Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1314151617 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 12:43pm
i think im the only one who digs the beards, dirk looks like a proper caveman, its awesome. i hope they dont make .500 but thats pretty unlikely with how bad the suns are playing at the moment.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by madsnake

i think im the only one who digs the beards, dirk looks like a proper caveman, its awesome. i hope they dont make .500 but thats pretty unlikely with how bad the suns are playing at the moment.

who r u rooting for? obviously not the Mavs, haha. It is totally caveman beard, that's why I think it's hecka ugly. Plus he's not aerodynamic anymore so it's harder for him to run faster :p
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 4:30pm
Looks like Jay-Z is selling his stake in the Nets so he can become an NBA agent.  If he teams up with World Wide Wes, everyone will want to sign.

Funny how Billy King will make a team less desirable.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 8:10pm
Warriors in the playoffs. Hell yeah. It's been so long.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by solocreep

6years in the making and a SHIT TON has changed...i am excited!

now they HOPEFULLY make it to the finals because that's the roll for the bay area so far...
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by twolf123

Originally posted by solocreep

6years in the making and a SHIT TON has changed...i am excited!

now they HOPEFULLY make it to the finals because that's the roll for the bay area so far...

haha if only. I was hoping to play the clippers but now that the nuggets dont have danillo, I'm actually a little more okay with playing the nuggets. Either way, I still think we have a lot to work on to make it to the finals.... but CLINCHED PLAYOFF SPOT
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 10:40am
^No Danillo, guess that means Denver will make their typical first round exit.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 10:52am

WWL was saying that with the recent hot streak, Carmelo should pass Durant for MVP-Runner-Up (after raymond Felton, of course).  I don't know, OKC  / NYK have virtually the same records, and the difference between Durant and Carmelo's stats favor KD.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 1:05pm
Danillo's injury is such a bummer for Denver. I don't watch their games but I like him as a player
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 1:05pm
Warriors made it to da playoffs...woohoo. That's plenty good for me. I don't think Warriors got the team to take it to the finals though.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 1:23pm
I'm just glad that Utah lost to OKC & Lakers won, they can still make it to the playoffs. The recovery time for Metta is just unbelievable, especially for his age to have no wear or tear in the cartilage of his knee. Obviously it depends on how bad the meniscus tear was, but the speed of recovery and the fact that he's playing already is just amazing
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 2:23pm
^ I also liked that Utah lost, because they have an easier schedule for the rest of the season. Lakers have a bunch of playoffs-bound teams to finish off the regular season so they're more likely to have more losses later. So, Utah losing yesterday gives the Mavs a better chance of getting in. But both Utah and Lakers need to lose a few more..and Dallas has to basically win through out.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 6:14pm
looks like the mavs dont want to get rid of those beards just yet.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 8:28pm
Damn! Really thought the Blazers were gonna pull that one out.. but what a crap-fest of a second half! Outscored by 14 points.. blehh. Sounds about right for Portlandia, unfortunately.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 2:09am
yeah i thought they had them as well. kobe was huge!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 5:44am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Damn! Really thought the Blazers were gonna pull that one out.. but what a crap-fest of a second half! Outscored by 14 points.. blehh. Sounds about right for Portlandia, unfortunately.

Kobe and Gasol played really big...tough last three games for Lakers...all at home though.

Utah has it pretty easy with Minnesota twice and ending with Memphis.  Obviously Memphis is a tough game but hopefully they have something on the line for it.

Pretty sure Dallas is cooked :)
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 7:35am
^ yup, dallas lost to the suns last night and are officially out of the playoffs. congrats to cuban for blowing up the team after winning the championship and ending the streak of playoffs years because of it.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:47am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

lol I guess that explains the now 9 game losing streak blazers got going on. 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 12:58pm
I didn't know the Mavs still had a chance, I thought they were out of the running since a few days ago, I could b wrong though. I saw a chart on espn the lakers have 75% chance of making the playoffs and Utah has 25%
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 1:12pm
espn odds. i think the mavs are out because of the tie breakers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 6:07pm
Melo grabbed 36 points but couldn't get the Knicks over the line. If it weren't for Lebron's ridiculous season Melo would be making a strong case for the MVP
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 7:04pm
I think in general it's really hard to vote for someone who only blew up at the end and wasn't consistent the whole season. If they lost 5+ more games than they did, he wouldn't be considered MVP, at least that's what I think. Who knows
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 7:07am
Going to the Raptors/Bulls game tonight. Hope they take 2 in a row from them cuz that's all the Raps got at this point. Rose is apparently a game-time decision but I highly doubt he'll be taking the court.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 7:23am
Bulls are the streakbusters.  They are officially the lower seed "no one wants to play."  I think they take it to Brooklyn in the first round.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Geez

Bulls are the streakbusters.  They are officially the lower seed "no one wants to play."  I think they take it to Brooklyn in the first round.

Absolutely! The Bulls are already a lock for the playoffs, so no sense in bringing Rose back prematurely and risk injury. Give him as many days as possible, then, assuming he's able to play come game 1, bring him out and let his play speak for itself.
While Brooklyn's turnaround has been somewhat impressive, I wouldn't imagine they'd have the playoff experience to remain composed when it's all on the line. Wouldn't suggest leaving Rose out of Game 1 if he's able to play, as giving them a win in the first game might just give the Nets confidence to win the series. But if the Bulls lay a hurt on the Nets in Game 1, it might behoove em to let Rose sit for the next game to ensure he stays healthy.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 8:21am
^ Problem with resting Rose until the playoffs is that he might not be in game-condition when he's needed at the end of games. Most players need some time to adjust to the game speed and build some endurance/game legs until they're 100%. Espeically for Rose who's been out this long. I would start playing him at least a week before playoffs so he gets in that groove.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 8:32am
HUGE game for the purple and gold tonight....as long as they keep Gasol involved they have a good chance of beating anyone really...
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 1:10pm

Originally posted by lightning80

^ Problem with resting Rose until the playoffs is that he might not be in game-condition when he's needed at the end of games. Most players need some time to adjust to the game speed and build some endurance/game legs until they're 100%. Espeically for Rose who's been out this long. I would start playing him at least a week before playoffs so he gets in that groove.

yep, if they want rose to play think theyre going to need to bring him back before the playoffs otherwise he could end up being more of a liability than anything else.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 9:01pm
I'm so happy Lakers were a LE to pull off a win by 2 points. I didn't see the game but was watching the score every 5 min. So nerve wrecking watching the score without seeing the game, u don't know what's going on. Too bad Mavs and Utah also won
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 1:57am
Kobe going down with a torn achilles??? At his age this is a potentially career ending type of injury. Requires a long recovery process and coupled with a disappointing year for the team he might hang up the boots
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 5:51am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Kobe going down with a torn achilles??? At his age this is a potentially career ending type of injury. Requires a long recovery process and coupled with a disappointing year for the team he might hang up the boots

I doubt Kobe retires.

The only blessing here is that they have two games left and possibly playoffs to see what life without Kobe is like and what life with Dwight is like.  If Dwight is really worth the max deal this is a good opportunity to find out.  If he doesn't play up to it perhaps you do not offer him max deal and go for Chris Paul instead or wait to see if you can snag Lebron the next year or whatever other direction they could go...
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 6:19am
I agree - I doubt he retires.  Kobe won't go out like that.  At the same time, an achilles tear is hard to come back from, or at least get back to the same level, especially at his age.  It really saps a player's lift and quickness.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 10:28am
Well, I just heard the news about Kobe's torn Achilles ... I'm so sad. He's such a hard worker. I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 11:03am
Kobe will be out 6-9 mos with ruptured achilles tendon. Same injury that put Shaq into retirement. Even if Kobe comes back 100% I don't think he'll be the same player. I think it's time for him to hang it up
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 12:30pm
This is the worse thing to happen to Mamba..so sad. We got the W last night but lost so much more.

This post game interview almost made me tear.

youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 2:15pm
He is really positive and his outlook on the situation doesn't surprise me since we're talking about Kobe, the ultimate hard worker. He is definitely an athlete to look up to
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 5:59pm
hes going to be out for 6-9 months. i dont like kobe but the mans a machine, he was already playing through injuries that game and he kept making big shots. its really sad to see someone who works that hard go out like that at the end of the season.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 6:07pm
Yea I don't think he retires. He's too competitive to go down like that.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 8:57pm
Kobe is going to play until his body shuts down,don't think he's nowhere near thinking about retiring soon,yeah it's unfortunate that he is out for the rest of the season with his rupture achilles tendon.Nash/Peace/Gasol will probably pick up for the missing slack for the team and if he does consider one day about retiring it's going to be a say day for NBA history he's still in prime just down on his luck.I'm sure Kobe will make a full recovery but nobody is ever 100% after a severe injury like that hope that doesn't put his career short.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Von44

Yea I don't think he retires. He's too competitive to go down like that.

Yeah he has a pretty strong history of playing through injuries and coming back and shutting the haters up. I can't wait for him to come back. Sadly, LA has no chance in playoffs now. Cry
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 11:22am
Lakers already pretty much had no chance in the playoffs, didn't gel together. I have no doubt that Kobe will come back. It's true, he loves the game too much to retire like that. I love the pic of lebron being carried off the court by two people for a cramp, but Kobe has a torn achilles and he shoots 2 free throws and walks off without any help. Shows a lot of character
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 12:56pm

not denying kobes toughness but theres not much you can do when you get a cramp and lebron still come up big after he went down.

RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Lakers already pretty much had no chance in the playoffs, didn't gel together. I have no doubt that Kobe will come back. It's true, he loves the game too much to retire like that. I love the pic of lebron being carried off the court by two people for a cramp, but Kobe has a torn achilles and he shoots 2 free throws and walks off without any help. Shows a lot of character

I've seen a lot of people saying this and it's not even close to being the same. A cramp literally immobilizes a leg, there's nothing you can do about it. At all. It's not a matter of toughness. I'm not talking about a cramp that the average person gets, sports cramps are on a whole nother level. 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 8:14pm
Yes because a cramp is soooo much worse than a torn Achilles' tendon, really? I don't know how severe Kobe's tear/rupture was but I'm trying not to laugh when ur trying to state a case that cramps are harder to get thru/attend to than an Achilles' tendon rupture. Let me know if I'm missing something
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Yes because a cramp is soooo much worse than a torn Achilles' tendon, really? I don't know how severe Kobe's tear/rupture was but I'm trying not to laugh when ur trying to state a case that cramps are harder to get thru/attend to than an Achilles' tendon rupture. Let me know if I'm missing something

Ha hopefully no one seen my post. I missed the second last post and thought Rurchan was commenting on a different post. soz

On another note maybe the unthinkable, Lakers play better without Kobe???? 
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2013 at 11:52pm
he never said its worse, he said that the effects of it are just as severe. its not an injury so obviously youre going to get over it but theres not much you can do when youre body basically shuts down on you.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2013 at 5:52am
I watched the "Sonicsgate" documentary last night, at the request of a friend. It's a very interesting story (and I had forgotten the days that the Sonics were quite good, it was nice to reminisce). The video all but demonizes both David Stern and Clay Bennett, but its take on the NBAs stranglehold over cities was quite revealing. It's a good watch for anyone who 1) has a couple hours free, and 2) doesn't want to keep a love affair for Mr. Stern. Plus, its available on youtube!
This doesn't necessarily pertain to 2012/2013 NBA season, but it IS 2013 now, the year when contract stipulations between the NBA and the City of Seattle stated Seattle would indeed receive a new team.It seems the Kings will be coming to Seattle, (and a team called the Kings located IN King County kinda makes sense). It's just sad to be reminded the "Sonics" are forever gone.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2013 at 8:14am
Mavericks finally able to shave off their beards after beating the Hornets. Still going to miss the playoffs...c'mon Mark Cuban, rebuild that team! Angry
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2013 at 8:55am
Lakers step up first game without Kobe...I certainly hope they do indeed make the playoffs so the front office gets more of a chance to evaluate the team at the highest level of competition.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2013 at 1:00pm
I found tickets for the lakers/rockets game for $60, so badly wanna go but my friend is not currently medically fit to be in a large crowd right now due to her low immune system, so we're both bummed out. I guess we'll just have to find a big screen tv :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 33>