Aurora Shooting

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora Shooting
    Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 8:40am
The guy was a student where i work and i park next to his apartment every day. what is wrong with people like that? I feel terrible for the people who died and their family. why does the media interview people who just had their kid killed and wife shot. pretty f'ed up the entire situation
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 9:19am
More effed up when this guy was wearing riot gear and using tear gas, as if he needed that. All it takes is one psycho to change the countless lives. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 9:23am
Wow, that's crazy then you must of probably seen him and crossed paths with him before!  As to why people act that way, we will never know...it's too dark.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by bdanross

The guy was a student where i work and i park next to his apartment every day. what is wrong with people like that? I feel terrible for the people who died and their family. why does the media interview people who just had their kid killed and wife shot. pretty f'ed up the entire situation

Yeah pretty bad, I drive by the area often but never spend much time there. Hopefully there aren't any copy cat type attacks....Global Dance Festival is this weekend
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 11:10am
http://www.9news.com/news/article/278707/71/Shooting-in-Aurora
this is so terrible. And whats even worse is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason for what he did at the moment either. It seemed as if it was completely random.
killclimbz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 11:31am
I have friends who work at the medical center.  The theater is less than a mile from my house.  It is rather hard to process this.  
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 11:52am
One of the shooting victims came forward and posted some photos this morning. Pretty traumatizing stuff. 
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by killclimbz

I have friends who work at the medical center.  The theater is less than a mile from my house.  It is rather hard to process this.  

Likewise, I have two friends that work at Childrens 
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by dvdngu

http://www.9news.com/news/article/278707/71/Shooting-in-Aurora
this is so terrible. And whats even worse is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason for what he did at the moment either. It seemed as if it was completely random.

It was anything but random, he had it well planned.  I'm sure in his mind he knows what made him do it.

Mankind is the scariest animal to walk the earth.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 12:46pm
word of advice for people living near his apartment...STAY AWAY FROM IT. it's booby trapped and rigged! :/

and remember to report anything suspicious, i think cops are still in the middle of combing it!
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 12:50pm
They couldn't get close to it if they wanted to, police have completely shut down the surrounding area
JoeRocket1212 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 1:10pm
he's still alive...  i am curious to follow this story...  i mean, was doing his doctrine, why would he do this randomly?
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by JoeRocket1212

he's still alive...  i am curious to follow this story...  i mean, was doing his doctrine, why would he do this randomly?

dude is effed in the head.  identified himself as The Joker to the cops.  

insanity plea in 3...2...1...
-zakk

rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by twolf123

word of advice for people living near his apartment...STAY AWAY FROM IT. it's booby trapped and rigged! :/

and remember to report anything suspicious, i think cops are still in the middle of combing it!

The police have ordered evacuations for the 5 surrounding buildings...
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 1:53pm
the guy knows hes going to jail forever right? how does someone just snap like that?
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by BoxStomper

the guy knows hes going to jail forever right? how does someone just snap like that?
Actually he will probably get the death penalty.  I was watching the news and they reported that Colorado hasn't given anyone the death penalty since 1996, but that it is likely that prosecutors will seek the death penalty against him.  He deserves to die and much more.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 3:01pm
Just skyping our friends in Colorado Springs. Even down there they seemed pretty shaken by it. On the news while were talking to them I think the report said something about him being in academic trouble recently?

I just don't understand how someone gets to that point in their head, where they do such a thing?

Booby trapping his place etc as well, just messed up.

So many live affected by one person.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:06pm
What an asshole. Wish he had just shot himself instead and saved everyone else the troubles. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by getkong

What an asshole. Wish he had just shot himself instead and saved everyone else the troubles. 

And now we get to pay for his housing, food and medical for 60 years. Woo!
MurphyMasta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MurphyMasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:22pm
This guy clearly premeditated all of this... hopefully he gets the penalty he deserves.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:27pm
They just had a briefing with the aurora chief of police. Apparently he bought all 4 of the guns in the last 60 days legally, as well as 6000 rounds and many magazines including a 100 round drum for the ar-15 again legally.

There's no doubt this was premeditated and never really was any

MurphyMasta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MurphyMasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:32pm
yeah i just thought that premeditation usually helps rule a death penalty verdict in cases like these. wonder if he can plea insanity. either way i feel so bad for everyone who lost someone. i can't even begin to imagine the trauma the victims are dealing with.
Nire333 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nire333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:43pm
Although I do believe his thoughts were very malevolent. I do not believe this man was "insane".

He put a lot of time and planning into the shooting, before the actual shooting took place. If he was "insane" I do not believe he would have been capable of showing the intelect that was required to set up the traps and plan the series of events as they were supposed to occur.

I do think he is worthy of a life sentence (I won't say that anyone DESERVES death).

Prayers going out to all the famalies affected by this tragedy.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Nire333

Although I do believe his thoughts were very malevolent. I do not believe this man was "insane".

He put a lot of time and planning into the shooting, before the actual shooting took place. If he was "insane" I do not believe he would have been capable of showing the intelect that was required to set up the traps and plan the series of events as they were supposed to occur.

I do think he is worthy of a life sentence (I won't say that anyone DESERVES death).

Prayers going out to all the famalies affected by this tragedy.

Well, I will.

If I purposely kill another human, then I deserve to lose my own life as punishment.

Its only fair.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:50pm
This one really upset me today, FWIW.  My condolences to all of the front-range folks, things will not be the same there (in a bad way).  Keep your heads up

-b
get bent
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 5:10pm
Seriously one of the craziest things I've heard in a LONG time. Condolences to all those who were affected by this... I also heard he attended ucsd for his undergrad. The crazy things this world has made....
quiksilverkira View Drop Down
Local
Local
Nike Chosen

Quote quiksilverkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 5:21pm
He is obviously messed up in the head but it is just as obvious that he knew exactly what he was doing. This guy probably saw the last batman movie and decided he wanted to become a "Joker" type character. I wouldn't be surprised if his only motive for this was to cause chaos so he could mimic the Joker in the movie. It's really sad that so many people's lives were taken because of this guy
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 5:56pm
The preparation he went through which includes rigging his apartment with flammable and explosive traps indicates this attack was premeditated.  Death penalty is warranted here, absolutely no doubt.

Senseless killings boggle my mind, living in the Detroit suburbs I read about them way too often.  Mass shootings on this level are even more difficult to comprehend.  How can a human being take the lives of so many others?  It's upsetting, maddening and mind boggling all at the same time.
evo_1320 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Snowboarding

Quote evo_1320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 6:09pm
Death penalty is what it will be.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 10:08pm
it's not about what any of us want, let the people it affected to be the judge.

but in my personal opinion. keep him in a padded cell, that's what the joker would want. it's what he would want, so why the hell not?
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 3:49am
Originally posted by twolf123

but in my personal opinion. keep him in a padded cell, that's what the joker would want. it's what he would want, so why the hell not?

...can't tell if serious. Really kind of hope not serious...
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 4:01am
^ I'm with you, I hope twolf123 isn't serious.  There is no reason James Holmes should continue to live, a waste of oxygen.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 4:25am
+1 to that.  There are some clear cut crimes like this one that the death penalty are made for.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 4:49am
Hopefully they dont execute him too soon. Let inmates make him their b¡tch. No roit gear to protect him in prison.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 8:39am
But him in a cell so he can get butt raped all day before they execute him if that's what they plan on doing.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 8:47am
^Thumbs Up
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 9:58am
^^I was thinking of the same type of punishment. That guy is a complete scum bag and deserves nothing less. Absolutely terrible
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 10:52pm
well, if you kill him, that effectively silences him...on that note, why not just do what midget says? keep him alive and let him die off on his own and be forgotten. that way, it would be more difficult for someone to find and look him up than let the media make a big deal about his death penalty
Kighted View Drop Down
Local
Local
Riden'

Quote Kighted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 4:26am
I hope that people follow up on this story. I hate when there is a tragedy, and people on follow it because of the destruction. We need to follow through and make sure that justice is served.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 4:38am
well it was such a huge thing that happened. it is bound to be updated if and when he gets caught
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 6:39am
Originally posted by winn

well it was such a huge thing that happened. it is bound to be updated if and when he gets caught

Have you even read anything about the story? He was caught right after it happened...

And being that this is the biggest mass shooting in our history it will definitely be followed up on
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 7:23am
Unless a friend or family member gets to this maniac, he will be around for a long time. They will bury him in a prison or psychiatric prison so that they can study him & his personality in an attempt to profile future maniacs. ....i live in Colorado not too far from where this happened (not that it makes a difference where i live) & it is a terribly sad & frightening event.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 7:33am
One of the other very sad aspects of this horrific event is the media's (local & national) coverage of this event. Their vulgar and ghoulish mad rush to 'create' a story rather than reporting actual facts has been nothing short of disgusting. There has been so much mis-information & grossly incorrect information reported in the mad rush for these media outlets to be the first to report some tidbit of information. The biggest problem with this is the total disrespect and disregard for those directly affected by this tragedy. ...not to mention that the incorrect information becomes an instant fact when most of the time the 'real' facts don't surface for days.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 8:42am
Originally posted by shing02

well, if you kill him, that effectively silences him...on that note, why not just do what midget says? keep him alive and let him die off on his own and be forgotten. that way, it would be more difficult for someone to find and look him up than let the media make a big deal about his death penalty

AngryMidget suggested putting him in general population with the rest of the psychos for awhile before moving him to death row.

That way he will recieve some street justice before he gets put to sleep.

You gotta remember, keeping these high profile prisoners costs the tax payers many 10s of thousands of dollars a year. if the average maximum security prisoner costs the state around 50k a year, someone like him will easily cost double that amount.

Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 9:07am
Originally posted by chillwill

You gotta remember, keeping these high profile prisoners costs the tax payers many 10s of thousands of dollars a year. if the average maximum security prisoner costs the state around 50k a year, someone like him will easily cost double that amount.

Even if they put him on death row, it could still take years before they actually do the deed of killing him so either way, he's gonna cost taxpayers money.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Oinker

One of the other very sad aspects of this horrific event is the media's (local & national) coverage of this event. Their vulgar and ghoulish mad rush to 'create' a story rather than reporting actual facts has been nothing short of disgusting. There has been so much mis-information & grossly incorrect information reported in the mad rush for these media outlets to be the first to report some tidbit of information. The biggest problem with this is the total disrespect and disregard for those directly affected by this tragedy. ...not to mention that the incorrect information becomes an instant fact when most of the time the 'real' facts don't surface for days.

I'm interested to hear what you felt was mis-information. Genuinely. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 10:11am
^ I don't know what he was specifically talking about, but the aurora police chief has urged the media during each of his briefings to not believe everything they read from the Internet and that there's a lot of misinformation out there. Again I don't know what specifically but there is definitely misinformation being reported
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 10:13am
There are some really big conspiracy floating out there. Pretty unbelievable. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 11:03am
I feel like I'm tuning it out or something.
That or I'm just feeding right into the line of Bull. LOL

Conspiracy comes with the "why" question. I don't really care why he did it.  Is that the speculative side of the argument? That and the whole, "he was calling himself the joker" crap during the event. 

You can't really push around the facts: number of fatalities/injuries, wiring up the apt etc.  
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 12:35pm
I feel sick that the only news ive ever heard, now living in california, about my birth city, aurora, is this atrocious act
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>