Apple Iphone 5

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple Iphone 5
    Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 6:03am
Originally posted by LarsGenius

i heard the 5 has minor improvements over the 4s and isn't worth upgrading.

i have a samsung phone that doesn't connect to gps without alot of effort.
sprint won't fix it and samsung doesn't have a patch.

i'm switching to apple and will be getting a 4s.

which samsung are you talking about? It might be a defective unit, I have a galaxy nexus, and gps is awesome.  If u get a 4s with ios6, well we all know how brilliant their new map is.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by benjiradio

I went from the 4 to the new 5.  I was shocked at the battery loss compared to the 4.  I switched to the S3 on day 14.  The S3 was just as bad for battery life.  
I just bought a 4 again and am so happy to be done with that debacle.  The battery must be at least 3X to 4X better on the 4 compared to the 4s, 5, and S3.

Really?! That's kind of strange in terms of battery life. I thought that the new iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy SIII should have better batter life. So it seems like the old iPhone 4 has a longer battery life.
benjiradio View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote benjiradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 2:57pm
I went from the 4 to the new 5.  I was shocked at the battery loss compared to the 4.  I switched to the S3 on day 14.  The S3 was just as bad for battery life.  

I just bought a 4 again and am so happy to be done with that debacle.  The battery must be at least 3X to 4X better on the 4 compared to the 4s, 5, and S3.

LarsGenius View Drop Down
Local
Local
Light It Up

Quote LarsGenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 1:21pm
i heard the 5 has minor improvements over the 4s and isn't worth upgrading.

i have a samsung phone that doesn't connect to gps without alot of effort.
sprint won't fix it and samsung doesn't have a patch.

i'm switching to apple and will be getting a 4s.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 12:06am
The panorama is not bad but you can just download a free app like photosynth which makes great panoramas
jacquet View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jacquet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 10:51am
-pooky

like gifted said check page 3

Im coming from a regular phone before the upgrade so even if the 4s was amazingly blazingly almost as good as the 5, it would not matter one bit.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 8:27am
Originally posted by krisshono

I love that everyone says "we'll I heard" haha hilarious.. Stop basing your opinions on yahoo news. "I heard it scratches easily" guess what every phone will get scratched if you abuse it..

How about this video? unboxing of a scratched iphone5? It has been a reported problem with many of the tech blog sites.

giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 7:35am
read page 3 of this very thread. the iphone 5 is the fastest phone in the US market. the iphone 4 is not. Hardly a minimal upgrade.
itzpookiie View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote itzpookiie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 7:14am
@jacquet
But how much more advanced is the iphone 5 compared to the iphone 4?
MtMansfield View Drop Down
Local
Local
up at holiday valley

Quote MtMansfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 7:07pm
Is it even worth to get this early in it release? I have the 4 now and my contract is up in February, but I can easily take someone in my family's upgrade. I just hate how they kick you off the "grandfathered" in unlimited plan that I'm on now.
jacquet View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jacquet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 5:57pm
Like many people have already said, it truly truly does not matter one bit in the scheme of things which cell phone one uses.

Tho I just got the Iphone5 and it seems advanced years beyond the GS3.

To the OP- can you make this thread a poll between the two products
chasiuiro View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chasiuiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 12:40pm
Most of the people I know that got an iphone 5 just bought it and shipped it back to china to earn 50% of what they paid. I heard sometimes they can earn double the amount for a phone....
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 8:03am
Originally posted by djmaya

Originally posted by kikko

enjoying the iPhone 5 very much (coming from 1st gen motorola droid). it's incredibly light and extremely fast. Can't say that i miss my droid phone at all

Really? You are comparing a phone from almost 4 years ago to a phone that came out last week? Did you even look at the new android phones that came out in the last few months?

Sorry to say this but it is idiotic to compare things like that.

no it's actually more idiotic to bitch and moan and criticize people for their preferences.
i could give a rats ass about other phones, i like what i like and really, who is anybody to tell me otherwise? don't assume i didn't checkout any of the new droid phones, i did and none were very appealing to me... i said i switched and i liked the iPhone over my old ass droid phone... BFD?? im not allowed to have any kind of opinion on 2 products that i own? seriously, don't let your hate make you retarded.

one thing i have noticed since i got my iphone is that droid users have tons of shit to say about iPhones and the people that use them, meanwhile iPhone users couldn't care less about anything droid.
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 7:29am
I was going to get the iphone 5 but like you said, its with minimal upgrades, so I got a iphone 4 with a contract for $0.
itzpookiie View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote itzpookiie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 5:40am
Why people keep buying the same product over and over with minimal upgrades
I have no idea
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 10:54pm
Basically the only option to the 5 is the Galaxy SIII and everyone I know so far that has gone galaxy before has regretted it eventually mainly due to battery life
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by amottola

if you have the iphone 4s there is really no point in spending all the money to get the 5 it is the same thing, you can have all the same features on the 4s only thing that is different is the screen sizes and the amount of apps per page

Ikr? The only difference between the iphone 4s and the iPhone 5 is that the new phone has a longer screen, it's a little bit lighter, and faster internet connection.
amottola View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote amottola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:00pm
if you have the iphone 4s there is really no point in spending all the money to get the 5 it is the same thing, you can have all the same features on the 4s only thing that is different is the screen sizes and the amount of apps per page
bluepolkadot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bluepolkadot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 6:49pm
anyone get that new razer?
CLoSeR View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CLoSeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 6:35pm
I switched to Android lastweek after having various iPhones the past 4 or so years. Now running a Samsung Galaxy SIII Quad Core 2GB RAM LTE Version, just released here in Australia. Believe it's more or less identical to the Korean Version.
10 Sierra Crew | 10 Rome Crail | 10 Union Sierra Contact SL | 10 Nitro Reverb TLS Boots
jamers99 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote jamers99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 12:21pm
Apple is getting what droid has already provided for years. If you know anything about technology, it's that droid has way more capabilities. Apple's phone is dumbed down to basics.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 12:00pm
Waiting for my 5 in the mail, not entirely happy with the upgrades but don't really care that much. Updated my 4 to the new OS and I like the new maps system so far
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 10:18am
I want it because everyone else wants it so i must want it i don't know why but i needz me one.... NOW!!!
djmaya View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote djmaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 6:40am

enjoying the iPhone 5 very much (coming from 1st gen motorola droid). it's incredibly light and extremely fast. Can't say that i miss my droid phone at all

Really? You are comparing a phone from almost 4 years ago to a phone that came out last week? Did you even look at the new android phones that came out in the last few months?

Sorry to say this but it is idiotic to compare things like that.
2012 Vapor 162W - 2010 CO2 EST - 2010 Hail
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just before descending into the Waipio Valley Hawai'i

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 6:08am
I received my iPhone 5 last week, seems good.  Not too different from the 4s.  PIA to get chargers and cases still... kind of annoying.

Headed to Manhattan for work tomorrow morning, i plan on scouring every apple store and ATT i can find to hunt down chargers.
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 5:58am
I love that everyone says "we'll I heard" haha hilarious.. Stop basing your opinions on yahoo news. "I heard it scratches easily" guess what every phone will get scratched if you abuse it..
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 4:53am
Originally posted by shinji

Originally posted by grapeape2669

Have they taken care of the wireless issues in iOS6 yet?  I still have another month on my contract, and I don't want to update until things have been ironed out.  Also not really looking forward to losing google maps.  How are they coming on a standalone app? .

I read it there are plenty of issues with the phone design... first, the aluminum scratches easily, there's problem with the WIFI as well as BlueTooth (compatibility issues with the iOS6), camera lens issue (pictures come out a little bit purple-ish because of the glass material). It appears to me that Apple cannot get their acts together after Jobs was gone. Confused
I love how people seem to think that Steve Jobs singlehandedly built all of Apple's products.  Oddly enough, he didn't.  He wasn't a mad scientist working out of his basement.  He was the CEO of a giant company and that company has had great ideas.  And even though the ideas have been great, they all had some glitches.  People are just expecting perfection now, whereas when the first iPhone came out, they were just in shock.  I just wanted to know if they were working through some of the glitches as they normally do.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by shinji

Originally posted by <span id=userPro1204430 =msgSidePro title=View Drop Down>grapeape2669</span>

Have they taken care of the wireless issues in iOS6 yet?  I still have
another month on my contract, and I don't want to update until things
have been ironed out.  Also not really looking forward to losing google
maps.  How are they coming on a standalone app?

I read it there are plenty of issues with the phone design... first, the aluminum scratches easily, there's problem with the WIFI as well as BlueTooth (compatibility issues with the iOS6), camera lens issue (pictures come out a little bit purple-ish because of the glass material). It appears to me that Apple cannot get their acts together after Jobs was gone. Confused

Yeah, I agree. Even though they have made some minor updates to the iPhone 5, there still behind compared to other smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy 3. Steve Jobs was an awesome person. Without him, Apple hasn't been able to innovate their products. :(
shinji View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote shinji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 8:30am

Have they taken care of the wireless issues in iOS6 yet?  I still have another month on my contract, and I don't want to update until things have been ironed out.  Also not really looking forward to losing google maps.  How are they coming on a standalone app? .

Mountain Creek, Camelback, Windham, Hunter, Stratton, Mount Snow, Okemo, Killington, Stowe, Mont Tremblant, Aspen, Snowmass, Buttermilk, Aspen Highland, Whistler/Blackcomb
shinji View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote shinji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 8:27am
I have two sisters, and one of them upgraded to the iPhone 5 while the other one went for the Galaxy S3. (I'm an Android fan, Galaxy S2 Smile) After playing around with both phones, I still choose Android over iPhone. I guess it's because I'm used to the Android interface, and I don't see anything exceptional from the iPhone 5.
Mountain Creek, Camelback, Windham, Hunter, Stratton, Mount Snow, Okemo, Killington, Stowe, Mont Tremblant, Aspen, Snowmass, Buttermilk, Aspen Highland, Whistler/Blackcomb
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 3:58am
Have they taken care of the wireless issues in iOS6 yet?  I still have another month on my contract, and I don't want to update until things have been ironed out.  Also not really looking forward to losing google maps.  How are they coming on a standalone app?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:41pm
I still have to wait for my 2-year contract with my carrier to end before I can buy the iPhone 5 or any new phone in general.
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 6:15am
I finally got my iphone5 it's awesome no problems at all.. No complaints I'm not an apple snob or anything, but just had good luck with my iPhone4 for 2 years.. So that's why I went with the new iphone
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MathiasM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 1:56pm
Im just waiting for a windows 8 phone
Boardingon22s View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Boardingon22s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 4:10am
how is the new ios 6? waiting to d/l it so to jailbreak it.
chasiuiro View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chasiuiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 10:06pm
i've got lots of friends who've gotten it.. all i can say is that it's light. that's it LOL. i am definitely getting the s3
bluepolkadot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bluepolkadot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 7:38pm
that girl pretty much sums up the entire population buying the new "apple 5"
ridethepowpow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ridethepowpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 7:30pm
I pre-ordered mine, but I won't get it for another week! I will tell you how it works out though. I am pretty excited!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 7:04pm

A lot of people have probably already seen this, but it belongs here.  This girl is amazing:

So this girl just waits for the iPhone 5 for no reason? That's interesting.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 3:36am
A lot of people have probably already seen this, but it belongs here.  This girl is amazing:

scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 9:31am
^^^ personally if you are doing a hard reset on your phone in the first month thats bullsh*t. there is no reason that should happen......They are far to dumb to jail break a phone they are just those ppl that have a boner over having the new stuff. And well they also have the money to do it. It was just everyday use and it wen ton the fritz. Apple walked them through a hard reset, and well they walked the phone to its death
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 8:31am
Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

Originally posted by scuddera

My 2 buddies already had to hard reset theirs which made them die. oh Apple..still making quality products....

What happened that made them have to reset their phones? Were they trying to jailbreak it or something?

yeah not sure what this means....i've hard reset my phone once so far, no issues...
my images won't show up dammit
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 9:30pm

I've heard great things about the iphone 5 coming from those who switched from another (non-iphone) phone. But those who made the switch from the 4s to the 5 were pretty disappointed. Makes sense to me!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by scuddera

My 2 buddies already had to hard reset theirs which made them die. oh Apple..still making quality products....

What happened that made them have to reset their phones? Were they trying to jailbreak it or something?
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 11:31am
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 10:54am
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 10:13am
i like the panorama, agreed that nothing else about the phone is exceptionally spectacular, but i just like having the latest gadgets.....plus being able to sell my 4s to more than cover what i paid for the 5 helps too Big smile
my images won't show up dammit
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Mandiiella

dope panarama but thats about it.... n o hey if you have the 4s just upgrade that ish u got it allWink
I dont even like the panarama. You have to slide/pan the camera along a line. Id rather have the app that stitches multiple pictures for you.Dead
Mandiiella View Drop Down
Local
Local
rr

Quote Mandiiella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 6:09am
dope panarama but thats about it.... n o hey if you have the 4s just upgrade that ish u got it allWink
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 6:03am
How nice is it of Tim Cook to appologize for the misstep his company made. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>