2012-13 TruSnow Snowball Fantasy Football League

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1213141516>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012-13 TruSnow Snowball Fantasy Football League
    Posted: Nov/08/2012 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by DCC

still 5 weeks left to play.  that's plenty of time for teams to catch up and for teams to fall.  i just hope i'm not one of those falling teams.....

Don't even worry about it.  You're playing me this week so you're all good.

So I've got Graham and Daniels in my other league, but seeing as we only have one TE, and Grahams bye is over, I'm trying to unload Daniels.  What would you guys say his trade value is worth, is he worth getting rid of or should I just keep him as insurance?  Barring any injuries *knock on wood*, my team seems pretty set except for week 11 when I could use some fill ins, as I don't particularly want to start J. Stewart.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2012 at 6:59pm
My best game of the season, by far, and I'm still going to lose cause I had to play the high scorer of the week... lol
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Sintexo

My best game of the season, by far, and I'm still going to lose cause I had to play the high scorer of the week... lol

ur up about 20.  its no given that my guys will do anything tomorrow.  i have flacco's 40pts on the bench too...............
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 4:39am
Need Heath to get a score and about six catches for 40 yards or so tonight to pick up a win over Zakk.  Alex Smith didn't do my any favors getting concussed so early in the game, btu the really sad part is he still got more points than Schaub did with a whole game against the Bears.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 4:51am
Originally posted by DCC

ur up about 20.  its no given that my guys will do anything tomorrow.  i have flacco's 40pts on the bench too...............

I'm not worried about dwyer, but then again maybe he'll go off.  I think you're pretty set with Raplesburger scoring more than 20 though.  I got him going in my other league as well, but I already won that one.

And yea... how do you think I feel about taking Maclin out lol.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 1:04pm
ELI IS KILLING ME!!! Three weeks in a row with single digit points. I'm almost glad he's on bye this coming week so I have to play someone else.
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by DCC

I'm not worried about dwyer, but then again maybe he'll go off.  I think you're pretty set with Raplesburger scoring more than 20 though.  I got him going in my other league as well, but I already won that one.

And yea... how do you think I feel about taking Maclin out lol.

dang, its raining................
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by DCC

dang, its raining................

Damn, shoulder injury.  I'd prefer you had just beat me with a good game from Ben than an injury to my starting QB in my other league... Back to Tony Romo it is haha

But considering that last throw from leftwich, they may try and rely on dwyer/redman more.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 5:38pm
i can only hope
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 6:16pm
Big Ben going out pretty much killed any chance I had at getting those extra 6 points from Miller I needed to beat Zakk.  It was close and I made a season of it, but the playoffs are just not meant to be for the Destroyers this year.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 4:51am
I'm just happy that I doubled the number of wins I had this week.  Not pumped about the big ben injury though.

So I gave J. Stewart another chance, after the whole "we're going to try sticking with one RB," but it seems like that was all a facade.  Think I should stick with him for my flex this week, or drop him/Britt and pick up DHB against NO?  Winning this week might be critical in making a playoff spot.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 5:02am

I'm just happy that I doubled the number of wins I had this week.  Not pumped about the big ben injury though.

So I gave J. Stewart another chance, after the whole "we're going to try sticking with one RB," but it seems like that was all a facade.  Think I should stick with him for my flex this week, or drop him/Britt and pick up DHB against NO?  Winning this week might be critical in making a playoff spot.
That had a lot to do with the Broncos D, they were all over CAR last game.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 5:56am
Someone offered me Foster and Hartline for CJ2K, Decker, and CHI DEF in my other league.
Any suggestions?
Foster is VERY tempting, but CJ2K has been doing just as good for the past few weeks and decker is my best WR right now. CHI def is also scoring like a QB.....haha
I love my team right now and dont want to change anything, but having Foster wouldn't hurt....
My other players are: Lynch, Andre Johnson, Malcolm Floyd, (no other defense so I would have to pick one up)
What you guys think?
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 6:12am
I'd keep what you have.  Decker is a much better option than Hartline, Foster is better than CJ, and you're getting nothing for the top defense in the league.  If you really want Foster, who does he have as a Def that you might be able to include?  Then again, I guess CJ could always start sucking again, so it might be good to upgrade to Foster.  Although I don't particularly like Hartline+Floyd+Johnson, at all.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 6:26am
Originally posted by jjfreak

Someone offered me Foster and Hartline for CJ2K, Decker, and CHI DEF in my other league.
Any suggestions?
Foster is VERY tempting, but CJ2K has been doing just as good for the past few weeks and decker is my best WR right now. CHI def is also scoring like a QB.....haha
I love my team right now and dont want to change anything, but having Foster wouldn't hurt....
My other players are: Lynch, Andre Johnson, Malcolm Floyd, (no other defense so I would have to pick one up)
What you guys think?
Terrible Trade, no way I take that IMO.  He is hoping you think Decker is done since he had a bad game, but that was all because the Broncos D had two TDs.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 6:29am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Any suggestions?
What you guys think?
Terrible Trade, no way I take that IMO.  He is hoping you think Decker is done since he had a bad game, but that was all because the Broncos D had two TDs.
Naw, i know Decker isnt done and he is still my best WR.
Im just getting a more consistent RB.....hmmm
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 6:30am

I'd keep what you have.  Decker is a much better option than Hartline, Foster is better than CJ, and you're getting nothing for the top defense in the league.  If you really want Foster, who does he have as a Def that you might be able to include?  Then again, I guess CJ could always start sucking again, so it might be good to upgrade to Foster.  Although I don't particularly like Hartline+Floyd+Johnson, at all.
His defense is ATL which he also offered. It's garbage so im gonna drop them anyways and pick up a new defense anyways if I do go through with the trade.
Thats the main thing....that CJ2K might start sucking again....
If CJ2K can get me a decent number on a weekly basis, I would not trade at all....but you never know.....
Also, how many more pick-6's can CHI DEF get? hahaha
Decisions decisions.....
This is my main money league too....If this was a keeper league, I woulda most likely did the trade....hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 7:02am
Damn this week's waiver wire is Oakland Galore.  I need to figure out how bad Big Ben's injury is, to determine if I need a new QB which would be either Palmer or Rivers.  Also considering dropping Britt this week cause he has a bye along with a few of my starters.  The pickup options include Reece or DHB.  Same goes for Stewart who I'm not convinced will do anything the rest of the season.  Andre Brown is still available, who is looking promising if Bradshaw keeps getting injured, but he is also on bye this week.

I wish I could get something out of Daniels, but nobody in my league seems to want him cause he doesn't have "elite TE" projected stats, even though he has consistently put up 9-15 points in my league.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 8:30am
no one wants him because TE production is a dime a dozen.  same with WR's.  more about match-ups then the workhorses.  
-zakk

dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 1:02pm

I'd go with DHB against NO, but I'm not sure you want to listen to my advice with my teams performance lately.

Someone offered me Foster and Hartline for CJ2K, Decker, and CHI DEF in my other league. Any suggestions?
How's your overall win-loss record? And who are your other RBs. I trust Foster ALOT more, but he's only scoring 7 more ppg (points per game). I like Decker more, but his ppg is just about a wash. I wouldn't toss in Chi D too averaging 18ppg. I'd try to find someone else to throw in more inline with 5-10ppg.

If you're happy with your team, I'd stay with what you have. You're giving up too many points per week.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 4:58am
^ Yea, I just decided not to go through with the trade.
I'm 6-4 right now with the most overall points in the league so I am most likely making it to the playoffs (I am third place with 5 ppl at 5-5)
I looked at CJ2K's Nov & Dec numbers for the past 3 years and thats the months he is the best.
Foster was very tempting but dont think I can afford to give up CHI DEF with them scoring like a QB.....haha

lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 9:02am
Very tight race for the 4 playoffs spots...i'm tied at 6-4 with 3rd and 4th place..but i'm on the outside looking in right now... Angry
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 9:05am
All I care about is I have a chance to play for not last place this week! haha
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 6:04pm
Philbin is an idiot.  Bush is by far the best offensive player on their team.  Sitting him on the bench so Daniel "what's my name" Thomas can get stuffed at the goal line is beyond dumb.

Edit: Holy shit.  I literally have the worst luck when it comes to playing teams that don't even change their roster.  The guy I'm playing left fred jackson and hernandez in, so I figured I'd have an easy win.  Guess not: Blackmon = 25 points, Bryant = 22 points, Cobb = 19.5 points, Brady = 35 points.  Probably gonna lose /vent
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 12:57pm
A win!!! OMG... I almost forgot what it's like. And with terrible Nick Foles at QB (no worse than Eli lately). Prolly too little too late tho.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 2:48pm
I need 6pts from the 49ers defense to win this week...let's get some turnovers off the backup QB!!!
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by lightning80

I need 6pts from the 49ers defense to win this week...let's get some turnovers off the backup QB!!!
SF pulled that one off for ya.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 7:00pm
campbell looked so confused, it wasn't even a question.  i'm just glad he got the ball the marshall for that td, since it was enough for me to eke out a 0.36pt margin of victory in my other league.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 12:30pm
I don't think I'm going to get 72.75 pts from Cam Newton and Brent Celek to beat dking this week...Cry
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 12:57pm

I don't think I'm going to get 72.75 pts from Cam Newton and Brent Celek to beat dking this week...Cry
I sure hope not. Another win for me as I creep ever so close to sneaking in the backdoor of the playoffs.

I still think we should have increased the number of playoff teams to 6 or 8. I can tell some of the owners have lost interest.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 1:03pm
At least I should be able to pick up win # 3 tonight!  Sad that I'm updating my team every week and I'm still in last place, behind two teams that don't even update their lineups.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 1:17pm

Another week of playing the top scorer.  It never ends lol

dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 1:29pm

At least I should be able to pick up win # 3 tonight!  Sad that I'm updating my team every week and I'm still in last place, behind two teams that don't even update their lineups.
Yeah, knock 'em down so I can catch 'em. Big smile

Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Another week of playing the top scorer.  It never ends lol

So frustrating... Dead
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 3:49pm

I'm in 10th and I'm still updating every week.  I got hosed with Sproles and found out too late to swap him out, as all the free agents were on waivers.  I got annihilated so it didn't really matter anyways haha.  Until the end my friends.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by dking

I sure hope not. Another win for me as I creep ever so close to sneaking in the backdoor of the playoffs.

I still think we should have increased the number of playoff teams to 6 or 8. I can tell some of the owners have lost interest.

Cam got me 46.5..and Brent Celek only 2.9...what a waste of a good week from Cam..the rest of my team sucked...
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 10:57am
Bah so frustrating.  I lost last week by 0.8 points to a team that didnt update his lineup because everyone went off.  I won this week to move me into 4th place.  I'm a game back from the guys in 2nd and 3rd place, who play each other this week.  If I win this week I'll hop whoever loses because of points scored.

1st and 2nd get byes in our league... and week 14 is the one week of the playoffs that I'm stuck with all shitty matchups, and I can't get to the bye because only one of the two ahead of me can lose.  
0.8 points... reminds me of losing to CToma by 0.5 points in the first round of the playoffs last year, then proceeding to be the leagues top scorer for the final weeks of the playoffs.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 12:29pm
I'm 1 game out of the playoffs...man...
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 1:53pm

I'm 1 game out of the playoffs...man...

you're not a game out, you're just about 170 points scored out :)
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 2:15pm
^ but i still need to win this week..and hope for the best...outside looking in...sucks..we need to make it 6 or 8 teams...
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 7:34am
Can't ever recall seeing this happen:

Seen it come within a few hundredths of a point, but never exact haha.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 8:54am
wtf? how does a rb even get 0.08 points?  he's showing 13 even for me.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 9:08am
My league has 0.33 points per rush attempt.  His statline was:
12 Rush Att's  = 3.96
83 Rush yards = 4.15
1 RTD = 6
1 Recep = 0.5
7 Recep yards =  0.47
1 Fum lost = -2
Ejekted View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Ejekted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 10:35am
Last night's game was brutal. Interceptions count for -2 in my league and I played Drew Brees who threw 5 interceptions. That equals negative 10pts! It's a sad day when Matt Ryan out scores Brees. I really hope the rest of my team can carry the load this week!
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 1:02pm
It was brutal. I was disappointed and surprised at the same time. I have Brees and Ryan in different leagues. Despite the vastly different performances by them, they both scored just about the same (~12pts) in each league. Well, maybe I'm just disappointed after all... Thursday night games suck!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 1:12pm
I'm just glad that I already clinched the playoffs in the league that I have Brees...
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by dking

It was brutal. I was disappointed and surprised at the same time. I have Brees and Ryan in different leagues. Despite the vastly different performances by them, they both scored just about the same (~12pts) in each league. Well, maybe I'm just disappointed after all... Thursday night games suck!!

I have Brees and Ryan in other leagues too.  The one that I have Brees in, I also have Peyton.  Always torn about who to start.  I always seem to pick the wrong one every single week, picked the right one maybe twice.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by DCC

I have Brees and Ryan in other leagues too.  The one that I have Brees in, I also have Peyton.  Always torn about who to start.  I always seem to pick the wrong one every single week, picked the right one maybe twice.

With two very similar, high worth QBs, you should trade one to shore up a rb1/wr1 and just live with your decision. if you leave points on the bench, it just sucks, and you're always second-guessing yourself.

I also only just realized we don't start playoffs until week 15.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by DCC

Pretty much had the same situation with RGIII and Rodgers this year.
huge mistake not starting RGIII thanksgiving week.
4td passes vs 1
I was too excited about the feast.
Long hair don't care!
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by getkong

I also only just realized we don't start playoffs until week 15.

Yep, two more weeks to get wins to make it into the playoffs...
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 6:59pm
DOH!!! 106pts on my bench (with Eli still to play)... more than my (or my opponents) starters.

Now I have to sweat it out needing 20pts from Alfred Morris and a kicker to keep the dream alive... and I've had no luck on Monday nights this season. Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>