Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 9:27am
With the regular season less than a week away, we should get this started.

A lot of teams lookin really different.
My warriors are looking like playoff contenders this year IF we can stay healthy. Curry already with another light ankle sprain on that same ankle. I really really hope he can stay healthy. Haven't seen Bogut play yet, but I think we're looking pretty good on paper with Rush, Landry, and Jack coming off the bench. Klay has shown his worth and barnes is looking like a very solid pick.

Dwight always in the headlines, looking like Dwight is still Dwight although lakers haven't won this preseason yet, I still think they're gonna win the conference.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 9:42am
If LaBron has a pulse, Heat over the Lakers in 6 games. Big smile 
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 10:05am
Woot, lets get it started. Looking forward to Curry coming back, though I imagine he'll be injured in week 4. Looking forward to the new and improved Lebron hater arguments, since that whole 'clutch' thing got buried in the playoffs and olympics. Looking forward to lakers fans thinking howard will solve their problems, and looking forward to OKC reminding lakers that OKC is still the best team in the west. 
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 10:19am
can someone remind me why basketball is part of the summer olympics when the nba plays in the winter?
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 11:08am

^^ All Winter Olympic events must be "played" on Ice or Snow.

2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by giftedhands

. Looking forward to the new and improved Lebron hater arguments, since that whole 'clutch' thing got buried in the playoffs and olympics. Looking forward to lakers fans thinking howard will solve their problems

Hahaha THIS! LA fans will always find new ways to solve their problems and new things to say about LeBron. Although I have noticed a slight decrease in the amount of LeBron trash talking haha. LA fans are too creative and have too much pride...and that's why I love them Big smile

youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 10:37pm
What's the line on my local Golden State Warriors winning the championship?  10,000 to 1?   Or even worse?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 11:47pm
^Can't be worse than my Raptors. Just the league punching bag imo. They're an absolute joke!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 9:26am
David Stern retiring in 2014. Cool, time for some new blood in there.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 9:30am
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

What's the line on my local Golden State Warriors winning the championship?  10,000 to 1?   Or even worse?

with the injuries...that may be the odds for making the playoffs...haha
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 9:54am
wow theres gonna be a no flop rule...
seriously? how bout the refs stop making those bullshit calls or at least learn to tell the difference

as for the Lakers, just wondering how dwight is gonna have a huge impact?  pretty much the same numbers across the board as bynum...
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by kikko

seriously? how bout the refs stop making those bullshit calls or at least learn to tell the difference

as for the Lakers, just wondering how dwight is gonna have a huge impact?  pretty much the same numbers across the board as bynum...

360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 10:15am

Originally posted by solocreep

David Stern retiring in 2014. Cool, time for some new blood in there.

The deputy commissioner for the last 6 years is taking over and the labor agreement runs for at least another 6.  What exactly are you thinking is gonna happen with "new blood"
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 8:55am
Okc traded james harden before the season starts-what???!!! I know they knew they couldnt afford a third max deal player but i figured they would try to win the title with him this year
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 9:16am

Uhh what? Howard averages 7 more pts and 5 more rebounds per game.Hardly the same numbers. He also averages more steals and more blocks. Dwight is one of, if not the best defensive centers in the league. Then you factor in Bynums injury problems and it's really not even close.

Originally posted by timpiper

Okc traded james harden before the season starts-what???!!! I know they knew they couldnt afford a third max deal player but i figured they would try to win the title with him this year

They did the smart thing looking to the future and getting something for him while they still could. Just like what the Nuggets did with the Melo deal.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by RastaRider

They did the smart thing looking to the future and getting something for him while they still could. Just like what the Nuggets did with the Melo deal.

I agree, Harden was huge for them but they did get something out of it rather than just having him walk away cuz they couldn't afford him. And kevin martin has always been one of my favorite players so I think they did well with what they had.
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 3:40am
Originally posted by lightning80

can someone remind me why basketball is part of the summer olympics when the nba plays in the winter?
I think it's because the WNBA plays in the summer, and that's the purer type of basketball.  No dunking.  Better fundamentals.  More fun to watch.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 5:03am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

I think it's because the WNBA plays in the summer, and that's the purer type of basketball.  No dunking.  Better fundamentals.  More fun to watch.
I don't know about it being more fun to watch but I do agree with the fundamentals in the womens' game.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Von44

I don't know about it being more fun to watch but I do agree with the fundamentals in the womens' game.
Femputer.. get off of TruSnow ;)

!Death by Snu Snu!
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 7:22am
Originally posted by cheemaster

Originally posted by RastaRider

I agree, Harden was huge for them but they did get something out of it rather than just having him walk away cuz they couldn't afford him. And kevin martin has always been one of my favorite players so I think they did well with what they had.

Agreed, they also protected their future by getting some first round picks back, it was a great deal for them even if they lose part of their core in Harden. Their GM Presti has gone on record as saying the way you build championship teams is using rookie contracts because they're the best deals in the NBA for the dollar usually.

Adding Martin for the present is just a bonus, he's an awesomely efficient 2 guard that can score with the second unit like Harden did.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 8:03am
The Harden trade was a good move for OKC since they would have lost Harden anyways. Now, they get Kevin Martin, a prospect in Jeremy Lamb and a couple of future picks. For Houston, with Jeremy Lin and Harden, it's going to be a team that's going to be fun to watch. Not sure if the other players included in the trade are going to be factors.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:05pm

The Harden trade was a good move for OKC since they would have lost Harden anyways. Now, they get Kevin Martin, a prospect in Jeremy Lamb and a couple of future picks. For Houston, with Jeremy Lin and Harden, it's going to be a team that's going to be fun to watch. Not sure if the other players included in the trade are going to be factors.

Wow, this was news to me, I've been so out of the loop with the NBA.  Sad to see Harden go but it was so disappointing when he didn't show up for the Finals.  If OKC wants a real shot this season, they're going to have to expand the scoring threat beyond their "Big 3".

Saw some highlights from the Lakers vs. Blazers pre-season game.  I'm looking forward to this season for sure... especially the playoffs!
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 12:42am
Part of me thinks that Harden was tired of coming off the bench,
well, if it's true I guess he gets his shot this year at a starting job.
Long hair don't care!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 3:06am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

!Death by Snu Snu!
Yeah Von, that was from Futurama.  I don't actually believe any of that.  The WNBA is awful.  Just because there is no excitement, doesn't mean it's more fundamentally sound.
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
First time ever snowboarding

Quote Viper713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 3:57am
Top 3 things I'm looking forward to:

1. Derrick Rose returning and playing at full strength
2. Oklahoma City (even without Harden) playing their fast-pace offense. Hope to see them in Finals
3. D-Wade and the Heat and how they do after wining the championship. After the 2006 one, the 2007 year was not so great.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 10:36am

!Death by Snu Snu!
Yeah Von, that was from Futurama.  I don't actually believe any of that.  The WNBA is awful.  Just because there is no excitement, doesn't mean it's more fundamentally sound.
Oops, i guess the only way to add excitement to that game is if they played in lingerie or bikinis then.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 10:51am
i'm anxious to see how the new dallas mavs will do this year. half of the roster from last season is gone including some key players like jason kidd and jason terry. the starting center is gone too. new pg, darren collison, new centers kris kaman, eddie curry, and rookie bernard james, new starting sg o.j. mayo. elton brand coming off the bench..and a couple of other new players. if they can build some chemistry, they might have a chance at competing...if not, it's going to be another failed year..
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 3:31pm
I can't wait for the damn season to start. Hockey isn't going to happen. Its almost like the reversal a couple years.. or wait was it last year? Hockey was on  but NBA was not...
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 3:33pm
Can't wait for the LA game tonight!! NBA NBA NBA!!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 3:26am
^Didn't see the game, but looking at the box score it doesn't look like Nash was all that involved.  Only 4 assists?  I wonder if it will be a weird dynamic since the offense basically runs through Kobe.  Obviously Nash is best when he is handling the ball and distributing.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 6:13am
So I realized something last night.  I was listening to the Heat's game on ESPN as I was driving in my car, and suddenly... I didn't really care that much.  Just a little too early.  I liked the way it was last year.

Last season: shortened season starting on Christmas day!  Each game counted just a little bit more than normal.  There was excitement from the first game of the season.

A Regular season:  I don't get any urgency.  It's like when a baseball team looses a game in April.  In theory, it counts the same as a September loss... but it feels different. 

Maybe that's why football is so popular, each game is a full 1/16 of a schedule.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 6:18am

So I realized something last night.  I was listening to the Heat's game on ESPN as I was driving in my car, and suddenly... I didn't really care that much.  Just a little too early.  I liked the way it was last year.

Last season: shortened season starting on Christmas day!  Each game counted just a little bit more than normal.  There was excitement from the first game of the season.

A Regular season:  I don't get any urgency.  It's like when a baseball team looses a game in April.  In theory, it counts the same as a September loss... but it feels different. 

Maybe that's why football is so popular, each game is a full 1/16 of a schedule.

That's exactly why I have a hard time watching basketball or baseball.  A team can go on a 10 game losing streak and they can still make the playoffs.  Each Football game has much more riding on the line, especially in college football. 
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 6:37am
Hilarious!!!

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 7:13am

^Didn't see the game, but looking at the box score it doesn't look like Nash was all that involved.  Only 4 assists?  I wonder if it will be a weird dynamic since the offense basically runs through Kobe.  Obviously Nash is best when he is handling the ball and distributing.

i watch the game..and it wasn't the same nash we've seen in dallas and phoenix. nash plays a run-n-gun offense pushing the ball all the time. the lakers play a slow, set, offense taking away what nash does best. i think this is on the coach, not being able to utilize and adjust his gameplan based on the roster's skillsets. it's also on kobe, because he doesn't like to share the ball, even with a future-hall-of-fame distributor on the floor with him.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 8:08am
Kobe share?
lol I just laughed when I saw the two words in one sentence. but I agree with yah on that. definitely on the coach, otherwise what's the point taking him in?

I get a feeling Raptors are gonna do well this season.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 8:24am

i watch the game..and it wasn't the same nash we've seen in dallas and phoenix. nash plays a run-n-gun offense pushing the ball all the time. the lakers play a slow, set, offense taking away what nash does best. i think this is on the coach, not being able to utilize and adjust his gameplan based on the roster's skillsets. it's also on kobe, because he doesn't like to share the ball, even with a future-hall-of-fame distributor on the floor with him.

The Lakers don't need the old Nash really though, they have enough talent for him to do less than he's been forced to do before. He's an excellent 3-point shooter that can space the floor for Howard, and he should be running lots of pick and rolls with Dwight, that should be their signature offense really.

It's kind of like the Heat were when they first came together, it's not easy to gel as a team when talented people are forced into new roles they're not accustomed to. The Celtics Big 3 were the only exception that played really well in their first year, but even they took a while to hit their stride.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 10:24am

i'm anxious to see how the new dallas mavs will do this year. half of the roster from last season is gone including some key players like jason kidd and jason terry. the starting center is gone too. new pg, darren collison, new centers kris kaman, eddie curry, and rookie bernard james, new starting sg o.j. mayo. elton brand coming off the bench..and a couple of other new players. if they can build some chemistry, they might have a chance at competing...if not, it's going to be another failed year..

OJ and Collison.. loadin up with Pac-12 (10 at their time of collegiate play) Cali folks!
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 1:30pm
The Lakers first game was a bit of a flop but as Broys said it takes some time to gel. The Heat didn't get things going for the first 20-odd games I think when they were formed. It's a hard one with Nash, him running the floor like he did in other places would work great using Dwight in the pick and roll situations but then there's Kobe. It's going to be fun watching how this team turns out
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 8:18pm
Can't believe the season has started, I don't usually watch till it's closer to playoffs.  I really like this season with more super teams. I still want lebron to win the championship. Actually anyone but Kobe.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

The Lakers first game was a bit of a flop but as Broys said it takes some time to gel. The Heat didn't get things going for the first 20-odd games I think when they were formed. It's a hard one with Nash, him running the floor like he did in other places would work great using Dwight in the pick and roll situations but then there's Kobe. It's going to be fun watching how this team turns out

Bummed they lost again tonight. Everyone is saying the problem is the mike brown...but they seriously need to play better as a team! So aggravating to watch, even as a Lakers fan!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 9:34pm
Mike brown is definitely part of the problem because he wants steve nash to run the offense more than he wants nash to improvise. The biggest problem, though, is the lack of emotion, which has been their issue the last 2 seasons
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 9:57pm
Warriors start the season with a win and the lakers fall to 0-2. Great day haha
but seriously, Warriors looked terrible in third quarter going into the fourth. That bench squad just looked out of sorts. Curry and david lee couldn't hit anything at all and they just looked like they were forcing shots. Came out with a win and I'll take it. Bogut looked good for the limited amount of time he was limited to. I'm excited if we can stay healthy. Get some chemistry going and we'll for sure be playoff contenders.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

Warriors start the season with a win and the lakers fall to 0-2. Great day hahabut seriously, Warriors looked terrible in third quarter going into the fourth. That bench squad just looked out of sorts. Curry and david lee couldn't hit anything at all and they just looked like they were forcing shots. Came out with a win and I'll take it. Bogut looked good for the limited amount of time he was limited to. I'm excited if we can stay healthy. Get some chemistry going and we'll for sure be playoff contenders.

I'm happy the warriors won too. But injuries have been their downfall for years. An ugly win is still a win.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 3:33am
James Harden is off to an amazing start in Houston.  37 pts, 6 reb, 12 assists, and 4 steals in his debut and an $80M contract.  Of course they were playing Detroit, but still an impressive debut.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 7:06am
Originally posted by mluu003

Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Bummed they lost again tonight. Everyone is saying the problem is the mike brown...but they seriously need to play better as a team! So aggravating to watch, even as a Lakers fan!

from what i saw on tnt...they say the lakers run the princeton offense...just wondering..how many championships have princeton won?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 7:08am
Is anyone playing that ESPN fastbreak thing? Honestly I don't know enough about the NBA anymore to gauge who would build a good fantasy team.
(For the record, currently i have:
G - Brandon Jennings
G - Andre Miller
C - Dwight Howard
F - Kevin Durant
F - Chase Budinger (i know.. random lol). I remember him playing at Arizona, and he was always real solid. Just hoping he gets more opportunity in Min than he had in Houston.

But the worst part is,, I can't even find how to compare myself to the other folks in my group! Anyone able to shed some light on this?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 8:28am

from what i saw on tnt...they say the lakers run the princeton offense...just wondering..how many championships have princeton won?

0 NCAA tournament titles, 1 NIT tournament title. (1975). They are in the record books as one of the best performances as a 16 seed in the NCAA tourney (in 1989 they lost to Georgetown 50-49).
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 8:38am
so...0 NCAA titles and 1 NIT title...that system will obviously work in the NBA..good job mike brown Clap
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 9:10am
That Miami Boston game was nice... if that is any indication of the games to come, this is going to be an awesome season.  I'm hoping Kyrie and the young Cavs can make a decent run.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 1:13pm

so stoked that the season has started. miami are off to a great start and ray allen is already fitting in nicely. the nba have done very well matching all these teams up for their opening games, so much rivalry haha. that garnett pic was hilarious.

i could see harden being traded and he stepped up huge for the rockets. i hope he can keep playing like that this season. i couldnt see lin carrying this team but with the addition of harden they have a pretty solid line up now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>