Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Call of Duty Black Ops 2
    Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Is the connection problem happening still?

Nope its working fine now. The only major problem now is that the game is making my PS3 freeze pretty often.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 12:49pm
hmmm... looks like BO 2 already made 1/2 a billion dollars in the first 24 hours. http://www.redmondpie.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-sales-hit-500-million-in-first-24-hours-of-release/
nah!! I'll wait after xmas, having a feeling imma get this for xmas.
sandman88 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Baldy

Quote sandman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 2:25pm
how is the new call of bootyy? is it worth getting? or is it similar to mw2?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 8:57pm
I really like how the classes are way more customizable in this game. You are free to do a lot with them.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 11:54am
I'll wait till I read more reviews and see more YouTube vids till I decide whether or not to get this. Only interested in multiplayer.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by solocreep

I'll wait till I read more reviews and see more YouTube vids till I decide whether or not to get this. Only interested in multiplayer.

Im in the exact same boat. My friend got it and I havent seen him since, so it must be pretty good.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 5:45pm
AFTER PLAYING IT...it's more of the same and i STILL REALLY WISH treyarch, as good as they are, makes their own IP. kinda sucks how they're just TIED to making COD games with some zombie modes...and they're getting PRETTY good at it too...

the multiple branching patterns in SP is actually a REALLY nice twist in the fps genre, not one often seen in non-rpgfps(that accronym looks like i just threw up or typo'd) games. but overall...a very familiar feel
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 6:58pm
i have been playing the crap out of this and love it!! it is waaaay better than MW3. the maps are better and it just plays better overall. knifing is kinda shitty but im sure they will fix that with updates.
loulou09 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote loulou09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 7:09pm
how are the weapons and such as well as the perks system? i read they were pretty similar.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 7:15pm
they are really good i think. i love the very first assault rifle that is available, that is basically all i use. i have two classes with the same primary and different secondarys so i can shoot down air assets. the perks are similar to all other COD titles such as light weight, undetectable by people and aircraft, and hardline.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by loulou09

how are the weapons and such as well as the perks system? i read they were pretty similar.

"similar but different". there is a "future spin" on some things like the equivalent of a riot shield can be planted on the floor to free up a slot or let you run faster once it's off. i'll not spoil anything else
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 5:05am
Got on a little this weekend.  A LOT of people were grinding away on double XP.  I saw someone with level 35 already prestige 3.  I kind of felt sorry for them that they had that little else to do over the weekend.

I have 4 more 1st place Free for All matches to get my cool Conan nameplate.  The first 40 went pretty smooth with me winning pretty much 3/4 of the matches, but starting yesterday I was just way off and getting those last 10 has been brutal.  I think I was having connection issues though as the killcams were showing I wasn't even getting shots off when I thought I was unloading first on most of my 1:1 showdowns.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 5:12am

Got on a little this weekend.  A LOT of people were grinding away on double XP.  I saw someone with level 35 already prestige 3.  I kind of felt sorry for them that they had that little else to do over the weekend.

I have 4 more 1st place Free for All matches to get my cool Conan nameplate.  The first 40 went pretty smooth with me winning pretty much 3/4 of the matches, but starting yesterday I was just way off and getting those last 10 has been brutal.  I think I was having connection issues though as the killcams were showing I wasn't even getting shots off when I thought I was unloading first on most of my 1:1 showdowns.

If you aint playing hardcore, you aint playing.  
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 5:35am
Originally posted by zakk

If you aint playing hardcore, you aint playing.  
I really want the Conan tag, and the only way to earn it is Free for All, I don't remember seeing that option in the stipped down hardcore version.

What setup you running Zakk?  It seems everyone has jumped on the elec/betty combination.  I see those scattered everywhere now.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 5:51am
the betty does well enough on its own, but i run danger close to throw 2 of them in the inevitable 2 ways to get to my position.

I play HC only, so the SWAT is pretty overpowered, especially with the dex/grip combo, its as fast as a SMG. 

for perks I'm running Blind Eye/Hardline, Clod blooded, and Dexterity 

on the SWAT I always have the aim grip and have one class with the target finder, the other with the simple reflex.  

no secondary, I prefer to knife your ass if it comes to that LOL
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 5:56am

the betty does well enough on its own, but i run danger close to throw 2 of them in the inevitable 2 ways to get to my position.

I play HC only, so the SWAT is pretty overpowered, especially with the dex/grip combo, its as fast as a SMG. 

on the SWAT I always have the aim grip and have one class with the target finder, the other with the simple reflex.  

Is that the auto shotgun?  You probably have to stay in areas that favor close range I imagine?

What was different about the hardcore game mode?  I thought there were no perks in HC.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 6:03am
what system is everybody running? xbox live smacks PS network since PS network is free you dont get as much quality as you do from a paid service.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 6:06am
Originally posted by cds4288

what system is everybody running? xbox live smacks PS network since PS network is free you dont get as much quality as you do from a paid service.
Ps3, TMAN2626
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 6:59am

Is that the auto shotgun?  You probably have to stay in areas that favor close range I imagine?

What was different about the hardcore game mode?  I thought there were no perks in HC.

more or less its the 2025 version of a M-16 with the 3 shot burst.  I play on a dream team and we will betty/elec up an area and bullet fiesta the other team.  20-30 kill margin wins are not uncommon.  

-zakk

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 7:01am
I'm on xBox live.  gamertag zakkh8zkidz and make sure you put you're from TruSnow i don't accept randoms, and no I don't want to be part of a clan.  
-zakk

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 6:38pm

i have been playing the crap out of this and love it!! it is waaaay better than MW3. the maps are better and it just plays better overall. knifing is kinda shitty but im sure they will fix that with updates.

ehhh I dont think its better than MW3. the maps are really fun though. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 4:33am
Originally posted by thisisjoebro

ehhh I dont think its better than MW3. the maps are really fun though. 
I tend not to knife as 3/4 of the time it whiffs even when I'm phasing through my opponent.
nots0kind View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
wattup box

Quote nots0kind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 4:42am
bo2 is badass im not a fan of the mw games but loved bo1 the maps are sick like everyone else is saying.. but the gameplay just outstands mw3 anyday of the week... smokezmadrockz add me ps3
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 5:44am
I'm sorry, but BlOps 2 is not as good as MW3, overall.  the maps are interesting and fun, but I would have preferred they just import all these maps to MW3 as opposed to this bastardization of COD.  
-zakk

bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 6:40am
i have heard bad stuff about the map design. I am waiting a little bit longer and seeing whats out there for reviews. it seems like pretty mixed reviews right now
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 5:04am
I've been running around with my knife like a ninja and it has actually made the game more fun.  That coupled with the fact that guns are so unpredictable( sometimes takes 10 bullets, sometimes takes 2) I am actually doing pretty well and almost always finish in the top 3 of the match.

1 more bloodthirsty with the knife and I unlock gold.

Also, found out in Zombies Tranzit mode you can permanently unlock perms that go with you even into a new game.  Pretty cool.
ABrad25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Play hard or look good

Quote ABrad25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 5:09am
I thought the game play at first was not very good but i remembered that the last game i was playing was modern warfare 3 which the MW's I always do good but the black ops I always do bad for some reason. 
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 6:43am
now that the spawn points on these very small maps have been figured out, spawn camping is rampant.  

I've got 15 kill streams just running between a few points on CTF.  between that and the head glitch, this game is crap.  
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 6:59am

now that the spawn points on these very small maps have been figured out, spawn camping is rampant.  

I've got 15 kill streams just running between a few points on CTF.  between that and the head glitch, this game is crap.  
Yep, objective games like CTF and domination are pretty broken at this point due to the terrible spawning and people dropping out of matches the second the other team captures B.

Kill confirmed, Free-For-All, and Team Deathmatch are pretty much the only playable modes at this point.

What is the headglitching I keep hearing about? 

I play with my ninja class 99% of the time now because of how broken the guns are.  I'd rather take my chances on whiffing with the knife (which happens too often when I literally cannot get past someone that is in front of me), than unload 10 bullets into someone and still die when their first bullet hits me.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:00am
in the HC game modes, you shot them in the foot and they are dead.  
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:04am

Yea HC game modes are basically COD easy mode from playing around with them over  Thanksgiving break.  It doesn't matter what gun you use, one shot kills.  That rewards the SMG hip fire pray and sprayer, not the person with skill that can fire a steady stream of bullets without letting the recoil interfere.  Not a fan, especially with the respawn after death requirement in those modes.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:07am
It's been difficult for me to judge this game. I think the customization in the classes is pretty nice, but I think the gameplay is awful. the guns are unpredictable. The first shotgun you get is the most ridiculous.
I wish they would get rid of the perk classes and allow you to just pick 3 perks. all the green perks are so pointless, so I wish I could put one of the other perks in it's place without having to use greed.
Scorestreaks are good, I think they did a good job in regards to that.
Somethings are good about the game, but overall I'm disappointed.
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:30am
I havn't played COD in a while so i decided to picked up black op 2. I think its the best cod yet. It more difficult to reach the higher killstreak, but its worth it.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:53am

Yea HC game modes are basically COD easy mode from playing around with them over  Thanksgiving break.  It doesn't matter what gun you use, one shot kills.  That rewards the SMG hip fire pray and sprayer, not the person with skill that can fire a steady stream of bullets without letting the recoil interfere.  Not a fan, especially with the respawn after death requirement in those modes.

Sissy.  
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:57am

Sissy.  
My mom says I'm cool...
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:59am
this is one of the best COD i think. i dont have issues with any weapons and i have a 1.18 K/D ratio. other than lag the actual content is working really well for me. i just run around with the first two assault rifles and never camp (that shits homosexual
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 8:08am
Finally got to playing and wow the graphics are pretty damn good! I don't know where or who said that they weren't good.
Other than that not much different from the other games in the series.
Good to just sit and shoot, lazy day
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 8:13am

this is one of the best COD i think. i dont have issues with any weapons and i have a 1.18 K/D ratio. other than lag the actual content is working really well for me. i just run around with the first two assault rifles and never camp (that shits homosexual
You don't camp???  You mean you care more about actually having fun than having a top K/D ratio.  You are playing the game wrong man.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 6:57am

You don't camp???  You mean you care more about actually having fun than having a top K/D ratio.  You are playing the game wrong man.

It's all about removing all your weapons and running around with just a knife. Gotta go Rambo on some bitches.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 7:08am
Originally posted by motoxninja80

It's all about removing all your weapons and running around with just a knife. Gotta go Rambo on some bitches.

Agreed, I put all my points into 6 perks, a betty and a black hat or shock charge.  It's like being an invisible super ninja with a gold knife. 
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 7:11am

Agreed, I put all my points into 6 perks, a betty and a black hat or shock charge.  It's like being an invisible super ninja with a gold knife. 

True. I find I often do much better than with an actual gun surprisingly.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 7:16am

True. I find I often do much better than with an actual gun surprisingly.
That's because with the terrible coding in this game, the worse your connection is, the better response time you get.  They basically create artificial lag for players with really good connections.  Guns are the definition of unreliable in this game.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 8:30am
i have yet to have issues with knife bandits. its easier to splatter them before they get close or set bouncing betties to distract them. i had a good run yesterday, now im up to 1.24 overall and 1.95 in team death match.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 9:38am

what perk 3's are you running?  I imagine engineer and extreme conditioning?  on perk 1 do you run ghost/blind eye or ghost/lightweight?  i can see a point for either
-zakk

capitacaptain View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
World Domination Corporation

Quote capitacaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 11:39am
Anyone else playing "gun game"? I loved it on the first Black Ops, and its even better in 2. Brings back the "fun" rather than just trying to chase stats
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 11:51am
team deathmatch is my all time fav for sure. i havent played too much gun game.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 12:06pm

what perk 3's are you running?  I imagine engineer and extreme conditioning?  on perk 1 do you run ghost/blind eye or ghost/lightweight?  i can see a point for either

Lightweight always, and either Hardline or Ghost, but honestly not impressed with Ghost.  Seems they still get me on radar even running like a lunatic.  I don't use Blind Eye because the only thing I feel it protects you from is the Hunter Killers, and if getting a huge scorestreak before dying is your deal, ninja isn't for you. 

Dexterity is key so you can scale jumps and ladders super fast and either Engineer or Extreme for the second.  You already have so much indurance with only the knife Extreme can be a bit overkill so usually Engineer.

I also rock Cold Blooded and usually scavenger, or if that's not unlocked yet, extra bettys or hats.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 1:47pm
they've definitely neutered some of the perks down, and i like it better that way.  keeps the gameplay moving.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 7:28pm

Engineer is cool but i'd rather have the extra speed so I usually just do dexterity or dexterity and extreme conditioning.   

I do ghost and lightweight for perk 1. There are so many radar whores when I'm playing that ghost or a silencer is necessary if you don't want to die as much
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 4:22am
Originally posted by getkong

they've definitely neutered some of the perks down, and i like it better that way.  keeps the gameplay moving.

Agreed they have changed a few things so dudes can't just sit in corners the entire match.  I tend to stick to Kill Confirmed, FFA, or Deathmatch to avoide the campers that are more rampant on things like domination and demolition.  Plus the halftime thing they added to domination ruined that mode imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>