenade at my feet

that just sounds hilarious.  I need to do this. 

That sounds hilarious. I do like how I can get rid of my secondary and just run around with only a knife.
Chrischilla View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Chrischilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 8:03am
Oh yea, this game..I skipped school yesterday to play campaign and frankly, im a little disappointed. As any character, you survive absolutely everything. Its horribly unrealistic. But then again, it is based in the future. It did have a good plot.
In the end id give it
8.9/10 : New weapons and features
9.0/10 : Graphics
7.2/10 : Story(very short, beat in 8 hours)
Chrischilla View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Chrischilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 8:08am
I also have a video of the first part of the campaign.
Only the start of the mission, does not give away story details.

Watch Mission 1 here on zappa9chris 's channel. Future missions and multi-player vids coming soon
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 8:21am
i wasnt impressed with the first level that they showed earlier this year. it looked sort of cool but same old sort of thing. the halo 4 campaign is really cool. worth the 60 bucks for that game 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 6:20pm
If you have PS3, no rush to get this game. There is so many problems with multiplayer. I played till level 11 and cant even get in a game anymore. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by thisisjoebro

If you have PS3, no rush to get this game. There is so many problems with multiplayer. I played till level 11 and cant even get in a game anymore. 
Yep, I was on for about an hour and got booted, but my son can get right on.  The funny part is I can even try and log in as a secondary player with my ID on his profile and still can't get in.  Activision definitely has some splan'n to do!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 7:05pm

Yep, I was on for about an hour and got booted, but my son can get right on.  The funny part is I can even try and log in as a secondary player with my ID on his profile and still can't get in.  Activision definitely has some splan'n to do!

Its very annoying cause I can play with other accounts but not on my main one I started with.
TranTheDoctor View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote TranTheDoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 7:08pm
I've been watching my friends and other people play. Is the Type 25 the only good gun or something?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 7:26pm

Its very annoying cause I can play with other accounts but not on my main one I started with.

I heard it had to do with anyone that setup Elite, like myself.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 7:38pm

I heard it had to do with anyone that setup Elite, like myself.

Hmm really? Thats weird. 
Well both accounts on my PS3 that have Elite don't work. But the other one works fine so it could be it. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 4:40am
Is the connection problem happening still?
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 4:48am
there's no spec ops mode!
ah crude.. there is zombies, but not what I was looking forward too..
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 5:31am
yeah! spec ops survival online was pretty sweet. i wonder why they took that off. zombies is still weird since i don't know how to find clues.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 5:34am
Originally posted by cds4288

yeah! spec ops survival online was pretty sweet. i wonder why they took that off. zombies is still weird since i don't know how to find clues.
Played a match with my son last night, basically just ran around unlocking door and stuff to see what was in each building.

One tip, don't go into the mist.....nothing good comes from the mist.

****runs to the corner curls up in a ball and weeps quietly
mao mao View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mao mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 5:45am
I've been playing the CoD series since the very first one, and finally got bored of the series after MW2.  Black Ops 2 doesn't look much different than any of the games in the series since MW1, so if you still like the series go for it.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 6:42am
i was actually able to run through the mist from town to town if i just pushed the crap out of the B button a million times when those things attacked. the stupid bus kept leaving so i would follow it around while running after it pressing B.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>