Premier League Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 45678>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier League Thread
    Posted: May/30/2013 at 11:02am
It's not that no one watched or no one cares, it's just that no one likes Germans.  You should know that joe.

Bayern have been by far the best team in Europe this year.  The two games against Barca were beyond impressive.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 3:31pm
agreed...no ones likes Germans. i watched the final and it was entertaining...bayern were lucky to have 11 men on the pitch...Dante should have been sent off for a second yellow on the penalty and the game would have been completely different and ribery could have been given a red in the first for the elbow on lewandowski.

i did love watching them rip Barfa to shreds though...can watch that over and over again.

i think the right final would have been Real v Bayern. Dortmund were beyond lucky against Madrid but they were fun to watch. they put up a good fight while Gundogan was firing on all cylinders but when he ran out of gas, they faded.   
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2013 at 10:19pm
annnnnnddddd the treble!!!!!!Big smile

i must say, the DFB-Cup game yesterday was WAY more exciting than the champions league game last week!
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2013 at 3:14am
Originally posted by derbytownjoe

annnnnnddddd the treble!!!!!!Big smile

i must say, the DFB-Cup game yesterday was WAY more exciting than the champions league game last week!

Yep, it was pretty epic with those 2 late goals. Bayern deserve the season they've just had, they should have won the ucl last year too.
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2013 at 3:48am
watching the replay of the trophy presentation, and just realized the jerseys they had on last night said (instead of T-Home) T-riple.....HAHAHAHA
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 5:45am
Jose has officially come home...I'm calling the premiere league title next year will be won by Chelsea.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 1:43pm
The transfer season has begun with a bunch of moves already happening...

Tevez to Juve
Navas and Fernandinho to Man City
Schurlle to Chelsea
Neymar to Barfa
Isco to Real

I'm really hoping Paulinho to Tottenham is hijacked by Chelsea because he is too good a player to go play for the Spuds...

What are you hoping to see?
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 3:16pm
Hoping United buy a quality midfield player.  And if Rooney goes, another striker.

Would be cool to see Villa and Higuin in the Premier League.  Hope City buy Suarez because he is a scumbag and would fit right in there.

That Spain/Brazil game was really good.  I was surprised at how seriously they were taking it, especially Brazil.  They got after Spain, kicked them about a bit, pressed hard and totally outplayed them.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 3:10pm
Any chance Ronaldo actually goes to United?
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 5:52pm
I think he will eventually, not sure if it will be this summer though. If Fergie was still there he'd go now, but I suspect he might want to see how they perform under Moyes?
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 1:39pm
Chelsea signed van Ginkel who I have never heard of...and it looks like Jozy is going to Sunderland. interesting move since di Canio is kind of a psycho.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by milutinho

Chelsea signed van Ginkel who I have never heard of...and it looks like Jozy is going to Sunderland. interesting move since di Canio is kind of a psycho.

He's got serious potential, hopefully for Chelski fans he lives up to it. Di Canio was so good to watch at the end of last season, he wears his heart on his sleeve that's for sure...
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 10:38am
paulinho to Tottenham done deal
Abidal and Toulalan to Monaco
Mario Gomez to Fiorentina
looks like Cavani is going to PSG
also looks like athletico madrid stole David Villa from Tottenham

Chelsea pre-season started today and I can't wait for the season to start...hoping the Chels buy de Rossi

milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 7:06pm
Went to the good cup final today that the USA won. Pretty sweet. The quality sucked but the atmosphere was fun. A bunch of Mexican peeps supporting the USA which was surprising. I'm heading to the Chelsea inter game in Indy on Thursday. If anyone is going let me know.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 9:08am
125 million is the rumored price for Bale. That is crazy.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 2:34pm
thats a stupid amount for him...he's a very good player but i would rather have suarez for half that any day if i was real.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2013 at 7:27am
i dont know if you guys have seen this but its great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2013 at 3:07pm
^ Ha ha ha. Nice.

The money for Bale is crazy... If it's true that is. Hoping Pool can keep Suarez.
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2013 at 11:30pm
As a huge arsenal fan, I really want to see Suarez at Arsenal. Not a role model player obviously but arsenal need a trophy, SOON! My patience with Arsenal is running very thin after the chief exec. said they now have money to spend and rival the likes of city and chelsea yet haven't spent a penny yet. We shall see come sept 1st..
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2013 at 12:25pm
Rooney looks like he is trying to get out and head over to Chelsea. It is amazing to me that the players are switching to competing teams.  If I am Man U there is no way I let him go to Chelsea, I will take less to get him out of the league. Same with Sauzez
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2013 at 2:36pm

i dont know if you guys have seen this but its great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8

That video was awesome. I ran into it after hearing about Dempsey heading to the sounders and found that there was much more chatter about this video.  And after watching it, for good reason.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2013 at 9:03am
premier league started today...Liverpool lucky in the end to escape with a win and Arsenal getting worked by Villa...and the referee...hahaha
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 3:31pm
big game chels at united...good result for the boys in blue
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 8:04pm

big game chels at united...good result for the boys in blue

True, a good result for chelski. Both sides very average though on the day. Was hoping for a lot more from that game... Will Rooney go...
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 3:20pm
i wish he would go but it looks like he is staying. the CL draw came out today...Arsenal in the group of death, united in a toughish group and chels looks like smooth sailing...
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 8:28pm
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Man U and the Arse not get out of the group stage. Torres to Barca could be interesting, I'd back him to return to form if he heads back to Spain.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 6:18pm
Pretty good game this morning. Glad Bayern prevailed in the end. Chelski first goal was a classic counter with a top finish from Torres.

Lukaku's pen was woeful.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2013 at 7:19am
yea, it was a nice game...thought we stole it there in the end but that penalty was just terrible...to tell you the truth if it had to be someone that missed, i'm glad it was him. his head has gotten so big recently that its gotten annoying and i think jose will use this to push him a little bit and start listening to him.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2013 at 1:19am
Mmm fair call, I'd still prefer Torres in the side compared to him.

C'mon Pool tonight............ This may not end well... Word is Rooney is out though, head clash or something with Phil Jones at training, 10 stitches, may miss England qualifiers too.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2013 at 11:01am
united look like shite without rooney, that game was pretty poor to watch...the north london derby was a lot more tense than anything really...thought both games disappointed actually.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2013 at 1:44am
Yeah, not the greatest games.

So stoked to beat United though. I think Spurs are really going to struggle this season now Bale is gone. Ozil is a great signing for the Arse.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2013 at 1:34am
See the gash on Rooneys head... Gnarly.

Sounds like Ronaldo and co are a bit pissed that they sold Ozil. I wouldn't be too impressed either, could have just offloaded a couple of "lower" players instead.
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2013 at 3:29pm
I'm really happy Ozil is a Gunner now. Can't wait to see him on the pitch to see how he will perform in the Premier League!
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2013 at 3:19am
I think ozil will do really well there. Pitch is smaller and he's more technically gifted than 99.9% of the league. He also won't have to worry on defending like he had to with Jose.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2013 at 11:42am
just one of those miserable days for the boys in blue...Everton definitely didn't deserve it but they'll take the 3 points.
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2013 at 4:19pm
Ozil with an assist and Arsenal on top of the table. I can say, I'm a happy Gunner fan.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 9:17am
I've been bummed I haven't been able to watch much of Manchester City play on NBC. I saw their first game of the season. I can't seem to log on to the NBC extra either.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 1:56pm
I think the big question for Arsenal is how long this team can stay healthy. They're already down a few key players which will make it tough over a long season.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 2:24am
Real Madrid did it easy this morning. Well, the 2nd half anyway. It was a demolition. Man U looked pretty good too.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2013 at 6:17pm
Liverpool back to their old ways losing to teams they should beat.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2013 at 7:00am
good game this morning btw spuds and chels! spuds came out strong and fizzled away, save by the ref in the end with the sending off of torres...up the blues.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2013 at 6:09pm
Yeah, dodgy red card I think. Not much in that challenge to warrant a 2nd yellow.

Big slip ups by both Manchester sides, hoping Pool can regain ground tomorrow.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 5:55am
...Suarez is back as well. Love watching him play...something exciting always when he's around.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 12:59am

...Suarez is back as well. Love watching him play...something exciting always when he's around.

Back with a double too! Both tap ins though. Glad we took advantage of the Manchester losses.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 11:40am
another suarez special today...god i hate liverpool but i love suarez...
The.Best.Player.In.England.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 4:36pm
How he kept his eye on the ball while falling etc to calmly slot it in... He is GOOD. Jeez I hope we can keep him... In other words F Off Real he's ours...

Why would anyone hate the Pool???

How about City v Bayern? City were made to look like a 3rd division side.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 5:35pm
City have either looked like world beaters or like school boys and never anything in between.

Still not convinced with Liverpool as contenders...a better opponent would have taken advantage of some of those early chances palace missed.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2013 at 4:41am
I'm not really sure we're title contenders either. I think top 4 is realistic, I'd love to see Gerrard get another run in the UCL before he retires. Maybe Suarez will even stay if we qualify???
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2013 at 7:32am

man im missing the league this weekend...crazy qualifiers are always so unwanted when your country is no longer in the running.
Boarderin View Drop Down
Local
Local
Sella Nevea Italy 2012: I-FREE Finals - Italian Freeride Circuit

Quote Boarderin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2013 at 9:54am
There have been some really good matches so far in the qualifiers... just last Friday night there was a great couple underdog games like Austria-Sweden and Italy-Denmark. I was really rooting for Denmark to take the win as I liked the way they played and would enjoy watching them some more... 
Learn to snowboard. Cuz life's too short to waste it...                  Skiing!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>