5 and Out!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 and Out!
    Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 3:23pm
Post your favorite 5 and Out members here!

I'll start:

LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 5:15pm
Ooh, I have a few to dig up. 

SHING'S WALL OF SHAME.

2/14/2012

3/7/2012 [CT]

3/11/12

8/12/12
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 7:06pm
it's always in the same threads and around the same time too.  i called out shing02 before in one of the threads months back
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 7:31pm
When the point whores show up, post 5 garbage posts and then split - It's like showing up and dropping a giant turd on the forum.

They show up, take a dump and then leave.

It shows a lack of respect for the forum and website. And also a lack of respect for the forum members who actually care about this place and the other members.

Can you imagine how crappy this place would be if everyone was a point whore?

It would be hillarious and epic if right before the point hos reach 3000 points (or 1500) their account got suspended for spamming or not following the terms and conditions.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by DCC

it's always in the same threads and around the same time too.  i called out shing02 before in one of the threads months back

He has been called out a few times.  He doesn't seem to care. He never responds.

Either that or he never sees it when he is called out because he doesn't actually go through the forum and check out threads and posts.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 4:57am
^ My guess is he doesn't read any posts, he just picks his 5 favorite threads, writes his 5-7 word message, posts it x 5 and logs out.  Probably true for all of the 5 and outs.  

I like your analogy comparing a 5 and out as that person taking a big dump in the forum and leaving.  Very accurate.  The 5 and outs really don't care about keeping the flow of conversation going in the threads, they just want their 5 points and they are done.  Damn point w-h-o-r-e-s.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 5:11am
No pictures for mine, but I remember snow4life/east4life.

Also there was Aos with the "Guinness" post every single day in the beer thread
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 5:56am
Yeah well, it is what it is.  I'm always impressed by the people who get a free coupon and then just never ever come back -- it takes a lot of stamina to rack up 3000 points for a "free" binding coupon over two years!  I don't know if I've ever worked that hard for something with a potential value of $200.00.  Where you at kel?

-b
get bent
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 6:14am
Originally posted by chillwill

When the point whores show up, post 5 garbage posts and then split - It's like showing up and dropping a giant turd on the forum.

They show up, take a dump and then leave.

It shows a lack of respect for the forum and website. And also a lack of respect for the forum members who actually care about this place and the other members.

Can you imagine how crappy this place would be if everyone was a point whore?

It would be hillarious and epic if right before the point hos reach 3000 points (or 1500) their account got suspended for spamming or not following the terms and conditions.

maybe he is a bull? this is the boardroom is for daily BS isn't it? Anyways I don't think it's cool to shame people for trying to work the system.  I am a part of a lot of different forums, lots of them are fun while being informative.  But TruSnow is a lot different, here there are a lot of people who police everything people say, I have seen spam worth posts that don't get spammed, maybe friends of who ever decides posts are spam? I'm not sure. Have a good day. 
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 6:16am
I don't really care?  i mean its whatever.  I game American Airlines and hotels.com for free shit, people do the same here.  

At the same time, it drive traffic and I'm sure some of the ads/gear/vendors are impressed by the totals, probably helps their purchasing terms (except with Never Summer)

-zakk

NickinChicago View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 6:29am
Originally posted by zakk

I don't really care?  i mean its whatever.  I game American Airlines and hotels.com for free shit, people do the same here.  

At the same time, it drive traffic and I'm sure some of the ads/gear/vendors are impressed by the totals, probably helps their purchasing terms (except with Never Summer)

Care to share how you are getting free shit from AA and Hotels.com? Anyway I can rack up miles faster I'm game.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 6:58am
Originally posted by NickinChicago

Care to share how you are getting free shit from AA and Hotels.com? Anyway I can rack up miles faster I'm game.

by not buying the Mountain Collective Pass and making sure everyone knows the EPIC pass is more betterest.  
-zakk

getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 7:32am
they mostly seem to stick to the daily randomness, gas prices, or other junk threads, which i don't read, so it doesn't actually bother me much.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 8:04am
I do love your guy's MS paint skills calling these people out LOL  Especially Shooey's T-rex
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 8:19am
I have to admit that sometimes I'm not on the forums for a long time. When I have the ability to, I spew on as many topics as long as I actually have something worthwhile to say.  I think I generally give decent responses and contribute positively to the forums, but sometimes work gets really busy and I can only post during my lunch or in between meetings/clients. However, I don't consider myself a point hussy and have never been called one (to my knowledge). But yeah, 5 posts in 6 minutes? Maybe the dude's on some ADHD meds or something else. "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" RIP Rick James.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 8:49am
so is the record 4 minutes by shing02? or has someone beat him
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by julius77

I have to admit that sometimes I'm not on the forums for a long time. When I have the ability to, I spew on as many topics as long as I actually have something worthwhile to say.  I think I generally give decent responses and contribute positively to the forums, but sometimes work gets really busy and I can only post during my lunch or in between meetings/clients. However, I don't consider myself a point hussy and have never been called one (to my knowledge). But yeah, 5 posts in 6 minutes? Maybe the dude's on some ADHD meds or something else. "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" RIP Rick James.

Same here, but I'm only bothered by people who post one word especially lolz or something else really lame.   Eitherway, we are gonna have to suffer the spam until those people lose their post privileges.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by julius77

Same here, but I'm only bothered by people who post one word especially lolz or something else really lame.   Eitherway, we are gonna have to suffer the spam until those people lose their post privileges.  

or they take away the free gear coupon
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 10:31am
i don't have the mspaint skills to do it..but maybe somebody can do JoeRocket1212's log?
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by lightning80

i don't have the mspaint skills to do it..but maybe somebody can do JoeRocket1212's log?
I'm not a pro mspainter either, but here's my attempt and contribution, this thread needs to be stickied

kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 10:44am
i dont think they should get rid of the free gear coupon, but just do something so you dont get as many points or any points from posting, but still get points say from purchasing stuff
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 11:25am

by not buying the Mountain Collective Pass and making sure everyone knows the EPIC pass is more betterest.  

Hey thanks for proving you actually are a douche. It is sad the new people in the past couple years have really sent this site into the crapper.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 11:40am

Hey thanks for proving you actually are a douche. It is sad the new people in the past couple years have really sent this site into the crapper.

yes, me not telling you how you can pad your rewards accounts has sent this site completely into the crapper.  Not the inventory, not the always broken search, not the fake reviews.  It was me.  

Hopefully the Taliban beheads me for being the TruSnow infidel that I am.  ALLAHU ULLR AKBAR!
-zakk

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 11:45am
And I absolutely *LOVE* that I'm one of the "new people"  and he has a sign-up date earlier than me of all of 7 months.  lotta history there!  Never mind I've been a customer of Sierra/tri-City since forever.  

-zakk

Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 11:56am

And I absolutely *LOVE* that I'm one of the "new people"  and he has a sign-up date earlier than me of all of 7 months.  lotta history there!  Never mind I've been a customer of Sierra/tri-City since forever.  

Oh look at that you aren't as new as others. So just the douche part I guess. 
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by kyle521

i dont think they should get rid of the free gear coupon, but just do something so you dont get as many points or any points from posting, but still get points say from purchasing stuff

For sure!!!!  I think they should incentivize purchases more.  I mean the 3 pts per $10 spent is really really low!!!  If they have all kinds of inventory lying around to be able to GIVE AWAY 4 boards per week, you'd think they'd make it more lucrative for the consumer to help get that stuff off their hands. Ya know what I'm sayin?

EDIT:  Whoops sorry to thread jack, that wasn't on purpose.  I'll start my own thread on this topic, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow since I'm already at my 5 post limit for today.  Peace out!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by hana24

I do love your guy's MS paint skills calling these people out LOL  Especially Shooey's T-rex

First t-rex drawing evar. Thumbs Up
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 12:05pm
@rob: It actually did used to be quite a bit higher, I think it was 1 point per dollar(can't say for sure, but it was definitely higher), but there were all kinds of shop accounts buying their cheap gear and reselling it and getting massive amounts of points for it so they ended up reducing it.

I don't think that's an issue now that the prices are the same as everywhere else though and they don't put stuff on sale earlier than any other places. Still doubt they will change it though
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by LittleShooey

next one can you do a stegosaurus?  i think the spiked tail is really awesome.  
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 12:15pm
I can make that happen. 
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 12:24pm

you guys should do an MS Paint art show to showcase your exquisite work

Updated weekly!
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 12:27pm

you guys should do an MS Paint art show to showcase your exquisite work

i have no MS paint skillz, so I have to ask those that do to make the dinosaurs i want to see Confused
-zakk

ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 2:30pm
this thread is hysterical! :) 1/5
m00m
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 2:40pm
Damn you ippy!! *waves fist towards the sky*
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 2:41pm
damn man! i just went for the record. I finished my 5 posts but it took me like EIGHT MINUTES. Im so far off the world record pace :( 
m00m
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by ippollite

damn man! i just went for the record. I finished my 5 posts but it took me like EIGHT MINUTES. Im so far off the world record pace :( 

You don't have the same training and spamming experience as the 5 and out club. They've been at it for months if not years. It takes a special kind of person to do 5 posts in 4 minutes. A kind I don't think you wanna be LOL
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by RastaRider

@rob: It actually did used to be quite a bit higher, I think it was 1 point per dollar(can't say for sure, but it was definitely higher), but there were all kinds of shop accounts buying their cheap gear and reselling it and getting massive amounts of points for it so they ended up reducing it.

I'm pretty sure it actually increased, not decreased.  Almost positive it used to be 1 point per $10.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Sintexo

I'm pretty sure it actually increased, not decreased.  Almost positive it used to be 1 point per $10.

No way. I have 467 pts from purchase, not a chance I spent 4670$ on this site. And i specifically remember littleoleme talked about the whole shop issue and the reason they had to change the pts per dollar. The only thing I'm not 100% on is the ratio it used to be.

Edit: 

Ok so i just added up my old purchases and my memory may be worse than I previously thought.

Even if it was 3:10 the whole time I shoulda been up to 687 pts from purchase, so you must be right. It had to have been lower than it is now. Definitely wasn't any higher
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 3:16pm
Anyone else care to chime in on the discussion? haha.  I only have 287, and almost all of my purchases came from a while back, and if the ratio was more than 1:10 I'm fairly certain I'd have a lot more.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Sintexo

Anyone else care to chime in on the discussion? haha.  I only have 287, and almost all of my purchases came from a while back, and if the ratio was more than 1:10 I'm fairly certain I'd have a lot more.

Yea my bad my memory must really be slipping, you are right. I edited my previous post, but it definitely had to have been lower than 3:10 for a while and was never better than that. I coulda swore they had to change something because of the shop accounts, but it obviously wasnt the pts system, and it definitely was never even close to 1:1 ratio.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 3:21pm
I think what you were talking about had to do with the discount being applied to that current year's gear.  Because people were buying stuff in bulk at 15-18% off, then selling it for closer to MSRP.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 3:29pm
Ahh yup, that had to have been it. Thanks for clearing that up Confused
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 3:40pm
It did used to be 1 point per 10 bucks. But that was the second version of the points system. Before i joined they had a system where you got 1 point per dollar and i think you could properly spam the forums for points (i dont think you had a restriction of 5 posts like now). 
m00m
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 5:29pm
They also use to have it 1 point for every post and I don't think there was a limit on review points.
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 5:47pm
It should be like 1 point for every 2 dollars spent
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 7:08pm
OMG what a crazy thread! (My timer starts...NOW! Thank goodness I can type fast!)

5 and out in THREE MINUTES!!! boooooYAH!   
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by mommehK

OMG what a crazy thread! (My timer starts...NOW! Thank goodness I can type fast!)

5 and out in THREE MINUTES!!! boooooYAH!   

I am totally playing this game tomorrow LOL

Updated weekly!
JoeRocket1212 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 9:34am

Originally posted by lightning80

I'm not a pro mspainter either, but here's my attempt and contribution, this thread needs to be stickied

LOL, aww man...  called out...  aitte, yea, sometimes i post five, and bounce...  but i think the quality of my posts are relavent.  like angrymidget said, i don't like it when people post 3 worded responses...  but if your post is relavent, and on topic, and contributing to the forum, i don't see the reason to hate on someone for posting five and coming back the next day to continue conversation.  What, you want me to stay on the forum ALL day?!  you cray.  get a life.  i think coming back once a day is already proof that you are a contributor to a forum.  i read people's posts...  and i talk about the subject at hand.  if you gonna hate on me for the, keep on hating.  haters gotta hate, and playas gotta play...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 9:43am
^ Haha honestly I never even noticed you as a 5 and out until he pointed it out. I just wanted to try my hand at mspaint Smile

You definitely aren't on the level of worthlessness like snowboardinrox and shing.
thrilla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote thrilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 1:13pm

I don't know about AA and Hotels.com but I've got a method for Hilton Honors. PM me. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>