Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 678910 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College Football 12-13
    Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 10:22am
Originally posted by mrrorydigital

That's a good well thought out point, but you need to flip it in the other way. How many points was UO averaging that year? I don't have that info in front of me right now but i'm pretty sure it was in the 40ppg range. They were only able to muster up 19 points against a Auburn defense that was suspect at best by SEC standards. This Bama team is top to bottom better than '10 Auburn. Except at the QB position. If OU gets a chance to play Bama, which I believe they should if they run the table, they will get suffocated.

You're right :) . I knew i was leaving something out in that post.. but i couldn't put my finger on what it was, and it was already an essay so i figured i'd leave it be lol. UO was also in the 40+ ppg category and Aub's defense gave up about 24.5 ppg that season. So the 19 UO only put up on em is pretty shameful. I reeeeally don't want it to sound like im trying to make a case for the Ducks. Hate em. Was just trying to suggest the scores in a proposed UO/Bama game woudn't likely be as high as this season's numbers would suggest. :)
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 10:25am
hahah someone seriously brought up OSU? Yeah right. They should have lost to purdue and could barely beat penn state on a day where the offense didn't wake up til the third quarter. They would get annihilated by any other top 10 team outside of the big ten. 
Protect your domes
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ Now you're stealing quotes from jamers?  C'mon, b-man, you're better than that!

To the contrary, I think that was incredibly clever on my part

Embarrassed

-b
get bent
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2012 at 9:07pm
As a usc hater im loving their three losses thus far and cant help but feel like they have another one in the bag to either ucla or notre dame
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 5:12am
one day closer to another awesome weekend of college foosball haha. texas a&m is alabama's last competitor that can actually even halfway try against us, lets see what happens. GO BAMA! maybe auburn still has a shot.. jk.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 8:59am
Looking forward to the OrSt/Stanford game today. I'll give the edge to the Beavers, as they have a solid passing attack and the Card's passing defense has not been a strong point for them this season.
I should make a trip to the store n get some Busch Light so i can have something to forget the throttling that UCLA is gonna hand the COugs today. The Cougs haven't beat UCLA since 2007 (when i was still attending WSU), and we all rushed the field.

damn i needed a haircut lol.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 11:23am
bammer jammer up in this piece. we need to shut down this damn A&M quarter back before we get our ass beat.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 11:37am
Haha! Lovin it!

The match between Northwestern and Mich today was a good one.. But NW's QB got injured, and it made OT a real struggle. Had no confidence in their throwing game.. and the running game went NOWHERE.

I don't necessarily cheer for Kansas, but they're on the same boat in football as my beloved cougs are (i.e., winless in conference). THey played HARD against TTech today. I hope they're able to scrape a W out by the end of the season. Iowa State looks to be their best shot. Come back strong, Jayhawks!
Also lovin that Louisville got knocked off today. THere was a guy participating in this thread rooting for Rutgers... Congrats on bein back atop the Big East :)
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 2:25pm
holy shit, thanks for the offsides bama punt return team... season = over. way too many mistakes.
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 3:56pm
Incredible that Alabama looses!
bmcmahan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bmcmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 4:40pm
I can see ND losing tonight, it seems like a night of upsets. KS looks like they will remain undefeated
Even his enemy’s list him as there emergency contact.

HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 5:31pm
I bet Bama still gets into the national title game. They will win out and they play in the best conference. 
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 6:20pm
BC is actually doing a lot better than I thought they would. Although a terrrible record, they still put up a fight, all things considered.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2012 at 3:25am
I can't believe Alabama lost yesterday although I do enjoy seeing Nick Saban with a pained look on his face.

Will the new Top 3 be:

K-State
Oregon
Notre Dame
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2012 at 6:52am
LOL Roll Ti... Oh, right... My bad. LOL

I completely agree with haven... the pollsters still want an SEC team in the NC.  "oh, it was supposed to be Oregon and Alabama in week 6, so we're still gonna' make it happen... right guys? guys?"

2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2012 at 7:06am
im for bama all the way but i don't think they need to be in the NC after the past two games. they got lucky for the most part and played pretty shitty. it finally caught up with them. I am sure they will still take the SEC title and a bowl game however.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2012 at 7:19am
Fuuuudge, knew I should have bet on Oregon instead of staying away from it. Seems like they always cover. Makes Parlay cards one pick easier.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 8:02am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

I bet Bama still gets into the national title game. They will win out and they play in the best most overrated conference. 

Noticed some typos in your post, so i took the liberty of fixing them. But JDigg is correct that the pollsters want an SEC team in there no matter what. The SEC has won the NC game (some deserved.. some not so much), and I'd argue that the media wouldn't even consider a national champ game this year to be "legit" without an SEC team in it to defend the title. Either way, the SEC occupying spots 4-9 in the BCS rankings is a LOAD.

I'm all for a K-State/ND champ game (This assumes KState and ND remain undefeated, and would hope the Beavs stand tall against the Ducks on Turkey Day weekend).
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 1:09pm
I too believe alabama will find their way into title game because notre dame will lose to usc and i have a strong inclination that at least one of the two, oregon or kansas st, will lose one game. In that instance alabama plays for the title
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 4:22pm
My Dawgs are in the SEC Championship. That is all. <3
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 8:28am
I will be a very happy person if ucla beats usc today-VERY HAPPY!
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 10:21am
i wonder if Alabama A&M has was it takes to beat auburn today?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by timpiper

I will be a very happy person if ucla beats usc today-VERY HAPPY!

Hope you're out celebrating :). That was a great game.

Originally posted by cds4288

i wonder if Alabama A&M has was it takes to beat auburn today?

THey most certainly did not.. so i guess it goes to prove the worst of the SEC is better than the upper-middle of the SWAC! woo!

ND stomped WF today.. no big news there, and won't affect their BCS standings. But if UO lays a smackdown on Furd tonight, it's very possible we could see a new #1. They're the only team in the top 5 (top 12 actually, 13th is Stanford), playing a top 25 team this weekend. I am totally going for the Cardinal tonight.. but it's gonna take a lot of work! If not, I'll have to go buy a beavs shirt to cheer for em next week (when im not getting smashed watching the WSU game, of course).
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 5:00pm
If Barkley wins the heisman after this performance, I know its rigged.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 5:16pm
Yes!!! 6 long years bruin fans waited for that victory over usc
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 5:58pm
Number one is going down looks like ND is in the drivers seat, and Oregon is in a close game with 6 minutes left.  Alabama might just get back in the title game.
kushman182 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 6:00pm
Baylor is just handling k-state right now! Im loving it i think they are overrated
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 6:06pm
Hell yeah thy are. They are gettin blown out today. Hopefully Norte dame falls next.
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 6:16pm
I actually like ND so i wouldnt mind seeing them in the championship game, but im really glad k state wont be
loulou09 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote loulou09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 6:20pm
Same here. Maybe bama ans Norte dame will be the game to see this year.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 6:25pm
That's what I'm sayin!! Bammer jammer is the way to go! Norte dame and bama wold be a good game.
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 6:32pm
wow oregon really!? cant believe they just missed that field goal
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 6:43pm
Wooooooooooooo bama is back ini to win it. So many possibilities now. It just got super real in the past fifteen minutes.
bmcmahan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bmcmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 6:51pm
I can't believe that KSU and Oregon both went down tonight.
Even his enemy’s list him as there emergency contact.

HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 4:08am
Best for TV ratings will be the Bama ND game, but ND still has to get by USC on the road and Bama needs to win the SEC title game.  Yesterday showed a lot can still happen.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 5:19am
Fuuuudge, the one time I bet in Oregon, they lose. I don't think they'll drop too far tho. But K state out of the top 10 for sure.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Fuuuudge, the one time I bet in Oregon, they lose. I don't think they'll drop too far tho. But K state out of the top 10 for sure.

No way K-State drops out of the top 10, that's way too far.

Stanford money line was +1100, glad I had a little piece of it.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 1:02pm
Damn u k state and oregon-collectively your teams have guarenteed us yet another year with an sec team in the national title game
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 2:01pm
WI ..... wow you are killing me this year.

Side not..yesterday at my work a couple came in (2 men about 60) and the one guy looked just like Sandusky ... you can only imagine the comments being made by co workers and 2 customers. It was funny yet I felt bad for the guy to be unblessed with his looks
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 2:26pm
cant wait to see how things unfold this next week. what a crazy year in football, college and pro alike.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 5:14am
I can understand Oregon only dropping down 3 spots cuz they lost a close game to team that was ranked 13th (I think). But baylor wasn't even ranked and they crushed k state. More than doubled their score and dropped only 5 spots?
And LSU has 2 loses and Florida state only 1, yet LSU still ranks higher? I never understand this BCS crap. Not even sure why I try.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 5:21am
yeah its all pretty mentally challenged but once 2014 gets here i thinks that is when the new playoff system is going to start for college ball. that will be extremely interesting.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 7:13am

Looks like the SEC will be in the championship game again...Angry

cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 7:34am
dont hate... appreciate. SEC is the place to be for good college football action. we dont have a pro team so we gotta have the college ball in bama.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 7:45am
i just think the SEC is overrated...TAMU couldn't even make the standings in the Big12..1st year in the SEC and they're ranked way up there just because of the conference they're in.
mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mrrorydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 7:53am
^ Yeah, I guess the SEC is overrated for winning 6 national titles in a row against teams from every major conference. TAMU is sooo overrated too for recruiting well over the past 3-4 years and playing a phenominal QB and having a good head coach. good point. Hell, to say you're tired of the SEC love fest is one thing. I live in SEC country and it's getting a little old. But, to say the conference is overrated is laughable.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 9:07am

Hell yeah thy are. They are gettin blown out today. Hopefully Norte dame falls next.

That's what I'm sayin!! Bammer jammer is the way to go! Norte dame and bama wold be a good game.

Who is this team you keep speaking of? :P

Originally posted by kushman182

wow oregon really!? cant believe they just missed that field goal

The "DONK!" off the upright was the most beautiful sound i had heard in a while. And UO losing made me feel less lame for wearing my Coug jersey out that night. lol

letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 9:14am
I gotta say that I was happy to see Kansas State lose this weekend.  I was hoping for an Oregon vs. ND match up in the championship.  Doesn't look like that's going to happen either though. 
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 9:29am
j_lucky oh my bad i was talking about alabama (crimson tide). bammer jammer just another name sometimes.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 11:27am
I knew what ya meant there, LOL. I was just being a d!ck about typos and bolded the double error regarding the Irish.. :P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>