Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2345>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jacquet View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jacquet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Call of Duty Black Ops 2
    Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 4:31am
the balista is something else it almost feels like your cheating
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 5:27am
^1hit ko no scope? gg. probably going to nerf it though
Nater43 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nater43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 5:55am
Anyone have this on PC? If so, how is it? I'm worried the servers are going to die out too quickly. Is there a large enough population to find games quickly?
| Boards: '08 Burton Custom 156 | Boots: '08 Burton Freestyle | Bindings: '09 Burton Missions |
               '10 Reverse Crew 155
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 8:16am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Agreed they have changed a few things so dudes can't just sit in corners the entire match.  I tend to stick to Kill Confirmed, FFA, or Deathmatch to avoide the campers that are more rampant on things like domination and demolition.  Plus the halftime thing they added to domination ruined that mode imo.

i actually like the two rounds in domination.  some maps just favor one side.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 8:21am
Originally posted by getkong

Agreed they have changed a few things so dudes can't just sit in corners the entire match.  I tend to stick to Kill Confirmed, FFA, or Deathmatch to avoide the campers that are more rampant on things like domination and demolition.  Plus the halftime thing they added to domination ruined that mode imo.

I just think it breaks up the flow of the game.  If they were going to do that they should have increased the points or something. 
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 6:38pm

Originally posted by getkong

I just think it breaks up the flow of the game.  If they were going to do that they should have increased the points or something. 

I can't decide if its a good or bad thing. It really doesn't make much difference to me. I think it could help because its really easy to spawn trap in domination. Its kind of the goal actually. So it gives the other team a chance. 
misterlime View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote misterlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 1:04pm
So is the game worth buying? I skipped the last two in the COD series. Just got sick of the game, same ol' stuff, different maps. But I'm ready to get back into a FPS.
LucasR View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote LucasR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by misterlime

So is the game worth buying? I skipped the last two in the COD series. Just got sick of the game, same ol' stuff, different maps. But I'm ready to get back into a FPS.

I think black ops 2 is actually a very good value. Along with the campaign and multiplayer, you also get zombies. There is tons of stuff to do on this COD, and they added a lot of customization options to online classes and a good amount of new tech for the weapons.

I will say that some of the maps feel very familiar, but I think that will always be the case with COD on some scale because there is only so many amount of environments to create before you have to repeat some aspects in one way or another.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 2:04pm
the more i play it, the less i like it.

but i still play it, because it's fun at times.

definitely still more fun than forza horizon.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 8:30am
POV from a non FPS gamer. I don't play COD, BO1, most of the first person shooter games and etc. I played BO2 for the first time with my nephews and it was pretty cool. Zombie mode was fun, I get killed more than I can get a single kill but still learning, and graphics was pretty good.
leaver12 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote leaver12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 8:40am
Black ops two zombies is the best zombies ever made by treyarch
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 10:33am
really?? i think this zombies is horrible compared to black ops 1. it says that there is a story mode and end point but the stupid thing gives you no indication or help at all to know what to do.
leaver12 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote leaver12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 5:29pm
People Dont know of the thunderturret
leaver12 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote leaver12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 5:29pm
h
leaver12 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote leaver12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 5:30pm
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssadfsaazdfxgcghvbkjnlkAzsdxfygyhbiujkop;'srdtftyhuok;
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by cds4288

really?? i think this zombies is horrible compared to black ops 1. it says that there is a story mode and end point but the stupid thing gives you no indication or help at all to know what to do.
There is still no end point, that was a lie.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 7:52pm
I dont really understand how the ranking system in zombies works. Can you get deranked?
mmang85 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
ouch

Quote mmang85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 3:31am
what is everyones fav gun/guns. 
I'm particarly fond of the MP7 with target finder, long barrel, and FMJ as my go to gun.
Also B23R is pretty sweet too.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 4:35am
Originally posted by thisisjoebro

I dont really understand how the ranking system in zombies works. Can you get deranked?

I believe so, and you can also lose your perma perks.  I lost my metal barriers the other day.  I'm looking for some good PS3 players to do the Tower of Babel easter egg but they are hard to find.
ABrad25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Play hard or look good

Quote ABrad25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 5:48am
Yes I think you can as well. I have heard it from other buddies but have not actually seen it in real life. 
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 5:55am
does anyone have a group of 4-6 that would like to go head to head with my 4-6 on xbox?? i think that would be fun.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 7:24pm

I believe so, and you can also lose your perma perks.  I lost my metal barriers the other day.  I'm looking for some good PS3 players to do the Tower of Babel easter egg but they are hard to find.

I think so too. My bro had the skull with glowing eyes at some point then he got deranked and no eyes. I have no clue what a perma perk is. 
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 7:33pm
i was having issues with my overall rank. all of my points were reset randomly. but after about a week all of my numbers came back. they have some fixing to do for sure.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 4:42am
Finally got a good team in zombies last night with my son and we got the table built in the cornfield which is supposed to always stay there once it's built.  The one dude had a skull and two guns behind him and said his highest level was 49.  Pretty ridiculous.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2012 at 8:48pm

Finally got a good team in zombies last night with my son and we got the table built in the cornfield which is supposed to always stay there once it's built.  The one dude had a skull and two guns behind him and said his highest level was 49.  Pretty ridiculous.

Whats this table? There seems to be so many different hidden things to do. Its awesome. 
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2012 at 9:27pm
I was playing a lot of league play tonight and it doesn't make any damn sense to me. you barely get points for winning a game and you lose a lot if you team loses regardless of how my score was, which is extremely stupid. im not even sure what the point of it is...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 7:11am

Whats this table? There seems to be so many different hidden things to do. Its awesome. 
You have to build the table in the cornmaze below the power tower and draw the lightning zombie there to complete the easter egg.  I was wrong too, the table doesnt stay, so its pretty important you make a crawler in the first rounds and collect the parts to build the table while one person keeps the crawler busy before the zombies go nuts and run like track stars.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 7:27am
I'm just excited the KC got added to hardcore. so sick of spawn killing in CTF.  
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 8:24am
Originally posted by zakk

I like that they took away the countdown timer.  I'm good waiting 5 seconds or so to respawn, but 15 is a lifetime in that game.  If I wanted to wait to respawn I'd play Search and Destroy....which I don't!
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 8:25am

I like that they took away the countdown timer.  I'm good waiting 5 seconds or so to respawn, but 15 is a lifetime in that game.  If I wanted to wait to respawn I'd play Search and Destroy....which I don't!

i actually liked the counter, gave them time to run over my bouncing betties
-zakk

cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 8:52am
bouncing betties are the best thing in the game. you can throw them anywhere as opposed to a clamore and they double as a ninja star and you can kill people by hitting them with it, thats pretty sweet.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by cds4288

bouncing betties are the best thing in the game. you can throw them anywhere as opposed to a clamore and they double as a ninja star and you can kill people by hitting them with it, thats pretty sweet.
Betties were a bit better before this last patch, now there is even more lag between when you trigger them and they explode.  Most people don't know you can just duck under them though so they can still be effective.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 9:19am
its super effective when you get a pair of them after equiping danger close and have a room or walkway set up on both sides.
dy3versity View Drop Down
Local
Local
Fresh Pow!

Quote dy3versity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 12:10am
There is so much uav spam in this game. Yea, there's ghost to counteract that, but still..
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 4:02am
Originally posted by dy3versity

There is so much uav spam in this game. Yea, there's ghost to counteract that, but still..

people used UAV's because the ghost perk is shit.  nearly pointless to use it
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 5:34am

Not seeing nearly as many since they upped the point requirement by 75 points in the last patch.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 5:59pm
The UAV is a pretty easy way to get xp as you get 10 points every time someone gets a kill. I use them a lot. I think they have it set up pretty fairly.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 6:32pm

people used UAV's because the ghost perk is shit.  nearly pointless to use it

I feel like does ghost helps me a bit because of the uav whores (me being one of them haha). 
If you have a really crappy team who give the opponents tons of easy kills, they have UAV up pretty much the entire match. 
I started playing hardcore more so it doesn't bother me much anymore
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 11:05pm
with domination, more then half my games end with the time running out. it makes it more interesting and need more strategy to
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 11:10pm
Im going to start little tournaments (groups of three), winner takes all. Should be pretty great. One of my team members was 23rd in the world and so winning is in our favor for sure
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 10:33am

First video of the content of the first DLC pack.

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 11:33am
I'll likely get the map pack, but I'm already board of the limited hardcore game modes.

I loved HC most pit ricochet in MW3 and really wish it would come back.  or at least turn on ricochet and add HC domination or demolition.  

just need to get some fresh game types filtered in =/ 
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 11:50am

I'll likely get the map pack, but I'm already board of the limited hardcore game modes.

I loved HC most pit ricochet in MW3 and really wish it would come back.  or at least turn on ricochet and add HC domination or demolition.  

just need to get some fresh game types filtered in =/ 
Yea not sure why they don't have Dom and Demo in HC.

Zombies has also lost its luster after getting all the trophies.  Die Rise looks interesting though.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 11:58am
sweet im in the top 200K in the world now. i want to be in the 10 thousands next.
heinz View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote heinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 1:00pm
i'm already bored of the game. I need a new shooter.. ZZZ.

any other big shooters coming out soon?
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 5:24am
Originally posted by heinz

haha soon there will be BF4
heinz View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote heinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by rosati777

Originally posted by heinz

haha soon there will be BF4

feels like BF3 just came out, no? maybe there will be some suprise hitters this year, because BO2 just wasn't it. Still feels too recycled (even dumbed down from MW3)
Jibmonkey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Jibmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 2:42am
i love how treyarch/ea have moved into that damn phase of releasing maps and guns for money. Makes a game end up 90$ atleast and from what i heard theres going to be like 4 map packs....
heinz View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote heinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 1:11pm
i love shooting down UAVs... free points!
Flying Penguin View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Flying Penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 9:32am
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is the same game with different packaging. Is there anything wrong with that? No, it is alright if you want to have fun once in a while. Does playing that game make you good at the FPS genre. No. Is it the most realistic shooter out there? No. Does it have the best graphics out there? No. But there is nothing wrong with that. The things I do not like about the Call of Duty franchise is that the ruined almost all other fps gaming. They make it so there is kill streak, which is completely idiotic, help the side winning win faster? The arcadey feel of the game has transferred over to games like Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2. The kill streak has also transferred to Crysis 2. The Call of Duty franchise has made the whole FPS genre as a whole, worse overall. 

My favorite Call of Duty was the CoD4, 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>