Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Redheaderr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Redheaderr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College Football 12-13
    Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 11:47pm
Haha no skiers in Alabama to disagree with all us big ten boys up north. Go blue!
mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mrrorydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 5:24am
I'm from Alabama. I snowboard. I disagree. Michigan gets beat like a rented mule. I hate bama by the way, but they are loaded with talent. If i'm wrong i'll be on here Sunday morning to admit it.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 5:42am
I think Bama is a 13½ point favorite right now.  My feeling is the game will be closer than the spread until the Tide scores a meaningless TD towards the end of the game to win by 17.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 5:50am
Let go UTAH STATE AGGIES!!!
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 6:31am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Oh wow, didn't know you were a Utard, but glad you a Bronco fan.  Go Rammies!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 6:58am
Originally posted by CO_champagne

I'm not but my uncle is head coach and my cousin is starting TE on the team.  Have to support the fam!

I'm CSU alumni.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 3:43pm
College football 2012 is underway! 

... And boom goes the dynamite.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 4:15pm
"Skiers in Alabama"

....well they DO have a slope, ya know...

Rope tow bishes!

and to stay on topic: GO DAWGS!!!!
Nater43 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nater43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 7:58pm
Only game I'm really looking forward to this weekend is the 'Bama v. Mich. game, though I am excited to watch the Ducks play.
| Boards: '08 Burton Custom 156 | Boots: '08 Burton Freestyle | Bindings: '09 Burton Missions |
               '10 Reverse Crew 155
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 12:21am
anyone know that aaron rodgers little brother is the QB at Vanderbilt?  had no idea before watching tonights game.  Never even knew he had a little brother.  They almost pulled off the upset but hat blown pass interference no call ended their hopes.  
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 5:30am

I'm not but my uncle is head coach and my cousin is starting TE on the team.  Have to support the fam!

I'm CSU alumni.

Good to know.  Any thoughts on the Rocky Mountain Showdown?  It's been quite pitiful the past few years.  I don't hear much out in CA.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 1:02pm
My beloved WSU Cougars got throttled by the Cougs of BYU last night. Though a lot of the time it seemed as though they were beating themselves. The first quarter showed glimmers of hope, but our senior QB still cant get it through his head to throw it away and try again the next play. Tried to fit in some stupid passes, got picked off, and the defense is still too young/small to do much in those situations. Looking forward to seeing how next week goes, as this was the first legit game under Leach.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 4:50pm
Yeah DCC that's aaaaaall anyone heard last year watching any game that had Vandy involved. It was the Rodgers Show, just as bad as any FLA game was the Tebow Show. /barf

My Tar Heels scored an AMAZING 62-0 blowout today...almost a school record.

My Dawgs cleaned up a sloppy performance and came away with a win.

Bowling Green State made Florida look stoopit for most of the game...that was awesome!

The Clemson/Auburn game has been a really good one the whole way. Hoping Clemson can pull off the win (I hate Auburn).

A drinking Tennessee fan fell to his death yesterday at the Georgia Dome during the UT/NC State game. So sad.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 7:35pm
OU at the half tied 7-7 with the El Paso Middle School. Maybe they forgot that they had to go ahead and play the actual game. 
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 8:24pm
Oregon threw down 50 points in the first half!!!
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 10:41pm
man, hawaii has no defense at all...it was hard seeing them get torn up so...bad...

at least USC didn't cover the spread because that would've been...quite a bit more embarrassing, lol
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 3:09am
Damn....  that wasn't even a fair game.  It was as if U-M brought a slingshot to a gun fight.  Embarrassing performance.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 5:02am
^They looked like high school kids playing against a college team.  That was terrible.  I wonder if the state of Texas is upset about the smell coming from that turd the Wolverines left at the cowboy classic.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 6:15am
UM lost before the game even started with those terrible uniforms -- full yellow shoulder pads?  Does adidas even know what UM's colors are supposed to be?  As much as I enjoy watching michigan lose I was hoping for a better peformance.  That was awful. 

-b
get bent
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 11:19am
Originally posted by mommehK

Oregon threw down 50 points in the first half!!!

Against a sun belt conference team. I honestly didn't expect Chip Kelley to pull the starters after the half.. But he did. And Ark St did pretty well in the second half! Nice to see a squad not giving up :)

Originally posted by ctoma

Damn....  that wasn't even a fair game.  It was as if U-M brought a slingshot to a gun fight.  Embarrassing performance.

Dunno how anyone actually expected this to be close. the #8 ranking UM had before the game was WAY higher than it should've been. They have a couple make up games to get stuff figured out before the B10 schedule starts. Should be a fun in-conf schedule for most those teams.

And i know it's DIII football.. but the numbers this guy put up are just impressive...

psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 11:29am
Wishing sooo badly I could comment confidently about how bad Michigan looked, but PSU also lost to Ohio Cry
Protect your domes
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

And i know it's DIII football.. but the numbers this guy put up are just impressive...

Good googlymoogly! 736 passing yards??? 62-55 score??? Sheesh...
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 4:13pm
So what's the big matchup for next weekend?
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 4:19pm
The old Utah / Utah State rivalry is next weekend.

Georgia/Missouri has the potential to be good.

Otherwise I don't see very heavy match-ups...just by a quick scan.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 10:25pm
That DIII QB...wow!!

No top 25 match-ups this week
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2012 at 9:57am
The Cougs (wsu, not byu) play a very talented FBS school (Eastern Washington University) this weekend. The Eagles played a very tough game against the (defenseless) Huskies last year, but fell just short of the win. If you're into the whole "fbs upsets fcs" matchups, this one has a chance. I'm ordering a coug jersey today that will hopefully bring luck to my watching experience.... we'll see!
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2012 at 5:45pm

That was a beat down from the beginning.  Not only did we look terrible but we lost our best corner for the year as well.  Robinson plays like that in the Big Ten we will be lucky to make a bowl game.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2012 at 6:49pm
Still can't believe Cal lost to Nevada.  I'm going to hear about this at work tomorrow :(
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2012 at 7:22pm
The GA Tech - VA Tech game was a really good one. I wont spoil it for any of you who havent seen it and were planning to! But good one!
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2012 at 5:01pm
The tech game was a cracker. I have to admit I was rooting for the under dog
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2012 at 7:23pm
I know its really early to call and rice as an opponent isnt the best gage, but it appears ucla hiring mora may finally turn their program around
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
First time ever snowboarding

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2012 at 3:38am
It looks like it might be another year of SEC dominance. I miss the days of Big 12 being a threat... well, and having 12 teams. At least there is a lot of season left to go!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2012 at 8:14am
The BCS always favors the SEC (of course, it helps that the SEC has stood tall in the championship games for the last 6 years). Oregon's a good Rose Bowl contender, but that's about it. They're physically too small to be a good matchup elsewhere. USC and Oklahoma are solid though. Really hope Arkansas gives Bama a run for it's money in 2 weeks. Go razorbacks!
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2012 at 8:48am
The BCS favors the SEC bc its the toughest conference... strength of schedule is tougher for those teams bc they have to play all the big boys.  They've got the size and speed.  Outside of a handful of teams in other conferences across the country.. noone else can hang.  That being said.. both Oregon and USC looked good over the weekendbut that was to be expected.... didn't watch Oklahoma. Put either of those 3 teams up against the powers that be in the SEC and USC & Oklahoma stand a better chance imo.
MOAR powderz plz!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2012 at 9:28am
Originally posted by psubballfan12

Wishing sooo badly I could comment confidently about how bad Michigan looked, but PSU also lost to Ohio Cry

True, at least U-M was beaten (well, thoroughly trashed) by a real football team...
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2012 at 9:39am
It's weird not seeing TAMU on Texas' schedule...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2012 at 11:03am

I'm CSU alumni.

Good to know.  Any thoughts on the Rocky Mountain Showdown?  It's been quite pitiful the past few years.  I don't hear much out in CA.
CSU took it, and looked good doing it actually.

Can't wait to watch the Utah/Utah State game Friday.  Quite a bit of behind the scenes drama in that one. 
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by MTpow

The BCS favors the SEC bc its the toughest conference... strength of schedule is tougher for those teams bc they have to play all the big boys.  They've got the size and speed.  Outside of a handful of teams in other conferences across the country.. noone else can hang.  That being said.. both Oregon and USC looked good over the weekendbut that was to be expected.... didn't watch Oklahoma. Put either of those 3 teams up against the powers that be in the SEC and USC & Oklahoma stand a better chance imo.

If you qualify the SEC as the only other "big boys" they play, then yes. LSU's non-conf schedule. (Washington, Idaho, Towson,... then later in the season TAMU) is weak. Bama's (Mich St, W.Kent, FAU, Tennessee, TAMU, W.Carolina) isn't much better. Pretty easy to have a winning non-conf schedule playing the scrubs. Also when you're blowing out these opponents, you can sit your starters after the half, so when the tougher opponents do come, you're not riddled with injuries.
While Pete Carroll was at the helm of USC, he DEFINITELY made his mistakes. But while there, USC was the only consistently top-rated schools to have never played a FCS opponent.  I'm not really a fan of USC, but that lil tidbit definitely made me respect that era.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2012 at 8:22pm
Oh look, USC comes off sanctions and can compete in bowl games this year...only to be BACK UNDER INVESTIGATION. Classic.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/8339246/report-ncaa-looking-allegations-surrounding-former-usc-trojans-players
jason.huenefeld View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jason.huenefeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2012 at 11:35am
wow good job USC. good lord. the best thing about college football is that we are that much closer to late night and college basketball!!! 
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2012 at 11:45am

Originally posted by psubballfan12

True, at least U-M was beaten (well, thoroughly trashed) by a real football team...

Ehh I wouldnt be so quick to put down Ohio, they definitely deserve some respect.
Protect your domes
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 5:49am
Cal looked horrible last week. Hope they do better vs a lesser opponent today.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 6:14am
Alright lets go blue, need a bounce back game after that first beat down.  Should be a fun weekend of football.  Also excited to see how Texas A&M and Mizz do in the SEC
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Online
  Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 10:17am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

Alright lets go blue, need a bounce back game after that first beat down.  Should be a fun weekend of football.  Also excited to see how Texas A&M and Mizz do in the SEC

Hopefully... not sure how much of a fight AF will put up.  I'll guess and say U of M by 17

MSU should smash CMU

I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 11:49am
Glad to see AFA at least making it competitive in the first half. Making the Michigan defense work a bit.

In other news that penn state game was pretty entertaining. You know its good when it comes down to a last second field goal.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 1:07pm
Who saw Ficken miss those 3 field goals and then get blocked on a PAT? That was pretty sad. Feel pretty bad for him although I laughed when his PAT got blocked. the pat was exactly what he needed to get back on track but it was blocked and wouldve gone in otherwise. Still came back for a 30 yarder later though
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 1:10pm
^ Didn't he miss 4 field goals and a PAT? Or did I just miscount? Either way yea, tough game for him for sure

This AFA/Michigan game is getting good, AFA still keeping it close

Edit:

Holy jesus.. they just showed a time lapse of the weather for the USC/Syracuse game, those were some nasty looking clouds..
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by RastaRider

^ Didn't he miss 4 field goals and a PAT? Or did I just miscount? Either way yea, tough game for him for sure

This AFA/Michigan game is getting good, AFA still keeping it close

Edit:

Holy jesus.. they just showed a time lapse of the weather for the USC/Syracuse game, those were some nasty looking clouds..

I didn't get to finish the game but I guess he missed another after making the 32 yarder
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 1:43pm
Dammit.. AFA had a chance at the end, just couldn't get it done. Pretty darn good game though, Denard Robinson stuck it to em with over 200 yds passing and 200 yds running.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 2:12pm
Michigan is not worthy of being ranked in my opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>