Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 7891011 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 2:09pm
7 straight wins for the Celtics and ended the Nuggets 9 game win streak. Maybe the season isn't completely lost after losing Rondo
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

7 straight wins for the Celtics and ended the Nuggets 9 game win streak. Maybe the season isn't completely lost after losing Rondo

I can't believe Denver lost in triple OT. Geez I was so sure they were gonna close it out!!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 3:54pm
Warriors to unveil a new type uniform. Looks like under armor base layer shirts. Idk bout these. It'll take some getting used to.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 4:26pm
Celtics look real good, even with the loss of rondo. I hope they keep winning, keeps the sixers out of the playoffs and they can give the heat a good run.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 8:38pm
the celtics has run came to an end. pretty tough backing up after such a draining game yesterday.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 9:26am
ya, I thought they would have done a lot worse w/o Rondo. I wonder if he's thinking, "crap, apparently they don't need me" haha
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 10:54am
Originally posted by rurchan

ya, I thought they would have done a lot worse w/o Rondo. I wonder if he's thinking, "crap, apparently they don't need me" haha

with the kind of status that he puts up, i don't think he has to worry. any team in the nba will pay good money for his services.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 11:56am
I just don't understand how the Spurs are still able to win without Parker, Manu, and Duncan? Somethings gotta give.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Von44

I just don't understand how the Spurs are still able to win without Parker, Manu, and Duncan? Somethings gotta give.

Shows what a good coach can do for a team.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 12:16pm
and how deep their roster is. whenever their stars are out, someone else always steps up.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 1:18pm
imagine how the bulls feel getting beat by the spurs bench.  they need d rose back.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 12:57pm
ya, there's some good teams with deep benches. Those are the teams that you need to worry about cuz their stars are injured and still winning strong
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by DCC

imagine how the bulls feel getting beat by the spurs bench.  they need d rose back.

i need him to come back...he's been sitting on my bench...taking a chance on him helping me in the playoffs...
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 1:39pm
he was quoted as saying he's far away from coming back like yesterday or something but i think they'll probably ease him into the lineup the few final 3-4 weeks of the regular season.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by DCC

he was quoted as saying he's far away from coming back like yesterday or something but i think they'll probably ease him into the lineup the few final 3-4 weeks of the regular season.

he said far away...then said maybe a week, maybe a month, maybe a year...so indefinite...if he can play during the fantasy playoffs..that's all i need...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 3:32pm
That's more than snuff for me and my fantasy team. A recovering d rose is always better than a John Lucas at this pt.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 7:15pm
Yes the Lakers won last night but pretty ugly game overall.  It seems like two steps forward one step back...hard to imagine why I can anyways considering even if they make the playoffs they will get bounced in the first round anyhow.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by shwazy

Yes the Lakers won last night but pretty ugly game overall.  It seems like two steps forward one step back...hard to imagine why I can anyways considering even if they make the playoffs they will get bounced in the first round anyhow.

Yeah, since they've been struggling all season, if they make playoffs I'd be ecstatic. I'm not expecting any kind of miracle where they make the finals or anything.

Always have next season to look forward too!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
sandman88 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Baldy

Quote sandman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 9:32pm
who thinks lakers should dump dwight?? he has his balls stripped more than a male stripper!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 6:52am
Originally posted by sandman88

who thinks lakers should dump dwight?? he has his balls stripped more than a male stripper!

Up into this year he was considered top 5 in the league and I think most GMs still think that but I dont know. If he doesn't want to stay beyond this year though you have to consider trading him depending on what you get back.  Obviously if he left they would have a lot of money to spend especially considering Pau only has one more year on his deal.   A lot for the organization to think about.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 8:34am
I would love to see him be at a place that he is happy, valued, and utilized to his full potential. 

I wish Portland could afford him, because with a few stylistic adjustments to the offense, he could compliment everything the Blazers do well.

madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 2:29pm
this is the first year ive had a fantasy team, how does it work during the playoffs? can you still make trades or are you locked in with your team once the playoffs start?
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 2:31pm
Huge game between Miami and OKC will be a great test for both squads. I'm taking Miami with Lebron simply killing it
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by madsnake

this is the first year ive had a fantasy team, how does it work during the playoffs? can you still make trades or are you locked in with your team once the playoffs start?

check the league settings...there should be a trade deadline...after that, you can only get players off waivers/free agency.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 6:07am
Wow the Lakers looked bad against the Clippers...it seems to me this team officially cannot contend.

How do you stand pat with this...not sure why they think the team will be any better next year?
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 11:04am
Do lakers fans want them to blow the team up? Or do most fans still think they can win a championship once they gel.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 11:19am
Originally posted by lightning80

check the league settings...there should be a trade deadline...after that, you can only get players off waivers/free agency.

sorry, i meant of waivers/fa. im the comissioner but i cant see it anywhere in the settings so im guessing you can keep doing it.

Originally posted by Jaydoc08

Do lakers fans want them to blow the team up? Or do most fans still think they can win a championship once they gel.

that is a championship team. once they start clicking they will be pretty hard to beat. it will happen eventually but whether they get the chance to wait that long is another story.

good to see miami totally dominate okc in that game. that fall that kd took was heavy! 

pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 12:08pm
Hear about KG hinting at retirement? Unhappy
limk43 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote limk43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 12:38pm
i think kg just said he doesnt expect to make the all star team next yr, his still got a few years left IMO, still a legit low post defender
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 5:19am

sorry, i meant of waivers/fa. im the comissioner but i cant see it anywhere in the settings so im guessing you can keep doing it.

that is a championship team. once they start clicking they will be pretty hard to beat. it will happen eventually but whether they get the chance to wait that long is another story.

good to see miami totally dominate okc in that game. that fall that kd took was heavy! 

i dont see how you think this is still a championship team this far into the season with the results they have had.  Here is the real problem...next year Kobe, Pau, and Nash are one year older...not to mention MWP.  The Pau injury was a seriously blow because he was demonstrating that he is still super valuable.  They could have traded him to try and get a piece that works better.  The coaching hire seems to be a big mistake in that they do not have the youth and athleticism to run.  I know they have had a lot of injuries but they still have to factor this rosters age for next year. 
jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 5:28am
Can't believe Rose might miss the entire season...
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 2:23pm
Howard for rondo... Probably not, but would defiantly be a shocker.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 4:44am
That dunk contest was kinda weak.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 4:55am
Originally posted by solocreep

Aren't all the dunk contest pretty weak now a days?
jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 5:33am
Weak, because no stars do it anymore or should I say starters for that matter.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 8:25am
It's weak cuz pretty much all those dunks have been done before. Jump over something, under the legs, etc.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 11:42am

i dont see how you think this is still a championship team this far into the season with the results they have had.  Here is the real problem...next year Kobe, Pau, and Nash are one year older...not to mention MWP.  The Pau injury was a seriously blow because he was demonstrating that he is still super valuable.  They could have traded him to try and get a piece that works better.  The coaching hire seems to be a big mistake in that they do not have the youth and athleticism to run.  I know they have had a lot of injuries but they still have to factor this rosters age for next year. 

The Lakers definitely have the talent, but the players don't gel together, that's just the bottom line. And the coach is not the right fit
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Oinker

Originally posted by solocreep

Aren't all the dunk contest pretty weak now a days?
yea all dunks have recycled over and over. But I don't care, TRoss had a couple good ones like his first dunk-behind the back and now the trophy is back in Toronto.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 10:43am
The all star game was pretty boring. Kinda funny when kobe blocked lebron.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 11:07am
yea, I need to find it on youtube or something. I saw one of them, but heard he blocked him twice
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 11:35am

The Lakers definitely have the talent, but the players don't gel together, that's just the bottom line. And the coach is not the right fit
exactly, that team on paper could be a championship team but theyre not working together and i can see it changing anytime soon. 
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 11:43am

i thought the dunk comp was good but when it takes 4 attempts to pull off a dunk it loses its impact. ross deserved to win, he pulled off some pretty killer dunks. i thought gerald greens first dunk was a highlight as well.

cant beleive the west won again!
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 1:52pm
The last good dunk contest I can remember was with Howard doing the superman thing or Iguodala with the behind the backboard dunk.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 2:13pm

cant beleive the west won again!

Yeah! Lots of talk among my buddies about Kobe on Lebron. Lots of video on it too haha. Pretty awesome stuff.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 6:59pm
Huge news, Lakers owner Jerry Buss died at age 80. Was the owner of the Lakers for 10 championships and will leave huge shoes to fill
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 9:13am
Trade deadline's thursday...
Hoping to see bynum and pretty much everyone on the sixers besides jrue traded for draft picks and fire doug collins at the end of the season.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 10:47am
Blazers need to rebuild too.  I am glad Lillard got to show off his stuff at all-star skills challenge though.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 2:55pm
i think the blazers have a pretty decent team but they tend to lose a lot of games they should win. 
lillard is only going to continue to get better and from the interviews ive heard with him, it sounds like he wants to be a franchise player which is a damn good thing for blazers fans, that kid is going to be a star.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 7:02pm

exactly, that team on paper could be a championship team but theyre not working together and i can see it changing anytime soon. 

I wonder if what's gonna happen before the trade deadline if anything. Kobe and Dwight need to work together. damnit, CP3 should have been with us and all this wouldn't be happening
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 12:52am
Bryant apparently let the owner know that he is open to them trading away Howard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 33>