Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 10111213>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Online Status: Offline
  Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 Captain's Log (AKA Rider's Log)
    Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 7:48pm
Day 33 -- it's that time of year in the Tahoe backcountry.  Took the top off my wrangler this a.m.

Spring!

-b
get bent
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2013 at 1:12pm
And . . . Day 34.  Another day in paradise with a couple runs back by Incline Lake Peak with some tele-skiier friends.  Time to buckle down for British Columbia next weekend.  Stoked

-b
get bent
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 2:41am
Once again the season here in MI came and went too soon.  There's still a few areas open, but most are at least 4 hours from me (won't stop me from at least one more day on the snow).   Not looking forward to 9 months off, especially after I learned a new trick at the Hood Lab.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar_1xtIDadw&list=UUCYG2QfBb5-141sSBqdHBnQ&index=1  if inserting the link to the the post didn't work (as it doesn't usually for me).
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 3:12am
^ snowj720 - where have you been?

I went to Caberfae last weekend, MikeD (from GR) met me there and showed me where all the secret pow stashes are.  Had a great time riding with MikeD.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 3:03pm
Been slacking. Actually just haven't had much time online this winter. plus i think the wife was annoyed by my online time.
Been working too much, taking care of critters, and trying to squeeze in a little boarding. Got the white gold pass and barely used it. It's been a bummer season for me. Didn't make Bo or Cab or a few others I wanted to hit. I did get a couple good days in at the highlands, a day a the Mt., just hit Nubs a week ago (right before the 18" storm), surprised myself by hitting a nice sized booter at Pine Knob. Might do schuss or boyne this Friday and whatever's open after that. I wanna find the secret stash at cab next season.
Didja have a good season C? I shoulda had you out to the Hood Lab, but we didn't even use it enough which sucks because the new setup is much nicer than the old.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 3:10pm
Day 9! WHAT?
 who would have thought I would make this many days.
Again today went out to Blue with the TdotO crew. Spring like conditions, snow was soft, didn't hurt too badly when I fell..lol but I did still hear some cracks and smacks. Either I'm breaking in my board more or something FLux bindings maybe? i'm able to nose and tail press a lot betta IF I went another day more.. I'd probably get in a nose/tail block hahah maybe..
Shout out to FJ5 thanks for waiting and to Lux for the Flux.  Apparently I've progressed quite a bit which is great to hear =D. quite the bitter sweet ending 
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 4:39pm
I can definitely echo what jhoang6 is saying, today was a great end to a great season! You were hopping around bending and buttering that stiff Nitro board today man; and no prob, glad you liked using the Flux DS30 Smile. Warm slushy conditions but great riding today and solid progress throughout the year for us all. I've had 25 days this season and I am definitely calling it a done deal.

Since my board is out for warranty, I borrowed a buddy's K2 WWW and Union Force. It wasn't even broken in yet (still stiff like off the shelf) so I did it for him lol! He told me not to mess it up, which means this is the first and last time he'll ever lend it to me hahah... Two-handed tail block!

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 6:28pm
day 80 in the sun surrounded by doom clouds. took a couple east laps and then did two quick hikes with dylan for some mellow runs.  there were maybe 2-3 new inches since they were last open on monday, so not really pow runs, but they were smooth and felt great.

couple random clips from the two runs, with dylan eating shit as the opener.  he was claiming front 3 mute, but....

view from the top

a dude I know, hah

mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 2:37pm
Spencer on day 80?!!? Holy cow that's unheard of, unless you're a professional boarder!

I just hit day 25 today! I just want to get to day 35 and beat my last season! I wish I had more time and no school or anything..
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 2:57pm
When I graduated highschool I hit 103 days. Now I hope for 20+ days.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 3:22pm
I know lots of people around the world who ride that much and more, you just have to be close to a charilift and have the right work schedule, hah.

day 81 today, rode my slash again.  such a ripper.  went fast, turned left and right, swung from some trees.. good times.
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 6:07pm
Day 13: flew solo. snow was super sticky mountain was super flat board was slow needs a wax. they are clearly in keep it alive mode right now. every little extra hump of snow has been pushed flat. there was very little fun features, at one point i was actually bored... might have to spend some time in the park... which im really not sure about. I had plans to go friday, saturday, sunday but im not so sure now. if i wake up in time ill go... if not im not going to sweat it. 
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by woodhomie1996

When I graduated highschool I hit 103 days. Now I hope for 20+ days.

OMG wtf. So you pretty much boarded every other day? Damn, that's the life. I hit 35 days on my first year of graduate school...trying to do it again on my 2nd year. Need 11 more days!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 3:19pm
day 82, juice wagon.  5" new heavy snow, fairly wet out, fun day.  filmed with max and his friends which I will mash together later.

brian borrowed my slash ATV.  I told him it's a beast that likes to be manhandled, and jokingly said it would throw him into a tree on our upcoming run... totally called it, as that's exactly what happened.

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 8:47pm
vid and screenshots.  nothing else to do with the footage..

brian

max learned backflips

julian

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 7:16am
i like the fact that the music ended right as he landed the last jump
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 8:45am
Originally posted by shwazy

i like the fact that the music ended right as he landed the last jump

That was awesome footage! Man, those backflips were sickkk. And listening to that song, I can't help but think about the last scene in the movie Step Brothers haha.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
bwen View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 4:08am
Wow at some of the pictures in this post! I'm definitely not at that skill level but here's a video I threw together, still new to snowboarding I guess (ex-skiier) and first time to Canada :)

Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 2:34pm
Day 35, we brought the spring conditions from Tahoe to British Columbia with us!  My wife and I shredded Whitewater today, it is bitchin, with a ton of gnar terrain within reach.  But it's not a pow day, and we rode soft sunny stuff all day.  Even though I spent a good half hour hosing the immense amount of bugs off our board (and drinking beer outside our VRBO rental) when we got here yesterday afternoon, the pow boards did not come with us to the hill today.  (I rode my sierra bluebird and erin was on her feelgood, both good choices for conditions). 
Nelson

Taking the splitters tomorrow, on our way out to explore Nelson and get some food right now.  Everyone here is acting like it's the middle of summer, I guess they've been waiting for the sun for a while.

-b
get bent
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 2:58pm
^
Hope you get a few dumps while you are there!
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 4:29pm
Thanks Shwazy but not likely, if there's any precipitation at this point I think it will be rain.  Day 36 today, again with Erin at WH20 ski hill.  It's really a great place.  We took the splitters and did a sidecountry lap that got us way up above everything, and from up there it's easy to see how unbelievable the west Kootenays are and how they can have so many bc operations out there.  Fun resort/sidecountry day on the splitboards (never took off my trucker hat or even thought about putting on a jacket), and the WH20 bar/food scene was awesome for lunch both days.  Heading out to baldface tomorrow, I'm hoping they have some secret stashes up their sleeves but we'll see . . . .

-b
get bent
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 5:31am
Originally posted by mluu003

OMG wtf. So you pretty much boarded every other day? Damn, that's the life. I hit 35 days on my first year of graduate school...trying to do it again on my 2nd year. Need 11 more days!

Pretty much, I started the season early at Killington in November and ended it at Killington in late April
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 5:04pm
85, juice wagon.  2-3 inches overnight but got up a little late.  fun soft day.

haden, japan with a cut off arm

sam, backflip

haden coming out of a millerflip

AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 2:56pm
Went up to the mountain today for day 14... didnt go so well got to the mountain to find it was on wind hold all day long... Thumbs Down Place was a ghost town... stopped by loon on the way back to find them on windhold as well...Censored Didnt even bother to stop at waterville valley... Looks like im ending the season on lucky number 14 next week... that is if im not in to bad of shape from saturday night... 
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 8:38pm
86, parka.  sunny, warm, fast (mostly) and slushy.  ideal spring day.  super fun.

haden

Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 4:47am
Days 37, 38 and 39 at Baldface with Erin, which was a lot of fun.  It was their last tour of the year, and they only filled two cats about half way (7 in each car).  The operation was preparing for an off-the-hook end-of-the season staff party on Saturday and everyone was incredibly stoked for that, and it felt like there were probably twice as many staffers there as guests.  They also brought in matt the alien, who is a DJ out of squamish, and he hung with the guests for the tour and even set up and did a set (for a total of appx 16 people) the night before we heli'd out.  

But before that a couple pics from Days 35 and 36 at Whitewater that I couldn't download until I got back:

Erin passing her beacon check in the lodge:
Erin WH20
And touring above Wh2O:

Erin WH2O tour

This is honestly just a short splitter tour from the top of one of the lifts.  All of this excellent terrain (AND MUCH MORE!) that you can see is easily accessible by hiking out of sidecountry gates.  And I missed it while we were there, but apparently you can get single-lift ride tickets for $15 or something and just ride the chair once and then lap this stuff.  It was full-on spring slushiness while we were there, but would be some of the best riding I've ever seen when conditions are on.  And from what I hear about the west kootenay's, it is usually on all winter long.  

-b
get bent
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 5:33am
So the first night at Baldface we heli'd in from Nelson with what turned out to be the crew we rode with all week: the founder and management team from Dragon, and they were a great chill group that was stoked the entire time and completely perfect for us to mesh with.  When we landed it turned out the group leaving was an all-girls crew of Burton pros (whoa) and reps that Donna Carpenter put up for a tour and it was amazing to see them, if only briefly.  That was ironic because Erin was the only girl in our entire group.  (Super-romantic setup for our 10th anniversary trip, I know).  

Anyway, that night we partied in the lodge, had a great dinner and got to know everyone.  In retrospect, meeting a bunch of people from different places, with various stories but who all have a passion for snowboarding (there were a couple skiiers) was probably the best part of the trip.  Other than internet forums I guess I just don't have time to do that enough.  

I also got my first access to the tech room:

Baldface tech room

I'm not sure if it's always like this but when I said I wanted to check out some decks the guides just pointed at the room and gave me free access to everything.  And they have an awesome arsenal of wonderful boards, all kinds of tuning equipment (except I don't think the edge tool has ever been used at that place . . . . ) and plenty of burton and c3 bindings.  I ended up spending a lot of time in there.  Since there was going to be extra room in our cat I grabbed a juice box 57 and jamie lynn for the next day.  And there was a pile of still-wrapped, 2014 boards that the Burton girls apparently left so Erin got to tear into next-year's Day Trader (nice to see they're finally putting out a quality women's freeride/pow deck again):

erin Day Trader 2

Although the owner (JP) let me open that one the rest of the pile was removed from the room shortly thereafter.  

In the morning our guides (Mark and Graham, both awsm) gave us a remedial BC safety course and we got out of there pretty quick.  Conditions the first day were spongy, warm spring with what we thought was going to be rain coming in.  The snow was isothermic and sticky under a hard deck, but I can't tell you the level.  Apparently when you ride cat you party in the ride for a while, then get out and ride whatever you're directed toward, and then get back in and do it again.  It was hard to get an appreciation for where exactly we were at any given time.  

I seriously thought this would be the best day.  Here's a gps/google earth from that day to give you an ideal of the terrain we were riding.  

Baldface Day 1

The dragon guys were a lot of fun and of course we were "product testing" for them in short order:

dragon crew

But I felt like I had to use my aframes for a few runs regardless:

Juice Wagon

I have very few riding shots at all, but we did have a photog with a dslr (and actual skills) the last day so hopefully he got some goodies.  Here's Erin getting mad wicked on the day trader:

Day Trader Baldface

And then when we got back to the bar it was snowing up high, which amazingly led to two consecutive powder days to end our trip.  I'll post the rest when I get a minute.  

-b
get bent
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 8:02am
Sounds like an awesome 10-yr celebration, esp since you got pow to end the trip. That's the best gift of all! Can't wait for the rest of the pics...
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 8:37am
Sounds like a great trip Bryman! Awesome pics! I'd love to hear more about your trip if you can meet up this weekend!!!
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 9:03am
Bryman: stoked you had Mark and Graham, they are rad dudes for sure!
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 10:21am
So on the second day, it was actually puking outside, which was a pleasant surprise.

snow crew

It was heavy snow, but it was good up high and we were all stoked about it.  I upgraded to 163 Juice Wagon and it was a great day all around.  Like scorer said (and I didn't put it together that they were the same guides until I saw your post) our guides were unbelievably cool and did a great job showing us the goods.  Apparently they were not concerned about saving anything since we were the last crew out there and hey let us tear up the entire place. It got sticky at the hard deck but we lapped the high stuff.  

That night Matt the Alien gave us an intimate dj set, he was fun to party with but we never got to ride together.  Hopefully I can look him up in whistler some day.  

It continued snowing hard all night and the last day we woke up to an unbelievable pow day.  Finally got to ride our real pow decks and erin was on her FishLTD and I got out the hovercraft for only the second time this year.  Apparently we left the windows open on our original cat (I blame that on the homies) and it was filled with snow so they set up another for us:

Last cat outta here!

They flew in the Canada Burton rep, a guy named Jeff, to tend bar at the party and he spent the day riding with us, another great addition to the group.  JP and one of the homey's showed up in a sled and took 4 or five pow runs with us too, that was cool.  It was still sticky and wet under the hard deck but great up high, if there are any glamour shots from the photo guy I'll share them on here at some point.  Here's one I took from the top near the supernatural course:

supernatural features

Not much else to say except great trip.  I don't know if I'm technically a cat skiier -- splitting is probably more up my alley -- but Baldface is a wonderful operation geared toward snowboarders.  It was unique to have guides on boards, and our entire cat was on boards, and the terrain has a "snowboard" feel to it with bumps and jumps and rollers and easy runouts that I think probably separates Baldface as an entity.  Plus the connection they have with board companies and riders, and snowboard history, is cool.  Anyway, back to work

-b

get bent
fostpaint View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote fostpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 10:48am
Awesome posts, Bry. Looks like a hell of a trip. I'd love to have a snowboarding wife I could convince to take anniversary trips like this with. We always seem to end up drinking cocktails on the beach in some tropical paradise instead. (Not that those vacations are *bad* mind you)
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 10:57am
super radical
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 3:45pm
cool.  Did you drop off any of those ultra natural jumps? ( or where they even gnarlier in person?)
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 3:50pm
everything is gnarlier in person, especially when it comes to natural terrain oriented stuff.  true justice has never been done for any snowboarding via photo or video, unfortunately
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 5:34pm
True.  Nonetheless, i TOTALLY would have done it, except it was strictly prohibido.  Wink

-b
get bent
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 8:57pm
Nice!! 
I'm super jealous! PNW was warm and slushy every day I was out there. 
Stevens Pass was awesome though! Lots of Sidecountry potential....
Because it was so warm there were lots of slides on most south facing non controlled faces. 
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 7:19am
Day 37 this weekend at Mammoth. Haven't hit park so it was awesome to lap it with friends and enjoy the nice spring conditions. Here's a solo top to bottom run. I got to try out a couple of new tricks so pretty stoked to get back out there this weekend. 

Its not fun unless its sketchy
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 5:54am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

Thanks Shwazy but not likely, if there's any precipitation at this point I think it will be rain.  Day 36 today, again with Erin at WH20 ski hill.  It's really a great place.  We took the splitters and did a sidecountry lap that got us way up above everything, and from up there it's easy to see how unbelievable the west Kootenays are and how they can have so many bc operations out there.  Fun resort/sidecountry day on the splitboards (never took off my trucker hat or even thought about putting on a jacket), and the WH20 bar/food scene was awesome for lunch both days.  Heading out to baldface tomorrow, I'm hoping they have some secret stashes up their sleeves but we'll see . . . .

-b
Looks like that snow came after all ! :)
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 12:21pm
^^^ Thanks shwazy, the good vibes did it for us!  I just completed a solo mission at Mt. Rose for Day 40, on my custom v-rocker.  (I think this is next year's rock board, considering a custom 160 FV or some other AMF for my new "everyday" board . . . )  Corned up real nice, but was super windy and when I went into the lodge to get a chili and a beer, apparently they put the lift on wind hold.  So only got in 5-6 runs, now I'm watching golf!

-b
get bent
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 2:35pm
day 87.  reported 11" new snow since the last day they were open.. we had blower pow in the morning and spring laps by afternoon.  fun day.

dylan rode haden's 195 nitro swallowtail.  it looked like it charged easy and carved like wild.

screenshot and a sequence

Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 5:08pm
^don't think we've seen so many bluebird days from you as you've posted this year

anyway, why doesn't that peak in the background of the first pic have any tracks on it?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 5:38pm
we've had less sunny days this year than average, I'd say, but yeah we've had a handful this past month

the part in the shadow is almost straight up and down and that cornice is enormous. super short run before it bottoms out though, not really something people ride.  you either traverse underneath, or get up on the ridge and cross over that.  either way, further to the left is where it starts to get ridden
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 7:22am
I would like to ride that huge board on a pow day, that looks like a lot of fun.  bad ass

-b
get bent
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 4:25pm
88, parka. bluebird, slushy, and slush cup was today.  not as long as last year, but they had a 5 foot drop off a little lip into the 130ft long pond, so there were some pretty awesome crashes.  I filmed it all and am going to put together another highlight video later.

dylan didn't make it across, but he sure looked good.  shaved his hair into a mullet and got rid of everything but the stache

here is the video from last year

AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 5:37pm
day 14: last day of the season for me...  flew solo again, great day! It was on and off snowing all day, The top of the mountain was hard pack/ice no slush there. got down towards the middle and it turned into slush great fun in the slush! Super smooth and had fun popping off the side hits into the creamy stuff. Im actually upset theyre calling it quits so early... they were 100% open, and had great coverage and the base was at least a foot deep, and no poop stains anywhere... they could have easily gotten it another 2 weeks... but they decided to quit... such a shame.... heres to a great season of progression!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2013 at 2:35am
screenshots from slush cup on sunday.  so many good skier falls.  video will be done in a minute.

the only snowboarder to make it across

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2013 at 2:48am
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2013 at 1:51pm
Day 41:

Quickie solo sesh this afternoon at Mt. Rose following a hearing in south lake tahoe, worked out nicely.  I went "suit to shred" very efficiently.  Spent a couple hours up there before heading back to the office.  They were claiming six inches, and I think they actually got all of that and maybe more.  And you're not usually going to hear me complaining about snow being too light, but that was the case here.  It came in so cold that it was a true dust on crust situation and the super-light powder had almost no cushion to it.  If it keeps snowing though -- and it might -- it could be very nice with a couple more inches on it.  Here's a selfie:

Solo ahred

-b
get bent
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2013 at 5:04pm
The crash where the guy ended up on his back and then popped back up was hilarious...and the guy holding the red sled that flopped was funny as sh!t as well.

That snowboarder did us proud.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>