Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1213141516 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Geez

All I know is that Kobe was walking around on crutches after last night's loss to the Bucks.  He better get well soon or the playoffs become less likely.

apparently it is just bone spurs so he will  not miss time.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 4:41pm

dude will do anything to make sure his team wins. i think he will play through.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 8:12pm
Kobe will have a fractured foot and he'll still play on it. He's a crazy trooper, he'll get better before the next game
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Kobe will have a fractured foot and he'll still play on it. He's a crazy trooper, he'll get better before the next game

Yeah he's a beast.

He's 4 points away from being 4th place on NBA's all time scoring list! He's about to surpass Wilt Chamberlain's record! Then he'll be not that far behind MJ's record..
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 4:41pm
For sure -- I wasn't saying Kobe wasn't a gamer, his drive is insane.  That team has been destroyed by injuries.  See if they can pull it together enough to sneak into the playoffs.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 6:47pm
The Lakers need to get it together. They are such a roller coaster team this season, even with all the injuries and coaching changes. Then again, that has to be hard when that's more than half your season.
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 1:55pm
The Lakers aren't going anywhere as long as Dantoni is the coach.
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 3:29pm
kings blew it, i cant believe that cousins attempted 3 3's as their final options.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 5:25pm
Lebron and Wade sat against the Spurs, payback for the Spurs resting all their players in Miami earlier this year?
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 8:11pm
didnt even need them. bosh coming through with the goods!
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 7:16pm
They didnt rest because pay back for the spurs resting their all stars. Their run at the 33 win streak is over, so they don't need to play their all stars like lebron. Don't need to prove anything since they're already in the playoffs
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 2:34am
Ginobili likely to miss the start of the playoffs win an injury, I think the Spurs should be okay but they'll be hoping to hold onto the 1 seed with road games coming up against OKC, Atlanta and Denver
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 6:07am
It'll b interesting seeing how the coaches decide on how long they're going to keep their all stars out of certain games and play others
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 8:49am
Miamia doesn't really need to play their stars for the rest of the regular season since they basically have home court sealed up..unless there is a complete collapse by their bench and the other teams in the West keep playing their starters. But, as we saw against the Spurs, they can still win when a couple of the stars rest. I wouldn't be surprised if they took turns resting until the playoffs. The Spurs are already resting Duncan and Manu's injury probably isn't as bad as they say so he can rest too.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 9:45am
Originally posted by lightning80

Miamia doesn't really need to play their stars for the rest of the regular season since they basically have home court sealed up..unless there is a complete collapse by their bench and the other teams in the West keep playing their starters. But, as we saw against the Spurs, they can still win when a couple of the stars rest. I wouldn't be surprised if they took turns resting until the playoffs. The Spurs are already resting Duncan and Manu's injury probably isn't as bad as they say so he can rest too.

I agree, is OKC resting any players like Miami or SA is? Duncan definitely needs to rest, that guy is getting old, but still shows spurts of energy. Who do you think is going to take it this yr: OKC, Miami, or SA?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 10:03am
I think Miami is the team to beat in this year's playoffs. But, if Derek Rose comes back to play, the Bulls have a chance of taking the Heat out. I don't think either OKC or the Spurs can beat the East this year.
However, if the Mavericks make it to the playoffs, watch out!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 1:21pm
okc hasnt rested anyone yet. i agree that manus injury probably isnt as bad as its made out but i think theyre going to have to keep playing their starters or they will be in danger of losing 1st seed in the west, not that pop probably cares too much anyway.

miami in 5 again Wink
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 5:50pm
Miami sat LeBron, Wade and Chalmers again.  I don't have any problems with it... if you win enough games to get to the point where you can rest your veterans, go for it.

And while they sit, Carmelo goes off for 50 on their court... 
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 1:02pm
The heat are gonna win it all. and they know it.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 2:38pm
Every time I watch the Miami games, it seems like Shane is such a good role player. But when I look at his fantasy stats, there isn't much there. He seems like a player who gives the team energy
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 7:47pm
Good confidence booster for the Knicks in a potential playoff matchup and Melo went off again dropping 40. It's crazy the last two weeks he's had 90pts and only 12 have come from free throws
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 11:28pm

melos fg % is ridiculous as well right now. he was nailing shots from everywhere against miami, i swear he didnt even hit the rim in the first half.

Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 1:29am
Originally posted by madsnake

melos fg % is ridiculous as well right now. he was nailing shots from everywhere against miami, i swear he didnt even hit the rim in the first half.

If he keeps it up I think he'll snatch the scoring title from Durant as well. He's shooting 66%
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by xxbeachbum0804xx

The heat are gonna win it all. and they know it.

anything can happen in the playoffs...sometimes the best team doesn't win it for one reason or another..
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 9:55am
True, anything can happen. Melo scoring against the Heat, isn't that also when a few of their superstars weren't playing like lebron? That makes a big difference
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 10:10am

True, anything can happen. Melo scoring against the Heat, isn't that also when a few of their superstars weren't playing like lebron? That makes a big difference

miami with all stars playing lost to the bulls who were without rose and noah...needing to come back from behind to beat non-playoffs-bound teams..and let's not forget the double OT game against the kings...the heat might look like the best team and i think they're the team to beat this year..but i still wouldn't be so confident in saying that they know they're going win it all.
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 10:44am
Sixers aren't eliminated yet!!!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 11:28am
Originally posted by chenmt

Sixers aren't eliminated yet!!!
Someone actually posted this?

Last night:
Harkless - 18 pts / 9 reb.
Vucevic - 16 pts / 14 reb.
Iguodala - 10 pts / 6 ass. / 2 steals

Andrew Bynum - O pts / 0 reb. / 0 ass.

That trade worked out awesome.
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 11:39am
Faith my friend. Faith. I still remember watching miracle at the meadowlands with my roommate whose from NY. I also remember when the flyers came back from being down 3-0 in the playoff series against the bruins
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 7:25pm
bynum is absolutely laughing, 16 million or whatever it is to get bad hair cuts, go bowling and and sit in the grand stand all season. sign me up!
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 6:09am
Originally posted by madsnake

bynum is absolutely laughing, 16 million or whatever it is to get bad hair cuts, go bowling and and sit in the grand stand all season. sign me up!

That trade set the franchise back another 5 years. Sixers have to just plan to suck these next coupe of years. I would rather them make the playoffs this year because it's such a weak draft and they have to give their non lottery pick to the heat.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 11:53am
Carmelo is on fire... three straight 40 point games (one 50-pointer).  He's peaking at the right time.  Let's see if he can take it into the playoffs.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 1:11pm
Ya, the Heat had a lot of super lucky wins during the win streak. They were not all obvious wins, I hope they are too confident in the playoffs and get kicked out after the 1st round :-)
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by Geez

Carmelo is on fire... three straight 40 point games (one 50-pointer).  He's peaking at the right time.  Let's see if he can take it into the playoffs.

yep, knicks are playing very well. melo is a beast and jr is just as deadly. theyre going to be the other team to beat in the east.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 4:57pm
Were they the team to beat before melo caught on fire? I'm just wondering cuz I didn't hear about NY being a great team to beat until he went on a high fg % streak.
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 9:56pm
OK. The sixers are out now. Damn lebron James.

And idk if melo is peaking at the right time. Will he still be hot in a couple weeks when he plays Miami in the playoffs? (I'm assuming like everyone else that Miami is the actual team to beat)
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 3:40am
Miami is definitely the team to beat and not sure Melo getting hot now can translate to weeks down the track. If he shoots lights out like this the Knicks could challenge the Heat but history tells us that shooters can't maintain such high %'s over time
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 5:57am
True - it will be tough to keep up this outrageous FG% in the playoffs where the games eventually slow down and the opposing team can key up on one thing on defense.  Still, has to be encouraging that Melo is tearing it up.  Miami is still clearly the team to beat, and the only chance the Knicks have is if Melo keeps this up.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 9:48am
Miami doesn't always play good meaning anyone can beat them in the Finals if they get that far. I doubt Melo can keep this up all the way to the Finals if they also get that far. I think OKC is too strong for NY, I think OKC will win the game today
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 1:02pm

knicks improve their streak and melo just took control of the scoring title. its going to be very close from here on in but i think melo will edge him out this year.

Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 4:40pm

Miami doesn't always play good meaning anyone can beat them in the Finals if they get that far. I doubt Melo can keep this up all the way to the Finals if they also get that far. I think OKC is too strong for NY, I think OKC will win the game today

True Miami doesn't really play that well every game but I still think they're going to win it all. Teams might be able to snatch one on an off night but there's no way I can see anyone beating them 4 times
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 8:24pm
lakers are done.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 9:01pm
^They may be out,but LA still has the Clippers the duo Chris Paul and Black Griffin might just take us home to the playoffs,looking forward towards April 20.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 4:00am
Wade says he could be out until the playoffs start.  Don't think it will make much difference between now and then.  Carmelo had another big night and the Knicks won in OKC and Carmelo moved ahead of Durant for the scoring lead, all impressive feats.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 7:20am
Wade sitting out till playoffs will just help them rest. Lakers need to win out the rest of the games if they want to make playoffs. Just because they got bumped to 9th place for a day, doesn't mean they aren't gonna make it. That's such a early assumption
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 12:47pm

haha i made that assumption months ago but its becoming even more certain now.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 3:34pm
Because media can change people's outlook or opinion on anything, I've wondered what would be worse: if Lakers didnt make playoffs, or if they lost in the 1st round of playoffs
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 8:55am
I don't think the Mavericks will make it to the playoffs any more..2.5 back of Utah for the final spot. But, at the very least, beat the Suns so the beards can go...please?
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 9:09am
Wait, if they beat the Suns the players said they would shave all their beards? Dirk looks narsty with his beard, haha. I saw his beard and was like, man, no wonder his fantasy stats have gone down :-(
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 9:15am

Wait, if they beat the Suns the players said they would shave all their beards? Dirk looks narsty with his beard, haha. I saw his beard and was like, man, no wonder his fantasy stats have gone down :-(

they vowed to not shave until they get to .500...if they beat the suns, they'll be .500..and would be able to finally shave it off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 33>