2012-13 TruSnow Snowball Fantasy Football League

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 678910 16>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012-13 TruSnow Snowball Fantasy Football League
    Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by dking

Originally posted by getkong

i'd have much more fun with two qb and no kicker. :)
I'm on the fence about 2 QB leagues. I haven't played in one yet, but I can only imagine the importance of the QB position being magnified enough to drive me crazy. Trying to find two quality RBs is bad enough.

Playing in my first one this year, it's definitely weird after playing in 1 QB leagues. I don't think I drafted all that well in QB, I waited first round and ended up with Vick and Luck, which has worked out OK so far, but I'm not super happy. QBs went crazy fast.

That said my other positions are pretty damn good, WRs are Julio Jones and AJ Green with Maclin/Garcon on the bench, RBs are Ray Rice, Marshawn, Jamaal Charles and Doug Martin.

Oh and I'd definitely start Brown as well over the other Brown. When in doubt go alphabetically.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 10:41am
At least with my team in the shitter I can take risks I wouldn't normally.  Like the news today that Jennings chances of starting on Monday are iffy at best, and it doesn't sound like Maclin will play either.

Enter: Ramses Barden.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Sintexo

At least with my team in the shitter I can take risks I wouldn't normally.  Like the news today that Jennings chances of starting on Monday are iffy at best, and it doesn't sound like Maclin will play either.

With the name of a Pharaoh, how can you lose???
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by getkong

however, it's against oakland, so once pitt goes up early, they'll just run the ball with their terrible pair of rbs instead of doing much throwing.
Except that Pitt's RBs have been banged up or ineffective. I'd play A. Brown over D. Brown either way.
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

With the name of a Pharaoh, how can you lose???

BOOM!  Who looks like a genius now?

I'm sure I'll still find a way to lose though.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 4:24am
^ Wow, the combination of Ramses and Andre Brown put up some big numbers for your team.  Genius has been added to your title... Genius Chief Inspector Sintexo.

NY Giants Def finally did well for me, 16 points, I'll take those Def points any week.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 4:39am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ Wow, the combination of Ramses and Andre Brown put up some big numbers for your team.  Genius has been added to your title... Genius Chief Inspector Sintexo.

NY Giants Def finally did well for me, 16 points, I'll take those Def points any week.

I'm sure you will.  Gotta love starting out the weekend games in a 16 point hole and the only player that has played for your opponent is their friggin defense.

Thanks for nothing Panthers.  You couldn't get one extra lousey TD in garbage time.  Worthless!
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 5:06am

I'm sure you will.  Gotta love starting out the weekend games in a 16 point hole and the only player that has played for your opponent is their friggin defense.

Thanks for nothing Panthers.  You couldn't get one extra lousey TD in garbage time.  Worthless!

Ahhh, just noticed my son (my 9 year old is running the team) is playing your team this week.  Go easy on the kid.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 5:25am

Ahhh, just noticed my son (my 9 year old is running the team) is playing your team this week.  Go easy on the kid.
That shouldn't be a problem.  The way my luck is going this year I'm going to be lucky to win a single game. 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 5:30am
^ Funny thing is he is keeping up with the roster better than I would (I guess if I was running the team I would be on top of things).  At dinner last night he told me Forte is not playing this week and we better put Pierre Thomas in the lineup.  He asked if we should put Nate Burleson in for DeSean Jackson b/c DeSean has a leg injury... and so on. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 5:41am

^ Funny thing is he is keeping up with the roster better than I would (I guess if I was running the team I would be on top of things).  At dinner last night he told me Forte is not playing this week and we better put Pierre Thomas in the lineup.  He asked if we should put Nate Burleson in for DeSean Jackson b/c DeSean has a leg injury... and so on. 

LOL nice, at least he is having a better experience than my son.  He keeps going to bed Monday nights with a lead and I have to explain to him on Tuesday that we lost again by a couple points.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 7:07am

Same story here, however the Giants D managed to put up 21pts in my league against me. Damn you scam newton
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 7:12am
g'damn, it was the perfect storm until all those turnovers.  g went up big, which is awesome (since i'm a giants fan), and then i expected cam to put up huge numbers in garbage time.  whoops.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 1:05pm

That's great. Start 'em young!! Clap

...and WOW... our waiver wire is pretty thin.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 3:10pm
What do you guys think my chances are?

I need Ray Rice + Seattle D to outscore Welker by 24 points.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 5:47pm
Sitting Miller cost me this week.  No way Rodgers gets 40 points.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 9:11pm

What do you guys think my chances are?

I need Ray Rice + Seattle D to outscore Welker by 24 points.

You must be talking about another league because you have 'em covered in our league this week. Unfortunately for you, Welker went off. Rice did too, but it's not likely Seattle D is going to help enough against GB.

I'll be rooting for a low scoring game Monday night to preserve my lead against jjfreak.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 3:21am

You must be talking about another league because you have 'em covered in our league this week. Unfortunately for you, Welker went off. Rice did too, but it's not likely Seattle D is going to help enough against GB.

I'll be rooting for a low scoring game Monday night to preserve my lead against jjfreak.

Yea, unfortunately I need Seattle's D to put up 15.5.  Hoping their defense is as good as they've looked the past two weeks.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 4:05am
Add me to the list of people wanting a low scoring game tonight, Seattle needs to keep Discount Double Check Rodgers in check.

I need to have a talk with my son about playing the same shitty WRs each week (DeSean Jackson, Anquan Boldin) while the 2 Nates (Washington and Burleson) are sitting on the bench collecting mucho points.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 4:37am

Add me to the list of people wanting a low scoring game tonight, Seattle needs to keep Discount Double Check Rodgers in check.

I need to have a talk with my son about playing the same shitty WRs each week (DeSean Jackson, Anquan Boldin) while the 2 Nates (Washington and Burleson) are sitting on the bench collecting mucho points.
Rodgers isn't scoring 38 points.  Benching Miller for Fleener 5 minutes before their game started cost me that potential win for sure.  Basically any other TE I would have picked up would have gotten me something.  All you Miller owners have me to thank for him having the best game of the season lol.

If I had to lose again, at least it will make a little kid happy.  I can deal with that LOL

0-3 baby, OH YEA!!!
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 5:40am
Who would have thought I'd pick up my first TruSnow win with one of my starting RB's not getting a single touch in the game lol.  Wish I had been paying more attention before the 1:00 games.  You'd think he'd at least get some backup duties lol.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 6:24am
I'm thinking about changing the name of my team to the All-Injured Squad. 

Half my team is out.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:52am

Who would have thought I'd pick up my first TruSnow win with one of my starting RB's not getting a single touch in the game lol.  Wish I had been paying more attention before the 1:00 games.  You'd think he'd at least get some backup duties lol.

Your 2 backup G-men more than covered for Kevin Smith...
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:10am
dang, i got beat up in all 3 leagues :(
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 5:01am
And with that I have my first 0-3 start to a fantasy season.  I will also get killed this week playing one of the top teams with half my guys out injured.  I'll stick around just for the integrity of the league but I have come to the sad realization that my FF playoffs dreams will have to wait until next year.Cry

That being said I can always look on the bright side, THANK GOD THIS ISN'T A MONEY LEAGUE!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 5:42am
^ I forgot to check FF this morning at home... so my son's team won, I'll tell him when I pick the lad up from school today.  And then we are going to have a serious talk about WRs!  No more DeSean Jackson and Anquan Boldin!  Worthless turd-burglars...
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 5:56am
Seattle D almost came through for me.  They seem pretty legit.  Those 8 sacks were awesome.  Couldn't stop the packers on that last scoring drive though... that TD lost me the lead, and never got it back.  Luckily I landed LeShoure two weeks ago to replace Bush for the next few weeks.

Was still fun watching that debacle at the end of the game yesterday.  Still don't think the NFL is going to do anything about it though, cause people keep on tuning in and going to the games, and that's all they care about.

Edit: also just remembered that if Detroit hadn't botched that play, and had just kicked the FG, I also would have won. lol.  FF... so pleasing one week and so infuriating the next.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 1:33pm

Seattle D almost came through for me.
I'd forgotten that you needed big points from Seattles D. I was too busy rooting against GB and Rodgers. You must've been jumping out of your seat. Pretty good game for fantasy interests.

FF... so pleasing one week and so infuriating the next.
So true...
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 6:18am
Man CoMtn, just picking through all my dropped TE's huh? haha
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 7:25am

Man CoMtn, just picking through all my dropped TE's huh? haha

LOL Yea, our waiver wire is THIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!

Especially at TE.

Should have picked up the BAL TE.  I actually meant to, but Miller was higher in my priority by mistake.  I just got lucky and I had to get a backup TE for my backup TE because he was on bye week 4.

Just another thing I did wrong this season.  SMH.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 7:45am
Haha yea I was surprised I got Pitta and A. Brown (I now have 2 A. Browns on my team btw haha) on last weeks waivers.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 8:26am

Haha yea I was surprised I got Pitta and A. Brown (I now have 2 A. Browns on my team btw haha) on last weeks waivers.
All that doesn't touch how much of a disappointment Rodgers has been this season.  If he doesn't light it up against NO who has been terrible this year, it may be time to start thinking about a trade.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 1:00pm

All that doesn't touch how much of a disappointment Rodgers has been this season.  If he doesn't light it up against NO who has been terrible this year, it may be time to start thinking about a trade.
Rodges trade talk already? That didn't take long.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 1:15pm

Nothing takes long when you are 0-3 and in 11th place.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 7:37pm

Nothing takes long when you are 0-3 and in 11th place.

how bad is my team?  My kicker is outscoring everyone on my team not named Matty Ice Ryan.  
-zakk

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 3:32am
Originally posted by zakk

how bad is my team?  My kicker is outscoring everyone on my team not named Matty Ice Ryan.  

Lol my kicker outscored everyone except Ray Rice last week.  But that's cause Hanson has been beast this season.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 3:41am
^ And I'm the fool that dropped him.  When you speak of me, speak well.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 4:25am

That's in my other league haha.  I'm stuck with Hartley in this one... supposed to be scoring lots of points like the saints offense. So much for that theory.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 4:31am

That's in my other league haha.  I'm stuck with Hartley in this one... supposed to be scoring lots of points like the saints offense. So much for that theory.
What shocks me is how picked over the defenses are in this league.  I really screwed the pooch waiting so long to draft one this year.  Buffalo expenditure this offseason has not produced fantasy results!
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 12:57pm
Our entire waiver wire is pretty picked over. Maybe it'll change after some of the bye weeks, but there's not much to look at right now.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 1:17pm
we have 12 teams, not a lot is out there.  that's why I prefer 10 teams.  still have the be an active GM.  in 12 teams, if you get lucky in the draft, its over. 
-zakk

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:53am
Excellent, I convince my son to bench Anquan Boldin and he catches 9 passes for 131 yards last night.  At least he didn't get a TD...
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 3:27am

Excellent, I convince my son to bench Anquan Boldin and he catches 9 passes for 131 yards last night.  At least he didn't get a TD...

Totally forgot I had Boldin starting til my friend started b!tching about him online.
I was expecting the worst but was sooo stoked when I logged in.

Having QB controversy idk whether to start Rodgers against the Saints
or RGIII against the Bucs
I know the Saints are playing terribly, but RGIII is on fire right now, and GB Offense hasn't been so great.
Long hair don't care!
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 6:39am
Glad I started Flacco over Romo right now in my other league... Pitta and Tucker didn't work out so hot for me in this one haha
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Jigkidd

Totally forgot I had Boldin starting til my friend started b!tching about him online.
I was expecting the worst but was sooo stoked when I logged in.

Having QB controversy idk whether to start Rodgers against the Saints
or RGIII against the Bucs
I know the Saints are playing terribly, but RGIII is on fire right now, and GB Offense hasn't been so great.

You gotta start Rodgers this week, if he doesn't destroy the Saints then I'm not sure what to think of him anymore. Crazy how much the top 4-5 QBs have been "struggling" versus their outputs last year.

My auto-draft all-stars are doing pretty well, but right when I get F-Jax back Nicks gets a doubtful tag with knee swelling? What the hell.

DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 12:59pm
battle of 1 vs 2 this week.  off to a good start with flacco yesterday.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 1:03pm
We are up against some team named Boreal Bears (wtf kind of name is that?).  If my son went against my advice Anquan Boldin's 19.60 points would have wiped out Torrey Smith's 18.70 effort... dammit.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by DCC

damn you Flacco... taking all Ray Rice's points Angry
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 9:10pm

Originally posted by DCC

Rice did have his opportunity in the red zone though.  Got two carries for one yard from the 2 yard line, then Flacco ran it in.  I started both of them in my other league figuring I'd get the points one way or another, was just hoping there'd be a few Flacco checkdowns to rice that went for TDs haha.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 5:40pm

Originally posted by DCC

Rice did have his opportunity in the red zone though.  Got two carries for one yard from the 2 yard line, then Flacco ran it in.  I started both of them in my other league figuring I'd get the points one way or another, was just hoping there'd be a few Flacco checkdowns to rice that went for TDs haha.

I know, I know... don't remind me. I was yelling at the TV. Cleveland was really stacking it up against the run whenever Rice was in there. That's partially why Flacco had such a big day. And when Rice did break off a big run, frickin' bogus holding call away from the play. Don't get me started. Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>