Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 34567 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College Football 12-13
    Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 9:09am
Originally posted by lightning80

Luck already finished all his classes and was graduating..no reason to stay back another year and risk injury and losing millions of $ in the NFL. I gues he could have taken some classes and stayed another year..but..what was he going to take..ballroom dancing? Oh, wait..Matt Leinart did that... LOL

1) Yeah, can't blame a player for wanting to go make millions as a trade-off to possibly being permanently injured for free.
2) Ahhh, good ole Leinart.. where is he now? lol

Originally posted by grapeape2669

Originally posted by KidFlippy

Did anyone catch that sleeper of a game last night between BYU and Boise St? 461 total yards combined for both offenses. It's crazy the difference a year can make. Boise St has no offense now that Kellen Moore is gone.
Fortunately I didn't.  Pretty sad when your only touchdown of the game is scored by a nose tackle.

And am I seeing this right?  BYU scored and went for 2 instead of kicking the extra point and going to OT?  What made the coach think they would convert?  Clearly their offense wasn't having much success.  Idiot.

Mormon arrogance, perhaps? But yeah, totally! They held the BSU offense to NO touchdowns (or scoring, for that matter) the entire game... and that goalline stand was nothing short of impressive. Realistically not enough time left on the clock to do anything even if you do get the ball back, so why not send the game into overtime and give yourselves a chance?!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 9:55pm
Ill be interested to see how usc plays tomorrow-they were collectively distraught after the stanford loss
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
First time ever snowboarding

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 4:42am
Notre Dame is ranked #11, it seems every year they are hyped and ranked high then fall apart. It almost makes me not like the team. Interested to see how they do against some tougher teams.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 5:04am
Cal plays USC today. They have to be mad after losing to Stanford. Cal played pretty good vs Ohio state last week but the penalties haunt them. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I think Cal loses again.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 10:34am
I was parousing around looking for close games that were near their finish just a bit ago...
If any of you missed the C.Mich/Iowa game today, Central Michigan scored with 45 seconds left, but were still trailing 29-31. It was a really windy day in Iowa City, so as they set up for the onside kick, they were debating whether to have a holder for the ball, or to try to get the ref to block the ball. They opted for a holder. They kick the ball as whistles blow, and do not recover the kick. The whistles were due to a delay-of-game penalty, so CMU moves back 5 yards and retries the kick; and it's successful! No ensuing big plays on offense, but a big 15-yard personal foul penalty keeps the drive going. With 6 seconds left, CMU's kicker hits a career long 48-yard field goal to win it 32-31.

Glad i tuned in!
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 12:44pm
Gotdayum dem buckeyes were looking a bit sloppy out there today. Really can't believe that blocked punt AND extra point, but either way, 4-0 bishes! Big smile

kushman182 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 2:52pm
Happy with my huskers today, granted we played idaho state, but ill take 73pts any day! Go Big Red!
Boardingon22s View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Boardingon22s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 3:03pm
waiting for my noles to come on.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 3:10pm
Enjoy that 4-0 <cough> bowl-ineligible </cough> record!

On a shitty ass side not, my beloved cougs were beating colorado 31-14 in the 4th.. Had the ball on the Colorado 23 and decided to go for it on 4th and 3... didnt get it, and by proxy, of course, did not get the points... gave up a 70 yard pass play on the ensuing Buffalo possession... And on the next Colorado possession, gave up a 70+ yard running play. COugs kicked a field goal on the ensuing possession to bring the lead back to six, then let the buffalos score a td again, with 4 seconds left; losing 34-35. Way to shtooking go, Leach.
Get the damn points that are given to you.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 7:13pm
Damn, Cal QB Maynard sucks. Misses open receivers constantly. So hard to watch. Smh.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Damn, Cal QB Maynard sucks. Misses open receivers constantly. So hard to watch. Smh.

That sucks... the Zona QB isn't any better. Jesus H Criminy, he had a ton of receivers open tonight and out missed em. Half the time i thought he was recruited by the ducks to throw them some tosses. he succeeded quite proficiently.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 4:40am
Yea but Zona has been putting up some points. I was stunned that Oregon shut them out.  It will be interesting to see if Oregon can run the PAC 12 and make the BCS title game.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 6:02am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

Yea but Zona has been putting up some points. I was stunned that Oregon shut them out.  It will be interesting to see if Oregon can run the PAC 12 and make the BCS title game.

I think its Oregon's division for the taking. USC lost to Stanford and 2 games in a row where Matt Barkley looked average.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 2:33pm
No joke, i really expected USC to come out stronger against cal. And while it may be UO's conference champ to take, they still don't have the size to match up in a national title game. They're rose bowl shoe-ins, but the SEC is too big/fast/strong for the ducks to compete with.

Kinda surprised UO surpassed LSU in the polls, but i guess ya have to give props for a shut out like that.
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 3:19am
Wow, Oregon 49-0 over Arizona.  Does that establish Oregon's dominance, or does it just expose Arizona, who was ranked 22 before the game?  I mean that is an absolute hammering.
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 3:47am
Originally posted by kushman182

Happy with my huskers today, granted we played idaho state, but ill take 73pts any day! Go Big Red!
It was great to see them execute well. Saw some great blocking which really helped those long gains. I just hope going into Big 10 play Nebraska can keep it up. I think Wisconsin is going to be a little easier this year compared to the past.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Viper713

It was great to see them execute well. Saw some great blocking which really helped those long gains. I just hope going into Big 10 play Nebraska can keep it up. I think Wisconsin is going to be a little easier this year compared to the past.

I'm not terribly sure one can be confident in any team's performance against Idaho State. Throw an NFL team into a high school football match, and I'm sure youll see some great blocking too.
I will agree that Wisconsin is having an off year, though. Or atleast a weak start. It doesn't appear the loss to OSU was a fluke, as they beat UCLA in the Rose Bowl this last sunday. But the non-conf opponents Wisconsin had (UNI, OSU, Utah St., UTEP) generally would have been dominated by the Badgers. Instead, their average margin of victory in wins is only 6, and overall, they are only +3.75/game vs all opponents. Too close for comfort!
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:08am

Yeah Im really hoping for a better outcome compared to last year. This looks like itll be an interesting year in the Big 10, as a whole they dont look that impressive. Could be good news for Nebraska if this offense can keep it up.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:02pm
I'm hoping Notre dame can keep winning but with their offense it's hard to imagine they can keep this going much longer
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 4:02am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

I'm not terribly sure one can be confident in any team's performance against Idaho State. Throw an NFL team into a high school football match, and I'm sure youll see some great blocking too.
I will agree that Wisconsin is having an off year, though. Or atleast a weak start. It doesn't appear the loss to OSU was a fluke, as they beat UCLA in the Rose Bowl this last sunday. But the non-conf opponents Wisconsin had (UNI, OSU, Utah St., UTEP) generally would have been dominated by the Badgers. Instead, their average margin of victory in wins is only 6, and overall, they are only +3.75/game vs all opponents. Too close for comfort!
I agree it's easy to execute against a weak opponent. I guess it was more of "Nebraska is getting to the right spots to block" type of good feeling, compared to confusion of the formation and play they are running. Suppose any team has that in the first games of the season. One can only hope after such an easy win, the confidence level is not too high against a lot better competition.
SnowDiesel View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowDiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 4:13am
Rutgers in Top 25 for First Time since 2006!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 7:35am
Furd plays Udub on Thursday this week.. Really not too sure why the pac-12 games have been played on such an unconventional day of the week. Still hope the Cardinal light the huckin Fuskies up. It'll make me feel a lot better before the Ducks go to Pullman and light up my Cougs.
It's also nice to see the Beavs in the top 25 (in both polls), after those "upsets" (if ya beat two ranked opponents and become ranked higher than them.. it's not really an upset anymore, is it?!) The OSU/Zona matchup this weekend should be a good show. Interested to see how Zona responds to being destroyed by UO (thus vacating a top 25 spot), and of course I wanna see if the Beavs can keep beating solid opponents.

Otherwise, there are a limited number of intriguing matchups over the weekend. Florida/LSU has been good in the past, as LSU struggled against Auburn last week.. though I feel Florida is overrated for what they've done so far, so it may very well be a rout. Nebraska/Wisc would be a lot better if both teams were executing at 100%. And the OhioSt/MichSt matchup really only matters on the national scale to Sparty.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 7:57am
Originally posted by solocreep

Meh, I'm kind of used to it now.  We haven't had a good QB since Rodgers.  It's been a whole lot of hype, and then they never really amount to much.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 8:36am
^^^ Oh I didn't know you were a cal fan Rob.  How'd you like the way that OSU game ended?  I think you should be complaining about your kicker more than your QB.  (I liked that Nevada game too . . . ).  Anyway, I'm hoping to get to that stadium next year for the buckeyes game -- you got a ticket hookup for me?

-b
get bent
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 3:33pm
What a stinker of a game it was. A good defensive battle is great to watch but it seemed more like inept offense which made it hard to handle
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 3:14am
What is up with ND cancelling its yearly matchup with Michigan?  I know they have a half commitment to the ACC, but it seems like they could fit a game with Michigan in.  It's just too bad, because a lot of fans look forward to that matchup.
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 4:00am

What is up with ND cancelling its yearly matchup with Michigan?  I know they have a half commitment to the ACC, but it seems like they could fit a game with Michigan in.  It's just too bad, because a lot of fans look forward to that matchup.
Who are you talking about? Because when I see ND I think Notre Dame, and they just played this weekend
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 4:15am

Who are you talking about? Because when I see ND I think Notre Dame, and they just played this weekend

Notre Dame's Athletic Director gave U-M's Athletic Director a letter an hour before the game saying ND will play U-M through the 2014 season and that's it, terminating the agreement they had to play each other through 2017 or 2018.  ND thinks their shat doesn't stink, bunch of pompous assholes.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 5:03am
Originally posted by ctoma

Notre Dame's Athletic Director gave U-M's Athletic Director a letter an hour before the game saying ND will play U-M through the 2014 season and that's it, terminating the agreement they had to play each other through 2017 or 2018.  ND thinks their shat doesn't stink, bunch of pompous assholes.

They were only going to play through 2016 and then take a break for 2017-2018 anyway.  ND had to make room for some ACC games, I don't think it's because they're being pompous.  Both schools have said they want to continue the game in the future though.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 5:08am
^ ND is pompous.  Screw Rudy!!!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 6:27am
That's pretty surprising news! I don't particularly care for either of those schools, but regardless of how well either (or both) team(s) are playing any given year, that always seems to be an entertaining matchup. The non-conf schedule, in the respect of availability of number of games to play, is really a bit saddening though. Pretty much get 3 non-conf games, then the rest of your schedule is set. It definitely behooves each of those schools to play each other, and I'm curious as to which team would fill that void.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 11:25am

^ ND is pompous.  Screw Rudy!!!

I agree wholeheartedly.  Wish Mich would have done something besides just turn the ball over in that game, too

-b
get bent
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 11:34am
Nebraska's Tom Osborne announced his retirement as the AD today, sad day for Husker nation..
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 3:19am
Originally posted by 360faceplant

They were only going to play through 2016 and then take a break for 2017-2018 anyway.  ND had to make room for some ACC games, I don't think it's because they're being pompous.  Both schools have said they want to continue the game in the future though.
ND sucks for doing it because ND-Michigan is a huge deal for the fans.  There is room in their schedule, but they just want flexibility to do whatever they please.  Clearly they are pompous assholes.  They're too good to join a conference.
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 3:34am

Nebraska's Tom Osborne announced his retirement as the AD today, sad day for Husker nation..
He was a great coach, definitely will go down with among the best. It was at least nice to have him as the AD to keep his presence around. Going to be some big shoes to fill.
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 5:08am
Wow I cant believe Washington knocked off Standford, I only caught a little bit of the game, was pretty surprised when I checked the score this morning
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 7:21am

Wow I cant believe Washington knocked off Standford, I only caught a little bit of the game, was pretty surprised when I checked the score this morning

Yeah, i tried to turn it on the tv in our hockey suite last night, but it was shared with another group, whose kid stole the remote and tuned into some freaky ass thing with talking vegetables.
Nevertheless, i walked out into the lobby/bar area a couple times to check in on the game. I was amazed at how close UW was keeping it, then disgusted when i saw the interception that sealed it for the Huskies.
Gonna be one of those years where everyone argues that the Pac is weak cuz they beat each other up. Not really sure what the hell happened in Seattle, cuz UW sure as heck didn't have a defense last year.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:48pm
Ha that throw was terrible. Welcome to QB mediocrity Stanford
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 9:22am
Enjoying watching the WVU/Baylor game at the moment. Quite a shoot out! Then I'm pretty much forced to take a haitus from college football today, as I'm babysitting my nephew(s). Maybe i'll just throw the game on the tv in the background :)

EDIT:
HOly cow.. Geno Smith... 45-51 passing, 656+ yds and 8 TDs.. That is just insane. More TDs than incompletions?! Crazy!
sdip12 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Stash

Quote sdip12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 11:12am
Yeah i was watching the WVU game as well and that was insane he play so well. 8TD passes that is crazy! He is defiantly on the Heisman watch. I think he is a good option for the Heisman. If he keeps having games like that he can win it.

I'm watching the Georgia vs. Tennessee game right now and its a little early but its a real good game. Tennessee already has 2 picks!
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 2:45pm
Wahooo! Squeaked by on this one. Either way, another win for OSU! That's what I'm talking about!. Pumped tonight if you can't tell.
Side note, the movie theater down the street from me is going to be playing all OSU games on the BIG screen for the rest of the season! Can't beat watching a game on a theater screen Thumbs Up
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 3:14pm
^^^ Well, the Shoe is a pretty good place to watch from Wink too . . . .

-b
get bent
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 5:21pm
Um....GO DAWGS!!!! \m/
bluepolkadot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bluepolkadot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 5:44pm
go ducks!
GeckosGoMoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GeckosGoMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 6:42pm
Woooooh, Nebraska beat Wisconsin! Nebraska finally gave its fans something to be proud of this year.
I'm a dance floor tiger lady bumping everything she has, touching every single lad, rubbing every lady bad.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 9:24pm
The Baylor WVA game is crazy..score 63pts...and still lose..
aussie-boarder View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Tearing it up...

Quote aussie-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 11:09pm
Man i love american football. :D
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 5:38am
Originally posted by GeckosGoMoo

Woooooh, Nebraska beat Wisconsin! Nebraska finally gave its fans something to be proud of this year.
I was at this game, the stadium hasn't been this loud since playing Oklahoma about 5 years ago I think it was. The comeback got the crowd fired up and it was deafening when the blackshirts were on the field. The joys of college football!
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 6:25am

Originally posted by GeckosGoMoo

I was at this game, the stadium hasn't been this loud since playing Oklahoma about 5 years ago I think it was. The comeback got the crowd fired up and it was deafening when the blackshirts were on the field. The joys of college football!
That was a great game to watch, but it was way too nerve racking for me. I dont know what was said to them at half time but it was like a completely different team that second half, and its great to see that our team can make those needed adjustments. And did you see those uniforms? They were awesome!
GeckosGoMoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GeckosGoMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 10:55am
I wasn't a fan of the uniforms at all actually. They look too much like the Red Raider uniform.
I'm a dance floor tiger lady bumping everything she has, touching every single lad, rubbing every lady bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>