College Football 12-13

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 7891011>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sourgummies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sourgummies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College Football 12-13
    Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 2:29pm
This year just goes to prove that college playoffs are badly badly needed
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 4:10pm
With rutgers and Maryland joining the Big 10, hopefully BTN will be added to my basic cable.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 7:22am
Originally posted by sourgummies

This year just goes to prove that college playoffs are badly badly needed

While I am definitely in favor of a playoff system, the way the rankings are done should be fixed along with the instituting a playoff. That would at least give a fair shot to anyone and everyone to reach the playoffs, rather than making every effort to pile SEC teams against one outlier.
If there were a playoff system, at least one of the spots could still be up for grabs this weekend. Bama would really have to s#it the bed this weekend to not face UGA in the SEC Title Game. The loser here will ultimately drop out of the top 4, which would leave the first spot open for UO/KSU (assuming they win their matchups this weekend).
And then there's the ND/USC match. It has lost some of its splendor, with USC dropping completely out of the rankings, but that just makes it all the more critical for the Irish to win. Losing to an unranked team would undoubtedly knock them out of any title hopes, and if there's ONE thing USC wants to do now, it's to play dream-wrecker. Even without the playoff system, I actually think I'm gonna have to cheer for ND this Saturday.. never thought I'd see the day!

Even though it doesn't have anything to do with the NC game, I'm really interested in the UCLA/Furd matchup this weekend. If UCLA loses, it would effectively become part 1 of 2 in the Pac12 championship game. (Furd owns the tie-break with Oregon, so regardless of how UO plays in the Civil War, a Stanford win guarantees them a spot in it). Good weekend for CFB :)
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 7:45am
I am starting to get a little worried for the OSU Michigan game this weekend. Home game, 11-0, and it's the Michigan game. Perfect storm dudes...LOL. Win or lose, it's going to get messy around here. I just don't know if I am far enough away from campus to avoid the couch burnings. Wanted to go to this game, but put things off as usual, and am not paying what tickets are going for. Currently there are 2 tickets going for 1600 on craigslist. Cheapest I have found for nose bleeds (for 2) is 450. Dead

Non the less...Michigan is going down this week!Thumbs Up
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 8:23am
Originally posted by batmanwest

I am starting to get a little worried for the OSU Michigan game this weekend. Home game, 11-0, and it's the Michigan game. Perfect storm dudes...LOL. Win or lose, it's going to get messy around here. I just don't know if I am far enough away from campus to avoid the couch burnings. Wanted to go to this game, but put things off as usual, and am not paying what tickets are going for. Currently there are 2 tickets going for 1600 on craigslist. Cheapest I have found for nose bleeds (for 2) is 450. Dead

Non the less...Michigan is going down this week!Thumbs Up

I so wish I could get back there for this party.  You going ctoma???

-b
get bent
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 8:50am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

-b

It's going to be interesting. The wife is out of town this weekend too...better control myself LOL

And yeah, ctoma, you coming down to the great Columbus to watch a royal beating? Wink I'll buy ya a beer if you do.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 9:13am
LOL, BMW, for that kinda trip, it better be that Double Bastard you posted a pic of in the randomness thread B-)
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 9:18am

Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

-b

It's going to be interesting. The wife is out of town this weekend too...better control myself LOL

And yeah, ctoma, you coming down to the great Columbus to watch a royal beating? Wink I'll buy ya a beer if you do.

If he comes to C-Bus to watch the game I'll send you kids a bottle of voo cliquot to pop in the club (during hang on sloopy, of course) !!!

Veuve Clicquots Yelloween At Tao &amp; Lavo (October 31) - ashley-greene-and-kellan-lutz Photo

-b
get bent
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 12:36pm
Cal coach Jeff tedford got fired. Happy thanksgiving.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 9:46pm
I cannot wait for the notre dame, usc game-just got even more interesting today when the usc backup qb said they will beat notre dame in his first start ever
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 4:33am
Originally posted by timpiper

I cannot wait for the notre dame, usc game-just got even more interesting today when the usc backup qb said they will beat notre dame in his first start ever

They're just trying to hype up the game for more attention. Can't imagine fans hyped up for a backup college QB.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 5:47am
I think this backup quarterback is worth getting excited for.  Most college quarterbacks were a backup at some point and USC usually ends up with the best of them.  Definitely looking forward to ND getting challenged by a 5th/6th in the PAC-12 team.

Really hoping for the Oregon State upset of Oregon as well.  
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 6:55am

I wouldn't say it got more interesting. I'm with Solo in that it's just trying to grab some extra media attention since USC has failed to live up to their expectations this season. They really have nothing to lose by losing this game, so why not make a guarantee to win it.
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 7:15am
What happened to Silas redd?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 12:02pm
Can't believe I have forgotten to post this until now! Little OSU support from our shop....Wink

Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 1:45pm
^^^ love it, keep up the good work

-b
get bent
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 2:28pm
Apple Cup final:
UW: 28
WSU: 31 :D :D :D :D :D

SUCK IT, HUSKIES!
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 2:34pm
wow lsu got lucky that they didnt lose today. cant wait for the bama auburn game.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 2:35pm
Colorado has to be the worst college football team in the Nation.  
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by letourneau41

Colorado has to be the worst college football team in the Nation.  

I'll agree with that. WSU had a REALLY rough year, but was still one fg (rather than going for it on 4th) away from winning that match-up this season, which would've rendered COL winless.

On the other hand, Kansas is pretty terrible too.

Maybe allow those two teams a trip to the toilet bowl this year?
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 4:48am
It should be fun to see if the BCS gets mixed up again today or not.  I am looking closely at the Big Ten title race as Wisconsin gets in because Penn State and Ohio State who both have better records are ineligible.  Wisconsin plays Nebraska today if they lose they will play Nebraska in the Big Ten title game, but if they lose and Michigan beats Ohio State then it is will be Wisconsin vs Michigan in the Big Ten title game. Go Blue
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 4:56am
Wisconsin plays penn state today.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 5:06am
My bad I read the schedule wrong Nebraska played already this week and is in the Big Ten title game, it is just for pride between Michigan and Ohio State.  
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 6:51am
Snowflakes are falling, perfect touch for today. Going to beat down Michigan. O.H. bishes!!!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 8:09am
I am definitely part of the legion of people that think notre dame playing in the bcs title game is great for college football-i really hope they win today
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 8:45am
I think notre dame should join the big ten.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 9:13am
time for Alabama to beat the hell out of auburn today. it should be at least a little entertaining.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 9:52am
I may have used up all my wishing luck yesterday cheering for my beloved Cougars, but for what it's worth today... GO BEAVS!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 10:23am
Hey ctoma.....

12-0 biiiishes!!! Time to party Clap
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 2:38pm
wow 49-0 bama wins. that is a whole new level of murder.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 2:54pm
SEC Championship Game is gonna be goooooood......
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 4:47pm
Seems ridiculous that Wisconsin is 4-4 and they are now in the Big Ten championship.
If the beat nebraska they make it to the Rose Bowl.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 6:52pm
well at this point an SEC team is in for the big game. cant wait til the bama and georgia game.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 7:22pm
Oh how far auburn has fallen
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 12:02pm
Its awesome to see notre dame in the championship game-it feels like some sort of renaissance.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 6:11pm

Hey ctoma.....

12-0 biiiishes!!! Time to party Clap

Have fun partying... by yourselves, as you won't be busy playing for anything important :P

Its awesome to see notre dame in the championship game-it feels like some sort of renaissance.

I'm lovin this! Starting the season unranked, and fighting their way to the top is an awesome story for college football. I watched the game against USC last night, and it was a really good showing. I believe they would have still won that game even if Barkley had been playing. And for all you SEC toters that believe that ND's schedule hasn't earned them the top spot.. consider this.

I am a little disappointed in the lineup for the PAC 12 championship game. Furd took it to the Bruins yesterday in impressive fashion. It's really not all that interesting to watch em do it again at home next week. Mora's had a great season, but that program is just not to THAT caliber, yet.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Have fun partying... by yourselves, as you won't be busy playing for anything important :P

Not this year, no, but I'll take an undefeated season any day. Yeah, no bowl games, no champ, but a perfect season mate. While the roster for the year wasn't the hardest at times...it's still an undefeated season, and I had plenty of people to party with Tongue
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:33am
Norte dame surprise me this season. Norte dame vs Alabama would be a great game to watch.
TranTheDoctor View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote TranTheDoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 9:09am
Anyone watch Rutgers totally screw up this weekend? Just wondering cause I go there. Also, how do people feel about Rutgers joining the Big Ten?
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 9:46am
Originally posted by TranTheDoctor

Anyone watch Rutgers totally screw up this weekend? Just wondering cause I go there. Also, how do people feel about Rutgers joining the Big Ten?

I am cool with it.
Rutgers has had some good teams.
Hopefully, this will make them more consistent.
I just want the BTN to be standard on comcast.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 9:53am

Not this year, no, but I'll take an undefeated season any day. Yeah, no bowl games, no champ, but a perfect season mate. While the roster for the year wasn't the hardest at times...it's still an undefeated season, and I had plenty of people to party with

Lol. thanks for takin that one in stride, BMW. As you know, I'm a Washington State fan, so I'd take an undefeated season too! But I settled for 1 conference win (against our rival).. If there's only gonna be one win, I'm glad it was that game!

Originally posted by Qwe740

usc is gonna win the national championship and matt barkley will win the heisman. mark my words.

So.. we marked your words in red ink.. How's that sound? lol. I know this is back on page 2, but I went back to overlook most of us being idiots, and found this one to be particularly specific lol.

There are a number of Rutgers fans in this thread, though none have posted recently. I think the Big 10 is gonna be a real difficult road for Rutgers. They've had a really good last 2 years, but they simply don't have the recruiting base that nearly every other school in the B10 does.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 10:08am

I like Rutgers and all but I don't think they'll be able to compete the way they want to in the Big 10.  It's going to be a much rougher schedule.  
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 11:04am
who do you all think will win between bama and georgia?
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by cds4288

who do you all think will win between bama and georgia?

I like Georgia better. Bama rarely played quality teams this year.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 9:38pm
Im just pissed that oregon lost to stanford, thus forcing us to stomach yet another probable sec claimed bcs title
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 12:19pm
uh, Oregon won the civil war, so I am very wrong and depressed.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 12:20pm
I sometimes think this year would be good for playoffs, but overall, there are just too many teams to make for a good playoffs system.  I think an 8-team would be fairest, but as J_Lucky said last week, the rankings are part of the flawed system and every discussion of playoffs or BCS reform still rely heavily on rankings (because logistically they have to).
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 2:53pm
Bama vs Notre Dame! gonna be a good championship game Star
kushman182 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kushman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 3:09pm
dang i cant believe that georgia didnt win, o well its time to watch my Huskers get a Rose Bowl bid, Go Big Red!
Chad21 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Chad21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 3:21pm
Cant wait to watch Notre Dame whoop up on the poor schmuck that has to come against them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>