College Football 12-13

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 56789 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College Football 12-13
    Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 8:37am
Awesome to see notre dame completely prove the vegas oddsmakers wrong by pretty much dominating the sooners
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 11:17am
Originally posted by DCC

u guys see that lattimore injury in the south carolina game?? not a pretty sight at all. 

Yeah, that was ugly. Dislocated knee.. YUCK! And after coming back from last season's ACL tear.. that poor guy's future is lookin shaky.

Originally posted by dvdngu

too many upsets today....
And USC? don't even get me started -.- theyve been falling apart.

I'll get you started.. Arizona's offense has put up 39 points per game this year. That's a LOT of scoring. Their problem has been their defense has allowed over 30 PPG as well. Getting in a shootout-style game with the Cats is just a bad idea. SC should've slowed the game down and just kept Zona's defense on the field. On the plus side, this means the Ducks won't get as much credit if they beat SC next week.

Originally posted by Viper713

Yeah, Wisconsin is not as strong as the past few years. And them losing to Michigan St yesterday doesn't help them haha.

I saw parts of the ND/Okla game (was focused on Neb/Mich, which was a battle back and forth until Denard Robinson got hurt). ND just took off in the 4th quarter! In Oklahoma's final drive attempt, the snap went rolling under Landry Jones' legs into the endzone. They just mentally did not have it together and ended up turning it over on 4th down in ND territory.

My Halloween plans didn't end up working out, so i was able to watch the ND/Okla game. It was a VERY good match, played with a lot of ferocity, but a lot of sportsmanship in the matchup as well. I didn't expect that so much. When ND got the ball back for their "run the clock out" possession after Okla failed on 4th down, I was hoping ND wouldn't just take knees. I knew they'd be running the ball, and Oklahoma still couldn't stop that, which resulted in another Irish touchdown. That should go a LONG way in the updated BCS ratings today.
I'm guessing the following:
1. Bama - They made a statement against Miss St., no reason why they shouldn't keep their #1 rating.
2. KState - They destroyed Texas Tech, and should be #2 when the new rankings are released. (Florida losing to Georgia made my day. Really hate seeing the top 2 spots to the BCS rankings).
3. ND - To me, it wasn't quite as "convincing" of a win as the score suggests, but the BCS will see the score as a dominating win, and it should bump ND from 5 to 3.
4. Oregon - The Ducks shellacked a terrible Colorado team, putting up 56 points in the first half. Chip Kelley pulled all his starters from the game at the half, so the final score to the BCS rankings won't look quite as dominating as it could have been.
5. LSU - Beat TAM yesterday, but not in any spectacular fashion. Should round out the top 5, but still the only team with a loss in this list and out of the National Champ talk for now.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 5:51pm
And the new BCS top 5 are...

Bowl Champ. Series

Who's da man?! I'm da man! lol

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 6:54pm
^^^with Georgia hovering at #6! \m/

SEC just got even MORE interesting this weekend!!! Sheesh my Dawgs gotta win out the next 2 weeks to go dance with Bama for the conference championship (assuming Bama doesn't falter).
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 3:39am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Bowl Champ. Series

It's not out of the question that we will finish the season up with 4 undefeated teams.  Too bad the BCS playoffs don't start this season.
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
First time ever snowboarding

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 3:54am

Bowl Champ. Series

If Lou Holtz ever retires I think you could fill his spot! lol. Now the question is can you do this week in and week out?!

Looking at the top 25 rankings, there are so many teams that have come and gone and some come again back into the top 25.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 5:53am
Once again, the BCS mess will be exposed this year.  The talking heads are talking about who would play Bama... O or ND if they both go undefeated.

Umm.. what about KState?  If they go undefeted, i can't for the life of me see why they would be left out of the NC.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Viper713

If Lou Holtz ever retires I think you could fill his spot! lol. Now the question is can you do this week in and week out?!

Looking at the top 25 rankings, there are so many teams that have come and gone and some come again back into the top 25.

LOL ouch! Never thought I'd see the day I'd be compared to old Slobberin Lou! I don't think ND are the Gods of football (which any college football follower knows Lou does lol). I have laughed each time ND starts with a preseason ranking in the top 10, a crappy SOS, and they completely fall off the chart with some "unexpected" losses.
That said, they did put together an absolutely grueling schedule this season. I saw their preseason ranking (AP 26, USA today 24), looked at their schedule and thought "Good, atleast they'll be forced to prove themselves". And i don't think anyone is arguing that they haven't. They do have a bit of a dead spot in their schedule until the game at USC. Those games are still lose-able, mind you, but don't provide a chance to bump up in the rankings.

Originally posted by grapeape2669

It's not out of the question that we will finish the season up with 4 undefeated teams.  Too bad the BCS playoffs don't start this season.

Originally posted by JDiggidy

Once again, the BCS mess will be exposed this year.  The talking heads are talking about who would play Bama... O or ND if they both go undefeated.

Umm.. what about KState?  If they go undefeted, i can't for the life of me see why they would be left out of the NC.

I'll combine these posts, as they invoke very similar arguments.
If all teams do remain undefeated, this year does seem like one of those where a 4-team playoff system would be an ideal scenario. It's especially suspect, as they and ND had similar preseason ratings. Though it already seems the BCS doesn't favor ND as much as sports commentators want to, so I wouldn't worry much about that. K State has played a rather difficult schedule, 3 T-25 teams already with OKST and TEX upcoming, they have every right to be in the argument. And as they play more ranked teams than ND from now until season's end, they should become more heard in the championship argument.

Oregon also has 5 teams in the top 25 on its schedule (or atleast, they were when the games were played). With USC, Stanford and Oregon State upcoming (who were thrown a bit of a shocker in Seattle over the weekend), it should be interesting to see how they perform. Oregon lost to USC in Eugene last year. USC has absolutely shown its deficiencies, but this match effectively is for "Leader of the Pac" bragging rights.

Should be a great next couple of weeks to follow CFB!
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 8:53am
Man oh man my Cal Bears got wrecked by of all teams Utah this weekend. Sad times in Berkeley indeed.  Plagued by inconsistency, poor performers, sloppiness, and a coach who from my vantage point doesn't give a sh*t anymore.

But congrats to Keenan Allen on becoming the all-time receptions leader!  He's the man!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 8:41am
Ouch, Rob! Utah put on a steady series of points on ya! Don't feel too bad, though. They'll likely do worse things to the Cougs this Saturday :(.

I'll be cheering for the Trojans when they take on the ducks in SoCal this weekend, namely cuz i don't want the Ducks nearing the 2 spot. ND plays a weak Pitt team, and could easily be overtaken by UO if they win. I really doubt they'd overtake KState, as they play a ranked team as well (though, they get to host the game).

Then again, if Bama has a weak outing against LSU this week, that could throw everything into a funk!

Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 5:43am
I miss a couple days of looking at this thread and it became hard to find! (well, just on the 2nd page)
A lot of great ranked matchups today!

Alabama @ LSU
Oregon @ USC
Oklahoma State @ Kansas State
Texas @ Texas Tech
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 6:10am
Alabama is going to destroy LSU tonight. One step closer to another championship.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 9:48am
Decided to watch the Mizzou/Florida game. Mizzou has had a TON of chances to win this game, but their QB flat out sucks. I've seen him overthrow 3 wide open receivers by 5-6 yards, one of which was picked off by a deep safety. Even with the Tigers only down by 7 now, I don't see any chance for em to take this one. Lame.

My Cougs play a weak Utah team today. They played Stanford REALLY close last week. Hopefully they can build on some of that momentum and be able to grab their first conference win of the season.
kushman182 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 10:30am
Hope the Huskers can stop MSU's runningback Bell and pull off a big win today. If they can win this game i think they might end up being Big 10 Champs and see a Rose Bowl bid. Unfortunately that might mean playing oregon. Go Big Red!!
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 10:40am
Holy crap balls, Auburn might win another game this year. It is some kind of miracle. However any win for the state of Alabama is good enough for me.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 1:33pm
ND didn't show up to play in their game against Pitt. Only a couple FGs in the first half.. then when they finally do get a TD, they shank the PAT. hahahah,  BCS mixup, here we come! Haha..

Will be rooting for the Trojans tonight against UO. Go condoms!
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 1:50pm
Woop Woop! 10-0 bishes! Don't give a shit OSU can't go to a bowl game, I'll take a winning season any day. Braxton looked pretty damn good out there today too. Getting that throwing game down. 
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by batmanwest

Woop Woop! 10-0 bishes! Don't give a shit OSU can't go to a bowl game, I'll take a winning season any day. Braxton looked pretty damn good out there today too. Getting that throwing game down. 

I didn't think we would be undefeated at this point, especially if you would have told me that defense and special teams would look as bad as they have at certain points.  It's been a wild year.  I think Urb is going to implement some new things in the off week getting ready for Wisconsin and Michigan.  Should be fun

-b
get bent
jln_kang View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Audi R8

Quote jln_kang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 3:16pm
kinda upset by maryland's new qb...a real letdown
A.Tup View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote A.Tup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 3:45pm
That was a shitty call for MSU against Nebraska but plain and simple state beat themselves. Johnny Adams deff didnt help on the pick 6. I personally think all of the big 10 is shit this year spec with the 2 best teams not allowed to play in a bowl
Michigan Tech Paintball #12
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by A.Tup

That was a shitty call for MSU against Nebraska but plain and simple state beat themselves. Johnny Adams deff didnt help on the pick 6. I personally think all of the big 10 is shit this year spec with the 2 best teams not allowed to play in a bowl
The two best teams not allowed to play in a bowl? There is no way Penn St is the second best team in the Big 10. And as for the call against MSU, which one are you talking about? The blatant pass interference call on Kenny Bell in the endzone?
A.Tup View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote A.Tup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 5:37pm
Blatant pass inte!! he played that correct. Also yes i do believe penn is the 2nd best team in big 10 the entire conference is a joke this year
Michigan Tech Paintball #12
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 5:57pm

Blatant pass inte!! he played that correct. Also yes i do believe penn is the 2nd best team in big 10 the entire conference is a joke this year
If by correct you mean grabbing his arm so he had one hand to try to catch the ball with you are right, watch the play again, it was very obvious. And there are a few teams in the Big 10 better than Penn St. Ohio St., Nebraska, Michigan, and Michigan State. 

The only good team Penn St. has beaten this year is Northwestern. They even lost to Ohio!
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 6:01pm
bama better get their shit together for the fourth quarter, or ruin a perfect season... defense is getting murdered.
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by kushman182

If by correct you mean grabbing his arm so he had one hand to try to catch the ball with you are right, watch the play again, it was very obvious. And there are a few teams in the Big 10 better than Penn St. Ohio St., Nebraska, Michigan, and Michigan State. 

The only good team Penn St. has beaten this year is Northwestern. They even lost to Ohio!
First I will say there were some bad calls both ways for Nebraska and Michigan State. The pass int. on Kenny Bell can be argued forever (some say Kenny locked his arm under, blah blah...) Doesn't matter, there was a LOT more game to decide the outcome. I think the few bad calls came out about even.

I would have to agree that Ohio State is the best in the Big 10, but Penn State is not the 2nd best. According to outcomes of games this season I would say Michigan or Nebraska. Yes, the whole conference is not a powerhouse. These are just my opinions.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 7:49pm

ND didn't show up to play in their game against Pitt. Only a couple FGs in the first half.. then when they finally do get a TD, they shank the PAT. hahahah,  BCS mixup, here we come! Haha..

Will be rooting for the Trojans tonight against UO. Go condoms!

FUUUUCK. I wanted to post "in the first three quarters" when i made that post about ND... That was quite a 4th quarter comeback. but they got DAMN lucky multiple times in OT.

Bama will still likely hold the number 1 spot come tomorrow (though I'd argue K State deserves it more). K state will probably still be #2. No way in hell after ND's performance today will they remain in the 3 spot. Oregon's offense was nothing short of incredible today (though USC certainly exposed some holes in their D), and should take #3 come Sunday evening.

My cougs got absolutely DECIMATED by Utah today. 49-6.. FUUUUCK. And it coulda been a complete shutout if not for Tuel's TD pass on the final play. Their O line still can't protect the QB, which is unacceptable for a pass-reliant offense. They're the Arizona Cardinals of the NCAA, only without a defense to keep em in games. :(

Was super excited to see Bama trailing late... but that didn't work out the way I wanted either. Rough day watchin sports for me :(
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 7:49pm
Dang, no one wanted to play defense at the USC/Oregon game.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 6:31am
Originally posted by solocreep

Dang, no one wanted to play defense at the USC/Oregon game.
No kidding! Can you believe Barner had over 300 yards rushing and 5 touchdowns! Crazy display of offense, it was a fun game to watch
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 8:22pm
I know i said it last week but how many times will notre dame narrowly escape with a victory-i have a hard time believing they'll beat usc
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by timpiper

I know i said it last week but how many times will notre dame narrowly escape with a victory-i have a hard time believing they'll beat usc
I don't know about that. Although USC isn't doing horribly, they arent performing at the level i thought they would this year. I think it'll be a good game.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 6:20am
I really hope Collin Klien at K-State isn't too badly injured.  Not only do I think he could be a Hiesman, but there's something about this team that I like.  Snyder took them from the worst program in all of college football in the 80s and now... they could play for a NC.  That would just be cool.

Also, it realy feels like they are still playing the underdog role, because they are not Bama, or Oregon, or Nutarded Dame.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 6:32am
I am thinking it is going to be bama and oregon this years for the championship. reminds me of the auburn and oregon game from a couple years ago.
Costell14 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Costell14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 6:48am
While I am a huge Notre Dame fan, I really do not want them to go to the championship if it's against Alabama. They are men playing in a boys' league. Notre Dame should throw the last game so that they can win whatever other BCS game they get assigned to.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 7:09am

I really hope Collin Klien at K-State isn't too badly injured.  Not only do I think he could be a Hiesman, but there's something about this team that I like.  Snyder took them from the worst program in all of college football in the 80s and now... they could play for a NC.  That would just be cool.

Also, it realy feels like they are still playing the underdog role, because they are not Bama, or Oregon, or Nutarded Dame.

While he was definitely favoring his arm after that hit, he did have some solid downfield throws after that. I'd assume resting over the next week should have him back in prime form. I am really enjoying KState too. But as I've already said, I'm a huge underdog fan, and Kansas State is not a team you routinely hear about in the top 5. That, and them kicking ass keeps Oregon out of the champ game.. So more power to em! Keep it up!

Originally posted by cds4288

I am thinking it is going to be bama and oregon this years for the championship. reminds me of the auburn and oregon game from a couple years ago.

I think the Oregon team of this year is improved over the team of that title game, to the extent that they have added some size to the roster, but they're still a gimmicky, running offense. Mariota is NOT a legitimate throwing threat. He can hit wide open receivers, but you're not gonna see any needles threaded. UO fumbles a lot, but are benefitted by having the speed that generally allows them to recover the ball. They outran all their competition that year, then Auburn showed up and displayed an overwhelming abundance of brute SIZE, and weren't all that slower than UO. Bama essentially has that same mixture this year, and without having to dedicate to guard the pass, UO would be vastly overwhelmed.
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 9:12am
Oregon looks really really good as usual. I'm calling them favorites to win it all. Although Bama-Oregon would be a good game
Protect your domes
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 5:20pm
does anyone think that auburn is definately getting a new coach next year like i do??
mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mrrorydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 5:49pm
I guarantee Auburn is getting a new coach next year. 
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 7:06pm
Oregon does look good this year but im not sure bama can be beat. I really think the only two teams that have a shot are oregon and lsu. But lsu couldnt get it done this weekend and im not sure oregon's defense could handle bama, however i would like to see that match up for the national title
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 4:23am
yup LSU is out for sure with two losses this year already. now we will have to take out texas a&m and thats the last possible hurdle in the regular season.
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 6:21am
yeah, maybe if georgia makes it to the sec championship they might give bama a run for their money but idk, it would be interesting to see ohio st and bama but that obviously cant happen this year
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 6:28am
Did someone say Ohio State?

Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 6:40am
haha thats true but they are playing really well this year
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 6:44am
^^ Who's playing really well in the most overrated conference?

Isn't that like being the richest guy in the slums of calcutta?

j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:06am
Originally posted by ctoma

Lol, nice one.

Originally posted by kushman182

Oregon does look good this year but im not sure bama can be beat. I really think the only two teams that have a shot are oregon and lsu. But lsu couldnt get it done this weekend and im not sure oregon's defense could handle bama, however i would like to see that match up for the national title

When UO played Auburn for the NC game in 2010, Auburn was averaging 42.7 PPG against their opponents. in the NC game, they scored only 22. While the names on the jerseys have changed since then, I wouldn't say their defensive presence has.
I think it's an interesting matchup in that they both have to make adjustments to account for the other. The PAC is generally known for high-power offense teams (especially in the top half), whereas the top half of the SEC is predominantly recognized for their prolific defenses (hence why Bama can run up the score on Michigan or Arkansas, but really struggled to get those 21 points against LSU). Oregon wouldn't run up scores on Bama's defense either, so i'd expect the final score if they met to be fairly close to the Aub/UO matchup.
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:26am

^^ Who's playing really well in the most overrated conference?

Isn't that like being the richest guy in the slums of calcutta?

regardless of the fact that you think the Big 10 is overrated Ohio St is a good team, and braxton miller is one hell of a qb
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:29am

We'll see you in a few weeks Ctoma . . . .

-b
get bent
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 8:31am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

-b

Thanks for the warning, I'll call the farmers and have them hide their sheep.
mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mrrorydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 8:52am
[/QUOTE]
When UO played Auburn for the NC game in 2010, Auburn was averaging 42.7 PPG against their opponents. in the NC game, they scored only 22. While the names on the jerseys have changed since then, I wouldn't say their defensive presence has.
I think it's an interesting matchup in that they both have to make adjustments to account for the other. The PAC is generally known for high-power offense teams (especially in the top half), whereas the top half of the SEC is predominantly recognized for their prolific defenses (hence why Bama can run up the score on Michigan or Arkansas, but really struggled to get those 21 points against LSU). Oregon wouldn't run up scores on Bama's defense either, so i'd expect the final score if they met to be fairly close to the Aub/UO matchup.
[/QUOTE]
That's a good well thought out point, but you need to flip it in the other way. How many points was UO averaging that year? I don't have that info in front of me right now but i'm pretty sure it was in the 40ppg range. They were only able to muster up 19 points against a Auburn defense that was suspect at best by SEC standards. This Bama team is top to bottom better than '10 Auburn. Except at the QB position. If OU gets a chance to play Bama, which I believe they should if they run the table, they will get suffocated.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 9:14am

Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

-b

Thanks for the warning, I'll call the farmers and have them hide their sheep.

"I was just helping the sheep over the fence."

Oh you have been on a forum longer than me. Your right, YOU ARE more badass. shtook off..

-b
get bent
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 9:34am
^ Now you're stealing quotes from jamers?  C'mon, b-man, you're better than that!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>