Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 4:01pm
Kobe may not have been shaking in his Nikes.. but someone at the front office must've been! I don't even envy teams that freak out when they go on some insignificant losing streak. I've cheered for Seahawks, Mariners, Supersonics, WSU... I'm used to that kinda shit. Hand me a Busch Light and I'll get right over it lol.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 6:29pm
How awesome would that be if stan van gundy was reunited with dwight howard.LOL.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 6:30pm
That would be an awesome way to ensure dwight doesn't stay there.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 7:38pm
Warriors look TERRIBLE. oh god.... desperately need bogut to solidify.... everything.
We missed so many open 3's in the second quarter and then just dug a whole. Offense was looking terrible with a ton of just one on one and just jacking up 3's after that. Quite frustrated
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 5:22am
Originally posted by cheemaster

Warriors look TERRIBLE. oh god.... desperately need bogut to solidify.... everything. We missed so many open 3's in the second quarter and then just dug a whole. Offense was looking terrible with a ton of just one on one and just jacking up 3's after that. Quite frustrated

Yet they still have a better record than the Lakers. Not for long tho.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 6:04am
Originally posted by solocreep

How awesome would that be if stan van gundy was reunited with dwight howard.LOL.

That is funny.  I wonder how much they are going to shell out to get Phil back
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 8:47pm
holy freaking shizzle warriors. How did we not win that in overtime. I am at a loss of words. very very very sad. klay and landry missing both free throws?! my god
iggy and danillo clutch tho...
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2012 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

[QUOTE=solocreep]How awesome would that be if stan van gundy was reunited with dwight howard.LOL.

How awesome would it be if Mike Brown was reunited with LeBron?

After Phil, the Lakers have D'Antoni and Mike Dunleavy
Long hair don't care!
mao mao View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mao mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 5:35am
Lakers should have hired Phil Jackson...
Dantoni can't get it done in the playoffs, I dealt with him in Phoenix for years...
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 8:14am
Dantoni certainly is an odd choice. I would assume PJ would have just had some abhorrent monetary request for returning that LAL was unable to fulfill. Just love how wishy-washy LA fans are, whose numbers in the Lakers struggling early season have dwindled. Hell, they've likely already forgotten who the Kings are and what sport they play.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 8:25am
Originally posted by mao mao

Dantoni can't get it done in the playoffs, I dealt with him in Phoenix for years...

I'm sure if Jackson was willing to return to coaching they would have hired him in a heart beat, no questions asked. 
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 8:26am
PJ wanted too damn much. He wanted the same money he was making in 2011, didn't want to travel to all the road games, wanted final say in all personnel decisions.. gtfo. He was a great coach, but he's not bigger than the organization. Truth is, neither D'antoni's offense nor PJ's triangle is gonna fix the Lakers. Nash still gets burned by just about all of the title competing PG's. Westbrook is going to have a field day with him. Lakers still are crappy at defense, have a weak bench and lack 3-point shooters. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 8:29am
Originally posted by giftedhands

PJ wanted too damn much. He wanted the same money he was making in 2011, didn't want to travel to all the road games, wanted final say in all personnel decisions.. gtfo. He was a great coach, but he's not bigger than the organization. Truth is, neither D'antoni's offense nor PJ's triangle is gonna fix the Lakers. Nash still gets burned by just about all of the title competing PG's. Westbrook is going to have a field day with him. Lakers still are crappy at defense, have a weak bench and lack 3-point shooters. 

Oh, I haven't been following the situation at all, didn't even know he was a viable option. Yea with those kind of demands you can't blame the Lakers for not rehiring him. Thats just ridiculous.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 8:56am
D'antoni will at the very least make this team fun. Im not so sure they would win a title even with phil jackson. At least they hired d'antoni instead of mike dunleavy, who was the third interviewee
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 9:28am

+1.  It seems like a no brainer to me.  Why wouldn't you hire an 11 time world champion.  D'Antoni has a horrible track record in big games.  He had talent in New York and couldn't put it together what makes the Lakers think he can do it in LA?
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 11:35am
PJ wanted to be a part time coach...that's just not reasonable..
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 2:31pm
He basically wanted Jim Buss job, with a coaching position
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers-resist-phil-jackson-s-power-grab-11051709.html
And buss gave him a big F U
By hiring D'Antoni before negotiations even began.
I can't remember the last thing Jim Buss did aside from discover Bynum
Who is out for another 5 weeks
Long hair don't care!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 4:29pm

Lakers hired D'Antoni. Guess, they think he can get it done in the playoffs.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Dantoni certainly is an odd choice. I would assume PJ would have just had some abhorrent monetary request for returning that LAL was unable to fulfill. Just love how wishy-washy LA fans are, whose numbers in the Lakers struggling early season have dwindled. Hell, they've likely already forgotten who the Kings are and what sport they play.
let me guess...from the bay?
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by shwazy

He might be talking about hockey?
La kings
Long hair don't care!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Jigkidd

Originally posted by shwazy

He might be talking about hockey?
La kings

I'm from Oregon. It's in my profile :P. Was just asserting that many LA "fans", (read: bandwagonners) will drop a team in a hurry once they're on a skid. There was almost no coverage of how dominant the Kings (yes, hockey) were last season until the Playoffs were nearly wrapped up, and few were attending the matches. The Lakers have been on a skid now and attendance has dwindled. It's simply a trend.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 2:57pm
The good news for the lakers is that okc is not and will not be the same without harden and san antonio, despite being regular season jugernauts, has fizzed out in the postseason every year since their last title. I definitely see the lakers making the finals
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 3:09pm
i think OKC is just as good if not better with kevin martin...
who on the lakers is going to guard westbrook? Nash? lol lets be real, Durant and Westbrook is what makes OKC what they are. while Harden is great and causes crazy mismatches, martin can flat out play too...

sorry but dantoni sucks as a coach. he doesn't make adjustments, he doesn't teach defense, basically, he doesn't coach at all!! his plays after timeouts suck! 
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by timpiper

The good news for the lakers is that okc is not and will not be the same without harden and san antonio, despite being regular season jugernauts, has fizzed out in the postseason every year since their last title. I definitely see the lakers making the finals

I agree. But Im tired of teams scrapping up a lot of good players just to win a championship. Back in the day, each team had their star and basketball was intensely competitive and it was super interesting to watch. But thats just my opinion.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 9:20pm
Honestly when Westbrook has a mismatch it can hider him also
He can play so erratic sometimes that he can be a turnover machine
And sometimes forces it ignoring the fact that he has kd on his squad
Long hair don't care!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 9:51pm
Watch out for the clippers-theyve already beaten the spurs and heat, not to mention the lakers
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 9:52pm
Dear God, what's going on with the knicks? unbeaten thus far...
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 11:04pm

Complete opposite to the Raptors... gosh we're so garbage.  I miss the VC-TMac days.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 4:31am
^ Pistons, too.  1-8 so far in this young season.  They looked much better with Singler running the point than Stuckey, Stuckey should stay home with the flu more often.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 5:01am
Originally posted by fj5

Complete opposite to the Raptors... gosh we're so garbage.  I miss the VC-TMac days.
Haha careful what you wish for. Keep hearing rumours of Vince coming back to TO.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Von44

Originally posted by fj5

Haha careful what you wish for. Keep hearing rumours of Vince coming back to TO.

What!? Seriously? Nonono, I don't want current Vince!  Old Vince was WAYYY better.  Money would be better spent on younger talent.  Although new Vince is still better than half our roster.  Geez.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 11:51am

miami were very lucky to get away with another win. kenneth faried is an absolute beast, he pretty much out rebounded the whole team by himself! if it wasnt for all those threes, they wouldve blown it. im just hoping wade comes back healthy and back to his old self soon.

timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 9:34pm
Ya miami isnt playing great at the moment. It would be really cool if ny could keep what they got going and give miami a run for the money
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 12:05am
The Knicks finally lose to the Grizzlies.
Memphis is playing so well.

Other news Mike D'Antoni will coach his first Laker game Sunday.
Long hair don't care!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 3:54pm

How many consecutive losses before they can him too? lol
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 11:04pm
 obviously if they go 1-4 they'll talk to Phil again.
hah not really. as long as Jim Buss is around I'm pretty sure there's no Phil,
Mitch Kupchak has made good moves for the organization with Dwight and Nash
but Jim Buss hasn't really done anything great.

Jamal Crawford is so entertaining to watch, it's like watching streetball. 
Long hair don't care!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 4:27pm
Warriors lost today. sweet jesus was kevin martin good. Would not miss from 3 point land. Warriors played well but when Durant gets a triple double, and okc shoots .650 from behind the arc, pretty freaking hard to beat...
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 5:06pm

How many consecutive losses before they can him too? lol

im sure Dantoni will have much more leeway seeing as how Kobe adores him
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 8:04pm
Lakers with 40 in the first quarter?! Geez and Kobe with the triple double. Welcome back Lakers.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 9:57pm
Kobe's glare at Lin today was priceless.
Long hair don't care!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 2:53pm
I know its excessively premature but im already stoked on how the western conference playoffs are gonna be-clippers, lakers, spurs, grizz-damn. Im already liking this season alot
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 3:16pm
Lakers won't have anything left in the tank to go far in the playoffs.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 6:43pm
I was so mad that Klay took that shot instead of running out the clock. Thank god warriors still won in OT. mayo was killing us but we actually hit free throws in the clutch and got some good rebounds for the win
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 9:51pm
When is steve nash coming back???
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 1:12am
Originally posted by fj5

Originally posted by Von44

Originally posted by fj5

What!? Seriously? Nonono, I don't want current Vince!  Old Vince was WAYYY better.  Money would be better spent on younger talent.  Although new Vince is still better than half our roster.  Geez.
Yeah, i wouldn't want him either. He'll always be a quitter in my mind. Could care less even if he put Toronto on the map or was the best player to ever put on a Raps jersey.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 5:58am

I was just thinking the same thing. LA is starting to get their crap together...i love seeing a team grow Big smile
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by mluu003

I was just thinking the same thing. LA is starting to get their crap together...i love seeing a team grow Big smile
They announced today during the game that they have no idea when he'll be back.

It's great to watch a team grow, but I'm pretty sure everyone that has anything to do with LA is getting extremely impatient and wants to see dominance asap.
Dwight shot the ball 4 times against the Kings... 

Long hair don't care!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 9:18am
Warriors with a solid win last night. David Lee was on fire! We looked good overall. The fact that we are rebounding so well without Bogut makes no sense to me but I can dig it
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 11:08am
kevin love is back which means my fantasy team just got even better. he had a huge first game too.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 1:00am
I know there's a lot of teams with crappy records but it's got to suck to be a Wizards fan these days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>