Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2345>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Online Status: Offline
  Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 and Out!
    Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 5:25am
Originally posted by ippollite

boo! how can i make gossip and internet drama if i cant cause mischief? :( 
But yeah, long overdue in truth. I also heard a rumor from someone that something might be happening about something i cant talk about because its not been decided. I heard this second hand. but it undoes a key statement i may or may not have made a few months ago.  And were it to come to pass the site will be a crap load better off for it. 

ETA: i figured out how you read it! I should probably start another thread on the bug, but no one ever uses it anymore anyways, so er... no foul I guess :p 

Awwww, I think I was too late for the unedited good truth, Clap

-b
get bent
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 5:31am
Yes! The mighty return of 5 AND Out!  I've been wondering what happened to this forum? Go get those one sentence, no idea, point hussy grabbin' fools.... or at least make fun of them for a laugh or two. Smile
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by ippollite

boo! how can i make gossip and internet drama if i cant cause mischief? :( 
But yeah, long overdue in truth. I also heard a rumor from someone that something might be happening about something i cant talk about because its not been decided. I heard this second hand. but it undoes a key statement i may or may not have made a few months ago.  And were it to come to pass the site will be a crap load better off for it. 

ETA: i figured out how you read it! I should probably start another thread on the bug, but no one ever uses it anymore anyways, so er... no foul I guess :p 

No one ever uses what?  Is there a report bug thread?  Cuz I can't seem to add the ZF1s to my gear, which is a little annoying. haha

Ipps, you can probably get quite a number of supporters in a public forum with the voting mechanism?  But I guess your current method is more respectful since it's more direct.

EDIT (as per derby): I will share my secret (not so secret anymore) method with all of you... so you want to know how to read a post you can't normally read by just clicking it in the forum page?  ***DELETED***  Figure it out on your own. Tongue

Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 1:05pm
hehe, its not really a voting issue. :) Its a throw back from when they made international expert members. There were the expert members who were the real mods (along with staff). They had a couple of waves of those. Then came the expansion of the business to international markets and they wanted people on chat who might be online to help folks out at that time. Thus we werent so much "expert members" since what the hell do i know? but more international ambassadors. Unfortunately they didnt have a title for that so we were listed as expert members. But we didnt get the power to lock, delete, merge and other moderation stuff. Which was fine because lots of the mods and staff were around. Only now theyre not and id rather just move threads or delete spam and generally take care of the forums without having to make anyone feel like im putting them in the naughty corner by telling them to stop posting in the wrong section etc. 

As for the no one ever uses it comment, that refers to the section it was posted in (the expert members feedback). And as for the bug... yeah it is a bug, you shouldnt be able to read it because its supposed to be confidential. :P 
m00m
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 2:19pm
I thought they chose Expert Members based on community involvement and knowledge and I assumed all y'all already had the powers.  I don't see why they wouldn't give you moderation abilities, you already do so on a daily basis, it would just make your "job" faster and easier.  

Or maybe every time you come across something that needs to be done, you can just PM derby to do it, hahaha!
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 2:31pm
Hehe, its not really a petition dude. You weren't really supposed to know about it, its something they need to fix is all so I can do what they need me to do :) as for dtj, he's as useless as me, we have to annoy gsrrr when we need something proper done.

m00m
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 2:56pm
Ok my bad, next time I snoop, I won't broadcast it. Smile

Just to get this thread back on topic:  (that's right, all mouse baby! haha, except for the text of course)

LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by fj5

I just finished reading through page 3... first, Shooey, you use a wacom tablet?  Madd skillz so sick with it!

HP TM2T notebook. It's bitchin'
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by fj5

I thought they chose Expert Members based on community involvement and knowledge and I assumed all y'all already had the powers.  I don't see why they wouldn't give you moderation abilities, you already do so on a daily basis, it would just make your "job" faster and easier.  

Or maybe every time you come across something that needs to be done, you can just PM derby to do it, hahaha!

hahaha me and ipps are both in the same boat......

we still have to get gsrr or MT or dlaw to do stuff for us.....

oh and on another note.... being that its a bug.... could you kindly edit your above post to remove that bit o info...... Wink
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 1:03am
Originally posted by derbytownjoe

Originally posted by fj5

hahaha me and ipps are both in the same boat......

we still have to get gsrr or MT or dlaw to do stuff for us.....

oh and on another note.... being that its a bug.... could you kindly edit your above post to remove that bit o info...... Wink

You mean delete how I figured it out?  If so, just did it!  Sorry guys!  Let me know if you mean something else.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 1:19am
spank you!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 11:24pm
She's chugging through these, but I don't like where the majority of her points are coming from:  http://www.trusnow.com/profile_points.asp?PF=357773

More specifically: http://www.trusnow.com/profile_reviews.asp?PF=357773&view=brandreviews

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 11:38pm
hahaha nice paint pic!!!!

like i said in the other thread.... its on the radar!
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by fj5

She's chugging through these, but I don't like where the majority of her points are coming from:  http://www.trusnow.com/profile_points.asp?PF=357773

More specifically: http://www.trusnow.com/profile_reviews.asp?PF=357773&view=brandreviews

Holy Toledo Batman!  261 Brand Reviews!! Shocked

Well she can kiss those 1300 points goodbye. LOL

Back to square 1 for her.

Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 4:38am
Here is a new addition to the 5 And Out! Hal of Fame:  http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=4550
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 5:44am
Aw man, there's a way to read the expert members posts and I missed it? haha

Always felt left out every time I saw an expert member's only thread, after clicking on it and getting the "GTFO" message.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Sintexo

Always felt left out every time I saw an expert member's only thread, after clicking on it and getting the "GTFO" message.
I was looking at the same thread the other day when it came up twice!
Both times got rejected ><
Thought it was my inet connection but turned out i just didn't get access... what's the msg??
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

Originally posted by Sintexo

I was looking at the same thread the other day when it came up twice!
Both times got rejected ><
Thought it was my inet connection but turned out i just didn't get access... what's the msg??

the msg is its nunya...... ;-)
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by fj5

how is it possible that this person got 1399 pts in less than 2 days?
isn't there a 3 review per day limit?
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 3:14pm
its an exploit. I cant really explain how its an exploit. (Nor why its an even more annoying exploit than it seems), because people who dont know about it already might think "awesome! free point exploit!" and er, exploit it :)  
m00m
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 3:41pm
the first rule of exploit is we dont talk about exploit. :) 

(i may have routinely broken this rule :p). 
m00m
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 5:54pm
I guess that makes sense.

-b
get bent
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 8:26pm
to be honest, not only do i never want to rummage around in brand reviews again but i dont reallywant to flag people whom i consider to have chanced it when the xploit fist happened. 
I was even reluctant to flag little snow4life yesterday even though his name kept cropping up in he weirdest places. I still popped a few of his reviews though just because :) Sorry little grom dude. 

The situation is a tad hypocritical for me in a few ways, but mainly because if the shoe was on the other foot, i found a loophole that gained me a tonne of points really quickly and it was all under the radar (it doesnt crop up in a newsfeed, and the only a youll find out about it is if you go to the brand page itself and bother to hunt through them), id have about 1800 points from a bunch of bullshit spam reviews. Idalso have a nice pair of goggles or bindings :) 

So i get why people do it, and i kinda feel bad flagging people for doing exactly what i may well have also done (if i wasnt so lazy). 

The absolute fairest thing to do would be to simply remove the brand reviews and remove all points/flags associated with them. I think the coding might be a bit much, so for the most part, unless specifically directed im leaving most of the reviews that were made last year alone. Anyone of course exploiting it after this comment will get flagged. The rationale is really because we've stated its an exploit and asked people not to do it. 

If you dont think we have let me state the following.

We know its an exploit. Please do not use the exploit since doing so will result in flags against your account and/or a banning/lock-out from the points system. 

(the banning bit is maybe a bit of a lie, i dunno if you can be banned for it in truth. We all know I cant ban you, but im sure some people have been banned for it in the past so best to be sure :)). 

Also this doesnt mean brand reviews are completely out of line. But if your profile shows 50+ reviews, i hope theyre all brilliantly informative because unless you work in a shop and know your gear inside out, chances are youll be getting hit. Just listing the site provided phrases in the brand reviews and adding nothing else is almost guaranteed to warrant a flag.  

There we go. Hope thats now put to bed. Brand reviews are kind of out of bounds unless you plan on writing a decent amount on them. Obviously case by case. But if i see your name in a lotof crap reviews, im probably going to chase after every one of them. :) 
m00m
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 4:54am
Hey FJ5 or CTOMA could you give HAIV143 the special 5 And Out! Honors with the Graphics? They are a have become a 5 And out All Star and deserve the honor!!!
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 4:56am
....pardon my typo in my previous post, how shameful of me. Shocked

Hey FJ5 or CTOMA could you give HAIV143 the special 5 And Out! Honors with the Graphics? They have become a 5 And out All Star and deserve all of the honor!!!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Oinker

....pardon my typo in my previous post, how shameful of me. Shocked

Hey FJ5 or CTOMA could you give HAIV143 the special 5 And Out! Honors with the Graphics? They have become a 5 And out All Star and deserve all of the honor!!!

I just checked his profile, some posts are pretty close but not THAT close, and he posts more than 5 a day, doesn't that automatically disqualify him from 5 and out?

http://www.trusnow.com/profile_posts.asp?pf=4550

Also, Oinker, there's an "EDIT POST" option under Post Options... I use that all the time for my typos. Smile
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 10:24am
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 10:50am
i enjoy all the drawings that ppl are putting time into doing on top of the 5&outs Clap
return2heaven View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 11:06am
Originally posted by ctoma

i must say, those are some truly worthless posts and those threads are pure nonsense also
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 11:12am
Wait, I thought CT was our undisputed champ.  He worked really hard to get to the top, now some no name is claiming his throne.  I call bullshitBig smile  My man CT is the hardest working man in 5n'out-biz.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 11:59am
Originally posted by lightning80

i enjoy all the drawings that ppl are putting time into doing on top of the 5&outs Clap

I know right?  I really liked the dinosaur one, the pink dino was just so cute.  LOL  I wished my MS paint skills were uber.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 1:41pm
What amazes me is that even though they're being called out on it, there is still no effort to improve... ok maybe they're spacing it out a bit better in terms of time but the same 5 threads!?  Daily?  Seriously?  At least vary it up a little bit.  Thumbs Down
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 5:58pm
this really is hilarious! these people probably havent even looked at this thread because its out of the norm for them lol... They stick to randomness, gas prices, funny pictures, what are you tired of, stuff like that lol
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by ctoma

Now that finals are up I should get back into this. Oh and 5PW's are totally aware of this thread. Most of them are thmart enough to not out themselves in plain sight. Most of them. 

Originally posted by fj5

What amazes me is that even though they're being called out on it, there is still no effort to improve... ok maybe they're spacing it out a bit better in terms of time but the same 5 threads!?  Daily?  Seriously?  At least vary it up a little bit.  Thumbs Down
My favorites break it up and come in twice a day. A little more under the radar, still the same crap.  WE CAN SEE YOU! 

*Damn litterbugs*
sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2012 at 3:18am
ctoma this thread is hilarious, well done.   i need me some pointz
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 8:27pm

Feels good, man. 
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2012 at 12:26am
Here's one back from dormancy... an up and comer... a true points go-getter...

I wonder if he really wants to buy/sell anything.  It's not a good sign when you have to resort to gas prices.

EDIT:  He's almost there!!!  2 separate consecutive posts in the Recent Purchase thread.

EDIT AGAIN:

DatePost
12/22/2012 2:29:36 AMMine is slow too, but I'm just patient with it and its all good.
12/22/2012 1:55:46 AMI'm gonna work. I am away working for a month in Australia, wishing I could get back to the snow.
12/22/2012 1:50:04 AMI received my free pair of goggles, without any issues. I received the code & made my purchase & they shipped them pretty quick. You may be having delays, because of the Christmas season & they are most likely busy. If you sent the email, they will get back to you. I have never heard of TruSnow ripping people off.   
12/22/2012 1:44:33 AMJust wondering how much snow the hill your riding has received so far this winter.Mtn Name:Mtn Location:Alpine Depth: 
12/22/2012 1:40:12 AMAre the jackets still for sale?Could you PM me some pics please?
12/21/2012 2:26:18 AMRash Gaurd while on a recent trip to Hawaii
12/21/2012 2:17:09 AMEaston EQ50 skates for my son. Got them on Black Friday deal. $100(not too bad for a $500 skate)
12/21/2012 1:54:02 AM$1.53 AUD per litre in Dalby QLD Australia=  $1.64 USD per litre = $6.21 USD per Gal
12/21/2012 1:29:04 AMWho knows we may be headed for a polar swap. This could cause climate changes at both poles
12/20/2012 1:59:44 AMI think that I had a couple of reviews that were flagged  quite a while back, but they were legit reviews of the products that I had, one was about a pair of Burton leather gore gloves (Black) that bled onto my white jacket, anyway I believe I had some spelling mistakes in the review & was unfairly flagged. I think the reviews need to be looked at closely before being flagged.  What do you think?
12/20/2012 1:47:26 AMAre they still for sale? Any Pics? 
12/20/2012 1:40:34 AMAre you going to price drop again? I'm tempted to switch over to Apple. I'm geting tired of the windows BS.
12/20/2012 1:31:36 AMLooks like a cosmetic blemish. I wouldn't worry about the performance of the board at all. Buy it if the price is right for you.
12/20/2012 1:22:10 AM15x15 Plastic tarp - shelter & posible to collect dew for drinking water five gallon jug of water - to drinkRope - tie the tarp down & various things mirror - signal aircraft & boats crate with a week of food rations - to eat
12/19/2012 2:46:14 AMLooking for womens Size 8 snowboard boots. Prefer Burton Mint, but just trying to see whats out there. Hit me up if you have some for sale

jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2012 at 7:59am
LOL that looks so cute little shoeey
are you using a tablet or magic pad that uses a pen/stylus to make the drawings?
its pretty damn good.

*shit i smell gas.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 9:42am
Time to resurrect this thread since we have a serious contender for the coveted title of... (* drumroll, please *)...

5 and Out Champion (this contender is making a serious bid for the championship)

Where's LittleShooey?  Need to add some dinos pooping on this guy...
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 9:55am
I was wondering when this thread was going to get revived.

I've been seeing a couple new 5 and out members over the past few weeks.

1 minute 51 seconds?!  That's amazing....... amazingly bad.
fostpaint View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote fostpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 9:58am
I was actually just looking for this thread for the very same user. How... interesting. 

If I wasn't so busy planning my kid's cub scout meeting I'd totally MSPaint all over that image. 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 10:16am
^ I know the feeling... between my kids' flag football practices & games, drum lessons and baseball (yeah, we've been practicing indoors since January) it's hard to find time to be creative.  Luckily for me it's a slow work day.  I definitely do not have Shooey's talent but here's my submission:

sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 10:40am
whew Jmokim ~ thats going to be one tough time to beat.   Sub 2 minutes &  5 wonderful posts.  I smell a coupon code coming rapidly hoss
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 10:42am
Glad to see the MS paint and dinosaurs drawings are back!  So kawaii~  LOL  This thread would be nothing with it.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 6:22pm
ct that is one fine pooping dino there my friend!! LOLZ
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 9:49pm
Lovely drawing ctoma, its hands a bit out or proportion thou. haha. LOL
If only Queensland had snow...
fostpaint View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote fostpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 5:05pm
SO many threads I would just nuke if it was within my power. (Not that it matters - the cockroaches are likely just going to crawl out after the fallout and begin again)
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 5:35pm
That Dinosaur belongs on a T-Shirt.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 9:54am
Angry dino having an explosive crap on beachbum's 5 and out behavior:

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 9:58am
ctoma, you my friend are getting almost as good as shooey with the MSPaint skillz..... lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>