Premier League Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 34567 8>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier League Thread
    Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 6:14pm
Haha damn, as I read your post I'm currently watching Barca PSG with PSG leading at the 55th minute.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 4:05am
Nice looking draw for the semis of the CL. Gonna be 4 fun games to watch. I hope it's Real Bayern in the final and Real winning it all.
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 4:08am
Originally posted by milutinho

Nice looking draw for the semis of the CL. Gonna be 4 fun games to watch. I hope it's Real Bayern in the final and Real winning it all.

i think bayern v real final would be cool! 

that said, theres a reason why bayern's nickname (stemming from real) is la bestia negra!

bayern- real and bayern takes it!

on the other hand though.... a bayern-dortmund final would be pretty insane over here....
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 8:36am
Haha you had the chance last year to do the ultimate which was win it at home...but the mighty blues held up so now it would be poetic if Bayern came to Chelsea's second home, Wembley, and took it home. I still think Real will take it but I will be Bayerns number 1 fan when they play Barfa.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 1:52am
bayern vs dortmund or real vs barca are what I'm hoping for. In particular Barca vs Real would be ridiculously big because so many people recognise the names worldwide. An all german final, or a german winner, would be huge for their league
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 10:11am
what a cracker between the Chels and Man City...great game with non stop up and down...shame the ref had a horror of a game.

used to love aguerro until that stamp on Luiz...cowardly move...needs to be banned 4 games minimum.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2013 at 7:42pm
Jeez Spurs turned it on to kill off City.

Suarez once again making it hard for even a Pool supporter to love him...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 6:29am
Wtf pulling a mike Tyson? Soccer players are some of the dirtiest athletes in sports. Maybe it's a euro thing.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 9:21am
They do all him the cannibal for a reason. Thought 6 minutes of extra time was ridiculous and then an additional 45 seconds on top of it was a joke.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 3:52pm
Well it's official now for United, not that there was much doubt.

2nd goal from RVP was outstanding. Probably a contender for goal of the year.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 6:33pm
I hate Ferguson but he has won this title for United. I have been watching English football for many years and this has to be the worst team in the history of the competition to be crowned champions.

Also speaks at the lack of quality managers in the prem. Besides Laudrup at Swansea, it's all been a disappointment. Moyes needs to leave Everton because it seems that they will never get out of the 5-8 spot. Wenger also needs out. Been there too long with no success. Mancini is obviously a head case because with that roster, nobody should have been close to them for the title. I'm a Chelsea supporter so I won't even go there with my feelings about Rafa. All the other managers are rubbish.

An off year for the prem for sure...
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Von44

Wtf pulling a mike Tyson? Soccer players are some of the dirtiest athletes in sports. Maybe it's a euro thing.

Suarez is from Uruguay so maybe a south american thing, he's an animal for sure considering that's the second time he's done that. Not sure what goes through someone's mind, especially these days with cameras everywhere, to think they can bite someone!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 6:01am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Originally posted by Von44

Suarez is from Uruguay so maybe a south american thing, he's an animal for sure considering that's the second time he's done that. Not sure what goes through someone's mind, especially these days with cameras everywhere, to think they can bite someone!!
How many second chances will this guy get? Hopefully FA will come down hard on him. Anything less than a 25 match ban will not suffice. His next offense should be a life time ban.

And i couldn't help but laugh when i found out that after the incident, that one of Suarez's newest followers on Twitter was Mike Tyson himself. No joke.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 1:22pm
crazy game today between Bayern and Barfa...so glad to see exciting football smoke boring football...well done and well deserved. still cant believe that my Chelsea beat both of these teams last year...I'll still be singing "we're Champions of Europe" until May 25.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 6:04pm

crazy game today between Bayern and Barfa...so glad to see exciting football smoke boring football...well done and well deserved. still cant believe that my Chelsea beat both of these teams last year...I'll still be singing "we're Champions of Europe" until May 25.

Twas a dominant performance that's for sure. Though the reffing was a concern, 2 missed pens in the 1st half, then surely Gomez was offside for his goal, and Muller body checked Alba to allow Robben to score. Still would have finished 4-0 probably. Bayern were on another level.

Big question is how is Pep Guardiola going to make them better next season?
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 11:44pm
Was a ridiculous showing by Bayern, Messi had basically no impact coming back from injury which begs to ask if he was 100% or even close to it?

A 4 goal margin is more than likely to big to turn around even for the mighty Barca
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 1:32am
What a great game last night!!!!! Bayern bitch-smacked Barca.... lol

but i do agree the refs were VERY subpar.... at least 3 handballs that shouldve been called... and a couple other fouls as well... but not all the fouls called, were really card-worthy....
oh well... cant change it now....
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 1:55pm
BVB 4-1 Real

hmmm wasnt really wanting to meet dortmund in the final...... but wow... all 4 from lewandowski!!!!!

götze is coming to the reds this summer, and NOW apparantly (its been rumored for weeks) lewandowski has also signed....

with rumors of matts hummels to bayern as well......

Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 12:51am
All german final on the cards, a few punters would be scratching their heads after the results of those two games
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 5:56am
found this on FB yesterday....

ronaldo-
Hey, you feel like watching the CL final?

messi-
yea sure, your house or mine?
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 8:37am
^^haha that's good stuff right there.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:20pm
^^ Classic!

Though I'm not writing off Real just yet... That away goal could be important next week, they only have to win 3-0 and they'll go through. Have to play a lot better than yesterday for sure.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 1:15pm
Well, Pool looking the goods without Suarez. Destroyed Newcastle last night. Yew!
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 2:24pm
Newcastle looked awful, like a bunch of guys that don't like being around each other. I also am not writing Real off because of the special one. That Wigan-Spurs game was a cracker at the end. Hopefully the Blues will take care of the swans tomorrow.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 3:26am
Gareth Bale became only the 3rd person ever to be voted PFA player of the year and young player of the year!! Such a great player to watch 
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 8:28am
Agree on this award but I wish that they wouldn't do double awards. If you win player of the year, the young player of the year should go to another player.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 2:09am

Agree on this award but I wish that they wouldn't do double awards. If you win player of the year, the young player of the year should go to another player.

An interesting take, if a player comes into any sport they may win rookie of the year award and the MVP. I think they should be able to win double awards, but it's the second time he's won the young player of the year award. I think once they've won it once they shouldn't be included anymore
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 4:38am
The difference between rookie of the year and the young player of the year is that rookies are first year pros and the young player of the year award goes to guys under a certain age. I think this is bales 7th year. Not even close to being a rookie. I like your point of if you win it once you shouldn't be able to win it again. I also hate that the awards are out and there are still games to play with the most crucial part of the season coming on. Isn't this the time where the best players should be shining and judging should really take place?
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 10:02pm
Yeah I've always questioned why they present the awards when the season still has games to play.

Madrid coming so close to snagging a champions league final berth!! Winning 2-0, scoring both goals in the last 10 mins at home to bring the agg to 3-4. 
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 12:27pm
Touchdown, Bayern!!!
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 2:33pm

Touchdown, Bayern!!!
was that ever a question.... ;-)
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 2:40pm
So Disappointed at Barca...  what the hell

btw: all you Bayern fans _ guess GER is World Cup or Bust.  And SPA or ITA or BRA better not beat you out of the 2014 Cup
Fear is the Mind Killer
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 11:26pm
A terrible showing by Barca, so happy to see an all German final though. Trademark goal by Robben. So obvious what he does but still no one can stop him
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 7:40am
Can't believe Fergie retired...happened quite suddenly. I don't understand it really. If United don't get Jose and go for Moyes, can't see them winning something for a few years. I hated fergie but he was a one of a kind manager...

Chelsea against the spuds tonight...come on you Blues!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 9:48pm
Chelsea will get Jose surely. Fergie must have wanted to go round one more time after getting pipped by City last season
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 1:37am
I don't think it's a case of Chelsea "getting" Jose, I think that's where he's wanted to be since he got the boot. I just can't see United wanting him either. I'll bet he wanted another crack at Fergie's United though.

What you get with Moyes is a manager that's kept Everton nudging at Euro place for years, with VERY little money to spend. So you put him in charge of side stacked with quality players...

Hard to imagine seeing a manager as successful Fergie ever again. He's the Kelly Slater of football managers, you kept thinking he's past it, then he'd just win another title (or 3...).

Sounds like Moyes will be named today, my dark horses are Klopp and Heynckes.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 8:43am
Moyes was confirmed today...for 6 years! What!?!? This sounds like another Pardew situation. Will see how long he lasts when they don't win anything next year or if Rooney leaves, in the next 3 years.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2013 at 2:17pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney will be sold this summer. It would be a show of power by Moyes to sell the player that bailed on him at Everton. In any case I think it's going to be a very interesting transfer period.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2013 at 2:20am
What an upset in the FA cup final, Wigan beating big timers Man City 1-0 by scoring in injury time. Wigan's first major trophy in their history and finishing off a disappointing year for City with no trophies and not even making it past the group stage of the champions league

Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2013 at 2:46pm

What an upset in the FA cup final, Wigan beating big timers Man City 1-0 by scoring in injury time. Wigan's first major trophy in their history and finishing off a disappointing year for City with no trophies and not even making it past the group stage of the champions league

Yep it was crazy. Not many people would have picked that result...

Looks like Mancini might get sacked too.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2013 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Migoo

Yep it was crazy. Not many people would have picked that result...

Looks like Mancini might get sacked too.

I'd say heads will roll after the season they've had, they pour so much money into that team that trophies are expected. When they can;t deliver someone has to be held responsible
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2013 at 1:47pm
Mancini sacked!!! I can't believe I'm gonna say this but he deserved to go, even with winning the title last year. With those players and that payroll, he had to go. You also have to look at the players who they brought in last year...all terrible. Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Maicon have all been awful buys. Also, getting rid of De Jong, Balotelli and Adam Johnson was poor business...I don't know if it was Mancini that orchestrated all of that but its pretty disastrous nonetheless.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2013 at 6:04pm

Mancini sacked!!! I can't believe I'm gonna say this but he deserved to go, even with winning the title last year. With those players and that payroll, he had to go. You also have to look at the players who they brought in last year...all terrible. Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Maicon have all been awful buys. Also, getting rid of De Jong, Balotelli and Adam Johnson was poor business...I don't know if it was Mancini that orchestrated all of that but its pretty disastrous nonetheless.

Yep, he deserved to go. I don't think his managerial skills won that title, it was just the sheer amount of cash/depth in the squad that got them accross the line. Plus let's not forget Man U gifted it to them.

Let a crazy summer transfer window begin...
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2013 at 10:08am
Mourinho out of Madrid by mutual consent. I guess it was always gonna be short term because how long can spaniards go taking orders from a Portuguese manager. Mou is the best there is and if he comes back to the chels it will be a happy day and the prem should be shaking at the site of the blues next season. I know casilllas, the mole, is having a huge party right now because he gets to play again.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 6:42pm
Can't agree with Mourinho being the best there is, I would give that belt to Fergie. That being said, I really hope he comes back to the EPL, for his personality and the way he deals with the media if nothing else. He's a great character for the game. Would be crazy if he brought Ronny with him...
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 5:46am
Well now he is the best there is since SAF has retired. If Ron comes, Blues to win the treble...maybe even quadruple.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 11:29am
Really?

Even if they get rid of Torres, you're telling me they win the quadruple with Demba Ba and Lukaku up front?
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 11:55am
Best there is Currently?  How can one argue with PEP's record.. Heck he's getting a really stacked BM team
Fear is the Mind Killer
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 12:04pm
yes better than pep...he made pep leave spain and take take hugely tough challenge of coaching a defending German champion, potential German cup winner and a potential Champions League winner...in a league where they have been by far the most dominant club since the team's creation. what a joke! Pep knew Mou would never go to Germany so he went there.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2013 at 7:05pm
I guess no one watched the CL final.......

or if they did....no on really cares....??????

FCB won, and won well deserved enough!

now lets get the triple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auf geht's Ihr Roten!!!!!!!!

(P.S. a little fun fact...... Bayern is the most valuable team in the world!!!!!!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>