Premier League Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 8>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier League Thread
    Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 10:11am
I think he's too quick and too skilled to be stopped, even in a more physical Premier League.

Robinho is a good example of a player who couldn't handle it, but he was also a nutcase.  There are plenty of other small, skillful players who have thrived - Modric, Fabregas, David Silva.

There's a chance Messi would get injured more (because the anti-football teams in the Prem like Stoke, Sunderland, and Liverpool would kick him about) but I don't think he'd have any problem dominating games like he does in La Liga.  
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 6:05pm
I disagree. Aguerro has been a great success so far I think scoring 30goals in all competitions last year. Could Messi score 30 in all comps in England...yes. Could he score 73...fack no!
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 12:56pm
Aguero is a tough player though. He's small yes, but he's very strong for a little guy. You do see a lot of Brazilians come to the Premier League and leave early or remain inconsistent. It's common knowledge that the Premier League is a much more physical league that the other big european leagues
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 5:56pm
Jeez, some pretty full on stuff coming out about the Hillsborough disaster...

I'm relieved to see that the pool fans were indeed not to blame, but it's hard to feel happy about that when you read that it was a police f up, and then cover up, and as many as 41 people may have been able to survive if it had of been handled better.

Heavy stuff
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 12:24pm
i love sergio aguerro, the man hasn't found a pair of shorts his thighs haven't ripped...city got lucky with that injury of his. it looks like he will be back against Real.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 8:54am
Great weekend for Utd so far. Comfortable home win, new boys on the score sheet, city and chelsea draw.

Not looking good for Saints though.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Cooperla

Great weekend for Utd so far. Comfortable home win, new boys on the score sheet, city and chelsea draw.

Not looking good for Saints though.

It was too! Very happy with Scholes' contribution, what a consummate professional too! No interviews or showboating after the game either. Amazing what a 37 year old can do.

With the saints, don't be writing them off yet. They've had a pretty tough run, City, Utd and Arsenal in their first 4 games. I think they will be okay, all they need is a couple of good results and they will be well on their way!
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 11:59pm
Alright so I've been looking to buy some PL jerseys.  I stumbled across this site called 9soccers.com...  It looks like it could be a scam though and I'm skeptical.  You guys should check the site out and let me know what you think..  The jerseys are super cheap and there are reviews but they almost seem as if they could be fake reviews.  I dunno.  Check it out!
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 4:53am
eBay has good jersies for good prices.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 5:48pm
^^^I'd just stick to ebay if I were you especially if your skeptical about that website
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 6:30pm
That win should ease some of the pressure on AVB... Just. Lots of people have him as the 1st manager in EPL to get axed this season.

I'm thinking Rodgers might be getting nervous... Pool need to pick it up quick.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 1:48am
Woo Hoo, champions league is back on tomorrow!!!

Hoping Real destroy City, should be a cracker anyhow.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 2:51am
Arsenal 6-1 wowee.

Man City vs Madrid definitely the pick of the games tomorrow
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 3:50pm
And what a game it was today...I'm hoping this will turn it around for Real.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 4:32pm
Textbook Ronaldo!!! What a game
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 6:28pm
Didn't think the 1st 70 mins or so was that great, BUT the last 20, holy hell.  After the 1st goal it just went end to end. Good way to kick off the new season.

Looking forward to Chelski v Juve too.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 4:12pm
Another good game between Chelsea and Juve. Juve snagging the draw late on
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 6:21pm
Yeah it was. Pretty damn good european debut for Oscar too.

Only spoiled by Juve snatching a draw.
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 7:56pm
OMG Oscars goal was AMAZINGGGG!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 1:15am
Oscars goal was ridiculous, a sign of things to come hopefully.

United got over the line, Nani looks out of form though
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 3:01am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Oscars goal was ridiculous, a sign of things to come hopefully.

United got over the line, Nani looks out of form though

The 1st touch was ridiculous, then the perfect curling shot... Watching it over and over.

No idea why RVP didn't take the pen???
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 8:46am
SAF said that nani just ran up and grabbed the ball. RVP was the intended shooter but nothing was discussed per game.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 7:40am
Does anyone think Everton can keep up their early season success? It is great to see Howard's team doing so well. 
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 2:16pm
^^^in response to haven2135^^^

Everton has a very solid team. Baines has been killin it. Fellani got a little lucky this past fixture with his "hand" ball, but hes still a huge part of the team. And Morrison is always solid in the midfield. I dont think they'll finish in the top 5, but definitely in the top half of the table!
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 6:43pm
I would say no it won't last. But Everton usually start slow and finish strong, so you never know. I doubt they will challenge for UCL place, UEL perhaps.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:03am
Same old United - totally unconvincing performance, shaky at the back, get the win anyway.  That goes for Liverpool and Galatasary.

At some point this season, they'll really start playing.

I'm not sure Everton can sustain a top five spot with the squad they have, but it's an impressive start.  Considering the money they don't have and the thin squad, they really do overachieve.
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 11:01am
Arsenal against Chelsea this weekend.. Predictions?? Im an Arsenal fan and they're playing home so I gotta say the gunners are gonna win
bowers666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bowers666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 2:13pm
Im going for a Gunners win
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 3:40pm
Chelsea for me against Arsenal.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 5:49pm
Chelsea looking too strong for my money.

I think it will be close, but Chelsea to win.
bowers666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bowers666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 2:13pm
Chelsea look good but they havent been challenged yet.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:05pm
Good one early tomorrow...should be a welcomed challenge to the Chels! KTBFFH!
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:16pm
Gonna be a draw - 1-1.

Man U Spurs will probably be a more entertaining game.  Neither team very solid at the back.  I hope Spurs go two or three up in the first half, so I know another epic comeback is imminent.  How many would they need to be winning by for their fans to feel good about the game?  4-0 with 2 mins left?
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 8:51pm
Very happy to see Pool finally get their season going...

Chelsea looking good still.

Big surprise to see Spurs get United at Old Trafford (for the 1st time in 23 years).
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 12:13am
Also good to see Torres score.

Another win for Everton so not slowing down just yet
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 6:08am
Kind of bummed Arsenal lost, ESPECIALLY since torres scored. What a joke of a forward!
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Migoo

Very happy to see Pool finally get their season going...

Chelsea looking good still.

Big surprise to see Spurs get United at Old Trafford (for the 1st time in 23 years).

Agreed it is nice to see Liverpool get a win, but how about Everton staying hot
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 2:18am
Was great to see Liverpool grab a win, especially with 3 teenagers in the starting 11 not sure how many of the big clubs would ever have had that stat before
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 5:09pm
No big surprises today - all the big boys took care of business. That Arsenal vs West Ham game was entertaining. Hope United show up tomorrow.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 9:03pm
Yeah, pretty much business as usual.

How good are Chelski looking btw... Going to very hard to beat this season.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 11:49pm
I love the Premier League Review Show...  Anyone else watch it?
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 1:36am
Originally posted by robsta

I love the Premier League Review Show...  Anyone else watch it?

Yeah, such a good way to catch up on the games you've missed. I laughed so hard when I first heard the dubstep they play when they're introducing the game. I can't believe how socially acceptable dubstep is now! It's kinda awesome considering all my friends used to tear into me about liking dubstep 6 years ago.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 1:21pm
Yeah, the Premier League Review Show is a lot better than those tools on FSC yapping away.

I saw an episode of Being Liverpool and was really impressed (and I hate Liverpool). Really interesting insight into the club and players.
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 4:19pm
Yea, being liverpool is a really interesting program. It would be cool to see similar programs with other top clubs like bayern or barca
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Cooperla

Yeah, the Premier League Review Show is a lot better than those tools on FSC yapping away.

I saw an episode of Being Liverpool and was really impressed (and I hate Liverpool). Really interesting insight into the club and players.

Haven't had a shot to watch Being Liverpool yet(or even wanted to).  But I keep hearing good things so I will have to check it out..

Chelsea is looking pretty unbeatable.  Hazard is looking like the best new player in the PL.  I think the top two at the end of the year will be Chelsea and Arsenal.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:34pm
RVP still stakes a pretty good claim to best player in the league. Chelsea are looking very good and I can't wait to see them take on some of the other big teams
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 5:54am
The next two fixtures will be exciting...Spurs away and United at home...
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 8:44am
Chelsea do look strong, but there's a long way to go. And I'm still not sure about Torres up front. They haven't needed him because Hazard and Mata have been excellent, but neither of them are really out-and-out forwards. No Drogba to bail them out now.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 6:20am
What a cracker between the Chels and Spuds...mata oozing class throughout
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 9:36am
Originally posted by milutinho

What a cracker between the Chels and Spuds...mata oozing class throughout

Mata has been a beast this year, I think he has 5 or 6 goals in his last 5 games.  Also good to see Liverpool on the board with a W, goal from the young kid Sterling. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>