Premier League Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 8>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier League Thread
    Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 10:36pm
I'm so sick of City scraping through with terrible performances! Shocking decision to bring Long off, think that one changed the game.

Poor performance by United as well. The attack looks one of the best in europe but i'm worried about the defence and midfield..

As for Chelski, shocking choice by club and management to keep Terry as captain after being found guilty of racism. Absolutely pathetic.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 12:00am
John Terry has a checkered past but the man must be an unbelievable on-field leader because he's always being put in a position to lead
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 2:25am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

John Terry has a checkered past but the man must be an unbelievable on-field leader because he's always being put in a position to lead

I guess you can't really dispute that but the guy is clearly a scumbag and just a generally atrocious human being. I think there is grounds for bring the good of the game into disrepute. A captain is a leader who sets by example and while he may be an excellent leader of his own team whilst on the pitch his actions are disgraceful. Captains are meant to be looked to and keeping him Captain is setting a poor example for young kids. Basically he can do whatever he wants and still be kept as Captain. Its disgraceful by Chelsea and I can guarantee no matter how good terry may be, Ferguson would rip that captains band off him faster than he could say sorry.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 5:43am
It's interesting that he was found not guilty of racism in a court room but he was found guilty by the FA hearing. It raises eyebrows to me to tell the truth...I know Terry's off the field character is questionable but I see the "reputable" FA just trying to make an example of him so they can save their own ass. Plus it doesn't take a lot for a Ferdinand to seek attention. These racism claims are becoming ultra sensitive and I think that soon enough you won't even be able to call each other any names while playing. I think Terry called him a "black cun+". I don't know, seems kind of weak to me.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 3:28pm
No doubt John Terry is considered a scumbag by many, but to those of us who follow Chelsea, we turn a blind eye haha
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 9:27am
^^agree 100% don't know what to make of these Jt to Valencia rumors but if he were to go, I would wish him all the luck in the world...a true Blue legend
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2012 at 7:02pm
He maybe a legend to Chelsea fans, but he's considered a total ass-hat by everyone else. Don't forget he had an affair with a team-mate's wife!

He's just one of those players that everyone but his own fans hate, like Suarez or Roy Keane.

I think this Utd/Chelsea game could be a classic. Both shaky at the back and great going forward.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2012 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Cooperla

He maybe a legend to Chelsea fans, but he's considered a total ass-hat by everyone else. Don't forget he had an affair with a team-mate's wife!

He's just one of those players that everyone but his own fans hate, like Suarez or Roy Keane.

I think this Utd/Chelsea game could be a classic. Both shaky at the back and great going forward.

Agree on all counts. But wait, are you telling me non Pool fans hate Suarez??? I thought he was loved by all... Ha ha

Bring on the Merseyside derby!
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 9:02am
What an absolute disgrace the officiating was today. After an awful no goal decision on Liverpool, they send off Torres and ruin the game and then allow the offside goal. Really poor day for the prem in my opinion.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 1:02pm
Yeah, I figured Chelsea fans wouldn't be happy, but it was a pretty good game.

Torres didn't exactly dive, but he did embellish the contact. And Chicharito looked like he was beyond the last defender AND the keeper. Doesn't that make him on?
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 3:59am
The game was a cracker and even 10 v 11 Chelsea looked like the team that were going to score and then the whole game was ruined when they sent Torres off.. Just a shame really.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:43pm
It was a shame the officiating made some errors but that happens. Torres sending off was a little harsh, can only look to bounce back and trounce Swansea
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 6:25am
Suarez needs to get out of England...he will never get a call. Coloccini is gonna have to hack his leg off literally for a foul. Unreal...but he is an unbelievable talent. Every time he gets on the ball he is dangerous.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 7:29am
Originally posted by milutinho

Suarez needs to get out of England...he will never get a call. Coloccini is gonna have to hack his leg off literally for a foul. Unreal...but he is an unbelievable talent. Every time he dives on the pitch he is a disgrace to the game.

Fixed. I agree, Suarez does need to gtfo England.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 9:03am
Haha...coloccini almost hacked his leg off...ideserved red
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 10:53am
I love Suarez I dont know what you b***** are talking about. He just got me 18 points on fantasy premier league
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 11:39am
My beloved Arsenal are in trouble as they have been for season after season after season. Why are the arsenal board the only people who can't see they are in a crisis. INVEST!! Talent generates talent.
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 12:00pm
Suarez earned himself a bad rep and now he has to earn his way out of it, and I say that as a Liverpool fan. He also needs some more help up front, Andy was supposed to provide that but he didn't work out.  
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 12:03pm
Don't be a dbag...he's a great player as proven by his goal today. As for Arsenal, the loss of Patrick Vieira is still the greatest loss of a player for that club. He was a tremendous player but even more so competitor and leader. When he left, he took with him an attitude and a toughness that has never been recovered. I still remember the Vieira-Keane battles in the middle of the pitch and off it to be honest.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 7:50pm
I think Suarez is talented but he does miss a lot of chances. A lot.

And he's a horrible little man.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 10:14pm
Suarez annoyed the hell outta me until that handball in the world cup... when he earned my respect.

He makes really good charges at the net but yeah, his finish is lacking lately.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by fj5

Suarez annoyed the hell outta me until that handball in the world cup... when he earned my respect.

Really? Seriously? Earned your respect for that! He cheated his team into a world cup semi. No doubt at all. Can you imagine that happening to you and missing the penalty - how deflated as a team you would be. Ghana deserved it way more than Uruguay! 
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 12:02am
Originally posted by woodyy05

Originally posted by fj5

Really? Seriously? Earned your respect for that! He cheated his team into a world cup semi. No doubt at all. Can you imagine that happening to you and missing the penalty - how deflated as a team you would be. Ghana deserved it way more than Uruguay! 

That's not cheating.  He suffered the full consequences of his actions.  Are you telling me you wouldn't do that for your country?  He gave up his place in the next game to prevent the goal.  True definition of taking one for the team.  It wasn't his fault Ghana missed the following penalty.  And what if Ghana got it?  The act was valiant regardless.

Sure, if I were on the losing end of that scenario, I'd be furious... but who wouldn't do that in his position!?!?

You want to talk about atrocity?  USA vs Canada Womens Olympic Soccer... yeah.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 12:13am
Valiant yes, stupid, even more so and very bad sportsmanship. I think his attitude, is win at all costs, regardless of if he knows something is completely wrong or not.

I can see there's two sides to the coin, but for me, there's a difference between a last ditch tackle/foul for example and knowing the ball is going in and deliberating throwing your hands in the air, knowing you're committing something that is blatantly wrong for your own gain. That's not in the spirit of the game at all.

Can't comment on the USA v Canada game, I haven't seen/heard of it - care to elaborate?
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 2:20am
true, arsenal have missed the grit and hardness that was patrick vierra. arsenal are too soft and delicate, another trophyless season awaits, how long before it sinks in to the manager and board?!
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 9:23am

Valiant yes, stupid, even more so and very bad sportsmanship. I think his attitude, is win at all costs, regardless of if he knows something is completely wrong or not.

I can see there's two sides to the coin, but for me, there's a difference between a last ditch tackle/foul for example and knowing the ball is going in and deliberating throwing your hands in the air, knowing you're committing something that is blatantly wrong for your own gain. That's not in the spirit of the game at all.

Can't comment on the USA v Canada game, I haven't seen/heard of it - care to elaborate?

I guess we have different opinions about what Suarez did, I respect that.

Here's footage from the USA vs Canada game... a lot of controversy from both sides, I for one think Canada was "cheated" by forces outside the players, if you get what I mean.

Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 9:52am
Originally posted by irish-boarder

My beloved Arsenal are in trouble as they have been for season after season after season. Why are the arsenal board the only people who can't see they are in a crisis. INVEST!! Talent generates talent.

Absolutely disgusting watching Santos chase down RVP to swap shirts. At halftime. And Wenger did no better speaking about RVP after the game. The mindset of the club has to change. No way in hell, for any price, would Fergie sell us Rooney. Yet we sell them our best player and then expect to compete. For 'good business'. I'm not for pushing Wenger out. But the mindset of the entire club has to change.  
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 10:14am
Does anybody know why James Morrison isn't starting tonight against Southhampton???
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by fj5

I guess we have different opinions about what Suarez did, I respect that.

Here's footage from the USA vs Canada game... a lot of controversy from both sides, I for one think Canada was "cheated" by forces outside the players, if you get what I mean.

I guess we do! How long do you think it will be before he gets fed up of the referee's giving nothing his way? There's such a mountain of footage of blatant dives and moments of cheat that makes people hate him, yet I'm sure if he played for my team, or anyone's team you'd love his attitude to bits. I think it will be very hard for him to ever have a positive rapport with non-Liverpool/Uruguay. I'm all for having my opinion changed about him, but i have a feeling that it never will, he's just that kind of player that is win at all costs -  regardless of whether it's right or wrong. 

ehhhh 13 minutes is too long! c'mon be more specific! haha.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 12:17am
I know it's long, but it's seriously the best video I found... shows EVERYTHING you need to see, nothing extra there.  That game really upset me because the ref calls were so blatantly one sided.

RE: Premier League, more so soccer in general... it looks like it's taking the route that the NBA took... teams stacking superstars.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 2:15am
Haha okay i'll get to watching it then!

With that teams stacking superstars, do you think introducing a salary cap to stop that happening would be a good thing or bad?
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 1:27pm
i watched that women's game in Vegas and there were a lot of happy people at the end.

some crazy results in the Champions League today with City's group...looks like they are pretty much done.
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by fj5

I know it's long, but it's seriously the best video I found... shows EVERYTHING you need to see, nothing extra there.  That game really upset me because the ref calls were so blatantly one sided.

RE: Premier League, more so soccer in general... it looks like it's taking the route that the NBA took... teams stacking superstars.

at least the nba has a salary cap though. City can buy as many titles as they want,spend as much as they want on players.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by giftedhands

Originally posted by fj5

at least the nba has a salary cap though. City can buy as many titles as they want,spend as much as they want on players.

Heh heh heh, i enjoyed that crossed out sentence. It's so true for last season but look at this. Over 1.5bn spent on players and its looking like they're going out in the Champions League group stages without even the Europa league to fall back on.

Has anyone seen that list of balotelli antics on Facebook?
Here's a link: I absolutely wet myself reading some of the stuff he's gotten up to in his career. It's absolutely hilarious
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 11:21pm

Originally posted by giftedhands

Originally posted by fj5

Heh heh heh, i enjoyed that crossed out sentence. It's so true for last season but look at this. Over 1.5bn spent on players and its looking like they're going out in the Champions League group stages without even the Europa league to fall back on.

Has anyone seen that list of balotelli antics on Facebook?
Here's a link: I absolutely wet myself reading some of the stuff he's gotten up to in his career. It's absolutely hilarious

The Balotelli list is awesome, saw it a few weeks back. I hate him on the pitch, but off it he's a f*cking classic by the sounds of it. Will be stoked if city don't make knockout stages.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 1:27pm
what a great win for Celtic...well deserved!
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 9:34pm

what a great win for Celtic...well deserved!

Huge effort! Many more fancied teams have been destroyed by that Barca team. Hung on for grim death, but good on them.

Man Chelsea left it late. That Shaktar team is pretty damn good.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2012 at 5:22am
I'm a blues fan, and there's nothing more I enjoy than watching a well drilled team that have been together for 5+ years just do there thing like Shakhtar did yesterday...it's really a wonderful sight. Reminded me of the Chelsea ala Mourinho.

As for Celtic, I watched the replay and those boys ran there socks off and that keeper had a hell of a game. I think the plan for beating Barfa is just that...fight for your life, run your balls off, kick them around a bit, great goalkeeping and having confidence that you will score bc that back line is atrocious and Valdes is god awful.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2012 at 8:16am
And you have to get a bit lucky too.  Celtic players looked out on their feet the last few minutes.

United were dreadful until the lights went out.  No movement, no possession, they looked terrible.  Braga really threw that game away in the last 20 mins.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 7:08pm
And today was the same, but without the floodlight failure. Don't understand how Utd can look so bad, go behind to crappy teams, and then turn on just enough class to win.

As long as it keeps working...
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 6:11am
It is really unbelievable. I think that's 5 games already this year.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 1:34pm
Big comeback win for Utd again.

That Chelsea/City game tomorrow is going to be huge.
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 5:27pm
Who else here hates Rafael Benitez??
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 7:34pm
No way, I love him. He's doing an excellent job running Chelsea into the ground. FACT.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 6:35pm
hahaha the fat waiter strikes again...we will see if rafa makes it past january
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 10:29am
Thought I'd bring this back with the Manchester derby today...what a strange season it's been. An off year for English teams to say the least...not one in quarters of the champions league...my blues have looked awful but will hopefully dig in for a top 4 finish and hopefully the Europa league trophy...

Gotta say this united team might be the worst team to ever win the title...
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 11:33pm
Your boys got the win 2-1. 12 points to make up in 7 games, a huge margin but crazier things have happened. IDK if they're the worst team to take it all that's a pretty big call
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 8:44am
I'm not a city fan, I'm a Chelsea fan but I think that win was deserved yesterday. United look complacent right now and another slip up could make it exciting...I don't think city will catch up but it would be nice if there was some drama in the end.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 3:13pm

I'm not a city fan, I'm a Chelsea fan but I think that win was deserved yesterday. United look complacent right now and another slip up could make it exciting...I don't think city will catch up but it would be nice if there was some drama in the end.

Ah my mistake milutinho one of my mates is mad Chelsea. You'll have a tough job hanging on I think. Away to Man U and Liverpool then hosting Everton still on the schedule isn't any cakewalk
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 4:58pm
i think the Spuds at the Bridge will be a decider...which i think we will take...we've had United's number this year so i'm thinking we can go in there and get the 3 points especially if the title has been all but locked up. it will most def be exciting. we need 4th so the special one will come back...hopefully.

p.s. I can't believe Barfa limped thru again...unbelievable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>