Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 678910 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
davidkahn1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote davidkahn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Jan/29/2013 at 11:50am
not a chance the lakers trade dwight...once kobe leaves in a few seasons dwight is going to be the lakers and the lakers will be dwight
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2013 at 1:04pm
Unfortunately that's prob true for now even though Dwight looks horrible. He needs to step it up
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2013 at 1:12pm
I think once dwight gets an offseason of rest, he'll be back to the old dwight.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2013 at 5:41pm
Warriors get the job done today without bogut, curry, landry, and barnes. Klay went off for 32 points and we looked like a solid 2nd team. Day off tomorrow then back to work! hopefully our players rest up well today and tomorrow
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 1:39pm
Rudy g ay traded to Toronto, grizzlies dumping salary even though there a good team.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Jaydoc08

Rudy g ay traded to Toronto, grizzlies dumping salary even though there a good team.

maybe they're trying to move to seattle...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 3:22pm

Nothing big really. homosexual seems like a second rate star imo. Raps have one too many forwards on the roster right now. Hopefully, this will be the dagger in Colangelo's tenure. What a mess.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 11:56pm
What about the lakers, dare we think it they're on a roll with 3 wins from 3. Then they blow a lead in the fourth to a terrible team
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2013 at 12:03am
good to see lopez getting a start for the east, thoroughly deserved.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2013 at 3:32am

This should be referred to as the Gay/Daye/Tay/Jose trade (say it fast 5 times).
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2013 at 7:02am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

What about the lakers, dare we think it they're on a roll with 3 wins from 3. Then they blow a lead in the fourth to a terrible team

it feels like they are done...that game was a good reminder as to how valuable Howard is.  As soon as we went out the Lakers couldn't stop them at all whereas before Phoenix struggled to score all game.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2013 at 9:01pm
Warriors again pull one out without Curry. Klay been picking up the slack and I'm liking the way Bogut is looking although he is still out of shape and has some ways to go, but he's definitely headed in the right direction.
We all knew that a Rudy trade was coming. Saw a little different grizzlies team against okc getting routed but I mean, they have a couple of decent players coming from the trade, but I do think that they can no longer make any attempt at a deep playoff run. I think the warriors will easily take the 4 spot and if the grizz can hold onto the 5 spot, then I don't know how they'll hold up
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 5:43am
GS has a real nice team, they play well against the clippers, I wonder how they'll handle and okc or Sa.
Memphis arguably got better with this trade, it wasn't like homosexual was playing well this year.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 6:17am
Originally posted by shwazy

it feels like they are done...that game was a good reminder as to how valuable Howard is.  As soon as we went out the Lakers couldn't stop them at all whereas before Phoenix struggled to score all game.

It does feel like that, and as much crap as Howard got for underperforming, fans need to realize how important he is.  Lakers tend to come back and string huge wins together toward the end of the season, so I am not considering them done, but they aren't playing like a playoff team.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 9:13am
Originally posted by cheemaster

Warriors again pull one out without Curry. Klay been picking up the slack and I'm liking the way Bogut is looking although he is still out of shape and has some ways to go, but he's definitely headed in the right direction.

the mavs made it interesting at the end last night..a couple of bad calls gave the warriors the edge (the flagarant foul, and the bogut non-call on the other end). the mavs need to make some roster moves...c'mon bank of cuban!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 11:28am
it was a close one, thompson producing the goods once again. the bogut call was tough but it was another good win without curry.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 12:25am
Dwight is being a diva. He was a star in Dallas, gave it all up, and expects to be a star with the Lakers but with no responsibility. He needs to stop complaining and play no matter how many times he gets the ball. He's not a team player
chhummystar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chhummystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 3:19am
Originally posted by rurchan

Dwight is being a diva. He was a star in Dallas Orlando, gave it all up, and expects to be a star with the Lakers but with no responsibility. He needs to stop complaining and play no matter how many times he gets the ball. He's not a team player

Dwight needs to get to full strength, that torn labrum keeps hindering him.

hah Dwight isn't a team player... so, when players blow by the Laker D and Dwight rejects their shot at the rim, you don't call that a team player?
or is it because he doesn't block the shot all the time and while going for the block his man gets the offensive rebound and putback?

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 10:04am
Looks like I was wrong about Rudy. Raps thumped the clippers on Friday and are taking it to the Heat right now. homosexual looks like he can't miss a shot!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 11:23am
I'm so glad to see Harden ripping it for the Rockets!!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 12:12pm
homosexual is a good player but he just hasnt been consistent enough this season. hes put up good numbers in his first couple of games though so it will be interesting to see if he can keep it up. i was getting a bit worried there in the fourth but they pulled away pretty nicely in the end.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 2:40pm
Rudy's a good player, the problem is the raptor now have 5 small forwards. Should trade one to get a pick or some value.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

It does feel like that, and as much crap as Howard got for underperforming, fans need to realize how important he is.  Lakers tend to come back and string huge wins together toward the end of the season, so I am not considering them done, but they aren't playing like a playoff team.

maybe you are right!  two decent wins since my post...the Nets are a bigger test. What is good here is that if they decide they need to trade Gasol or even Howard, Gasol is establishing he is still a valuable asset.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 9:24pm

Originally posted by Von44

Looks like I was wrong about Rudy. Raps thumped the clippers on Friday and are taking it to the Heat right now. homosexual looks like he can't miss a shot!

all this time i thought you were trying to make a joke by calling rudygay, homosexual. it wasnt until i typed it that i realised it was a word filter haha

Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 4:41pm
I hate being stuck in nba purgatory, the sixers have been there since 01. There's two ways to build a good team in the nba. (1) Suck and get lucky in the draft, (2) sign 3 superstars.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 1:01pm
It's already been established that he complained about the number of times he gets the ball at a press conference and then apologized
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by madsnake

Originally posted by Von44

all this time i thought you were trying to make a joke by calling rudygay, homosexual. it wasnt until i typed it that i realised it was a word filter haha

ha...i was wondering about that myself.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 8:02pm
man, warriors got smoked! if any team shoots like that, theyre going to be hard to beat.
endsz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote endsz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 3:10am

man, warriors got smoked! if any team shoots like that, theyre going to be hard to beat.

Haha not only hard but damn near impossible!! Rockets were hitting every! Before they subbed out the starters they were shooting like 70% from 3point range. Pretty cool that they tied the NBA record, but with that kinda night I was hoping they would break the record =/
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 5:12am
three wins in a row now without Dwight...interesting.

I have no idea how the Lakers got Clark...he can really play.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 5:29am
With a 140 points I thought harden would of scored more. Still the rockets were money from the 3pt line, not
Much d in the game though.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 12:14pm

i think gasol has been playing well lately too but it looks like theyve lost him now as well so theyre really going to struggle without them both.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 5:29am
Jason Richardson out for the season with knee surgery. I wish someone high up in the sixers organization would just say tank the season. The 8th seed does them no good. Bynum's a bum, i'll be amazed if someone gives him max money.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 6:44am

i think gasol has been playing well lately too but it looks like theyve lost him now as well so theyre really going to struggle without them both.

yeah tough blow...ton of pressure on Dwight to get out there and play.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 1:17pm
I hope earl is the most improved hidden gem now that he's gonna have a chance to shine
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:02pm
Who's going to take out the dunk contest this year?

madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 8:43pm

i like ross.  i think bledsoe is going to surprise a lot of people too, dude can jump. interested to see faried, i think hes going to be more about power though rather than athletic ability.

mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 10:05pm
Just bought my Lakers/Denver ticket @ Denver!!!

$40 for the 300 sections hahaha. Not too shabby at all!Big smile
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by mluu003

i hope the nuggest destroy the lakers..like they did to the bulls.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Originally posted by mluu003

i hope the nuggest destroy the lakers..like they did to the bulls.

I saw the the Nugget's last encounter with the Lakers at the Staple Center in December....and they kicked LA's ass. hahah.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 10:53pm

heat dominated the clippers. so deadly when theyre shooting like that.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 5:53am
Rumour goin around of Raps and Bulls swapping Bargnani for Boozer. I'd love nothing more than to see the itie get dealt even if its for a bag of potatoes!

Rudy with a clutch shot in ot to steal a win from Indy. This trade is looking better and better.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 7:30am
Lakers losing by twenty against Bobcats late in 3rd and comeback to win...every time I think the season is over they show a glimmer of hope.

That hope will probably be crushed tomorrow in Miami.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 9:28am

Lakers losing by twenty against Bobcats late in 3rd and comeback to win...every time I think the season is over they show a glimmer of hope.

That hope will probably be crushed tomorrow in Miami.

I thought it was over...but I'm glad they still have that fight in them.

Being a Lakers fan is so damn stressful.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 11:38am
hoping miami can put them away in the same fashion they did the clippers. should be a good game.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 12:35pm
When I was younger, I really thought the Lakers were so good that they would lose points durin the game on purpose, then comeback in the 4th qtr every time cuz they were way better than everyone else & it would make them more money/fans
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by rurchan

When I was younger, I really thought the Lakers were so good that they would lose points durin the game on purpose, then comeback in the 4th qtr every time cuz they were way better than everyone else & it would make them more money/fans

Haha that's weird because I used to think the same thing. Every time I saw play offs go to game 7, I thought it was all staged and only the last game was for real.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 2:41pm
Perhaps some match fixing haha.

On another note it's scary to think that LeBron is actually still getting better each year
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 3:33pm

Perhaps some match fixing haha.

On another note it's scary to think that LeBron is actually still getting better each year
yeah he is an incredible player.

Lakers put up a good game...I see improvements...need to win every winable game from here on out though.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 1:53pm

hes absolutely destroying right now, hes field goal percantage is ridiculous.

great win. i cant believe the lakers got out rebounded in that game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 33>