5 and Out!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 and Out!
    Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 2:12pm
isnt Snowboardinrox357 spamming or are those technically legit posts? he got his 5 in like under 10 minutes again. look at him go.
return2heaven View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 2:53pm
5 and out isn't bad when people actually say something interesting or funny.  For instance, the last example (joerocket) you guys put up, his posts are really not bad at all. 

it's posts like this that get annoying

Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

Why do my shoelaces keep on getting untied?

RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by BoxStomper

isnt Snowboardinrox357 spamming or are those technically legit posts? he got his 5 in like under 10 minutes again. look at him go.
For real, wish they would mark 30 of his posts as spam(there's plenty to choose from) and be done with it. Better yet wait for him to get closer to 1500 pts, waste more of his time, then mark them and make him realize what a tool he is.

Originally posted by return2heaven

5 and out isn't bad when people actually say something interesting or funny.  For instance, the last example (joerocket) you guys put up, his posts are really not bad at all. 

Totally agree, like I said before I didn't even realize he was a 5 and out guy because his posts aren't complete garbage. I just wanted to showcase my mspaint skills with bronco colors after he pointed it out LOL
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 3:30pm
Truth is forum spam isnt something im personally gonna police all that hard. In general its standard forum moderation rules for me:

No necroing without a good reason.
No spamming (as an extreme... not just writing banal crap, im not the "interesting" police).
Post in the right forum section.
Dont crap peoples sale threads.
Ummm... what else? 
Something about the funny pictures thread i guess. Though i kinda leave that to other people :) 

Basically if its in the board room the policy should be a little easier going. Spamming ask other riders, or regional with boardroom bullshit is a bit of a no-no. But thats about it i think.  

As for 5 and out. Well, you know... its a pain, but so long as you stay relatively on topic and stick with the bullshit threads (of which there are several), and you keep coming back to this site (and who knows, maybe even a couple of years down the line have a decent discount from your spamming and arent actually the same broke 18 year old when you started this mission, you might actually decide to buy something here because of those points), then no harm. 

Circumstances and people change. And we arent all dumb enough to think that the points programme is an act of pure benevolence. It gives traffic, traffic creates hits, hits create listings when people are looking for their next big purchase, and so the virtuous cycle continues. 

However, to keep my chi in balance, spammers gaming the system... keep your shit in the appropriate receptacle (theres about twenty threads off the top of my head that require almost zero thought and arent an extended conversation that might actually be worth reading). Leave the actual threads with an interesting conversation the hell alone unless you actually are following the conversation (and not just reading the thread title).  

I dunno, its not that big a deal. Now reviews on the other hand. I hate those bastards. :) 

It should be noted though that im hippy mod. And dont really speak for the less hippy mods out there :) DTJ, were he still around would spam the shtook out of anyone withouta second thought. Theres no actual site moderation policy so if you get spammed, suck it up. :) 
m00m
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 4:00pm
I'm going to give the 5 and Out a try tomorrow and see if I can set a record...
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 4:06pm
You can do it C, we're all behind you!  Just make sure to make all your posts completely useless and incredibly short and you'll be good to goLOL
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 4:15pm
^damn, I just got 3 in 10.  I'm never going to break any records with that perfomance.

to add to ippollite's above post though, some people might be new to forums and not know the etiquette.  The sierra forums were the first I had participated in.  The more I have, the more I feel a part of the community.  I didn't realize how unwelcoming people could be to newbs until I joined and auto fourm recently and felt like the needle scratched across the record when I walked into the bar.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 4:26pm
^ I have given it extensive thought and have a plan.  I have studied snowboardinrox357 and shing02 for months analyzing their skillful manner in posting 5 useless messages and leaving.  My goal is 5 posts in 5 minutes and log off immediately.  If I execute my plan precisely I can do it...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 5:31pm
best of luck to you my sir, It takes skill to speak that quickly out of your butthole. "May God guide you in your quest" Michael Scott
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 5:59pm
i think i can get these posted in under 5 minutes... 

"my foot itches" - random thread
"why does my foot itch?" - ultimate question thread
"im tired of my foot itching" - tired of rant thread
"what if my foot itches forever?" - hypothetical question thread
"yes" - does a stomp pad make my foot itch thread

okok the last one doesn't exist but would any of you be surprised if it did? Confused
thrilla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote thrilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by ctoma

^ I have given it extensive thought and have a plan. I have studied snowboardinrox357 and shing02 for months analyzing their skillful manner in posting 5 useless messages and leaving. My goal is 5 posts in 5 minutes and log off immediately. If I execute my plan precisely I can do it...

One of those posts should be "lol".
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 3:28am
return2heaven... you stole my thunder.  I had a similar plan so I combined yours and mine to come up with the new world record posted below:

Beat that, snowboardinrox357 and shing02!!!!
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 4:00am
This thread reminds me of the issues with pieces of flair at Chotchkie's in "Office Space."  5 posts is the minimum, and that's okay.  But Brian has 37 posts per day, and a great smile.    
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 5:07am
@ctoma - amazing thread

My favorite member definitely isn't a 5 and outer.  He takes it to a new level.  5 and out means you have to post in 5 different threads.  Who wants that?  Isn't it easier to post in like 3 or 4 in the morning and then come back at night to post in the same threads and top off your 5 points.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you solocreep.  Always in the same sports, food, and randomness thread. 

I bet that 5th point was bugging him all day yesterday until he came back and got it :)
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 6:37am

^ I have given it extensive thought and have a plan.  I have studied snowboardinrox357 and shing02 for months analyzing their skillful manner in posting 5 useless messages and leaving.  My goal is 5 posts in 5 minutes and log off immediately.  If I execute my plan precisely I can do it...

Do it I am also practicing my ms paint skills. hope Im the first to post a doodled over screen cap of your endeavor.

I am late as always, thats what I get for reading each posts and not just going to the last post and then posting a reply.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 6:43am
Welp, here's my try at the record ... Ready GO!
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 6:46am
YEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 6:52am

return2heaven... you stole my thunder.  I had a similar plan so I combined yours and mine to come up with the new world record posted below:

Wow, Ctoma you are a true master.  I bow at your feet.
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 7:12am
Holy hell...

you had to have had all the windows open already to pull that off. 
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 7:26am
wow ctoma, you're the michael phelps of 5 and out posting lol...

@robnezz, your posts made too much sense and weren't in the style of snowboardinrox nonsense.
therefore your 5 and out time has been DQ'd Cry
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 7:36am
Originally posted by robnezz23

YEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!

A great time considering you posted meaningful replies.

Originally posted by LittleShooey

Holy hell...

you had to have had all the windows open already to pull that off. 

Welllll, I'm not the kiss & tell type... but wth, yes, you are very close: I had multiple tabs open.  Timing is critical because if you hit Post Reply too soon after posting a reply in a different thread the forum will reject the 2nd reply (I don't remember the exact wording, something to do with spam).

Originally posted by return2heaven

wow ctoma, you're the michael phelps of 5 and out posting lol...

@robnezz, your posts made too much sense and weren't in the style of snowboardinrox nonsense.
therefore your 5 and out time has been DQ'd Cry

Thank you, thank you very much.  

Good point about robnezz's posts, he put too much thought into them.  Still, an outstanding time considering he did not post meaningless bullshit.

I'm surprised no one pointed out the biggest flaw in my execution of the plan, I am still logged in... I didn't do a true 5 and Out.
JoeRocket1212 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 8:01am
LOL, really?  they have a limitation of how fast you can post in between posts?  that is awesome.  ok, this thread started pretty damn funny.  and i appreciate the defense from some in here that my posts aren't crap.

and i think ippollite put it right...  i'm a hippie minded individual as well, and people do change.  i think the addition about the hits being created is a HUGE help to trusnow's website.  never thought of that, and kinda sneaky.  but whatever works!
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 8:01am
We need a 5 and out challenge...

People should paypal a couple bucks (2 ro 3) to a trusted forum member.  They can hold the pot and then whoever can do 5 and out in the shortest amount of time in the next week collects the pot.

Sure it would spam the forums, but aren't they a mess already.
sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 8:13am
this thread is epic     ctoma you rule
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 8:22am

A great time considering you posted meaningful replies.

But yours were in the correct relevant thread, insightful and hilarious. Don't shy away from your greatness, it was the work of a genius... with an apparent ear infection. 
Its not fun unless its sketchy
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 9:06am
i think the person with the fastest internet would win
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 9:19am
okay ct, if I had known the 5 & out needed to be that worthless, I probably could've made mine under a minute instead of 3 minutes. You, my dear, suck.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 10:02am

ctoma is my new hero...wow!

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 11:16am

Wow, Ctoma you are a true master.  I bow at your feet.
I wish we had a trophy to give him or somethingLOL  I knew ctoma would be quick, but damn son!  I think the only way to beat that is have 5 devices that you're logged into at the same time, pre-type the posts, then hit post reply simultaneously. 
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 11:33am
And at 5 am nonetheless, which makes it even more impressive that his brain was turned on enough to get em posted that quick!
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 11:33am
I vote for ctoma as trout-doors president!  He gets stuff done!
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 11:44am
Okay, now you guys are embarrassing me...

Embarrassed
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 12:08pm
^No it's you that's embarrassing....the competitionLOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 12:52pm
haha, this thread turned into "lets just praise CT", which is toatlly valid considering his 59 second time. What a champ!
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 2:02pm
5 open browser tabs, click them all at the same time. instant record?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by getkong

That was my train of thought. LOL
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 2:14pm

Originally posted by getkong

That was my train of thought. LOL

Gotta take into account what ctoma said though, if you do them too quickly, you'll get a spam error and it won't actually post.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 2:29pm

DISQUALIFIED!!! On the following grounds.

You cannot be a post hussy if youre spending time prepping you posts. Also, in order to LEGITIMATELY qualify for the spam world record you must act in a manner that attempts to flout the spam flag. These 5 posts would not only encourage flags against your account, but are so utterly heinous, id probably be hunting through your reviews to look for other stuff to flag you for. :) 

For my money, robnezz is certainly in the lead at the moment :) 

ETA: This adjudication is open to appeal of course. 
m00m
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 3:39pm
i just stumbled on this thread... ClapClapClap most i've laughed on TruSnow for at least a year now.  this is good stuff.  

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 5:04pm
Ippy -- I'm calling bogus on robnezz's time!!! I type over 80+ wpm and there's no way those posts could've been typed, posted, and the next post typed & posted in that short of an amount of time...I'm calling multi-window cheat!

Okay new rules apply -- must utilize single-window posting, clicking through to the next topic like normal! I did it in about 3 minutes doing it fairly...who can top that??!!!! BRING IT!!!

Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Sintexo

Gotta take into account what ctoma said though, if you do them too quickly, you'll get a spam error and it won't actually post.

I thought that was a double click/double post prevention thing, it helps block spam too? 
E: I'm catching up on posts, just found CT's response. 

Originally posted by 360faceplant

Isn't it easier to post in like 3 or 4 in the morning and then come back at night to post in the same threads and top off your 5 points.

To be fair, I think 80% of my out of season posts are in the Randomness thread. It's kinda my facebook since I gave up facebook. :)
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 7:52pm
there is a complete lack of stegosauri in this thread
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by zakk

I had to get this one in before midnight so I could get all my points... Hey Shing is almost online! t-minus 20 minutes. 

VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 6:27am

I had to get this one in before midnight so I could get all my points... Hey Shing is almost online! t-minus 20 minutes. 

You are an excellent MS Painter.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 6:39am
Seriously, that is amazing Shooey!  And Zakk, excellent usage of the plural form of stegosaurus!  I commend you for your bookworminess.  Now back to business as usual...

MommehK you're right, I cheated  Embarrassed
3 minutes doing it the "fair" way is going to be hard to beat.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 7:10am
Originally posted by mommehK

Okay new rules apply -- must utilize single-window posting, clicking through to the next topic like normal! I did it in about 3 minutes doing it fairly...who can top that??!!!! BRING IT!!!
Challenge accepted!!! Just hope I don't get blacklisted on this forum.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 7:10am
Originally posted by VermontRider

holy sh*t!  That is an awesome MS Paint drawing...I'm just blown away with how good the painting is LOL

Can you draw a velociraptor next?
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 7:17am

LittleShooey, you complete me.  Heart

-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 7:38am

Shooey, you complete me.  Heart

Seriously, that is amazing Shooey!  And Zakk, excellent usage of the plural form of stegosaurus!  I commend you for your bookworminess.  Now back to business as usual...

Originally posted by VermontRider

Originally posted by hana24

holy sh*t!  That is an awesome MS Paint drawing...I'm just blown away with how good the painting is LOL

Can you draw a velociraptor next?

THANK YOU! And yes. 

I think it's kind of funny that we're turning the tables on this thread, but I'm glad that it can be a kind of venting outlet. Plus the 5P 'ho contest is pretty funny. 
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 8:34am
ZOMG shooey with the stego WIN!!!!   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>