Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1516171819 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 5:52am
No David Lee for the warriors in the playoffs.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 6:15am
Had a crappy day at work and got home to find out how the Warriors lost to Denver and David lee got hurt. Was not a good day.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 6:34am
Brandon Jennings predicting the bucks will take the series in six. Lol that just made my day!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 8:25am
Lakers' lack of bench is so obvious now that they're playing the Spurs who have one of the deepest benches. SA will be hard to beat in the West with Manu healthy.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 12:23pm
I'm enjoying the emergance of the "Bird Man."

Anything that helps take the white hot spotlight off of Miami's big 3, really lets them open up the floor.  They almost look like a street ball team at times.  LBJ is playing lights out, and he had nearly as many assists as attempts in game 1. 

just crazy.  Give up points and domination to lead the team to victory.

In the other half... dang OKC.  Is it too early to call a rematch of last year's finals?
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 12:42pm
I think a rematch would be pretty nice. I love the lakers but I highly doubt they would make it all the way so I might as well hope for a good Finals match. Do teams make more money the farther they get into playoffs? Like bonus money per round or anything?
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

I'm enjoying the emergance of the "Bird Man."

the bird man has been the best mid season signing for them. not only is he pulling down boards and getting put backs but hes not afraid of being dunked on, he will contest every single dunk, he just bring so much energy.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 12:47pm
^ Lakers won't even make it out of the 1st round unless they play significantly better than what they did in game 1. Denver is now going to waltz through to the next round with the injury to Warriors' David Lee. I see the Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, and Nuggets moving on in the West.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 12:52pm

i tend to agree with you, unless z bo and gasol get more involved, clippers will run away with it. thunder are going to sweep houston if they dont get anyone else contributing besides harden. nuggets are going to beat a lee-less warriors but i still think lakers have a hope of beating the spurs. looking forward to seeing how the readjust for game 2.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 3:56pm
I agree with madsnake. It all depends on how teams can readjust to their mistakes and hopefully the lakers can because the coaching is what worries me. Not that he's a bad coach, but obviously not the right fit for the Lakers.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by rurchan

I agree with madsnake. It all depends on how teams can readjust to their mistakes and hopefully the lakers can because the coaching is what worries me. Not that he's a bad coach, but obviously not the right fit for the Lakers.

Yeah it's pretty obvious...to EVERYONE. I wonder when something is going to happen to fix that.  I know he's still new but c'mon. This is insane.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 6:41pm
It just so sad that with all the talent, they can't mesh/play together. Now Dwight will prob leave and Kobe got injuried badly in the process. Always wonder what could've been ... Sigh
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 7:55pm
bulls even up the series. nets couldnt buy a bucket.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by madsnake

bulls even up the series. nets couldnt buy a bucket.

Two sub-20pt quarters (including that riveting 11-point 3rd) certainly didn't help their chances. Now the series heads to Chicago. See if that defense can keep it up :)
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 6:51am
The Nets are a very streaky team, if the Bulls can play like this at home, then I think they win this in 5 or 6.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 7:46am
That shot that CP3 made to win the game last night was insane.  He basically took over the 4th quarter and made plays one after the other. I thought Memphis left too much time on the clock and allowed the Clippers to set up a last shot to win the game.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 9:26am
The Bulls rally together as a team. I think they can win that series. I missed the end of the clippers game so I guess I gotta watch recaps of the end of the game
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by lightning80

That shot that CP3 made to win the game last night was insane.  He basically took over the 4th quarter and made plays one after the other. I thought Memphis left too much time on the clock and allowed the Clippers to set up a last shot to win the game.
hes just so damn good, he destroyed in that fourth quarter. grizz looked like they were going to come back especially seeing as the clippers were in foul trouble but cp3 just kept making shots when they needed them and then came through on the buzzer. the mans a freak.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 1:52pm
I just saw the highlight of CP3's shot. That's awesome. It was good defense too. Just has to suck to lose a playoff game at the last second like that. Oh well, go Clips ... for that series only :-)
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 2:31pm

I just saw the highlight of CP3's shot. That's awesome. It was good defense too. Just has to suck to lose a playoff game at the last second like that. Oh well, go Clips ... for that series only :-)

Hahah dude CP3 is just so clutch. I thought the series was gonna be tied up, but dang crazy buzzer beater! Good D ain't got nothing on him. Just in case you guys didn't see the shot hahaha.

youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 4:46pm
This Miami / Milwaukee series is not even close.  Just goes to show you, sometimes it's better to take your chances in the lottery than get spanked in the first round.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 11:37pm
New York and Boston is also turning into a blow out which is pretty disappointing to watch but not unexpected.

madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 2:26am
i thought the warriors were gone without lee but barnes stepped up. ill be surprised if they can shoot at 65% again but hopefully currys ankles hold up and they can keep this a tight series. 
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 5:00am

i thought the warriors were gone without lee but barnes stepped up. ill be surprised if they can shoot at 65% again but hopefully currys ankles hold up and they can keep this a tight series. 

I'm just as surprised as you. And they won in Denver. Curry is frickin awesome.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 5:49am
Originally posted by solocreep

I'm just as surprised as you. And they won in Denver. Curry is frickin awesome.

This was the first game of the playoffs I caught this season.. And I was glad I did! Turned the tube on and they were talking about Klay Thompson. He was an electric player on the Washington State squad, and I can't blame him for going pro early; especially knowing what the team has turned into since. Seems like he's done pretty well for himself so far!
That ankle roll Curry had did look pretty gross. Hope he's able to rest/stretch it out and the team can keep the momentum going GO GS!

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 9:05am
the warriors game was shocking. i thought that they had no chance after lee went down. but the team stepped up and shot lights out. but, shooting teams usually don't last in the playoffs. once they miss a few shots, i predict it'll go downhill fast.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 9:48am
Good for gs. I wrote them off after the David Lee injury but I'm impressed by their resolve.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 12:04pm
Milwaukee should have gone for the lottery, starting to think the Lakers should have tried for that also, but their legacy/ego wouldn't allow that to happen. I hope they save some face and start winning games starting today
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 12:13pm
I don't have cable, so it stinks not being able to watch any games yet.  I don't start watching until the playoffs normally, so i'm bummed when i miss out on good games.

Will ABC (over the air) start getting more in the 2nd round??
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 4:28pm
I'm not sure but u should ask around for friends that have cable and watch at their place or go to a sports bar or restaurant like Buffalo Wild Wings, Fridays, Applebees, BJ's type places
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:56am

I don't have cable, so it stinks not being able to watch any games yet.  I don't start watching until the playoffs normally, so i'm bummed when i miss out on good games.

There's also firstrowsports.eu website... DO NOT access it with Internet Explorer. I'd recommend FF with the no-script add on so you explicitly have to grant permission for each script on the site. The quality's not GREAT, but it's free, and watchable, especially if ya don't have other options.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 7:33am
Even though Houston lost, it was nice to see their rookie guard go head-to-head with Westbrook and not backing down one bit.

As for the Lakers/Spurs series, I honestly can't see the Lakers coming back from 2 down.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 11:04am
Ya, Lakers don't seem to have the spirit or energy to keep up in 4 qtrs, they were doing good near the half. Lin is in trouble for the future cuz Beverly is looking good with better stats than him in the playoffs
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 12:22pm

Sounds like a good excuse to knock back a few at your local bar/pub. Thumbs Up
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 12:32pm
I just saw a article heading that said Steve Blake is out indefinitely, I haven't read the article but after seeing that, I just gave up my hopes for Lakers to save their dignity by winning a game :-(
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 12:45pm

I just saw a article heading that said Steve Blake is out indefinitely, I haven't read the article but after seeing that, I just gave up my hopes for Lakers to save their dignity by winning a game :-(

ummm...as if Steve Blake was going to the be answer for the Lakers in the playoffs...they were done the day Kobe went down..and they were just barely hanging on even when Kobe was playing...
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 1:08pm

ummm...as if Steve Blake was going to the be answer for the Lakers in the playoffs...they were done the day Kobe went down..and they were just barely hanging on even when Kobe was playing...
this... i still cant believe they made the playoffs. i dont see them beating the spurs they way theyre playing at the moment though.

looks like currys ankle has swollen up and hes not sure if he can play in game 3 now.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 5:38am
^Shame about Curry, hope he can push through.  GS caught some bad breaks in this series (clearly), but they are by no means out of it.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 6:56am
I think gs have a good chance taking game 3 without curry as Denver is shite on the road.

And Steve Blake is def not the lakers answer in the playoffs. Even if kobe were playing, id still give the series to the Spurs. Spurs are on a different level.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 7:58am
the dominance of the nfl was more obvoius last night than ever. we have nba playoff games right now, the nhl's finals games with playoff implications...but all of the coverage is on the nfl picking up prospects..not on current games that actually matter...LOL
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 8:10am

the dominance of the nfl was more obvoius last night than ever. we have nba playoff games right now, the nhl's finals games with playoff implications...but all of the coverage is on the nfl picking up prospects..not on current games that actually matter...LOL

there is the NFL and then everything else...but hell I am still stoked for NHL playoffs.  Lakers are toast...man they have tough decisions this off season.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 8:42am
Originally posted by shwazy

there is the NFL and then everything else...but hell I am still stoked for NHL playoffs.  Lakers are toast...man they have tough decisions this off season.

I think this speaks for the unappealling nature of NBA playoffs.  16 teams make the playoffs, which makes the season less compelling until you get to the last few weeks, and even then, the games are soft because players are being rested and half the teams have their fate decided already.  Then the first round games, with a few exceptions are very predictable.  

The playoffs are just too long, and obviously are more about TV income than creating compelling basketball.  I'll watch in the conference finals, but for now, I prefer to hear about the NFL draft.  Heck, for now, I want to follow the NBA draft more than the NBA playoffs.  That is oddly messed up.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 8:43am

Just saw that Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus... Western Conference just got a little more open if he misses a lot of time.

JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 8:46am
I think the apparent lack of parity in the NBA playoffs is apparant right now.  the 1-8 and 2-7s are pretty worthless.  You all know i'm a Miami router and a big LeBron fan, but come on... the bucks made the playoffs? What team was #9? Some Jr High girls team??

I think the NFL draft has it's aura because of the fact of "prospects."  IE, "Wow, my team could be so awsome if we get this guy!!"  Need proof? Check out the NFL thread right now.  Hopes and dreams sometime are more fun (because everyone is at 0-0 right now) than "my team is getting smoked in the NBA playoffs...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Geez

Just saw that Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus... Western Conference just got a little more open if he misses a lot of time.

yup, he's going to need surgery..he won't be back in the playoffs. that just made the spurs run that much easier...
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 8:57am
Dang man! what's with two big stars going down this year, and Rose last year... all in the Playoffs.  Fatigue from the season? Extra intensity from playoff basketball?
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 4:11pm
Obvious Kobe is out. With that already known, I was trying to say that Blake bein out makes it worse cuz they are progressively having to use players deeper and deeper on the bench. The Rockets have a better chance now that Westbrook is out
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 10:42pm
Spurs just all over the lakers tonight. Now I hear that metta is out for game 4. Stick a fork in them cuz they're done.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 3:51am
Damn these warriors are scrapy. Clawing back from 13 down in the 2nd half.

Lawson should get more attention around the league. This guy is a scoring machine. In not even a nuggets fan. Just giving the man respect.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 6:17pm
Even without Westbrook, OKC is having their way with Houston. Everyone thought it was over for OKC and I'll admit so did I. Durant is on fire, prob cuz he knows he has to make up for Westbrook's points now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 33>