2012-13 TruSnow Snowball Fantasy Football League

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 89101112 16>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012-13 TruSnow Snowball Fantasy Football League
    Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 11:33am
Week 5 byes are killing me in both my Yahoo leagues, my bench looks like an NSync song, bye bye bye bye bye.

Projected to score 83 points in the TS league this week...
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 9:02am
For the most part, in my other league, I really like my starting lineup this week:

Flacco
R.White, Cruz
Rice, A.P., Reggie Bush
Graham
Seattle

Problem is Hanson is on bye this week, and I really don't wanna drop him and let someone else pick him up, as he has consistently put up double digits every week (19.5 and 21.5 in two of them).  Having trouble figuring out how to get a replacement in there.

Bench players I'm not considering dropping: Tate, M. Floyd, LeShoure.

Can't decide if I should let Hanson, Jacquizz, or Britt go, or if Romo has played poorly enough to consider dropping him.  Whoever I decide though, there are enough good kicker replacement options this week that I'm waiting till sunday to add, hoping nobody uses waivers to claim whoever I drop.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 9:14am
Originally posted by broys

Week 5 byes are killing me in both my Yahoo leagues, my bench looks like an NSync song, bye bye bye bye bye.

How do you even know an N Sync song?  You, my friend, are under suspicion!
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Sintexo

For the most part, in my other league, I really like my starting lineup this week:

Flacco
R.White, Cruz
Rice, A.P., Reggie Bush
Graham
Seattle

Problem is Hanson is on bye this week, and I really don't wanna drop him and let someone else pick him up, as he has consistently put up double digits every week (19.5 and 21.5 in two of them).  Having trouble figuring out how to get a replacement in there.

Bench players I'm not considering dropping: Tate, M. Floyd, LeShoure.

Can't decide if I should let Hanson, Jacquizz, or Britt go, or if Romo has played poorly enough to consider dropping him.  Whoever I decide though, there are enough good kicker replacement options this week that I'm waiting till sunday to add, hoping nobody uses waivers to claim whoever I drop.

i'd drop romo.  there are qbs that will consistently put up his numbers on waivers in each of my leagues.  britt theoretically will be top 25 (going forward) if he can ever get healthy, and quizz just had a huge upside.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 9:47am
Lightning we both have a WR and Kicker playing in the Broncos/Patriots game.

We are projected to score pretty much the same amount and we're both done by the Sunday night game.  Should be fun, I hate having to wait for the Monday night game to determine that weeks winner.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 9:49am
HEY WTF???

How can I be 12th in waivers when 4 people have made moves after me?
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 9:49am
^ Yup, get 'er done.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 9:51am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

HEY WTF???

Getting players off FA is different from waivers.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by lightning80

HEY WTF???

Getting players off FA is different from waivers.
Hmm I could have sworn I dropped after getting a FA a couple weeks back but good to know.  Wonder who else wanted the Chargers D in our league.

Oh and btw, I tried to grab Min too, so hopefully they will take it easy on me this week considering my respect level for them Big smile
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 1:21pm

Oh and btw, I tried to grab Min too, so hopefully they will take it easy on me this week considering my respect level for them Big smile
Min D was hot property this week. I tried to get them too since my D is on bye, but lightning got 'em even tho he already has the Niners. 'sup wit dat?
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 1:22pm
keeping them off the competition's hands Wink
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 1:37pm
weak sauce. make your own team better, not prevent others from getting better.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 1:57pm
well..it does make my team better, for SF's bye week.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 7:27pm

I don't think it's weak sauce... just good planning.

But, I guess I should say thanks since it led me to choose the RAMS D!! 18pts!!!! ...off to a good start. Clap
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by dking

But, I guess I should say thanks since it led me to choose the RAMS D!! 18pts!!!! ...off to a good start. Clap

Yea... the Cardinal's oline cannot run block for shit.  That and they don't bother to run Williams.  I basically need to root against myself this week, cause I need A.P. to do well, and I want my Giants to win and you apparently have half the team.  Guess Eli just needs to throw to Cruz all day, maybe with some missed extra points.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 5:30am

I agree with Dking.  If you want to sacrifice depth to fill your bench with every single backup QB/DEF/TE to keep them out of the hands of the opponents, that is definitely a viable strategy.  It doesn't usually work as a season long strategy though due to injuries and BYEs.  Also, Min could end up being the worst fantasy D in the league going forward, and that could have been a terrible use of a high waiver spot, you never know in FF.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 7:04am
THE Stephania Bell just chose my flex spot for me, so if Spiller goes off and Garcon chokes I have her to blame.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 7:28am
CJ Spiller..coming back from injury...spliting time..and going against the 49ers D...yeah..not a good recipe for him...so, you should play him! LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 7:38am

CJ Spiller..coming back from injury...spliting time..and going against the 49ers D...yeah..not a good recipe for him...so, you should play him! LOL
LOL yea, it's basically the matchup that is keeping me from playing him over Garcon.  Plus ATL WILL put up points so WAS is going to need to air it out.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 8:54am
seeking advice for another league:

garcon with his foot issue or domenik hixon since nicks and barden are both out?  

bjge v miami or mendenhall v philly?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 9:14am
Originally posted by getkong

garcon with his foot issue or domenik hixon since nicks and barden are both out?  

I'd say Hixon.  Whenever he hasn't been injured over the last few years, Eli has always shown full trust in him, plus now that Nicks and Barden are out, I'm thinking targets galore for Cruz, and Hixon, and probably Bennett.

No comment on the 2nd one, as I'm playing Mendenhall this week and I'm hoping he isn't going to be 100%
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by getkong

Tough calls... I'd lean toward Garcon since he seems okay after playing last week and has more upside. I feel like Washington is going to be behind and have to throw a bunch to keep up. But Hixon isn't a bod option either, although I have a hard time trusting the Giants.

Mendenhall for sure with more upside. Miami's run D has been pretty good so far this year and BJGE has just been okay.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:08pm
My team is just god awful... haha
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 7:57pm
Glad that I don't have to wait until after MNF to know I won this week Clap
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 4:52am

Glad that I don't have to wait until after MNF to know I won this week Clap
Congrats Lightning.  I believe you just sealed and buried my coffin.  I had no chance this season when after the first game I haven't had a single game where I didn't lose at least one person to injury.  The problem isn't the injury, it's that they all got hurt pretty much right after the game started so I couldn't put someone else in instead.

Sigh....There is always next year.

Duffman just couldn't catch a break, oh no!

getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 8:10am
damn, i might break 200 points tonight with foster playing.  have 183.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 8:21am
Sea Shepherds already checked out.  That's the $hitty part of free leagues.

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 8:48am

Yea it sucks, but I do understand the feeling.  My team blows, and I don't think any waiver wire pickups are going to be able to help me.  I mean I'll take my bye players out, and try to make some pickups, but I've basically given up on this league as well.  Just beat one of the two guys ahead of me in my other league moving up to #2 at 4-1.  It's just so much easier to enjoy leagues where you are actually winning haha.

Edit:  And there goes Ryan Williams for the season... lmao my team keeps getting better.

DoubleEdit: haha it's worse than I thought. 
  my RBs:
Worth Starting: Lynch
Worth Dropping: Kevin Smith, Ryan Williams, Jackie Battle
Wait and See (without much hope): Andre Brown
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:15am
I think having soo many bench spots really diluted the free agent pool this year.  Basically once anyone on your team got hurt, you were screwed since there really wasn't anyone to pick up.  Oh well, such is life in Fantasy Football.

I'll continue to stick around and keep my team updated so the rest of the league doesn't get an easy win, although with how crappy my team is, it's pretty much an easy win anyways LOL
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:16am

sadly, i might lose to him.........
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 1:09pm

I think having soo many bench spots really diluted the free agent pool this year.  Basically once anyone on your team got hurt, you were screwed since there really wasn't anyone to pick up.  Oh well, such is life in Fantasy Football.

I'll continue to stick around and keep my team updated so the rest of the league doesn't get an easy win, although with how crappy my team is, it's pretty much an easy win anyways LOL
I agree that short benches (and fewer teams) would help keep the interest (or hope) up better in free leagues. Something to think about for next season. Or maybe we could vote to shorten the benches this year, but I'm not sure how much that'll help right now.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 1:18pm
once someone goes 0-4, it's tough to bring them back into the mix no matter what if you don't have a big playoffs.

i'm 0-4, going on 1-4 in one of my leagues, and i'm still in it, because we take 8 teams to the playoffs.  

either way, since both of my other leagues are on yahoo, it's almost zero effort to set my lineup even if i don't care anymore.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 6:54pm
phew, survived by .65 points.  hope there aren't any stat corrections
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 4:34am

I agree that short benches (and fewer teams) would help keep the interest (or hope) up better in free leagues. Something to think about for next season. Or maybe we could vote to shorten the benches this year, but I'm not sure how much that'll help right now.
Too late to shorten the bench now, once you start a season with rules, you kind of have to end it that way too.

Those suggestions sound good for next year too.  Oh and since we are throwing out suggestions, I want NO KICKERS, but that's just me haha.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 4:44am
^ Shit, lost by .75 points...  Owen Daniels had a good first half but Schaub seems to have forgotten Daniels exists in the 2nd half - Daniels targeted 1 time in the 2nd half.  One more reception and my team would have won.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 4:47am
DAMN!  and with that I just lost Benson for 8 weeks to the season with a Linsfranc injury.  Holy Hell I am so sorry to all the guys I drafted, I cursed the hell out of them this year.
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 7:27am
I suck at this game. I forgot to change out matt stafford and lost by like .75 points. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 7:35am
i had a good week, i won in all 4 of my leagues this week LOL
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 10:14am
Originally posted by ctoma

I knew that would be brought up, but I don't care it was fitting.

Somehow my rag-tag team scored 92 points and RG3 went down so I get a W. This league is the definition of how head-to-head matchups are crazy, when one team goes for 120+ and loses and another scores 67 and wins.

Also, my money team with all 3 starting RBs on bye did OK but then got destroyed on SNF by Drew Brees, and of course I played vs my best friend that week. Bad luck.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 10:24am

Originally posted by ctoma

I knew that would be brought up, but I don't care it was fitting.

Somehow my rag-tag team scored 92 points and RG3 went down so I get a W. This league is the definition of how head-to-head matchups are crazy, when one team goes for 120+ and loses and another scores 67 and wins.

Also, my money team with all 3 starting RBs on bye did OK but then got destroyed on SNF by Drew Brees, and of course I played vs my best friend that week. Bad luck.
I wish all you guys the best of luck in your money leagues.  That's a hell of a lot more important than our free league.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 10:25am
money leagues are too stressful for me...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 10:40am

Agreed, I retired a two time defending champion.  Haven't won the entire thing, and most importantly lost a dollar in the 4 seasons since.  This will be my first season not making the playoffs though Cry
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 1:01pm

Too late to shorten the bench now, once you start a season with rules, you kind of have to end it that way too

It's never too late unless the website won't let us do it. If we were to get a 100% vote from all the owners, we should be able to change anything about the league.

I would vote for expanding the playoffs to more teams though, especially in our free league. It's supposed to be for fun right? I don't think it'll be much fun if too many teams stop paying attention because they feel they're out of the playoffs already. Heck, we're only five games into the season.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 1:05pm
with ya on the expansion of playoff teams if it be changed.  6?
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 2:06pm
i like bigger playoffs, too.  6 or 8 both work (actually prefer 8 to prevent the bye week for teams)
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 2:30pm
Ya, I think 8 works out more evenly. And with 12 teams, you'll still have to "make" it in. But I'd vote for either 6 or 8 if it keeps interest up.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 2:39pm

Ya, I think 8 works out more evenly. And with 12 teams, you'll still have to "make" it in. But I'd vote for either 6 or 8 if it keeps interest up.

I'm down for either, although I still don't think I'll make it in either of those formats haha
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 4:33am
I'm cool with changing playoffs to 6-8 or even 6 teams with top two getting a BYE.

I'm with Sintexo, I doubt I would make it in either format, but it would keep it a bit more interesting for those of us whos teams are working out of the ER.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 6:58am

I also vote for for expanding the playoffs field. either 6 with top 2 teams bye, or 8 teams.

broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:46am

Agreed, I retired a two time defending champion.  Haven't won the entire thing, and most importantly lost a dollar in the 4 seasons since.  This will be my first season not making the playoffs though Cry

I like them if only because it makes people care a bit more and you get less flaky owners. Plus you have a reason yourself to care more. The highest entry fee I've ever paid was $50 so it's not like it's breaking the bank and it's fun to get paid when you win.

I'm for expanding playoffs in this free league, even though I've been pretty damn lucky thus far to be 4-1 and sitting pretty nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>