Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 910111213 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 9:08am
Great loss by the sixers against the wizards. If only they didn't beat golden state. We need as many ping-pong balls as possible.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 9:20pm
Good win for LA against ATL yesterday night! Watched it at a Thai resturant and people were going nuts..no one was eating hahah.

Let's hope they can pull a W against OKC tomorrow...
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 11:40pm
Big call going against OKC, the Lakers finally climb back to .500 but I think they lose it to Durant and co.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 7:37am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Big call going against OKC, the Lakers finally climb back to .500 but I think they lose it to Durant and co.

This will be a taste of what will happen if Lakers actually make a run and make the playoffs.  The reality that the will still lose to better teams is still there.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 1:06pm

ibaka didnt end up getting suspended so i think okc will smoke them.

kjdsider View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kjdsider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 2:04pm
OKC at home is hard to beat. However, the games usually end up being close and not blowouts due to the matchups of the two teams. As long as LA controls the tempo a little bit, it will be close.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by kjdsider

OKC at home is hard to beat. However, the games usually end up being close and not blowouts due to the matchups of the two teams. As long as LA controls the tempo a little bit, it will be close.

I'm hoping for a close game...OKC is such a scoring monster of a team.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 11:46pm
OKC getting it done 122-105.

Little hard for LA to win when OKC tied an NBA record with only 2 turnovers
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 8:28am
Westbrook was running laps around the old Lakers LOL
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 10:59am

OKC getting it done 122-105.

Little hard for LA to win when OKC tied an NBA record with only 2 turnovers

2 Turnovers!  That is a great stat.  I never imagined that could be possible.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 11:47am
Lakers are really in trouble if Kobe's elbow injury is serious enough to hinder any part of his game. Like I said before, the rest of the team needs the confidence to play as a championship team
kjdsider View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kjdsider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 12:53pm
Lakers are in trouble even if dwight or earl clark gets hurt. Dwight was horrible last night and I'm guessing his injuries probably hindered him. Lakers aren't deep enough as it is. Any more injuries and it's no playoffs.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 12:53pm
OKC is the class of the West.  I know the Lakers got the stars, and clearly Kobe can go off at anytime.  I just don't see them being a threat (their recent hot streak notwithstanding).
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 5:30pm
i dont seem them even making the 8.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 8:26pm
lol i saw somewhere that the lakers had the 5th best odds of winning the championship like yesterday. haha theyre not even in the playoff seeds yet.... but I must say, kobe has been impressive when he needs to be...
WARRIORS on the other hand finally didn't disappoint today. I swear when klay missed the first shot I flipped my table. Pretty clutch of him to hit the next one though. pulling out a win shooting under 40%. I can dig the defense even though it was against the kings. Gotta keep strong on this homestand
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by madsnake

i dont seem them even making the 8.

Kobe drops 47 to go along with 12 assists and the Lakers snatch coming back from 25 down!!

They'll definitely make the playoffs from here I think I saw they're only 1.5 games out
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 5:29am
^ Nothing is definite.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 9:44am
I think the lakers will at least beat out the Jazz for the playoff seed. I have a bet with a friend that the lakers will be ahead of Houston by the time playoffs are set
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 10:14am
There are two teams easily reachable by the lakers, but that doesn't mean they are going to do that.  Half the remainder of the their games are on the road, and half are against teams over .500.  They can definitely do it, but I think they'll need 13 wins to do it, unless some teams ahead choke.  So, we'll see.  If they play like they have the last 10 games, they have a good shot.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 1:43pm
that was a massive win to come from that far behind. still dont think theyll make it but kobe is killing right now.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 1:47pm
ya, me thinks i bought into waaayyy too much hype when i had the ponders going to the finals.  [stupid stupid stupid!]
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 9:56pm
Lakers next year need to do something about coaching change or player change, cuz the coach doesn't fit with the way the players' style of playing right now so they're almost playing on their own. Kobe needs another player with him, like a Westbrook/Durant duo
chhummystar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chhummystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 12:22am
copied this story about Kobe from Reddit.

I've been a professional athletic trainer for about 16 years and have been able to work with a range of athletes from the high school to professional level. Right now I run in a clinic in Cincinnati and have most recently been training with some players on the Bengals.

I activated my reddit account just a moment ago and because I've been seeing the videos of Kobe's most recent dunks and the comments you guys have had to share I decided I might as well chime in what I know about the man. And let me just state by saying that this story doesn't touch on anything we don't know about Kobe but rather that he simply is not human when he is working on his craft.

I was invited to Las Vegas this past Summer to help Team USA with their conditioning before they head off to London, and as we know they would eventually bring home the Gold (USA). I've had the opportunity to work with Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade in the past but this would be my first interaction with Kobe. We first met three days before the first scrimmage, on the day of the first practice, early July. It was a brief conversation where we talked about conditioning, where he would like to be by the end of the Summer, and we talked a little bit about the hustle of the Select Team. Then he got my number and I let him know that if he ever wanted some extra training he could hit me up any time.

The night before the first scrimmage I remember I was just watched "Casablanca" for the first time and it was about 3:30 AM. I lay in bed, slowly fading away when I hear my cell ring. It was Kobe. I nervously picked up.

"Hey, uhh Rob, I hope I'm not disturbing anything right?"

"Uhh no, what's up Kob?"

"Just wondering if you could just help me out with some conditioning work, that's all."

I checked my clock. 4:15 AM.

"Yeah sure, I'll see you in the facility in a bit."

It took me about twenty minutes to get my gear and out of the hotel. When I arrived and opened the room to the main practice floor I saw Kobe. Alone. He was drenched in sweat as if he had just taken a swim. It wasn't even 5AM.

We did some conditioning work for the next hour and fifteen minutes. Then we entered the weight room, where he would do a multitude of strength training exercises for the next 45 minutes. After that we parted ways and he went back to the practice floor to shoot. I went back to the hotel and crashed. Wow.

I was expected to be at the floor again at about 11 AM. I woke up feeling sleepy, drowsy, and almost pretty much every side effect of sleep deprivation. Thanks, Kobe. I had a bagel and headed to the practice facility.

This next part I remember very vividly. All the Team USA players were there, feeling good for the first scrimmage. LeBron was talking to Carmelo if I remember correctly and Coach Krzyzewski was trying to explain something to Kevin Durant. On the right side of the practice facility was Kobe by himself shooting jumpers. And this is how our next conversation went -- I went over to him, patted him on the back and said, "Good work this morning."

"Huh?"

"Like, the conditioning. Good work."

"Oh. Yeah, thanks Rob. I really appreciate it."

"So when did you finish?"

"Finish what?"

"Getting your shots up. What time did you leave the facility?"

"Oh just now. I wanted 800 makes so yeah, just now."

My jaw dropped. Mother of holy God. It was then that I realized that there's no surprise to why he's been as effective as he was last season. Every story about his dedication, every quote that he's said about hard work all came together and hit me like a train. It's no surprise to me now that he's dunking on players ten years younger than him and it wasn't a surprise to me earlier this year when he led the league in scoring.

Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 1:00am
^^^ that is ridiculous, just a tiny insight into what he must do, what a lot of pro athletes must do!! 
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 7:14am
I don't know how the contracts really work in the nba, but why doesn't kobe take the veteran minimum with stock in the Lakers worth up to his usual contracts. That way they have the cap room to sign a stud to play with him. It's not like Kobe needs that much money with all his endorsement deals.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 8:23am
jaydoc: so, you're saying they should surround kobe with better players? let's see who he has now to help him: dwight howard, metta world peace (ron artest), and steve nash..and paul gasol before he got hurt. how many of those are multi-year all-stars? oh..all of them? including kobe, that's 5 perrenial all-stars on 1 team. how many other NBA teams have 5 perrenial all-stars on their roster right now?

spurs have 3? (duncan, parker, and manu)
thunder has 2? (durant, westbrook)
heat has 3? (wade, lebron, bosh)
knicks have 2? (melo, amare)

so, why does kobe need to take a pay cut to get even more top players when the top teams already have less? maybe he's just not good enough? LOL
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 9:18am
Thanks for sharing that Reddit story.  Wow
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 9:20am
Originally posted by lightning80

jaydoc: so, you're saying they should surround kobe with better players? let's see who he has now to help him: dwight howard, metta world peace (ron artest), and steve nash..and paul gasol before he got hurt. how many of those are multi-year all-stars? oh..all of them? including kobe, that's 5 perrenial all-stars on 1 team. how many other NBA teams have 5 perrenial all-stars on their roster right now?

so, why does kobe need to take a pay cut to get even more top players when the top teams already have less? maybe he's just not good enough? LOL

I agree that Kobe does have enough around him.  He should be able to bring it together.  But on the other hand, if gasol and howard are distractions, maybe having them on the team isn't as helpful as new blood.  Or maybe it's the coaching, not the skill on the court.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 9:25am

I'm not a Lakers fan, but since about 80% of this board is I figured i'd stir up some conversation. You can't be serious about artest being an all star. Maybe 10 years ago, the lakers wish they could unload that contract. Nash hasn't be good for the last 3 years. A very average-to below average pg. Now Gasol should of been traded before he got hurt for a pick or something, but I still think he's good, he just doesn't fit with howard. Kobe's still kobe, but he's been in the league for forever 96 draft. How many people from that draft are still in the league? Dwight can be a beast when healthy, but he's a liability to the team in the 4th quarter.
The lakers need to wake up and get younger talent. They can't run the court, but in half-court game they're one of the best.

Personally, I think Lakers fans are spoiled by their championships, but you have to give them credit because they always go for it and know how to dump garbage (bynum trade). Everyone of those teams you listed are younger than the lakers, age caught up with them. It's lebrons league now.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 9:54am
jaydoc: so, the solution is not kobe taking a pay cut, but moving the players they already have. teams will still pay a premium for dwight howard and pau gasol so the lakers can get some younger blood. nash, when he needs to, can still put up the numbers. ron ron still plays solid D, he offense isn't what it was before, but that's not what the lakers need him for. what the lakers need are some solid outside shooters. kobe and dwight can take care of attacking the paint. the sg and sf positions need to be solid outlet shooters. they also need a bench that can keep them in games when the starters get a breather.

i'm also not a lakers fan, you should be able to tell from my profile pic. taking less money to get more talent works for every team, except the lakers, because they already got the talent. they just need better supporting role players.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 9:57am
I could have sworn J.R. Smith was going to hit that shot last night, the way he was going. 

I also watched a few quarters of that Nugs/Clips game... Denver is super athletic.  They went on a run where they hit 6 threes and Gallinari of all people had two dunks.... whaaaa?!?!?!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 12:16pm
Another crazy Laker game...Kobe nailing those 3 3-pointers to bring them to OT.  I would say these games are momentum builders but they are barely beating Toronto and New Orleans...but still only 1 game back from playoff spot.  Jazz and Warriors in free fall so playoffs are definitely for the taking.

Yes the lakers need a better bench and yes it is pointless to talk about 4 hall of famers and an all-star if they are not playing at Hall of Fame or All Star level.  

Dwight has definitely picked up his game and the New Orleans game shows how big he is on defense.  New Orleans scored 67 points in the first half with Dwight spending most of the first on the bench with 3 fouls. He played the entire second half and they scored a total of 35 points.

Gasol will help and I think they can find a way to make it work... Lakers will be a tough test for any team round one no matter what.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 11:48am
Dwight Howard needs to hire a new publicist.  Every time this guy opens his mouth, he becomes more unlikable.  Which is strange considering that 3-4 years ago he was unquestionably one of the most likable players in the league.  In the end, who cares?  If you he wins a championship, most will be forgotten.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 8:33pm

Deandre... my god.... Harrison Barnes' dunk over pek has finally been dethroned as the  best (in my opinion) posterization this year
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 9:31pm
that reddit post is crazy awesome. Great insight to what most ppl aka 95% of the ppl who give their 2 cents about NBA players, do not understand the work that is put into being a great athlete like Kobe. Age is catching up to the Lakers and most of those guys are injured. So you can't say Kobe is surrounded by so many healthy all stars. Metta is not an all star btw. Nash is old
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

Deandre... my god.... Harrison Barnes' dunk over pek has finally been dethroned as the  best (in my opinion) posterization this year

Did you guys see the yahoo news article about this? The dunk was so gnarly, apparently Brandon Knighed is now deceased..according to wikipedia haha.

"On March 10, 2013 Knight died in a game vs the Los Angeles Clippers. The cause of death was determined to be DeAndre Jordan."

source:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/deandre-jordan-obliterates-brandon-knight-ferocious-dunk-video-040144812--nba.html
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 3:26pm
I was flipping thru channels and they're coming DJ's dunk to MJ's dunk over Pat Ewing. I think DJ's was harder cuz it was an alley op
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by mluu003

Did you guys see the yahoo news article about this? The dunk was so gnarly, apparently Brandon Knighed is now deceased..according to wikipedia haha.

"On March 10, 2013 Knight died in a game vs the Los Angeles Clippers. The cause of death was determined to be DeAndre Jordan."

source:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/deandre-jordan-obliterates-brandon-knight-ferocious-dunk-video-040144812--nba.html

That dunk is massive!! Haha the wiki post is great, on nba.com knight is garnering more mentions per hour than jordan and he was the victim of the posterization 
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 6:32am
^I love how Chris Paul looks like he is in shock while DJ is celebrating.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 8:33am
Originally posted by rurchan

I was flipping thru channels and they're coming DJ's dunk to MJ's dunk over Pat Ewing. I think DJ's was harder cuz it was an alley op

And DJ dunked with his off hand...
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 8:50am

Originally posted by rurchan

And DJ dunked with his off hand...

if you are in the NBA and are DJ's size you should be able to dunk with either hand without any problems...
MOAR powderz plz!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 11:10am
Mavericks on a 3-game win streak. Anybody think they might follow the Lakers and sneak into the playoffs?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 11:43am

Mavericks on a 3-game win streak. Anybody think they might follow the Lakers and sneak into the playoffs?

I think the Jazz are gonna be the ones to fall out right now, but I'm not sure about the mavs only because I don't see the lakers rockets or warriors slowing down dramatically. Lakers are obviously in the groove and making their playoff push, I think Harden is gonna find a way to get his team to the playoffs and I think the warriors are gonna be just good enough to stay alive. but still a good amount of ball to be played
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 1:02pm

totally agree, i dont see the jazz making it now but the warriors and rockets should both scrape through.

Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by madsnake

totally agree, i dont see the jazz making it now but the warriors and rockets should both scrape through.

Yeah, they are the team that has the easiest way out of the playoffs.  But then again, 7th and 8th seeds are automatic losses anyway.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 6:07pm
What a return to Orlando for Howard, he went to the line 39 times!!! That tied his own NBA record that is huge
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 7:19pm

Originally posted by mluu003

That dunk is massive!! Haha the wiki post is great, on nba.com knight is garnering more mentions per hour than jordan and he was the victim of the posterization 

I thought Wojnarowski on Yahoo had an interesting take on the dunk -- Why is Knight is the butt of league-wide jokes because he had the audacity to try and stop the dunk?  As in, should he have just surrendered? Well, read it for yourself.  I personally think it was a great dunk to get excited about and you can admire the guts Knight had to try and stop it, but recognize that in the end he got ethered.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--basketball-s-backward-culture-makes-punch-line-of-brandon-knight-for-trying-to-stop-deandre-jordan-s-dunk-174058736.html
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Online
  Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 10:13pm
Lol. In yo face!

Went to the Rockets at Warriors game. I'm Chinese and I support Jeremy Lin too but I'm true Warriors fan. All those Asian with Warriors gear on all the sudden became Rockets fans. Get the hell outta the stadium. I don't wanna hear the s*^%!
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 6:13am
^^I like that Wojnarowski article
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 7:42am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Yeah, they are the team that has the easiest way out of the playoffs.  But then again, 7th and 8th seeds are automatic losses anyway.

tell that to the top seeded mavs who lost to the 8th seed warriors a few years back...both the lakers and mavs are getting hot at the right time. if they continue the momentum, they may be able to knock off a spurs or thunder team. especially the lakers...and the spurs who are getting injured at the wrong time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 33>