Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1011121314 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 8:14am
Originally posted by lightning80

Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Yeah, they are the team that has the easiest way out of the playoffs.  But then again, 7th and 8th seeds are automatic losses anyway.

tell that to the top seeded mavs who lost to the 8th seed warriors a few years back...both the lakers and mavs are getting hot at the right time. if they continue the momentum, they may be able to knock off a spurs or thunder team. especially the lakers...and the spurs who are getting injured at the wrong time.

That was a great time for us hehehe.
but I agree that with the way the lakers are playing they could take out san antonio especially with their style of play. I'm not sure about okc though... I do see the mavs getting hot too, with a win over a solid bucks team, though ersan was a bit limited, still a good win. My only hope is that the warriors dont fall off the face of the earth and lose their spot
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 2:44pm
I've been a Lakers fan for life, but I am hesitate on seeing them beat OKC. I haven't seen the spurs play yet so I don't know about them. But OKC has a team that gels well together.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 4:22pm
okc are too good, i dont think anyone is going to beat them in a 7 game series...until they meet the heat again in the finals Wink
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 4:56pm
yea, Lakers need more young guys on their team. Age and endurance is catching up to the whole team.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by rurchan

yea, Lakers need more young guys on their team. Age and endurance is catching up to the whole team.

True! I'm just stoked they might head to the playoffs...even though they will probably lose early..Unhappy
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 5:59pm

kobe is now out indefinitely so thats not going to help their cause.

mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by madsnake

And calling out Jones for foul play, saying he's disappointed he has to wait a year for revenge
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by madsnake

I got this text..and my stomach turned. I hope he'll be back in a few days, or else Lakers are completely done.

youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 4:42am
Proud of the Sixers for giving the Heat a game.  This season has been a complete and utter disaster.  Ultimately, Sixers need all the ping pong balls they can get, so a hard fought loss is the best thing for them.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 8:42am
You can stick a fork in the Lakers playoff chances cuz they done. But now theres a chance for Nash and d12 to shine.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 8:49am
Was that a cheap shot by Jones on Kobe? From what I saw it didn't look that way. I wonder if dwight's telling him to suck it up?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 9:03am
With kobe out that lost spot in the west could now be anyone's. Definitely space for dwight to do his thing. Pau should be back relatively soon too. Still a good amount of time for kobe to recover, but if the Jazz or the mavs wanna step up, i think that 8th spot is up for grabs 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 2:57pm
Man, when I heard Kobe was out indefinitely, I saw all my fantasy bball hopes disappear and the Lakers' run at the playoffs. Jones had a dirty hit on Kobe? I don't know anything about what happened
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 3:51pm
i wouldnt say it was a dirty hit but it shouldve been a foul. basically he moved into him while he was in the air which consequently caused him to land akwardly and hurt himself.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 6:07pm

Man, when I heard Kobe was out indefinitely, I saw all my fantasy bball hopes disappear and the Lakers' run at the playoffs. Jones had a dirty hit on Kobe? I don't know anything about what happened

I don't think it was that dirty or anything...fans just hardcore RAGED bc Kobe's hurt.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 8:20am
Yeah i wouldn't say it was dirty play. It's just whining from a superstar. What did Kobe expect Jones to do?... slip out of the way? Jones has to be in position to contest in case of a rebound. Its unfortunate Kobe got injured but hardly anyone's fault.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 8:44am
didn't look dirty to me...players are trained to block out after a shot..the footwork looks similar to a half-assed attempt to block out...kobe voicing out that he "jalen rose'ed me" got the league to issue the stupid statement that doesn't help anyone...it's all part of the game...nothing to see here..move along
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 10:50am
did anybody see the last few seconds of the spurs/mavs game last night? i don't understand why the mavs went for 3 on the last shot when they were only down 1... Confused
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 11:05am
I understand why Kobe would think it's dirty based on his history with Jones (trip in the playoffs).  That being said, I don't think it was dirty.  Defenders are supposed to close out on shooters, especially when the game is on the line.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Von44

Yeah i wouldn't say it was dirty play. It's just whining from a superstar. What did Kobe expect Jones to do?... slip out of the way? Jones has to be in position to contest in case of a rebound. Its unfortunate Kobe got injured but hardly anyone's fault.

I think most everyone is in agreement that it was a basic basketball play - not dirty.  And to this point, I do think Kobe has started to expect people to slip out of the way.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 2:34pm
For all the injury talk Kobe has started in the end anyway
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 2:45pm
looks like kobe is actually playing. impressive. 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 5:07pm
He only played the 1st qtr I think. U guys don't think it was dirty because Jones "closed out" so much that Kobe's whole body had to land on him. Jones didn't just step up and put a hand up, he stepped all the way underneath Kobe and put his body into him.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 5:36am
I fully expect the Heat to beat the Raptors in their next game, which sets up a showdown in Boston with the streak on the line.  If it's going to end, I feel like that is the place.  But they way they are playing, it may never end.
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 10:18am
Whats crazy is that the Celtics were the team that ended the '08 Rockets 22 game win streak. Monday nights game should be very interesting. If the Heat pull through the Spurs might be the only team to beat them and that game isn't scheduled until 3/31 which will put them at 29 straight games. It would awesome to witness the Lakers 33 game win streak come to an end this season
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 12:24pm
Do the Lakers hold the longest win streak right now at 33 games? If so, when did they do this?
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 1:37pm

the 71-72 lakers hold the longest win streak at 33 games, which is absolutely ridiculous but they did have jerry west, wilt chamberlain and gail goodrich on that team. heat just took down the raptors so were sitting at 22 now, tied with the 07-08 rockets for the 2nd longest winning streak in nba history.

they hit the road soon and have to play a lot of teams that have beaten them already this season so its a still a long way to go but theyre playing with a lot of composure right now so hopefully we get to see this record broken.

bring on the celtics!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 5:05pm
^ There was a ton of hating on the Heat last year (I will admit, I was part of it as well), but they are fun to watch and really play like a team.  They are clearly the best team in the NBA.  They have the bullseye on them, so it's up to the other teams to step up. 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 5:43pm
Even though 22 is a lot of games in a row, I'm sure it looks like nothing compared to the Lakers' 33 game streak. It probably feels like eternity for the Raptors. I just don't see them being the team to break the Lakers' record. 
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 3:15pm

Even though 22 is a lot of games in a row, I'm sure it looks like nothing compared to the Lakers' 33 game streak. It probably feels like eternity for the Raptors. I just don't see them being the team to break the Lakers' record. 

good exciting game, was hoping Miami to come out on top.. 33 games is a lot I don't see anyone surpassing that record
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 5:56pm
Good comeback by the Heat to make it 23 games, I don't know if they'll lose again in the regular season
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Good comeback by the Heat to make it 23 games, I don't know if they'll lose again in the regular season

I didnt think they could do it! It was a crazy win...James really brought it. They deserved that 23rd win.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 4:31am
that was a great game.  I didn't know Jeff Green had it in him.  But in the end, Lebron was too much.  Maybe it would have looked a little different if KG had played, perhaps Boston could have held onto those leads.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 8:04am
I suspect that they would end the streak against a bottom-dweller team..when they let their guards down..they needed double OT to beat the Kings during the streak.. It'll probably be another one of those teams that will do it..
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by lightning80

I suspect that they would end the streak against a bottom-dweller team..when they let their guards down..they needed double OT to beat the Kings during the streak.. It'll probably be another one of those teams that will do it..
no doubt it'll happen...especially since they are more prone to rest their starters when they dominate like that.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 12:53pm
that was a huge come back. with garnett out, i thought number 23 was in the bag but green was pretty much unstoppable.  i didnt know if they could come back in the fourth, every time they would start to close the gap boston would just knock down a 3 but then lebron stepped up and proved once again why hes the mvp Wink
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 3:31pm
You'd think a loss like that to the Suns would end the Lakers playoff push but I still think they'll sneak in and then get pounded in the first round
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 8:47pm
I kinda don't want the nuggets to take the 3 seed.... Really wanted them to lose tonight. If the warriors can hang onto the 6th seed I would kinda rather play the clippers than the grizz or the nuggets right now..... But the way they're playing, the nuggets look like they might do just that....
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 9:52pm
I think the Lakers will sneak in but lose early in the rounds. I need KG back in, him and Kobe being out is killing my fantasy team since we just started playoffs
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 12:11am
Nuggets on a nice little streak of their own, 13 wins in a row now after accounting for OKC
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 5:32am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Nuggets on a nice little streak of their own, 13 wins in a row now after accounting for OKC
Nuggets are a solid squad, they seem to have come out on top of both the Carmelo and Howard trades (especially considering they were handcuffed into trading Carmelo).  I am still not sure what planet JaVale McGee is from, but they are fun to watch.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 7:42am
Nuggets flew under the radar for a while before these couple days even though they had the streak going. If the Heat weren't having their monster streak, people would have paid more attention to Denver. But, now that they beat OKC, and people are starting to talk about them, they'll probably lose the next one...
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 1:02pm

i dont see them losing these first few but they play the spurs away soon and that will be a tough one especially if parker is healthy by then.

Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 5:09pm
I thought there might be a letdown after the Celtics game, and there was.  But wow, overcoming a 27-point deficit, even when it is is against the Cavs, is pretty impressive.
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 8:59pm
Is it just me or has MIA been toying with some of these mediocre teams just to see how far of a hole they can dig themselves out of? 27 point deficit gone in less than 8 mins WOW!!!

If I were a CLE fan I would solely blame Luke "I'm a scrub" Walton for the collapse.  Anytime he's on the court it looks like he doesn't know what he's doing.......C'MON MAN HOW ARE YOU STILL IN THE LEAGUE?!
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 1:10am
Originally posted by tk177

Is it just me or has MIA been toying with some of these mediocre teams just to see how far of a hole they can dig themselves out of? 27 point deficit gone in less than 8 mins WOW!!!
If I were a CLE fan I would solely blame Luke "I'm a scrub" Walton for the collapse.  Anytime he's on the court it looks like he doesn't know what he's doing.......C'MON MAN HOW ARE YOU STILL IN THE LEAGUE?!

that's how it looked like to me, the heat can just turn it on whenever they want and just blow any team away.. the next test is san Antonio. The only thing I don't like about the streak is when analysts start talking about how LeBron could be the best ever..
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 1:37am
That was an impressive comeback. But best ever? Only time will tell however not yet.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 7:30am

Everyone is pointing to that San Antonio game, but I think I agree with one of the earlier posters that the streak will probably end against one of the lesser teams.  Sooner or later, the Heat will dig themselves too deep of a hole.  In fairness, I thought that was last night, so on second thought, they may never lose.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 8:04am
what team goes behind the cavs by 27pts? it would have been epic if the heat ended their streak against the team that lebron left...
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 1:52pm
way too close! not only were they 27 down against the cavs but that was a very depleted cavs line up as well. still, that that was a huge deficit to fight back from so hopefully they can keep it up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 33>