Premier League Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 8>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier League Thread
    Posted: Aug/22/2012 at 10:18am
Upset alert Reading has a 2-1 lead on Chelsea. Cech flat missed a routine save to give Reading the lead. 
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2012 at 10:46am
Good, i cant stand chelsea      
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2012 at 12:30pm
4-2 to the Chels! Top of the table...Hazard with another solid performance.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 9:00am
Chelsea dominated the second half of the game, but they were given a gift when Torres was clearly offsides and there was no call they took a 3-2 lead and that was game.  
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2012 at 10:33pm
I can't believe chelsea are being tipped as serious title contenders.. They haven't played anyone decent yet and yet again have had some very very questionable decisions go their way. You might say newscastle are a good side but there's no way they'll do anywhere near as good this season as last season.

Anyone catch RVP's first goal for united? Absolute cracker!
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 8:20am
Wigan won away today and were in the best form of any team at the end of last season beating united, arsenal,Liverpool and Newcastle and they should have beaten Chelsea were it not for horrid refereeing. Newcastle finished fifth and came from beating tottenham last week. You can beat only those that you play and winning three in a row at the beginning of a season in the prem is no easy feat. They will definitely challenge.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 11:46am
Wish dempsey would just make a decision already.  Kinda ridiculous that he is just refusing to play.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 4:41pm
Chelsea do look good, but they haven't really played anyone good. They didn't look so impressive when they played City in the Charity Shield.

Did anyone see Rooney's injury? That was gnarly
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 9:48am
Originally posted by robsta

Wish dempsey would just make a decision already.  Kinda ridiculous that he is just refusing to play.

You see this in all sports, he wants more money than he is worth to stay at Fulham so they won't sign him and they are trying to get something reasonable to give him away and haven't found the right deal. As the early season moves along teams will find holes in their team and they will make an offer.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 11:51am
Can't base the season on 2-3 games, but Chelsea are definitely going to compete. Torres is trash, has been since he left liverpool, but there are plenty of offensive options for Chelsea. 

As an Arsenal fan, I'm quite pissed with these first two games, but I'll take the positive as 2 clean sheets. 
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Online Status: Online
  Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 1:26am
Hoping Liverpool buy Walcott... Then ditch Downing and Adam.

Looks like Tottenham will get Dembele too. That's a good buy.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 5:06am
Dembele is great...I hate the mancs but thought he would have been perfect for them...he's a great player but I think him and AVB will clash because that's what AVB does...he ruins teams by aggravating the teams best players.as for Walcott, never met the hype and is perfect for Liverpool.
bowers666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bowers666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 2:12pm
Dembele is good but I dont think he is worth 15 mil. Walcott wont leave Arsenal even though that money would be handy to buy a better player
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 3:12pm
Migoo, seems like Liverpool could ship out Adam and Downing, not buy anyone and still have improved their squad.  Allen is far, far better than Adam in midfield, and Borini looks useful.

I don't know about Dembele.  He does look good, but I wonder if he's a "flavor of the month" choice.  He could be the next Yaya Toure, but he could also be the next Tom Huddlestone.  Unless you're a Spurs fan, that would be a pretty funny outcome.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 10:46pm
With the Dembele signing it should open the door for Van de Vaart to go elsewhere although they may have him valued to high
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 12:26pm
Not exactly Premier League but did you guys see the Champs League draw? Fergie pulling the strings, hahah. City got screwed.

Then again, United had an easy draw last year and buggered it right up.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Migoo

Hoping Liverpool buy Walcott... Then ditch Downing and Adam.

Looks like Tottenham will get Dembele too. That's a good buy.

They unloaded Adam and Carroll, so I hope they are after somebody.
bowers666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bowers666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 2:45pm
City were always gonna have a shit draw as they were seeded 2....
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 6:06am
Deadline day has been hectic...vdv, de Jong, berbatov, dos santos, bendtner, Maicon, all moving...hopefully clint goest loserpool and ruins his career.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 7:24am
Maicon at City will be interesting. And Berba ended up at Fulham. Good luck to him, I always thought he was class
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 12:05pm
Dempsey to Spurs! ahahahahah...thats a lateral move...i heard essien might be going to Real Madrid...City with 5 signings on deadline day...Nastasic will be a class player for them.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by milutinho

Dempsey to Spurs! ahahahahah...thats a lateral move...i heard essien might be going to Real Madrid...City with 5 signings on deadline day...Nastasic will be a class player for them.

Jeez where did that Dempsey move come from??? I actually wanted him at Pool, seeing as we just loaned out a $35m striker... No deadline day signings, not happy.

City left it late, but 5 good players in.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 1:14am
Being a United fan, I'm caught in two minds with Berba leaving. He has been peripheral at best last season and he has a knack for being lazy and sulky when its not going his way but my, oh my, he is a shtooking genius with that football. I watched a highlight reel of his highlights at united and there are so many ridiculously good goals... brought back some good memories and made me a little sad he's gone!
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 6:29am
A steal at 3million if you ask me, man can still play and SAF has the tendency to do this with players when they irritate him.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 7:07pm
A absolute steal. I would have loved Pool to buy him, and am surprised Spurs didn't.

He's a bit like Ibra, when he's not in the mood, he's invisible, but when he's on form damn near unstoppable.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 12:12am
Tottenham is a huge upgrade from Fulham for Dempsey.  I hope he gets playing time.  With competition like Dembele, Adebayor, and Defoe it won't be easy.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 12:21am
Definitely a good move for Dempsey but will it be a good move for Spurs? They have had a shocker of a start to the season and need a bit of a kick to get things going. He's a good solid player but again he's not the player that wins you leagues/trophies. Its almost as if Spurs couldn't manage Joao Moutinho so they grabbed Dempsey.. Weird move for Hugo lloris too? Class keeper from what I hear but thats 4 very decent keepers they have on their books. Friedel, Cudicini. Lloris and Gomes, that sh*t cray!
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 12:33pm
I wonder if Arsenal fans feel like they're watching their ex-missus walking around with a cooler, better looking guy? RVP absolutely class today, that first goal was a great finish.
bowers666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bowers666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 3:26pm
Im still waiting for RVP to break his legs. Man Utd has not looked good at all this year except for RVP
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2012 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Cooperla

I wonder if Arsenal fans feel like they're watching their ex-missus walking around with a cooler, better looking guy? RVP absolutely class today, that first goal was a great finish.

They certainly will when united go to the emirates... He's settled very quickly by the looks of it. So well, that I think the rumours about Rooney leaving will come true at the end of this season. Not sure where he'd go, but I doubt he wants to be 2nd in line. Will depend on how Fergie treats him throughout the season.

On the plus side for the gooners, 2 of the new boys scored against Pool... Bastards
Bartleby Badger View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2012 at 5:25am
Has anyone read John W Henry's open letter to the fans today? Not a hint of irony, brilliant Clap
Is badger, is not problem
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2012 at 7:20am
Hahahaha, that was excellent. I particularly like the section about not being able to get any good deals. Dempsey clearly wanted to go there and signed for relative peanuts for Spurs. And the manager made it pretty clear he wanted new players - why would you loan Carroll if you weren't expecting to get someone else?
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2012 at 5:47pm
The Carroll move is looking like a better idea as he just busted his hamstring and is out for awhile, however I have to assume that Liverpool thought they were going to get somebody. Otherwise the owners are clearing house just like they did with the Red Sox.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2012 at 1:33pm
zenit st. petersburg is going crazy right now, already signing hulk and axel witsel for a ridiculous amount of money...it looks like they are also after nani and joao moutinho...i think there transfer window ends on friday...ruskis are getting wild.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2012 at 1:37pm
Ronaldo to City? Chelsea? Can't believe Madrid doesn't pay him more!
bowers666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bowers666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2012 at 3:22pm
Its not about the money. Ronaldo will not go to Man City or Chelsea while Alex Ferguson is manager of United. He is too close with him
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2012 at 4:02am
They will pay him...I heard its because the Spanish players have a clique and then there is a everybody else clique and Ronaldo has been banished by both because him and his best buddy Marcelo got in a fight... Areal life telenovela
cheapjerseyssite View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote cheapjerseyssite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2012 at 5:43am
cheap youth jerseys jerseys shopTo datcheap jerseys cheap soccer jerseys e, more than 17,000 cheapjerseyssitepeople are cheap jerseys cheap soccer jerseys estimated to have been killedcheap nfl jerseys cheapjerseyssite
china cheap jerseyscheap jerseys from china
cheap youth jerseys
in the Syrian conflict, and 150,000 refugees have fled into neighboring countries.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2012 at 7:25am
Not up in here you don't, cheapjerseysite, NOT UP IN HERE.

And soccertriads, for anyone looking for cheap knockoff shirts, is the place to go anyway.

As a Utd fan, I still love Ronaldo but he is clearly an utter tit in real life.  It was only a matter of time before the shine wore off in Madrid and he found a way to annoy everyone there. 
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2012 at 10:19am
Is neymar going to EPL?
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2012 at 11:07am
Neymar said he will stay in Brazil until after the world cup. The santos president also said he never received a bid from united at the end of the transfer period. I'm thinking he will go to Spain whenever he decides to leave brazil...hopefully Real as Ronaldo's age starts catching up with him.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2012 at 5:59pm
Yeah I don't see him going to EPL, it would be way too physical for a player of his type. I'd agree with a move to Spain, maybe Italy perhaps.
bowers666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bowers666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 2:44pm
I hope he goes to the Premier League. They will absolutely destroy the diving female genitals
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 1:17am
Originally posted by bowers666

I hope he goes to the Premier League. They will absolutely destroy the diving female genitals

Well I wasn't going to say it, but I'm glad someone did... I hate Neymar
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 2:58am

You surely can't hate Neymar! The guy is an incredible footballer, yes he does have the diving trait, but who doesn't these days! I do agree though, if he came to the premier league, players like Vidic would eat him for breakfast.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 6:01am
I would love to see Messi in the prem just so it would shut everybody up about him being the greatest ever...
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 6:17am
Originally posted by milutinho

I would love to see Messi in the prem just so it would shut everybody up about him being the greatest ever...

how so?
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 7:55am

I don't know why you would think this.  Ronaldo is another supremely talented player who dives a lot and also has silly hair.  He didn't get destroyed in the Premier League, he owned it.
bowers666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bowers666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 2:39pm
Neymar is a similar player to Robinho and he got eaten alive in the Premier League. This league is just too physical for a primadonna like himself
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 6:05pm
IN la liga, nobody tackles and nobody tackles messi especially except for pepe and he gets sent off most of the time for it. the fields in spain are way bigger especially at camp nou where the field is 125 meters by 75 meters so there is a ton of space. in england the field is never bigger than 110 meters or wider than 65 meters.

In england guys tackle and kill each other almost every game for 90 minutes on every team especially the smaller sides like stoke city, everton, etc that just beat you up and messi would be destroyed. guys fly in with challenges and the referees are a lot more lenient in england than in spain.

Messi is a great player but he was lucky to be playing in la liga in this moment when there is nobody to challenge Barcelona and Real Madrid...I repeat nobody. Messi's story would be way different if he played in England.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>