2012-13 TruSnow Snowball Fantasy Football League

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 13141516>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012-13 TruSnow Snowball Fantasy Football League
    Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by dking

DOH!!! 106pts on my bench (with Eli still to play)... more than my (or my opponents) starters.

Now I have to sweat it out needing 20pts from Alfred Morris and a kicker to keep the dream alive... and I've had no luck on Monday nights this season. Confused

same thing happened to me in my other league last week.  instead of 6-6, i ended up being 5-7.  still gonna make the playoffs after a win this week, but it was a game i should have won.  lost by 14; sat cam for luck (23pt diff), sat felix jones for mendenhall (12 v -1.4) and sat pierre garcon in favor of donald jones (15 v 2).  bench ended up outscoring my starters by a point.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 7:34pm
Whew, pulled out the win. But I really needed one of the teams just above me in the standings (GetKong or Lightning80) to lose to have a better chance. With them winning also, I'm hanging on by my fingernails. I need to win next week and need some help. It's definitely exciting going down to the wire, but I still wish 6-8 teams were going to be in the playoffs. It might be too little too late for me.
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 4:37am
Well, I may be 8th place and WAY out of the playoffs, but I have some solice in the fact that I have the 4th highest point total in the league.  I got the shaft when it came to matchups this year, that's for sure.

Also I think Bdeeper wins the luckiest schedule of the year award with his second place standing and nearly 200 total points less than me LOL

FF is a harsh mistress indeed!
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
MossManProphesies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MossManProphesies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 5:28am
I feel your pain I missed playoffs by 1 loss by three points, and my 4 out of 5 losses came from less then 5 points.  Dont you hate having the second highest score of the league and still losing. Damn the FF such a heart breaker some years
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 6:32am
Trying to do some playoff planning, hoping that I can make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

Which DEF would you guys rather start, NYJ vs. SD or Ari vs. Chi?  

I've been rolling with Seattle through the season, and they seem to have one good start left in them before I drop them (SEA vs. Ari), then their CBs will be suspensed, and they end with games against Buf and SF.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 6:37am
no one has had more points scored against them than I have, and I'm still a respectable 6-7 in the most competitive league I've ever been in.  

I've been cobbling together a line up with spit, bale wire and an old burton tow strap all year.  really proud of my team.  
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 6:53am
Originally posted by zakk

no one has had more points scored against them than I have, and I'm still a respectable 6-7 in the most competitive league I've ever been in.  

I've been cobbling together a line up with spit, bale wire and an old burton tow strap all year.  really proud of my team.  
I hear that, you are the only one who has more points scored against them by 25 haha.   BDeeper has 260 points less scored against his team than me, lucky dog. 

Being 5-8 when I was matched up against the highest scoring team in the league 4 weeks of the 13 weeks really isn't so bad.  It could have been much worse.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 7:49am
I gave up on the TruSnow league because im terrible in it. But Im doing well in a league with friends. Its too hard to have multiple leagues because you cant keep it straight which players need to do well. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 7:54am
Originally posted by bdanross

I gave up on the TruSnow league because im terrible in it. But Im doing well in a league with friends. Its too hard to have multiple leagues because you cant keep it straight which players need to do well. 
Yea we know, you kind of FKD the league and everyone in it when you did.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 7:59am
Originally posted by bdanross

Don't worry, we'll solve that problem for you next year.  Heart
-zakk

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 8:14am
He still managed to beat me... lol.

Can't believe BDeeper only has 7 more points scored than me, and is 9-4, and I'm 3-10 lol.  243 fewer points against.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 8:20am
My team sucks menstruating zakk ass.  Any player I bench always outscores the active player, dammit, dammit, dammit.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Sintexo

He still managed to beat me... lol.

Can't believe BDeeper only has 7 more points scored than me, and is 9-4, and I'm 3-10 lol.  243 fewer points against.
LOL I know right.  It's all about matchups, but you stuck it out to the end and that's what matters!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 8:27am
i'm still in 5th place..but 1st through 4th are playing each other and i can get in if I win against Sintexo.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 8:32am
Originally posted by lightning80

i'm still in 5th place..but 1st through 4th are playing each other and i can get in if I win against Sintexo.

Which is basically a given.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 8:39am

Originally posted by lightning80

Which is basically a given.

i don't think it's a given..anyone can have a big game or have a bad game any given week. or a main pt earner could get hurt in the 1st play of the game. and my team isn't that good to begin with...
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 8:49am
Actually, I hadn't bothered to check my lineup yet.  I have a better than expected projected point total.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by zakk

some of that was from the silly week where my team put up 200+ points. :)
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 9:07am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Well, I may be 8th place and WAY out of the playoffs, but I have some solice in the fact that I have the 4th highest point total in the league.  I got the shaft when it came to matchups this year, that's for sure.

Also I think Bdeeper wins the luckiest schedule of the year award with his second place standing and nearly 200 total points less than me LOL

I would glady trade all of this luck for a tiny bit more in one of my other leagues where I lost by 1 point.  A win would have given me a bye in the first week of the playoffs which my beat up team could really have used.  I was actually winning by 1, then Bryce Brown fumbles and Demarco Murray loses 11 yards on his last carry. Shitty.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 11:33am
Originally posted by broys

I would glady trade all of this luck for a tiny bit more in one of my other leagues where I lost by 1 point.  A win would have given me a bye in the first week of the playoffs which my beat up team could really have used.  I was actually winning by 1, then Bryce Brown fumbles and Demarco Murray loses 11 yards on his last carry. Shitty.
Damn that's brutal man.  Good luck in your playoffs though.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by broys

lol, that's a terrible way to lose.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 1:03pm
Busy thread today after being quiet the past couple of days. I'm still bummed I'm basically out of the playoffs in this league... guess I'll have to focus on the others that all start the playoffs this week.

Trying to do some playoff planning, hoping that I can make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

Which DEF would you guys rather start, NYJ vs. SD or Ari vs. Chi?  

I've been rolling with Seattle through the season, and they seem to have one good start left in them before I drop them (SEA vs. Ari), then their CBs will be suspensed, and they end with games against Buf and SF.
Yikes!! There's no others available? Definitely not Arizona. Maybe the Jets vs SD, who may have thier bags packed by then. I'd stick with Seattle for sure this week against Ari and next against Buf. Their CBs may be able to drag out their suspensions longer, so I'd roll with them until that happens, even against SF the final week over the other two.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 8:45am
^ Well I've got the Seattle and NYJ on my roster right now.  I'd like to pick up Detroit for week 15, who I'd rather play over Seattle vs. Buf.  Plus, the first of the two appeals has been set for Dec. 14 (haven't heard anything about the second one yet), so that means the CBs could be out as early as next week vs. Buf.  Basically just trying to figure out of NYJ are worth dropping to grab Det, cause I think at least one team would pick them up if I drop them.  And I really have no faith in Seattle's D vs. the 49ers if both their starting CBs are out.

I still have Reece on my bench, but I don't wanna drop him for at least one more week until I can see what happens with that whole mess of a backfield.

Edit:  Apparently Browner started his suspension this week.  Sherman's appeal is next friday, and considering just about nobody has successfully appealed an adderall suspension, he's likely to be out after this week as well.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 1:11pm
^ somewhat depends on the depth of your league, but Reece is injured and McFadden is supposed to be back tomorrow night. You'll know then whether to drop Reece or not.

The loss of the CBs does weaken the Sea D, but the 49ers don't have anyone to challenge them. I'd be a bit more worried about them vs Buf, who like to sling the ball around.

I'd play Sea this week, especially if Kolb isn't back.

As I said, the only week I'd think about playing the Jets is vs SD in week 16.

Det vs Ari week 15 is a good play, again if Kolb isn't back, but it's hard to carry three DSTs.

A sneaky play would be to drop the Jets for Det Sunday morning, then get the Jets back for Sea after they've cleared waivers. If you don't think the Jets will survive waivers, then it might be worth dropping Reece, assuming you have no use for him the rest of the season.

All that being said, this is a whole lot of thought for juggling DSTs that are unpredictable and may yeild little to no point differential.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 2:11pm
Yea haha I know, plus its already going to be a challenge for me to make it out of week 14 alive, so all this could be for consolation anyway.

I forgot that Oak played on Thursday this week, so at least I can see how Reece is used.  But I was definitely considering the sneaky move.

Edit:  Fuck it I gave up on Reece for now... but now I'm having an internal debate about whether or not I should pick up Harvin, cause I'm in a keeper league and he was picked in the 4th (so next season he'd be a 2nd rounder).  I grabbed R. White this year in the 2nd... and right now Harvin still almost has more points than him even though he hasn't played in 4 weeks.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 1:03pm

Picking up Harvin in a keeper league is definitely intriguing, but 2nd round is pretty high. I don't think his stock improved much this season, so I'd still think he'd be a 3rd to 5th rounder. But a bird in hand...

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 1:33pm

Picking up Harvin in a keeper league is definitely intriguing, but 2nd round is pretty high. I don't think his stock improved much this season, so I'd still think he'd be a 3rd to 5th rounder. But a bird in hand...

He was money this year when he was healthy.  The only question is can he last a whole season?
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2012 at 12:55pm

you mean like McFadden?

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 9:10am
Got some interesting choices to make for the semi-finals in one of my leagues...

QB: Don't really like either matchup for Big Ben or Romo, Wilson is still out there as a FA
Flex: Garcon, Bush, D. Wilson (if Bradshaw is out).  Don't really want to have to depend on Bush in the playoffs, as he always seems to blow it in "easy" matchups, but my league has 0.33 points per carry, so a RB who gets his carries is almost always > a WR
Def: Picked up Detroit, but Seattle did just get me 43 points...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 9:20am

Got some interesting choices to make for the semi-finals in one of my leagues...

QB: Don't really like either matchup for Big Ben or Romo, Wilson is still out there as a FA
Flex: Garcon, Bush, D. Wilson (if Bradshaw is out).  Don't really want to have to depend on Bush in the playoffs, as he always seems to blow it in "easy" matchups, but my league has 0.33 points per carry, so a RB who gets his carries is almost always > a WR
Def: Picked up Detroit, but Seattle did just get me 43 points...

I'd start Big Ben instead of Romo. Dallas D is porous at best...and I'm a Cowboys fan.
I'd would play Wilson, if Bradshaw is out. Seattle D was good because any D would be good against Arizona and their lack of QB or running game. But I would still start Seattle ahead of Detroit.

By the way, I hope Brady throws all his TDs to Welker today, and run up the score on the Texans defense through their running game. Tongue
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 9:27am
Haha yea I was excited to see some of my players put up good numbers, then I saw Newton and Wallace... lol.  Story of my season.  Plenty of shitty games, but when I do put up some decent ones, it's still not enough.  I'm sure all the TDs will end up going to Welker

Really didn't want to end the season at the bottom, 11th would be just fine.  I assume we have no consolation bracket seeing as it would be 8 teams in two weeks.

Edit:  Guess there is, I just wasn't good enough to get into that either haha
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 12:56pm
I didn't realize there was a consolation bracket either. I'll be in that, but would've prefered being in the upper bracket... just one win short. No complaints other than Eli tanking it mid-season. Oh well, next season. It was fun.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 1:18pm
man, i thought it was playoffs this week since it's playoff week for my other 4 leagues.  dez bryant might be out for the season too with a hand injury, thanks dez, perfect timing.........
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 4:43pm
Well he's managed not to throw them to Welker, however he has raped my defense haha.  At this rate he'll be out of the game before I can rack up enough points.  Although it is NE... and Bill doesn't believe in taking his starters out haha.

Edit: Damnit! why did that fumble have to go for a TD?  Now Mallet is in...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 6:12am
Congrats DCC, B Deeper, Kong and Lightning.

I think I need to mix up my strategy next season.  Rodgers was good, but there was only a couple weeks he made himself worth the #4 pick.

Oh and so much for my huge sleeper in .5 ppr Peyton Hillis....siggggggghhhhhhh
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 7:53am

Well he's managed not to throw them to Welker, however he has raped my defense haha.  At this rate he'll be out of the game before I can rack up enough points.  Although it is NE... and Bill doesn't believe in taking his starters out haha.

Edit: Damnit! why did that fumble have to go for a TD?  Now Mallet is in...

hahaha..if brady stayed in the game, you probably would have won from the extra yards...but you had the houston D going against you everytime brady scored..welker got just enough touches to give me enough points to make the playoffs Clap
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 9:03am

Congrats DCC, B Deeper, Kong and Lightning.

I think I need to mix up my strategy next season.  Rodgers was good, but there was only a couple weeks he made himself worth the #4 pick.

Oh and so much for my huge sleeper in .5 ppr Peyton Hillis....siggggggghhhhhhh

Kind of surprised I snuck in, I was too busy with my money leagues to update this one and left Rashard Jennings in, oops. I wasn't that upset though because if I got left out whoever else would have made it in would have been deserving.

Luckily I got a little of my luck from this league transferred to my money league and put up 183 points to win by 40+ thanks to Seattle D and Brady. Now I'm in the semifinals against one of my best friends, should be fun.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 2:45pm
Second the congrats to DCC, B Deeper, Kong and Lightning for making the playoffs. This was by far my toughest and most competitive league, mostly because of the long rosters. Not much luck for me, missing the playoffs by one win (frickin' Eli).

I made the playoffs in my other three leagues...

...second seed in one and lost in the first round with the second highest score (frickin' Seattle D)

...lost in another league with more points on my bench than with my starters and would've won if I started Hernandez over Welker and Moreno over Bryce brown (which I meant to do, but forgot before Moreno played on Thursday night).

...actually won in my final league, moving to the second round against the #2 seed. I'm projected to win, but we all know how little that means. Wish me luck.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 3:06pm

...actually won in my final league, moving to the second round against the #2 seed. I'm projected to win, but we all know how little that means. Wish me luck.

Yup.  Was the number 3 seed (so just missed getting a bye), and my team put up 183 thanks to Seattle+AP and others.  Now I'm playing the number 2 seed, and I have a bad feeling about under performing, as I'm projected to win by 12.

GL in yours
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2012 at 4:44am
F'in shot myself in the foot.  Went with Big Ben over Wilson, and Det over Seattle... If I had made either of the correct decisions I would have won.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2012 at 10:38am

F'in shot myself in the foot.  Went with Big Ben over Wilson, and Det over Seattle... If I had made either of the correct decisions I would have won.

i made the mistake of playing luck over cam last week in my money league, and lost because of that. :(  i would have had the highest scoring team this week, too.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2012 at 10:47am
i lost in 2 of my playoffs already...heading to the championship game in 1..and the other is in a 2-week 3rd place round...
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2012 at 2:59pm
championship projections have us within a couple points. should be interesting.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2012 at 1:14pm
#1 vs #2 seeds for the championship, as it should be. Good luck to both of you.

This is the only one of my leagues that has happened.

One other league is #1 vs #3 (me) - 12 team league with 6 making the playoffs.

Other leagues are #4 vs #7, where eight teams made the playoffs but they're also smaller leagues. Maybe there is something to limiting how many teams make it in, but I still like at least 6 playoff teams in a 12 team league.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2012 at 9:26am
good season guys.  out of my 5 leagues, got into the playoffs in 4, got into the championship game in 3 but only won this one.  my receivers carried me all season, thankful for ppr.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2012 at 4:13pm
Congratz DCC. You had the best team all season.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2012 at 7:45am
yeah, your team scored the most all season, and you won it when it counted. congrats.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 6:14am
Congrats on a great season all, and to DCC who proved he had the best team.

I would like to point out you are all lucky I didn't make the playoffs, as I had the highest scoring team both playoff weeks Big smile
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 11:19am
Congrats DCC. I was horrible in this league....
But I won championship in my money league so all good.....haha
Till next year!!!
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
GoldDragon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GoldDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 11:23am
So how do you guys play this fantasy football thing? ive never played it before.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>