College Football 12-13

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College Football 12-13
    Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 5:26am
Who's getting stoked for the upcoming college football season? I just got my Penn State season tickets so I'm ready to go!
Protect your domes
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 5:27am
Originally posted by psubballfan12

Who's getting stoked for the upcoming college football season? I just got my Penn State season tickets so I'm ready to go!

If I was a Penn State fan I wouldn't be excited about the upcoming season. Recruiting is going to take a huge hit the next few years due to the scandal.
xrmitchell View Drop Down
Local
Local
Snowbird on a bluebird

Quote xrmitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 5:51am
Playoffs in 2014! Finally!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 7:17am
Yup, finally a playoffs. But, only 4 teams. And how they chose those 4 teams is going to be controversial...I was hoping for 8 teams so the non-major conference teams would have a chance. But, with 4 teams, I see 2 SEC teams, then the rest of the major conferences getting the other 2 spots. The Boise States and the TCUs are still outside looking in.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 7:21am
i gave up on college football last year, and i won't watch it again until next season when the playoff is instituted.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 7:26am
Originally posted by getkong

i gave up on college football last year, and i won't watch it again until next season when the playoff is instituted.

Doesn't really matter too much for us Buckeyes fans this year, regular season is our playoff.  Can't wait to see what urban can do in c-bus

-b
get bent
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 8:26am
Time for U-M to restore itself to it's rightful place among the football elite.  This is the year to pay back that school down south, look out Buckeyes!
Redheaderr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Quote Redheaderr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2012 at 7:02am
I'm a U of M fan too and I'm sorry to say that Denard sucks and he's bringing us down.  Sure he can embarass the garbage teams in the open field, but every time they have a good opponent, they shut down his run game and he throws pick after pick.  Also have you watched his deep throws? Embarassing the way he underthrows the recievers, and then everyone acts like its a great play if we get a bunch of yards when really the corner/safety should have had an interception if he was paying attention.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2012 at 7:02pm
Go Oklahoma! (I can say this now. We'll win 7 or 8 in a row and drop one to a team we should stomp.) Go OU!!!
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
kushman182 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2012 at 4:47pm

I bet those were cheap.....im pretty pumped to see what Nebraska will do this year, im hoping Martinez will actually play football this year instead of what he has been doing, definitely not excited for a playoff system. It's only a matter of time until college football ends up like the NFL, I also think playoffs are going to make it more controversial but I guess time will tell with that one
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2012 at 8:20pm
218$ for students haha. I think penn state will surprise people but when it comes down to it, OSU has a solid team and will probably end up winning the big ten. 
Protect your domes
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Quote Redheaderr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2012 at 11:01pm
You don't want a playoff? I think 4 teams is alright but an 8 team playoff would be better.  It's just lame how nonconference schools get snubbed out of big games despite beating every big school they play.  And it's so hard to tell which schools are better when half of the top ones never even play each other.  Even an 8 team playoff is pretty exclusive considering how many teams there are, so it's not like it lowers the value of each game.  I'm excited for playoffs anyway.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2012 at 11:59pm
now that SC is back in business, y'all gotta watch out.
Theyre taking it this year, with a vengeance. 
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Redheaderr

You don't want a playoff? I think 4 teams is alright but an 8 team playoff would be better.  It's just lame how nonconference schools get snubbed out of big games despite beating every big school they play.  And it's so hard to tell which schools are better when half of the top ones never even play each other.  Even an 8 team playoff is pretty exclusive considering how many teams there are, so it's not like it lowers the value of each game.  I'm excited for playoffs anyway.

I agree 100%. Four teams is a little bit too small, but I'm excited to just see the playoffs introduced. It's at least progress in a flawed system.
Protect your domes
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2012 at 10:03am
the problem with 8 teams is that the regular season loses a lot of its importance.
Costell14 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Costell14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2012 at 10:12am
I need to find a school to cheer for. Loyola forgot to make a football team.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2012 at 10:38am
Which Loyola?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2012 at 11:21am
Originally posted by dvdngu

now that SC is back in business, y'all gotta watch out.
Theyre taking it this year, with a vengeance. 

I assume you're talking about SoCal (though South Carolina has become a pretty strong squad, too), since they're bowl-eligible again this year. Yah, they're gonna be mean. I really expected their recruiting to take a huge hit when they lost bowl eligibility for the length of a college player's career. But they've been fierce. Hopefully they can give the SEC a run for their money (with the exception of Nike U; Eff the Ducks).
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2012 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Costell14

I need to find a school to cheer for. Loyola forgot to make a football team.
If your from Loyola why not Maryland?
Protect your domes
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2012 at 9:38am
There are Loyolas in Chicago, New Orleans, and LA too...
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2012 at 10:10am

Originally posted by Redheaderr

I agree 100%. Four teams is a little bit too small, but I'm excited to just see the playoffs introduced. It's at least progress in a flawed system.

I feel the same way. Unfortunately with 4 teams the small schools are still going to get shafted, but it's progress. I hope in a couple of years they'll see how well it's working and expand it to 8 teams, and maybe at some point they'll have the NIT version or something as well.
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2012 at 11:54am
At least its a step in the right direction.
jon98gn View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jon98gn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2012 at 12:53pm
Fight On! USC Trojans. Got my season tickets Reloaded.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2012 at 2:27pm
Are they still gonna be using BCS "rankings" to determine the top 4? I kinda like the RPI rankings they do in NCAA Basketball. At least then the powerhouse schools aren't AS benefitted by playing a crappy non-conf schedule.
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2012 at 8:09pm
^I honestly don't know, I thought i heard BCS was completely eliminated but I'm not completely sure
Protect your domes
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 10:40am
What are your thoughts on the PSU penalty?  I really feel bad for the juniors and seniors, I know they can transfer but you are committed at this point. With that said you know they had to come down hard on the university as it was a terrible crime.  I was surprised they didn't get the death penalty. 
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 11:04am
I am in favor of it. I understand it hurts the current players, but not as much as some may make out. The fact is those players didn't decide to play for PSU because they believed the Lions were going to be a perennial title contender. They'll miss a cruddy bowl game, maybe 2. Penn State still has its loyal followers and alumni, who will watch the program through it all. The players can still play to the best of their ability on a national scale, and still have a shot at being drafted. It hurts the immediate future of their football program, but it also allows the school to try to rebuild on a clean name.
SMU's death penalty in '87 decimated that program, and they were nationally irrelevant until very recent years. On the contrary, USC's 4-year bowl ban ended after this past season, and their recruiting hasn't skipped a beat. PSU will not see the death of their football program come of this, but they've got a tough road ahead of em.
The 60-million dollar fines are pretty substantial, and while some will argue it doesn't come out of their pockets, the school will have to make up for those losses somewhere.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 12:35pm
NCAA is a farce.  Nothing less than the death plenty would have been sufficient.  

$60mm is only one single year of PSU football revenue.  the team will still play, who cares what record books say, those are not what pays the bills.  

-zakk

Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by zakk

NCAA is a farce.  Nothing less than the death plenty would have been sufficient.  

$60mm is only one single year of PSU football revenue.  the team will still play, who cares what record books say, those are not what pays the bills.  

Death penalty? Disagree.

Anyway, the sanctions levied against PSU are basically a death penalty. Especially under a new coach, that program is going to be in the cellar for the next decade or so.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Quote Redheaderr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 6:45pm
I second death penalty.  I have no pity for pedophiles and rapists, especially since he will be enjoying 3 square meals and television in prison on our $.  I can only hope the other inmates run his face into the ground on a daily basis.  You think he should have a second chance? He could have stopped any time after years of this behavior.  The higher-ups were notified multiple times, so I'm sure words were exchanged even though no action was taken.  All those involved deserve whatever they get for attempting to cover it up and looking the other way.  Sanctions against PSU are not a death penalty, look at USC and Ohio State.  The money is of course no big deal, universities have plenty of cash, but the loss of scholorships and 4 years of bowl ineligibility will hurt, if only for a few years.  Like I said, USC is doing just fine after their bowl ineligibility, recruiting limitations, and past wins revoked.  They still finished last year ranked number 6 in the country.
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
First time ever snowboarding

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 8:34pm
40 days until game time! The countdown begins. I'm ready for some great Big 10 match-ups. Born and raised from Nebraska, so cheering on the Huskers.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 8:47am
I'm hoping to see Wazzu come out of the gates progressively stronger this year. They won't be at the top of the standings; Oregon and USC have become juggernauts in their respective divisions of the PAC12. BYU will be a tough match out of the gates, but they kept a lot of games close last year, where they were getting blown out a year prior. And with the Pirate at the helm, it should put the last pieces in place to get their offense back on track. Their defense is still suspect in areas; but with USC and UO scoring at will, it's gonna take a big offense to keep up anyway.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 8:52am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

I'm hoping to see Wazzu come out of the gates progressively stronger this year. They won't be at the top of the standings; Oregon and USC have become juggernauts in their respective divisions of the PAC12. BYU will be a tough match out of the gates, but they kept a lot of games close last year, where they were getting blown out a year prior. And with the Pirate at the helm, it should put the last pieces in place to get their offense back on track. Their defense is still suspect in areas; but with USC and UO scoring at will, it's gonna take a big offense to keep up anyway.

They can't get much worse that their 4 win season last year. I think Leach will point them in the right direction as long as they don't run him off like Texas Tech did.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 10:32am
How bout the 2-win 2008 season (with a -31 ppg differential, and snapping their 280 consecutive-games-without-being-shutout streak), 1-win 2009 season (-26.5 ppg differential) or the 2-win 2010 season (-15.75 ppg differential). All inarguably worse than the 4-win 2011 season (-1.9 ppg differential).
I don't see them running Leach off, they spent big money to get him. The Cougs have suffered in ALL of sports for a number of years in that regard, expecting Maybach-level coaching at a Daewoo price. Definitely making it to the Apple cup this year though! :D
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 11:56am
I looked forward to seeing if Michigan is legit or not when they go play Alabama at Cowboy stadium. I don't expect them to win, but if they stay close it will say a lot about where they are as a program, and how much Hoke has turned things around.  
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 12:42pm
The ncaa's punishments against penn st are easily the most misguided, stupid and evil cruel actions that governing body has ever made. I feel for anyone who played there in the period since 98 since the ncaa seems to think it appropriate to punish them for what happened
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 7:40am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

I looked forward to seeing if Michigan is legit or not when they go play Alabama at Cowboy stadium. I don't expect them to win, but if they stay close it will say a lot about where they are as a program, and how much Hoke has turned things around.  

Not a big Mich fan, but hate the tide. so ya know who I'll be cheering for. :) Like you, I wouldn't expect a win either, but I'm shocked Bama is playing a ranked non-conf opponent. Usually they pitch in their SEC supremacy token, and don't bother playing a solid squad. Go Wolverines!
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

What are your thoughts on the PSU penalty?  I really feel bad for the juniors and seniors, I know they can transfer but you are committed at this point. With that said you know they had to come down hard on the university as it was a terrible crime.  I was surprised they didn't get the death penalty. 

Well to start out with, Emmert is an illogical idiot who consistently contradicts himself. He claims that the punishments were to make sure that the football culture of penn state is no longer as prevalent as it once was yet he issued this statement when he was chancellor at LSU:"Simply put, success in LSU football is essential for the success of Louisiana State University." Kinda odd considering he just slammed Penn State for basically having the same culture he strived to have while at LSU. Let alone the obvious fact that he broke NCAA bylaws saying that the NCAA does not have the authority to punish on matters such as this. 

What exactly do these sanctions even accomplish? They just hurt the universities ability to fund other athletic and academic programs. I'm fine with the fines, they actually effect those who were effected by the demon known as Sandusky. However, I do not understand how you can be logical and believe that by taking away bowl games and scholarships will result in healing of victims or a change in the football culture of Penn State. Plus you add the removal of games from the record book? What in gods name makes that punishment rational? How does that help either side? These punishments effect hundred of innocent kids who did nothing wrong but sign to Penn State, and do nearly nothing to help the actual victims.

I am sick and tired of hearing all the media slander the Penn State name. The university has been labeled as a football school without education filled with students who are stupid, blind and care about nothing but football. So before you accept those labels,maybe you should take a look at the recent accomplishments to society by the university. Starting with the fact that Penn States football team is #1 in the country in Academic rankings and "Thon" is the largest fundraiser for cancer in the country and is run by the students. The man who started the macintosh program, had a computer sciences degree from Penn State. The vaccinations to prevent cervical cancer, developed by Penn States college of medicine along with the heart pump. I could go on and on, you should get my point by now. 

Please, don't comment back saying that all I care about is football and not the victims. The entire Penn State community cares beyond what you can imagine. But when a community as a whole is treated unjustly based on the actions of a few men by a corrupted organization that spews out lies and contradictions and who punishes based on a non legal document created by a man paid 6.5 million, that is when we get upset. Tell me if this happened anywhere else, the fan base would not be upset. 

Oh and by the way, read some of the Freeh report. You'll notice that the media took parts of it, and ran with it. There are a lot of terms such as "it would be reasonable to conclude" not definite and proven facts. 

There, done with my little rant hahaClap

Protect your domes
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 7:05am
^^^ It's OK man.  You can always come watch your recruits play for Urban Meyer if you're interested

-b
get bent
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 7:42am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

^^^ It's OK man.  You can always come watch your recruits play for Urban Meyer if you're interested

-b

Supposedly the football team is staying together.  My question to that is why?  What could they possibly be playing for?  Take your eligibility and skills to another school.  I'm sure Urban is drooling at the thought of having his pick of the players, there are quite a few highly recruited players on the roster.  I'm sure Hoke will do the same.  Hell, for that matter all of the Big 10 schools should be taking a look.

Urban's already laying the foundation for his poaching:

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he had a ''problem'' with recruiting at Penn State, but didn't rule it out.

''I don't know enough about the rules,'' he said as the Big Ten's football media days began. ''If a player reaches out, says, 'I want to leave here, I'm out of here, I'm gone,' and reaches out to someone, the player has a right to choose, especially by the rules, to go where he wants. To actively go get a player on a team, I'm not sure. ... I don't really understand the rule, I'm going to look into it.''

Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 7:43am
^^^ actually the Bucks don't seem to have many open spots left on the roster . . . might take a couple arrests/dismissals from the team to squeeze tthose kids in

-b
get bent
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 7:48am
^ The season is young, plenty of time for some OSU football player arrests!

Illinois coaches were in State College, Pa., to recruit on Wednesday. Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez told reporters his staff has talked with a couple of Nittany Lions. Baylor coach Art Briles has said his staff was contacted by at least one Penn State player.

Not surprised Dick-Rod has already talked to some players, the slimy bastard.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 9:00am
I think the penn state penalty is dumb. What happened wasnt even related to the players. NCAA is really stupid sometimes. 
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2012 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by ctoma

Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

-b

Supposedly the football team is staying together.  My question to that is why?  What could they possibly be playing for?  Take your eligibility and skills to another school.  I'm sure Urban is drooling at the thought of having his pick of the players, there are quite a few highly recruited players on the roster.  I'm sure Hoke will do the same.  Hell, for that matter all of the Big 10 schools should be taking a look.

Urban's already laying the foundation for his poaching:

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he had a ''problem'' with recruiting at Penn State, but didn't rule it out.

''I don't know enough about the rules,'' he said as the Big Ten's football media days began. ''If a player reaches out, says, 'I want to leave here, I'm out of here, I'm gone,' and reaches out to someone, the player has a right to choose, especially by the rules, to go where he wants. To actively go get a player on a team, I'm not sure. ... I don't really understand the rule, I'm going to look into it.''

The football team is staying together because they are a family, and they get a solid education at Penn State. At this point they are playing for an entire community as well as eachother.
Protect your domes
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
First time ever snowboarding

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 4:32am

This could all turn out quite interesting for if Penn State will have a quality team for years. I know if I was a college-bound student even if I cheered for Penn State my entire life, I don't know if I would want to go be part of that program right now. Even in a few years, it would be tough to live around that image that may never go away.

j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 9:02am
I'm hoping SOME team can knock the SEC off their high horse this season. I gotta say, USC was pretty frickin dominant last year, and they'll be out for blood now. Watch out, NikeU, I think your reign might be over.
If not, at least the playoff system (like it or not) might bring a glimmer of hope.
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Viper713

This could all turn out quite interesting for if Penn State will have a quality team for years. I know if I was a college-bound student even if I cheered for Penn State my entire life, I don't know if I would want to go be part of that program right now. Even in a few years, it would be tough to live around that image that may never go away.

Well, I am a college bound student going to Penn State who has cheered for Penn State my entire life lol. I absolutely want to be part of the program and I am proud of it lol. Apparently the other twelve 2013 recruits agree.
Protect your domes
Instructor
Instructor

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 8:32am

Well, I am a college bound student going to Penn State who has cheered for Penn State my entire life lol. I absolutely want to be part of the program and I am proud of it lol. Apparently the other twelve 2013 recruits agree.

Just wait until they go home and talk with friends and family. A few more will change their mind before it's said and done. Who would want to play football for four years and never be able to win a conference championship or get a bowl ring. Also from where I am standing I wouldn't be "proud" of what your football program for what they tried to cover up.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 11:23am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ The season is young, plenty of time for some OSU football player arrests!

Illinois coaches were in State College, Pa., to recruit on Wednesday. Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez told reporters his staff has talked with a couple of Nittany Lions. Baylor coach Art Briles has said his staff was contacted by at least one Penn State player.

Not surprised Dick-Rod has already talked to some players, the slimy bastard.

And . . . action: 

Man I hope Urb gives that kid another chance, it was a lot of work to get his commit and he's supposed to be for real.  Lot's and lot's to throw away because of a(n admittedly stupid) possession arrest

-b
get bent
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by letourneau41

Just wait until they go home and talk with friends and family. A few more will change their mind before it's said and done. Who would want to play football for four years and never be able to win a conference championship or get a bowl ring. Also from where I am standing I wouldn't be "proud" of what your football program for what they tried to cover up.

Actually the team already was sent back to their families, or the families came to them if they thought there was some moving to be done. Most of the players however, said they didn't need that and that they knew they were still staying. Yes, they wont be able to win bowl games but they are playing for their own glory and if successful will become legends. They also are staying due to the fact that the education they receive at PSU isnt really comparable to any of the other potential schools they could transfer to. 

Also, your last statement is extremely ignorant. It was not the football program that covered it up. It was high up university officials. There is no solid indisputable evidence that Joe even knew. Do I think he did, maybe; but theres not any evidence that directly proves that. It was covered up by university officials that were disliked from the start. They will be punished for their crimes as they deserve. But I am 100% proud of my school and my football team. 
Protect your domes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>