Quick Login: Forgot password?

College Football 12-13

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Online Status: Offline
  Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College Football 12-13
    Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 4:19pm
I'm a UofM fan and I agree.  Sadly.
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 5:05pm
My goodness, my Bruins are leading against Nebraska at the moment.  Only the 3rd quarter, but I was expecting we'd be blown out.  Maybe Jim Mora will turn the team around after all!
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

My goodness, my Bruins are leading against Nebraska at the moment.  Only the 3rd quarter, but I was expecting we'd be blown out.  Maybe Jim Mora will turn the team around after all!

Hopefully they keep it up!! it's a good game.. but hope the bruins pull it out!  Would love to see neb lose!
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 8:11pm
Congrats to UCLA for the win. I still am a little skiddish of your group after hiring the Weasel, but that's a huge win :). Also.. Oregon State's win over WIsconsin today is pretty stellar as well!

Less impressive, but I'm gonna talk about it anyway.. is WSU's win at home over EWU today. EWU is a SOLID FCS school, and they fought hard, but I'm glad the Cougs pulled it out. WSU unveiled a $65 mill upgrade to Martin Stadium tonight, in front of the first sell out crowd since 2007. I'm not gonna say WSU fans are bandwagon ones (if they were.. we'd almost never have a following lol), but I'm sure everyone wanted to see the Pirate do work at home. Keep up the good work!
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 10:17pm
How about ULM knocking off #7 Arkansas. Today was a day of upsets for sure. So glad to see Nebraska get beaten by UCLA, can't stand the cornhuskers!

Pretty scary scene at the Tulane game though, their safety collided helmet to helmet with a teammate as they both went to tackle the same guy and he ended up fracturing his neck and collapsing a lung. Real scary situation. "Walker was revived on the field and a tracheotomy was performed. Walker is in the emergency and trauma center at Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa." 

Positive vibes sent his way.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 11:32pm
I just read about that Tulane player...so sad. He's stabilized, in traction, and they're gonna have to wait a day or two for surgery because of the swelling around the break. I just can't imagine.

Happy to say WELCOME TO THE SEC Mizz-who!!! hahahahahha
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
First time ever snowboarding

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 4:30am
Originally posted by MikeD13559

Originally posted by screwyvarmint

Hopefully they keep it up!! it's a good game.. but hope the bruins pull it out!  Would love to see neb lose!
UCLA played well, that running back 23 is a beast. Sad to see the outcome being a Nebraska fan but when we didn't play good defense (a trait NU is always known for) there isn't much that can be done. Good start to UCLA on getting the program going in the right direction!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 5:24am
Cal played better this week even tho they played some scrubs. But a win is a win.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 5:53am
Bad weekend for the big ten with Wisconsin and Nebraska getting upset, and in a week where most big ten teams win they go 6-6.  
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by RastaRider

^ Didn't he miss 4 field goals and a PAT? Or did I just miscount? Either way yea, tough game for him for sure

Yeah, he missed his first 3 field goals, then made one (and even the Virgina fans in the crowd cheered for him at that point). He had a PAT blocked, then later missed a FG that would have won the game.
I don't hold the players accountable for anything PSU has faced.. but I am happy when i see em put another notch in the L column.
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Originally posted by RastaRider

^ Didn't he miss 4 field goals and a PAT? Or did I just miscount? Either way yea, tough game for him for sure

Yeah, he missed his first 3 field goals, then made one (and even the Virgina fans in the crowd cheered for him at that point). He had a PAT blocked, then later missed a FG that would have won the game.
I don't hold the players accountable for anything PSU has faced.. but I am happy when i see em put another notch in the L column.

I couldn't handle watching him completely miss all of those attempts. Soooo disappointing :/
Protect your domes
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 6:34pm
It really is. When i was attending WSU a few years ago (right when Doba was really grinding his gears to push that team into oblivion), our place kicker was awful. Even the 30-ish yarders that.. hell, even I can make on occasion... would sail wide left on a regular basis. We lost 2 or 3 games that season off missed field goals at the end of the game. Really heart breaking
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 7:45pm
Jarvis Jones the BEAST!!! SEC Defensive Player of the Week & Walter Camp National Player of the Week....booYAH!!!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 8:12pm
How bout ucla? Pac 12 offensive player of the week coming from ucla, not usc, two straight weeks. Mora is really looking good so far as ucla head coach
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 8:35am
Remorsefully, I'll have to agree, Tim. But a weasel-free UCLA is one i can tolerate much more!

As far as other pac-12 news goes... (from Yahoo sports) Just 2 games into the season, Oregon has already lost two players to season-ending knee injuries; guard Carson York and free safety John Boyett, both fifth-year senior leaders.

York hurt his right kneecap during Oregon's 42-25 win over Fresno State last weekend. He announced to reporters that he would undergo surgery on Tuesday and that his season was over.

Boyett revealed to his hometown newspaper earlier this week that he'll need surgery to repair patellar tendons in both knees. The injury will end his career with the Ducks unless Oregon successfully petitions the NCAA for an additional year of eligibility.

Surely makes the Nov. 3 game at USC a little less interesting. It's hard watching two teams play, knowing one can't give it's best effort. But the Ducks should still be able to roll through the rest of their competition until that date, so it's likely good news if you're a Trojan fan.

mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 1:00pm
Tenn vs Florida or USC vs Stanford.

Which will be the better game? I think Stanford will be blown away even at home and that Tennessee will hold off Florida
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 7:26pm
...and Jarvis also picked up the Chuck Bednarik POTW and Bronko Nagurski POTW! damn son!!
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 5:16am
The Tennessee game has more interest because it has been a while since Tennessee has been relevant. I would like to see Standford upset USC though.  Also I am a Big Ten fan so I am most excited to see MSU vs Notre Dame. I think Bell goes for 150+ and sparty wins.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 6:28pm
and down go the trojans.  bcs is shakin up.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 6:44pm
man.. MSU lost to one of my most hated of all anythings.. ND...
The USC v Stanford game was a good one!  Didn't seem like that big of a surprise.... All I heard on any kind of sports talk from the experts all week long was  'USC had better be prepared'
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 8:59pm
I'm surprised the score in the Ohio st/Cal game was pretty close. I turned it off at halftime.

It also looks like it'll be Bama/LSU in the championship. (Again)
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 3:42am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Which will be the better game? I think Stanford will be blown away even at home and that Tennessee will hold off Florida

there goes that prediction. USC has lost 3 straight games (4 now) to stanford, I guess Stanford  has their number.  There goes the championship.
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
First time ever snowboarding

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 4:43am
Alabama is looking pretty deserving of their number 1 rank. Amazing to think the Arkansas game was supposed to be a good one to watch, just a complete blowout.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 5:03am
^ John L. Smith (interim coach for Ark) is a complete imbecile.  We saw it in MI when he coached Michigan State U several years ago.  Total wack job.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 5:12am
Lot of upsets in a week where there wasn't going to be many good games. Number 2 USC, #10 MSU, and #13 VT all went down.

psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 8:43am
PSU finally got that W! Hahah
Protect your domes
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 9:17am
Wow, my UCLA Bruins are now ranked #19 and are ahead of USC in the division.  May not last, but I'm sure going to enjoy this!
sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 12:16pm
Pitt needed that quality win to salvage any chance of a season.  Getting the freshman RB into the mix w Graham now is critical.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Blur510

there goes that prediction. USC has lost 3 straight games (4 now) to stanford, I guess Stanford  has their number.  There goes the championship.

Yeah, WIth the way the BCS ratings go, USC's chances are pretty much shot now.
UCLA is playing some pretty high-power football. The cougs could take a lesson or two from them lol. THey beat UNLV last year 59-7, but just edged em 35-27 this season.. really hard to get a read on those guys! :(
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 5:47pm

Originally posted by Blur510

Yeah, WIth the way the BCS ratings go, USC's chances are pretty much shot now.UCLA is playing some pretty high-power football. The cougs could take a lesson or two from them lol. THey beat UNLV last year 59-7, but just edged em 35-27 this season.. really hard to get a read on those guys! :(

ha terrible calls on my behalf both wrong!! Eventually they may have an off day but Bama are looking like they'll just roll onto the national championship
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Viper713

Alabama is looking pretty deserving of their number 1 rank. Amazing to think the Arkansas game was supposed to be a good one to watch, just a complete blowout.

Yeah.... But, they didn't have their #1 player.. their starting QB.. no chance against w/ out him
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 7:35pm
Three of the top 5 in this week's AP Poll are SEC teams, including my Dawgs.
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2012 at 3:25am
Originally posted by DCC

So much preseason hype down the drain.  Seems like Stanford just has their number.  I liked that Stanford's defense just kept bringing pressure at the end of that game.  There is nothing I hate more than seeing a soft prevent defense giving up huge chunks of yardage at the end of a game.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2012 at 5:49am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Originally posted by DCC

So much preseason hype down the drain.  Seems like Stanford just has their number.  I liked that Stanford's defense just kept bringing pressure at the end of that game.  There is nothing I hate more than seeing a soft prevent defense giving up huge chunks of yardage at the end of a game.

Barkley's heisman hopes just went bye, bye.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2012 at 6:12am
Barkley is a media golden boy they run the rest of the table in the Pac 12 he still will get it.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2012 at 9:16am
Originally posted by mommehK

Yah, that's pretty much owning. And i like that Georgia introduced Mizzou to the SEC by demolishing em.

FSU in the top 5 is a little... preemptive. Yeah they're blowing out their opponents, but Murray St, Savannah St and Wake Forest don't exactly scream talent. This weekend's game against Clemson should be good though :).

It's exciting to see a number of Pac12 teams rounding out the top 25.. and a few are teams that weren't even being talked about last year.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 3:48am

Originally posted by mommehK

Yah, that's pretty much owning. And i like that Georgia introduced Mizzou to the SEC by demolishing em.

FSU in the top 5 is a little... preemptive. Yeah they're blowing out their opponents, but Murray St, Savannah St and Wake Forest don't exactly scream talent. This weekend's game against Clemson should be good though :).

It's exciting to see a number of Pac12 teams rounding out the top 25.. and a few are teams that weren't even being talked about last year.
It's early yet.  The Pac 12 was pathetic last year.  We'll see how they fare as the season goes on.  I'd like to see UCLA stay relevant, but they are UCLA, so I'm not keeping my hopes up.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 8:46pm
As a ucla fan im still loving the fact stanford beat usc for the fourth straight time-this one being the most meaningful considering usc's expectations
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 8:46am
Go Clemson.Tongue
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 3:39pm
This Stanford victory was especially important because of the perceived drop-off they would have after losing Luck.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 6:03pm
"losing luck" makes it sound like he entered the draft early and the team was screwed. he stuck around his senior year (and for a free stanford education, who wouldn't?!), and they had time to teach the new QB some of the tricks. Given it's hardly a lateral step, but its not a complete turd of a situation. I was really looking forward to USC kickin some ass and possibly ending the streak of SEC championships... guess I'll have to wait til next year with the playoffs for a solid contender.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 3:49am
Is it just me, or does it seem like Notre Dame is going to hammer Michigan in South Bend on Saturday?  I think they're going to eat Denard Robinson alive, but I guess we'll see.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 4:55am

Is it just me, or does it seem like Notre Dame is going to hammer Michigan in South Bend on Saturday?  I think they're going to eat Denard Robinson alive, but I guess we'll see.

ND's defense looked really good against MSU but Denard is ND's kryptonite.  In 2010 Denard threw for 244 yards and 1 TD, rushed for 258 yards and 2 TDs.  In 2011 he threw for 338 yards, 4 TDs, 3 Ints and rushed for 108 yards and 1 TD.

Denard is the wildcard in this game.  If ND's defense can contain D-Rob they should win.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 5:25am

"losing luck" makes it sound like he entered the draft early and the team was screwed. he stuck around his senior year (and for a free stanford education, who wouldn't?!), and they had time to teach the new QB some of the tricks. Given it's hardly a lateral step, but its not a complete turd of a situation. I was really looking forward to USC kickin some ass and possibly ending the streak of SEC championships... guess I'll have to wait til next year with the playoffs for a solid contender.

He redshirted so he did have 1 more year of eligibility.  It was a given he was leaving though.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 8:33am
Originally posted by ctoma

ND's defense looked really good against MSU but Denard is ND's kryptonite.  In 2010 Denard threw for 244 yards and 1 TD, rushed for 258 yards and 2 TDs.  In 2011 he threw for 338 yards, 4 TDs, 3 Ints and rushed for 108 yards and 1 TD.

Denard is the wildcard in this game.  If ND's defense can contain D-Rob they should win.

Nice stats! Bama semed to contain him pretty well (11/26 for 200 yards; 1td, 2int).. so if they're in the film room, maybe they'll get some ideas!

Originally posted by 360faceplant

He redshirted so he did have 1 more year of eligibility.  It was a given he was leaving though.

Oops! I stand corrected! I follow the pac pretty closely but i must've spaced that tidbit. I truly did expect Furd to fall off the table after Luck et al. entered the draft. Kudos to their coaching staff for keeping 'em in it :). <EDIT Pt.I> The rest of the pac seems to be kinda hit-and-miss (again) this year.

<EDIT Pt.II>... Also, there's a matchup between BYU and Boise St. tonight. Both irrelevant in the national scheme this year, but should be an interesting bout nonetheless. BYU handled my beloved cougs quite well, but last week lost a close one at Utah, so I'm curious how they'll do in this matchup.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 8:37am
Luck already finished all his classes and was graduating..no reason to stay back another year and risk injury and losing millions of $ in the NFL. I gues he could have taken some classes and stayed another year..but..what was he going to take..ballroom dancing? Oh, wait..Matt Leinart did that... LOL
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 9:50pm
Im hoping ND can keep it going and put a beat down on michigan this weekend
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 3:49am
Originally posted by ctoma

They have definitely had their issues with him in the past, but I think ND's defense is better this year, and I think good teams have figured Denard out for the most part.  Alabama had absolutely no problem containing him.
KidFlippy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote KidFlippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 4:32am
Did anyone catch that sleeper of a game last night between BYU and Boise St? 461 total yards combined for both offenses. It's crazy the difference a year can make. Boise St has no offense now that Kellen Moore is gone.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 5:02am
Originally posted by KidFlippy

Did anyone catch that sleeper of a game last night between BYU and Boise St? 461 total yards combined for both offenses. It's crazy the difference a year can make. Boise St has no offense now that Kellen Moore is gone.
Fortunately I didn't.  Pretty sad when your only touchdown of the game is scored by a nose tackle.

And am I seeing this right?  BYU scored and went for 2 instead of kicking the extra point and going to OT?  What made the coach think they would convert?  Clearly their offense wasn't having much success.  Idiot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>