Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

Warriors with a solid win last night. David Lee was on fire! We looked good overall. The fact that we are rebounding so well without Bogut makes no sense to me but I can dig it

Rebounding isn't always about size.
example, Rondo.
Long hair don't care!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 8:05am
Man its really far fetched, after seeing the lakers play this many games, to even consider them as a title contender. I think most people, myself included, really under estimated just how old they really are and just how poor their bench play is. Not to mention the fact that pau looks aweful.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 11:18am
i have no doubt that the lakers will be there. too early in the season to write them off yet but yeah their bench is pretty ordinary
mollicap16 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 9:56am
Some one please tell me why the Sixers picked up and paid Bynum so much money? Even if he does play a game this year. Hes still not going to be the player we thought he was with 2 busted up knees.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by mollicap16

Some one please tell me why the Sixers picked up and paid Bynum so much money? Even if he does play a game this year. Hes still not going to be the player we thought he was with 2 busted up knees.

Bynum's got potential though, once he's healthy, he'll earn that check.
As long as he's got his head on right and focuses he'll do well. he does have attitude problems.

Anyone see that Brooklyn Boston brawl?
Rondo killed his chance at breaking the double digit assist streak record.
Long hair don't care!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 9:23pm
Bynum wont earn that money. He's all talent, no desire. Not to mention his body is constantly breaking down. The lakers were lucky to rid the franchise of him when they did
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 9:54pm
Well see about that,
Doug Collins has a pretty young team, almost like the wizards, and seems to get a lot out of them.
Long hair don't care!
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 4:39am
Originally posted by timpiper

Man its really far fetched, after seeing the lakers play this many games, to even consider them as a title contender. I think most people, myself included, really under estimated just how old they really are and just how poor their bench play is. Not to mention the fact that pau looks aweful.

im not a laker fan but 15 games is nothing, and lets be real for 1 second... the regular season doesn't mean shit, just gotta make the playoffs and anything can happen.
it's like all the knick fans screaming they're going to the finals after 15 games... gimme a break

Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 10:05am
You're crazy if you think what we've seen thus far with the lakers is not a good sample of what is yet to come. Clearly there will be some improvement but anyone who knows basketball-and i played through jr college-can see that the lakers are not winning a title this year, especially considering their bench and pau gasol's newfound ineptness. Basketball is not a sport where slightly above average teams get hot in the playoffs and win it all. It, more than any other sport, has about 2-3 teams annually that have a legit chance to win and i dont consider the lakers one of them.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 4:27pm
So Coach Popovich decides to send home 4/5 starters to rest instead of play the Heat tonight.
The League says fines will ensue.

what the hell is that about?
You're fining someone for not coaching the way you want him to?

Long hair don't care!
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Jigkidd

So Coach Popovich decides to send home 4/5 starters to rest instead of play the Heat tonight.
The League says fines will ensue.

what the hell is that about?
You're fining someone for not coaching the way you want him to?

After hearing the explanation, it makes a lot of sense why they did that. Well at least to me it did. If I had bought tickets for that game, which im sure would be more expensive than other ones, and I didn't get to see the spur's starters, I'd be pretty upset.
on another note, who saw dwight hit that 3 yesterday?? bynum gotta learn hahahahah
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 2:10pm
Still was a good game. 
heh Lakers... they go from no help one game, to everyone helps in the next.
Last game Kobe scores more than half the points,next game 2 bench players combine for 50+ points.
Long hair don't care!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 7:51pm
Warriors put up a solid win! Sittin pretty up top the pacific division. I can dig it. Still early in the season but still doing this without bogut. 
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 11:33am

lakers bench stepped up huge. dwights 3 was awesome, especially the look on his face after he hit it.

im glad pop didnt play his starters cause they wouldve beaten the heat. although i dont agree with the fine, i think it is fair seeing as a lot of people probably paid good money to see that match up but they still got a great game.

good to see wade hitting some good form against the nets yesterday too, hopefully he keeps putting up good numbers.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 8:55pm
How bout antawn jameson scoring 30 plus the other night and showing flashes of his younger years
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 5:22am
How weird is it to see the Warriors and Clippers on top of the division?
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
bgriffin34 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote bgriffin34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 6:05am
Just saying the Thunder are looking nice with Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb. KD and Russell are always doing their thing.
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 8:46am
so kobe calls out gasol yet again, yes gasol's numbers have dipped dramatically this year but when he checked out of the game vs orlando the score was like 83-82... why not call out dwight howard for being a shit ass FT shooter? im just sick and tired of pros getting paid the big $$$ and they can't even hit free throws, shoot that shit underhand if needs be and show that you're willing to do whatever it takes to win.

timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 11:28am
Ya and dwight howard is worse with free throws than shaq was-and i was certain we'd never see anyone worse
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 2:49pm

Ya and dwight howard is worse with free throws than shaq was-and i was certain we'd never see anyone worse

I was so frustrating seeing him miss all those FTs. I agree, he's as worse if not worse than Shaq at FTs. What was more frustrating was the fact that he wasn't pulled out. He just kept playing and missing them.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 11:23pm
I feel like Dwight could lead the league in scoring if he made all his FT's
Kobe is closing in on 30,000 points, but I'm sure he cares more about rings.
but still an amazing achievement, with only MJ, Malone, Wilt and Kareem ahead of him.
Long hair don't care!
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 8:15am
the lakers record would b better if he had made his free throws
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 5:21pm
Oh my...if the lakers blow this huge lead and lose to the rockets tonight it's cause for grave concern for this team.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 5:41pm
What a sorry and utterly ridiculous loss
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 5:57pm

Oh my...if the lakers blow this huge lead and lose to the rockets tonight it's cause for grave concern for this team.

The Lakers are breaking my heart! So painful to watch.

They need to fire Mike D'Antoni. Any coach who allows Dwight (missing all his FTs) to decide the outcome of the game is not cool.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 10:12pm
Holy moly guacamole Dwight, practice your flipping free throws.
seems like D'antoni, is still experimenting with rotations.
Jamison is looking good with Pau out, and there was an Earl Clark sighting.
I think it'd be in their best interest to utilize more forwards to rest Pau for the tendinitis in his knees.
Long hair don't care!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 9:10am
wow..all these all-stars on the lakers...and they can't buy a game. maybe things will get better when nash is back running d'antoni's system. but, dwight howard needs to make his free throws, or he can't even be in games at the end.

who would have thought that memphis would be on top of the west...
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 9:13am
Originally posted by lightning80

wow..all these all-stars on the lakers...and they can't buy a game. maybe things will get better when nash is back running d'antoni's system. but, dwight howard needs to make his free throws, or he can't even be in games at the end.

I love that the Lakers are struggling.  Even with Kobe putting up big numbers the rest of the team can't get it together to pull out a win.  D'Antoni was a bad hire, should of hired Phil. 
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 12:47pm
memphis are killing it, such a solid team. zbo was huge yesterday.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 1:13pm
Lakers lose to the Rockets and Heat lose to the Wizards...
anything can happen...
Long hair don't care!
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by letourneau41

Originally posted by lightning80

I love that the Lakers are struggling.  Even with Kobe putting up big numbers the rest of the team can't get it together to pull out a win.  D'Antoni was a bad hire, should of hired Phil. 

I agree with the bad move hiring D'Antoni, but I'd like to see the Lakers succeed! It's so frustrating watching them play, especially when everyone expects so much from them.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 10:20pm
lakers r fine, the bench has got to step it up and stop turnin over the ball so much
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 10:55am
it's full on, completely warranted state of panic in the LA area over the state of the lakers. it's sad but no one is even noticing how good and deep the clippers are round these parts
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 11:00am
haha i totally agree, haven't heard a thing about the clippers this season.

i've always believed that Dantoni sucks as a coach, he basically does nothing.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 11:22am
well d'antoni without nash has basically been an abject failure if you consider his time in NY and his brief stint with the nuggets in his pre-phoenix days
b0realis View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote b0realis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 11:47am
Honestly, Pau Gasol/Howard and the rest of the team are getting way too much crap. I mean, yes Pau needs to grow a pair and play like he did when they 2-peated against the Celtics, and yes Howard needs to start hitting his free throws, but Lakers are never going to win/contend another championship with the players they have until Kobe facilitates the ball. I love this sport and enjoy playing it myself, but when there is a player that never passes, the rest of the team suffers. It all starts and ends with Kobe Bryant. He is the leader on the team and I just dont seem (Lakers) ever succeeding until Kobe starts to trust his team (remote chance of this happening by the way). Watching Laker games have become so frustrating that I have completely stopped watching their games regardless if they win or not. Its just plainly not fun to watch anymore. Clippers on the other hand...
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2012 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by b0realis

Honestly, Pau Gasol/Howard and the rest of the team are getting way too much crap. I mean, yes Pau needs to grow a pair and play like he did when they 2-peated against the Celtics, and yes Howard needs to start hitting his free throws, but Lakers are never going to win/contend another championship with the players they have until Kobe facilitates the ball. I love this sport and enjoy playing it myself, but when there is a player that never passes, the rest of the team suffers. It all starts and ends with Kobe Bryant. He is the leader on the team and I just dont seem (Lakers) ever succeeding until Kobe starts to trust his team (remote chance of this happening by the way). Watching Laker games have become so frustrating that I have completely stopped watching their games regardless if they win or not. Its just plainly not fun to watch anymore. Clippers on the other hand...

This. I don't even enjoy watching Lakers games anymore! I'm always stressed out and more frustrated after the game. Plus I get enough laker-ranting all over my facebook.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
chhummystar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chhummystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2012 at 1:17am
Heard about the Hornets changing their name to the PELICANS?!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2012 at 8:01am

well d'antoni without nash has basically been an abject failure if you consider his time in NY and his brief stint with the nuggets in his pre-phoenix days

his system relies heavily on a point guard that can push the ball. right now, the lakers' starting and backup pgs are both injured. the system just can't work with the 3rd pg running the show. but, you won't see me shed a tear that the lakers suck with all their stars..haha.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2012 at 4:35pm
I think the lake show will be even further put in their place tonight when they most likely will get torn apart by okc
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2012 at 8:52pm
Other than the lakers late rally the result was as i expected tonight. Okc is a different class now
b0realis View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote b0realis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2012 at 11:12am
I agree. Although, I can't complain with how the Lakers played. I saw some grit with tough defense. Just no one on the Lakers are capable of causing any kind of trouble for Westbrook/Durant. 
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2012 at 6:47pm

Other than the lakers late rally the result was as i expected tonight. Okc is a different class now

Unforuately, this is true. Everyone knew there was no way they were gonna come through...especially w/o nash or pau...but hopefully they pick it up and turn it around!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2012 at 9:37pm
Westbrook is getting better and better-considering the kind of player he was at ucla, its a miraculous development story
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2012 at 9:33pm
I know its been touched on slightly but i have to reiterate and expand on how big a part kobe is playing in this laker debacle. On the surface he's scoring alot and efficiently but dear God has he turned into a turnover machine, specifically by way of throwing lazy, ill advised passes. Furthermore, his hyper agressive, go for the steal, gambling style defense is costing the whole team defense.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 4:57pm
hot damn....97-95 with a win for the WARRIORS...did NOT think they were gonna win that one but...damn...that was good!

shit, that was GREAT. leaving ONLY .7 seconds left after the last shot!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 4:59pm
WARRIORS TAKING IT TO THE HEAT! I was about to bow to The King but we pulled out the win. sweet jesus that was beautiful. jaret jack with the dime. making a statement. we're forreals this year
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

WARRIORS TAKING IT TO THE HEAT! I was about to bow to The King but we pulled out the win. sweet jesus that was beautiful. jaret jack with the dime. making a statement. we're forreals this year

It shouldn't have been so close. Warriors made a bunch of mistakes.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 6:13pm
^ the heat were throwing away some possessions too, but yeah, I thought we shoulda been able to keep them at more of a distance too once we pulled ahead again, but then again, it is lebron. That one turn around jumper from the top of the key... so good. jack was killin it too, straight fire tonight
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 6:14pm
Who said free throws are free? Definitely not this ref

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>